Thor vs. Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
will it be...

my money is on Thor
bash

King KAM
Shazam........that man is one of the coolest SOBs ever.they need to bring him back in a bigway, it sucks....he got cancelled out pretty much because DC made 2 supermans.....and didnt know what to do with them both, but Marvel is the man....I beleive he can take Thor not to easily, but it can and will be done.

OneDumbG0
Well... considering how the OMAC's in OMAC Project #5 cancelled out Mary Marvel's powers by calling down a thunder bolt... I would think it safe to say that Thor being the God of Thunder could also legitimitely figure out what kind of thunder bolt he'd need to take Captain Marvel's powers away too. Being that he's the literal God of Thunder and all.

If for some reason Thor couldn't call down the lightning because he couldn't perceive that is exactly what changes Captain Marvel, I'd still daresay that Thor could use some magic enchantment from Mjolnir and trap Captain Marvel in some magic negatement field. Thor or Mjolnir both have the cognizance to perceive magic at work. I remember a Hulk vs Juggernaut thread where Thor somehow got a few relevant posts and vividly remember a panel of Thor creating a magic field with Mjolnir negating the Cytorrak crystal magic.

I daresay that although the source that Captain Marvel derives his power from is quite awesome (it isn't limitless or he doesn't have the ability to manipulate it to his own wishes). I mean, he can transform to Captain Marvel and that's about that. He can't call forth more power, since if he could, he would have against the Spectre. While Thor on the other hand can call forth mystic energies to cause and repair rifts in space and time, negate magic, and summon nature's fury... hell he could call the Avengers or his fellow gods for help n a pinch also... well not anymore. ; ; Captain Marvel is a good supporting or foil character, at best in my eyes.

Now,... Thor vs Genis-vell Captain Marvel... yeah... a fight like that might be more interesting.

King_Mungi
Keep in mind the OMAC'S in the Superman run with the Priest becoming one all had magical objects. Version three had skeletal remains of an angel in him and version four (priest) apparently had even more magical stuff. So we really don't know if these OMAC's can perform magical feats as well. Probally can.

king creole
Capyain marvel has an immunity against magic

Milkie
I don't like the fact that they rape the marvel family with this lightning weakness bs

People using radios to record and shit wtf!!

So retarded.

It should be limited to the actually host. The words have to come from them like they are the source not a radio...

snoopdogg
That's how Thor beat CM in the crossover. He hit him with the lightning which seemed kinda gay if you ask me.

DigiMark007
Thor should win. He's basically Supes' equal without the weakness to magic. Billy's outmatched.

rotiart
I assume this is DC Captain Marvel???

I'd say that Thor beats Superman (only because of the "weakness" to magic)
But that Captain Marvel would beat Thor... IF Thor isn't allowed to use the Godforce. since AFAIK Shazam doesn't have anything similar other than his thunderbolt from changing back and forth...

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by snoopdogg
That's how Thor beat CM in the crossover. He hit him with the lightning which seemed kinda gay if you ask me.

Agreed. It was a cheesy victory.

He threw Mjolnir and Billies lighting bolt before Billy could change back to Captain Marvel. The lightning stunned Thor and possibly temporarily "short circuited" Mjolnir (which flew miles away apparently before wonder woman found it) and Ko'd Billy.

Milkie
I like Alex Ross's Characters better

They actually make since

Especially Captain Marvel

We know more about him then we do the other canon version

He actually uses the powers Shazam gave him. I'm not saying the canon version doesn't but Alex's version is better portrayed and lives up to what Captain Marvel should be.

Avalonofthewind
Are we using the current Captain Marvel?

Soljer
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Are we using the current Captain Marvel?

You mean.....

Captain Marvel - turned - Shazam Captain Marvel?

That'd be a bit unfair, wouldn't it? Unless we assumed that current Thor was still Rune King Thor...

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Soljer
You mean.....

Captain Marvel - turned - Shazam Captain Marvel?

That'd be a bit unfair, wouldn't it? Unless we assumed that current Thor was still Rune King Thor...

Is the real Thor back or is it still that clone?

Soljer
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Is the real Thor back or is it still that clone?

The only Thors I CURRENTLY know of are A) The Ragnarok, Sleeping, Rune King Thor and B) Clor.

And that supposed Thor from the fantastic four Comic. The one that took out a bunch of guys, grabbed the hammer, and disappeared.

But nothing else has happened with him, and as far as we know, that might have even been Clor. :-P.

D-Block
Originally posted by Milkie
I like Alex Ross's Characters better

They actually make since

Especially Captain Marvel

We know more about him then we do the other canon version

He actually uses the powers Shazam gave him. I'm not saying the canon version doesn't but Alex's version is better portrayed and lives up to what Captain Marvel should be.

Agreed Alex's version is what Captain Marvel was meant to be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.