Uncle Sam (DC) vs. Captain America.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
The US is going to war...again. Cap refuses to sign up especially after he got raped by Osama Bin Laden's camel ( sick ) so Bush has sent Uncle Sam to make Captain America join the US army...by force.

Who wins.

leonidas
TARNATION! great thread! HA!! if this is the freedom fighters uncle sam, i've never been able to adequately gauge his strength. isn't it somehow based on the 'will of the american people'? ie-it fluctuates. i don't know how high it can go. not very, in the couple appearances i have of him. he's also got some kinda precog power, doesn't he? again, i'm not sure to what extent. isn't it something about dangers to the usa, or something? still, though he seemed to have some h2h skills, from the couple appearances i have of him, unless his strength can get really high, i doubt he'd give cap too much trouble.

Draco69
I wouldn't be too sure. He's pretty strong.

leonidas
sorry draco, can't make out taht scan very well. give me a hero whom you'd consider bein in his strength class. i've only seen low level feats from him, but (though i'm old) i don't go back all the way to the 40's!!

maybe whirly has some of those issues! hehehh

Draco69
Blast! Oh well. I'll just use the link:

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Infi...-1/IC_01Pre.htm

Be careful. Some possible spoilers. But not much. It barely qualifies as a teaser.

Juntai
Originally posted by Draco69
Blast! Oh well. I'll just use the link:

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Infi...-1/IC_01Pre.htm

Be careful. Some possible spoilers. But not much. It barely qualifies as a teaser. dead link

Draco69
Whaa!?

For the love... http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=79923

King_Mungi
Originally posted by leonidas
sorry draco, can't make out taht scan very well.

Here, you can get the scan in higher quality
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/issue-1/IC_01Pre.htm

Your king has spoken.

EDIT: Your King is apparently very late....long live the King

Draco69
Ah. Thank you.

King KAM
dude im the effin king around here......your just a junior memeber.....
and your canadian....so you couldnt possibly be in any postion of power...

leonidas
still, busting downa door isn't much of a feat. i'll stick with cap until i see evidence to the contrary.

infinite crisis looks like it will be AWESOME.

Draco69
As long as Bat-hole dies a horrible death...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by King KAM
dude im the effin king around here......your just a junior memeber.....
and your canadian....so you couldnt possibly be in any postion of power...

Naaaa.....your to odd to be the true king, also does post count really matter? Even with the number of my posts I have already greatly contributed more than some who have more posts and they just spam...besides this place needs more Canadians. The ones you hate mad

8bitChris
Make Nightwing the new Batman and make sure he doesn't join the JL.

King KAM
canada sucks...... and you dont contribute anything but 2cents at a table where the big blind is 50bucks, go back to the kiddie pool junior.

King_Mungi
canada sucks...... and you dont contribute anything but 2cents at a table where the big blind is 50bucks, go back to the kiddie pool junior.

FYI, here is a list of things Canadians invented...and no I'm not going to get into a debate about nations since we both need each other (US and Canada) to survive. Canada does not suck

http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa090100a.htm

Brief List:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/taniah/Canada/things/

I'm not even going to comment on the the rest, due to the fact I'm 21 and....I don't care *shrugs* Canadians are very easy going.

Wynndar
I dont like their beady eyes and floppy heads.

King KAM
pack of cowards, no-one cares about those damn inventions, none of them were the internet, Marvel or DC comics, or the printing press, and thats all that matters her, so how about you live the royal posts to the real king.

King_Mungi
pack of cowards, no-one cares about those damn inventions, none of them were the internet, Marvel or DC comics, or the printing press, and thats all that matters her, so how about you live the royal posts to the real king.

Cowards? we have been in ever major war and have never lost one. Hell, we were the ones who burnt the WHite House........bah! I'm not getting in this, believe what you want I don't care.
---
Back on topic:
I would give this to Captain America, due to if Uncle Sam does lose his confidence he turns back into his normal self who ever that is(Superman/Batman). Plus CA has beaten people with super strength as well. However, it would be a good and long battle.

Draco69
I find this thread to be terribly ironic....

Draco69
Originally posted by King_Mungi

Back on topic:
I would give this to Captain America, due to if Uncle Sam does lose his confidence he turns back into his normal self who ever that is(Superman/Batman). Plus CA has beaten people with super strength as well. However, it would be a good and long battle.

That's not his "normal" self. His normal self is Uncle Sam. WW just made him what he was supposed to be before time wrecked havoc on the DC Universe.

He's not like Gladiator or something.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Draco69
That's not his "normal" self. His normal self is Uncle Sam. WW just made him what he was supposed to be before time wrecked havoc on the DC Universe.

He's not like Gladiator or something.

He has had many incarnations, since at times he disapears and reappears. It all depends, and Uncle Sam was just a solider named Sam who died during the Revolutionary War and just before he died merged with the Spirit of Liberty. So US should not have been in the back burners in the altered timeline. If he was there, he should have been his trademark US. Since he has been US longer than when the adult Legion altered the timeline.

leonidas
<<I dont like their beady eyes and floppy heads.>>

well, at least you've got a GOOD reason to hate us . . .

as far as your irony: is that because a couple canadians are adding decent posts to the threads? or because one american 'king' says things that are obviously not too bright in a thread about 2 'great' americans? or for the even more obvious 2 great americans devoted to peace trying to beat each other senseless?

tarnation! this damn thread is LOADED with irony!

roughrider

Go F**k yourself, Smurfy. That's the kind of attitude terrorists point to.

roughrider
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Cowards? we have been in ever major war and have never lost one. Hell, we were the ones who burnt the WHite House........bah! I'm not getting in this, believe what you want I don't care.
---
Back on topic:

America has invaded us four times in our history - we sent you packing each time! stick out tongue

roughrider

We gave America good lumber, good beer, good donuts, hockey, basketball, baseball, football, and one-half of Superman.

America gave us acid rain, mcdonalds, and the threat of getting caught in a nuclear crossfire!

long pig
So, the crisis deal....Wally's gonna die, Barry takes his place and Nightwing is going to take position as batman for a while?

I like Canada, we should make it our 51st state.

roughrider
Originally posted by long pig
So, the crisis deal....Wally's gonna die, Barry takes his place and Nightwing is going to take position as batman for a while?

What the f**k? Tell me that's a joke.

long pig
That's the consensus opinion 'round the D.C forums.

Draco69
I doubt it. It's too obvious and cliche. No way in hell would DC kill off anyone of their icons. Batman has like twenty titles. He brings into too much money.

My bet is Green Arrow or Captain Marvel

roughrider
Oh no - didn't you hear John Stewart after last November's election?
The two countries will be reorganized eventually.
Most of the north will become The United States Of Canada!
The rest of the south will become Jesusland! laughing

We'll take good care of you, don't worry!

roughrider
Originally posted by roughrider
We gave America good lumber, good beer, good donuts, hockey, basketball, baseball, football, and one-half of Superman.

America gave us acid rain, mcdonalds, and the threat of getting caught in a nuclear crossfire!

Oh - almost forgot: we gave you the telephone, too! stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Originally posted by long pig

I like Canada, we should make it our 51st state.

I doubt they would kill the Flash yet again in the crisis, Wally just had twins with his wife. No way would they do that, unless they want to show that lightening strikes twice. Bart is to young to even become Flash, and not that strong. I also heard about Dick, it's possible he has taken the mantle up shortly before. He has said he doesn't want to be Batman and other times he does.

Do we at least get to keep our healthcare and beer?

Originally posted by roughrider
Oh - almost forgot: we gave you the telephone, too! stick out tongue

Check out my links on the first page on what he did.

Plus are you roughrider from superherohype.com?

roughrider
Nope, never been on superherohype.
Didn't mean to get on such a political tangent - couldn't let what was said pass.

jrodslam
Jeez. Im sorry for being a bit off topic, but did you see that team? And is Mongul back or is that his son?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.