list the 10 hardest games you've played

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
1. Ghosts and Goblins
2. Ghouls and Ghosts
3.Castlevania Chronicles (original)
4. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
5. Vampire Killer (first Castlevania game)
6. Actraiser 2
7. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
8. Art of Fighting
9. Super Burger Time
10. Haunted Castle (Castlevania arcade game)

Red Superfly
There's only three games I've ever found to be truly hard.

1) Ninja Gaiden - Mainly down to the awful camera rather than hardness
2) Episode III Revenge Of The Sith - because it's a mess of a game.
3) Ninja Turtles on the NES - It's a kids game - why must it destroy me?

JToTheP
DMC3
Mario 2:Lost Levels
ManHunt
Haunting Ground
DMC1
Viewtiful Joe 1
Zelda 1
Zelda 2
MG 1 & 2

DarkC
Tetris Worlds(on the fastest speed setting)
Pokemon Pinball("WTF Digglett!!!!"wink
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: MM
StarFox Adventures
Metroid Prime 2
UMK3 on master setting

darth-yoda
im looking at these game and iv finished them most numerous times so if anyone wants help ask me i cant think off any hard games iv played ones that have really made me play for days trying to do the same thing

Darth Jello
ok, how the hell do you beat the mirror doppleganger in chronicles?

darth-yoda
i aint played teh castlevainar games well only the gba one when i was 7

crazy_shadow
only hard game i can think of is red faction 1....i think its cuz i put it on hard LOL

every other game ive beaten without strategy guide at all smile...well except legaia 2...i couldnt figure out the puzzle on one of the things where you have to guess the order in which to light 12 lights.....stupid bastards dont even give you a hint

dAngEr_Is_gO!
The ones I can think of are:

1) Impossible Mission (C64) - even with the trainers enabled I still couldn't finish it!!
2) Head over Heels (C64)
3) Ninja Turtles (NES) - Surely there are bugs in the code for the game to be this hard
4) Most of the King Of Fighters - because their boss characters are so damn cheap
5) Vagrant Story (PS1) - In true Square style they have enemies that can drain 100% health whenever they feel like.
6) X-men COTA (Saturn) - one word "Magneto"
7) The Last Ninja (C64) - Had a lot of artificial difficulty due to the poor collision detection.
8) Perfect Dark (N64) - Some of the challenges toward the end were infuriating.
9) Juiced (Xbox) - Some of the races demanded that you be insanely precise with your cornering.
10) Ninja Gaiden - Ball-bustingly hard but not impossible

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by DarkC
Tetris Worlds(on the fastest speed setting)
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: MM
StarFox Adventures
Metroid Prime 2
UMK3 on master setting OoT was pretty hard!! i just remembered i had to look at a guide on 3 parts of the game lol

powerfulone1987
I don't believe that I have played any truly hard games. and If I have it's because i made them hard on myself.

If I have, i can't think of any right now.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by DarkC
lol

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I don't believe that I have played any truly hard games. and If I have it's because i made them hard on myself.

If I have, i can't think of any right now. there's gotta be a game that was a challenge....strategy games wink

E.I. the 7th guest, the labyrinth (NEVER beat that game, only got one f*cking mirror couldnt find the other half), mostly the old pc games, their good challenges.....except stuff like doom n stuff, i mean puzzle type games big grin

StinkFist462
1. Superman (N64)

The Highlord
bonus episode for Doom1 called Thy Flesh Consumed on the hardest lvl, both TNT and Plutonia for Final Doom on hardest lvl, and some of the master lvls for Doom2 on hardest lvl is a pure pain to complete, also Mortal Kombat trilogy on the hardest lvl, hmm I dont know I find those the hardest

DarkC
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
lol
Hey, it's true....I uttered so much profanity in the later stages of that game. (I was in the 6th grade, BTW)

Wild_7
Turok 2 and prince of persia 2 mad

DarkC
DDRXtreme on Master setting. Dear god, you'd have to be Neo to move that fast in some of those songs, IMO.

Magic_attack
I suppose this list can include games that I have beaten, but have no desire to ever play again...

I agree with the Ghouls and Ghosts, Ghosts and Goblins- Those two were a pain.

Also Haunted Castle- used a lot of quarters in that machine.

Double Dragon(nes)

More to come.... as I think of them...

Spearhead
Jak 2...the first time through was a pain in the arse

WarCraft 3 was kinda hard too

and the Jedi Knight games on Jedi Master are close to impossible -_-

SnakeEyes
Tetris... I can never win... wink

JirK
diablo 2 on hell mode
x-men 2 clone war, cant beat apocalypse. JUST FLOATS ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND WONT ****ING DIE.
comic zone
star wars episode 3, it took me so long to beat dooku, then windu, then grevious, then anikin. i know each of them are bad ass, but this is a freakin game.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by JirK
diablo 2 on hell mode
x-men 2 clone war, cant beat apocalypse. JUST FLOATS ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND AND WONT ****ING DIE.
comic zone
star wars episode 3, it took me so long to beat dooku, then windu, then grevious, then anikin. i know each of them are bad ass, but this is a freakin game. diablo 2 on hell mode pisses me off cuz my lvl 84 necro in harddcore died...i got disconnected from my dialup in front of like 20 abyss knights...and when i came back....i was so pissed..if you dont believe the lvl, check the hardcore expansion ladder....that is if its still up there since the ladder has been resetted for a while :P his name is NumberOne_Lad or something

Joker1237
Pitt-Fighter, To this day I was NEVER able to beat it lol,

Ok its a bad game, and its chucky and all.

The thing that makes this level over the top is, that its near impossble to regain your life, So in the next match you get what ever you had left from the last fight.

I can make it to the 2 guys that take me down fast lol. Oh yeah and you get like 3 conts.

So I on my last con when I get 2 the 2 eddies lol. also in the Arcades, You need a LOT of coins to beat it, I did in the arcades,(Cost a lot of money lol) But I beat it lol.

Sparkz
Why did every1 seem to struggle on episode 3? I completed it in 6 hours with little difficulty.

As for my toughest games:
Vergil 3 on DMC3 in the end i just lamed with holy water.
Probotectors
Half Life
super smash tv

Thats about all I can think of I never particuly struggle with games, well except maybe a couple of booses untill i figure out weakness's etc.

RoyMC
Originally posted by JToTheP

DMC3
Mario 2:Lost Levels
ManHunt
Haunting Ground
DMC1
Viewtiful Joe 1
Zelda 1
Zelda 2
MG 1 & 2

oh my jentle jesus those games are so ****in easy! i beat devil may cry 3 on heaven or hell mode!

powerfulone1987
Well I guess Final Fantasy X-2 can be in this category for me.

I only got real trouble from the final battle, well I'm assuming it was the final battle since I still haven't completed theg game but would like to before FFXII comes out.
I even applied a code that gave either the greatest amt of HP or infinite HP and I still lose because it works fine until certain attacks that just wipe out your HP no matter what.
I had to use a code also to complete FFX so that I coud move on with FFX-2, isn't it ironic.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Originally posted by JirK
diablo 2 on hell mode
comic zone
star wars episode 3, it took me so long to beat dooku, then windu, then grevious, then anikin. i know each of them are bad ass, but this is a freakin game.

Comic Zone is kicking my ass as we speak! A continue option would be nice. It's part of the Sonic Mega Collection.

The absense of a block button on Spikeout Battle Street makes the game infuriatingly hard.

Vidina
Jak 3

scoobym
Devil May Cry 3

knight
Originally posted by dAngEr_Is_gO!
The ones I can think of are:

1) Impossible Mission (C64) - even with the trainers enabled I still couldn't finish it!!

About 10 years ago I finished Impossible Mission & Impossible Mission II, but! it took me almost 6 years to do it. I finished Impossible Mission II first.

Impossible Mission finally hit me, one a solution exists, then you can start getting the puzzle pieces together. I'll never forget the week that
I finished it. January - Summer of '95.

I Stayed A While - Almost Forever...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/THEDoctor.jpg

The 10 List:

*Bruce Lee C-64
*He-Man - C-64
*Who Dares Wins - C-64
*Back To The Future II - C-64
*Spyhunter - C-64
*Ghosts 'n' Goblins - C-64
*Wizard of Wor - C-64
*Drak - C-64
*Monty Mole - C-64
*Mortal Kombat - Arcade

Tru_Slice
Remember Super Mario 64? Did anyone ever get 180 stars?

knight
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Remember Super Mario 64? Did anyone ever get 180 stars?

Actually I did... it took some time.

Back then I was only seven and had lots more time on my hands on weekends and school holidays at night.

TwisterGameX
Ninga Gaiden tops them all so far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.