Silver Surfer vs Superman: A foot race.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Basically, it's like Flash vs Superman footrace, but Surfer.
Surfer, of course, doesn't have his board.
He has, in the past and recently shown FTL reaction/arm movements, so, how would he do here?

1 lightyear distance.

Superherovandal
SS isn't at all that fast without his board and he expends much cosmic energy if he does travel without the board. I would say Supes.

long pig
That's why I made it a foot race instead of a "flying without a board" race.

MatchesMalone
This may be a good time for me to ask someone to help me out.

I have plenty of comics where Surfer uses his surfboard to fly faster than light speed. Can someone post a comic reference where he moves at super speeds and reflexes without using his board?

I know he can do it, but would someone post something anyway? I would really appreciate it.

long pig
http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/8729/sspeed2za.png
Searches everyone on the planet in the time it takes for Strange to say one sentence. That's basically scouring the world checking everyone in less than two seconds. That's Kingdom Come Flash league.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/SilverSurfer_Rune-14.jpg
Flies in circles faster than light. You can't fly in circles in a radius that tight unless you can react fast enough to turn.

In the I.G saga, Surfer's IG grab feat has been clocked at, I believe, hundreds of times lightspeed. (flew a lightyear in a few moments)

He once flew into a holding pin and grabbed Nova and left with her and was thousands of miles away before the security machines that were monitoring the holding pin registered that anything happend.

Yes, these are all with board, but he never really goes without it because he doesn't ever need to. But it does show his reflexes/reaction/arm speed is FTL.

leotorthegreat
i say the surfer win the foot race superman only reaches his top speed in flight

long pig
I was thinking possibly Superman would take a foot race seeing Surfer isn't used to actually running.
In a flight race, it's no question Surfer would win.

HigH ScholaR
can't the silver surfer use the power cosmic to boost his capabilties including speed

K3VIL
Who's the guy SS is fighting?

MatchesMalone
Hey, long pig, I really appreciate those pics.

I've seen surfer react that fast on his board many times before throughout his career. That's how I knew he could react that fast without the board.

Be that as it may, does anybody have any pics of Surfer reacting at super speeds on foot, without his board? If someone could post, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the pics again, long pig. I appreciate your help.

Maestro
Originally posted by K3VIL
Who's the guy SS is fighting?

http://www.geocities.com/marvel_villain/deathurge/deathurge.html

snoopdogg
In all of my readings of Norrin Radd I have yet to see him use superpeed of any kind without his board.

Superman was right behind Flash when Flash was outrunning his heatvision.

Thats pretty fast.

Based on comic showings Superman wins this race.

Solidus Snake
he hs skis? oh hes a black racer knock off?

HigH ScholaR
that is what i was thinking too

roughrider
Fast reactions may be one thing, but don't believe Surfer can run as fast without his board. Superman would win a foot race.

Mindship
As much as I like the Surfer (#1 fave), I give this to Superman (#2 fave). Reason: Surfer never struck me as a particularly athletic type (because he doesn't have to be). Yes, I imagine with the power cosmic he could amplify his leg speed, and with that he might very well win. But as "typically portrayed," that is not his style.
This is one of the problems with the Surfer: he's so powerful--in scope and variability--that it's hard to be consistent with how he uses those powers.

kgkg
Superman wins

8bitChris
Come on? I know i'm not the only who got a chuckle out of that first Defenders scan.

Deathurge was recently replaced by the way. By the almighty Doorman! of the GLX! (Great Lakes X-men)

sylvanelf
Keep in mind that the distance posed for this race is one light year. That's quite a distance.

I'm certain that Superman can't reach light speed on foot, though I'm not sure what Silver Surfer is capable of when boosting himself with the power cosmic.
But either way, there's not just speed, but endurance to consider.

In Superman's footrace against Wally, they ran around the world in several minutes, and Superman was wiped out at the end of it. How could he possibly keep up a pace several magnitudes greater for at least a full year?

Due to the distance involved, I have to give this to the Surfer. His power cosmic doesn't require charging like Superman's energy supply does.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by sylvanelf

I'm certain that Superman can't reach light speed on foot, though I'm
Due to the distance involved, I have to give this to the Surfer. His power cosmic doesn't require charging like Superman's energy supply does. You need to pick up a Surfer comic if you believe that son.

This is just one pic of Norrin becoming weak after expending too much power cosmic.

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
You need to pick up a Surfer comic if you believe that son.

This is just one pic of Norrin becoming weak after expending too much power cosmic.
and no he doesn't need charging my friend.

Only when he is weak , but he is not weak here.

either way never , have we seen SS move as fast as superman on Foot.

therefore SS wins.

If SS wanted to be cheap he could also stop time , go back in time etc. but let's not go there.

Superman Wins

sylvanelf
Originally posted by snoopdogg
You need to pick up a Surfer comic if you believe that son.

Thanks, Dad. But even with Surfer's power being depleted from usage (and it's only happened following huge expenditures), it's surely nothing like Superman's. Supes would drain himself so much more quickly than Surfer.

Cosmic Cube
Surfer would probably use up too much energy trying to stay in a footrace with Supes. That's why he uses the board.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.