Ymir vs. Human Torch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
laughing out loud Does Torch's Nova blast stand a chance against someone like this.

guy222
john gets stomped

KMC_Drifter
Ymir for the curbstomp!!!

jrodslam
Can someone list Ymir's powers? I know he can be defeated, and i know that he can freeze anything he touches, but what else?

Cap'n Happy
Ymir is the king of the Asgarian frost giants, one of the beings who will destroy all creation, a match (or nearly) of Odin himself...
vs Johnny Storm.
Really?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Wonder Man
laughing out loud Does Torch's Nova blast stand a chance against someone like this. no expression

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
one of the beings who will destroy all creation, a match (or nearly) of Odin himself...

Really? I can see that by what i posted as hearing that whatever he touches gets frozen instantly and may die, but he can destroy all of creation and is nearly a match for odin?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by jrodslam
Can someone list Ymir's powers? I know he can be defeated, and i know that he can freeze anything he touches, but what else? simply, iceman at "full potential" is a mini ymir. i dont believe he can or should achieve that.

jrodslam
Originally posted by psycho gundam
simply, iceman at "full potential" is a mini ymir. i dont believe he can or should achieve that.

I dont think i buy that. Unless its been stated somewhere. Iceman can survive dormant in someone else's body. He survive in gas as well as liquid form. He doesnt need to touch someone to freeze them to death. Thats ofcourse Ymir has done all that stuff already before.

I dont know. Im just asking.

hunbu04
lets just put it another wat Ymir is the opposite of surtur and even comparing iceman to him is a joke as Ymir is totally out of iceman league. Ymir also possessed strength that dwaft the likes of hercules and thor. He is the embodiment of the ice in the twlight of the asgardian gods.

jrodslam
Originally posted by hunbu04
lets just put it another wat Ymir is the opposite of surtur and even comparing iceman to him is a joke as Ymir is totally out of iceman league. Ymir also possessed strength that dwaft the likes of hercules and thor. He is the embodiment of the ice in the twlight of the asgardian gods.

Is comparing Iceman to him really a joke? Power wise? You mention strength, but against iceman, that means little. Id like to see some feats of Ymir. Ive read a few bios on him and dont get whats the big deal with him. I know bios arent always accurate, but id like to se something with him in action. It was stated that he could reform from a particle of ice if his body was destroyed, but it also said that he could be melted.

Cap'n Happy
Marvel doesn't always follow Norse mythology (in fact, Marvel's Asgard differs greatly at times), but it's close enough to be a guide, and classical mythology has Yimir being a powerhouse- it took Odin and his two brothers (all equally powerful) to slay him.
In marvel, Yimir has not been well defined- but it's safe to say that he is indeed opposite (and equally powerful) to Surtur- ice to his fire. And it's pretty well defined that Surtur is Odin level power. Any way you slice it, Johnny Storm is no match (pun intended) to Yimir.
P.S. Recent Thor story lines state that it is the battle between Yimir and Surtur that signals the comming of Ragnarok... the end of Asgard (and of all reality?- That's what Norse mythology believed).

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Marvel doesn't always follow Norse mythology (in fact, Marvel's Asgard differs greatly at times), but it's close enough to be a guide

No it's not.

Newjak
Originally posted by jrodslam
Is comparing Iceman to him really a joke? Power wise? You mention strength, but against iceman, that means little. Id like to see some feats of Ymir. Ive read a few bios on him and dont get whats the big deal with him. I know bios arent always accurate, but id like to se something with him in action. It was stated that he could reform from a particle of ice if his body was destroyed, but it also said that he could be melted. All you need to know is that the only time Iceman met Ymir he basically crapped himself until Thor BFRed Ymir

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No it's not.

Look, I admitted that there are differences- often big ones- between Marvel Asgard and classical mythology, but it's impossible to say mythology isn't a guide for Marvel... that's where it all came from! Marvel didn't make up Thor, Odin, Balder ect... they took it all from mythology that goes back thousands of years. And in both mythology AND in the Marvel U, Yimir is a titanic power.
Go get a copy of Bullfinches guide to ancient mythology, and find out:

Odin- the skyfather, king of Asgard
Thor- son of Odin, second to him in power, god of thunder.
Yimir- the father of all frost giants (who are the great enemies of. Asgard), slain by Odin and his brothers, and who's body was used to create the world.

-Kinda looks like a guide to Marvels Asgard to me- that is, if facts mean anything to you.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Newjak
All you need to know is that the only time Iceman met Ymir he basically crapped himself until Thor BFRed Ymir Was that in X-Men: First Class? Wasn't there that scene at the end where I can't remember who comments on Iceman's potential. My memory is failing me.

Newjak
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Was that in X-Men: First Class? Wasn't there that scene at the end where I can't remember who comments on Iceman's potential. My memory is failing me. Yeah but still Iceman knew he was nothing next to Ymir.

And Potential are just words. big grin

Blair Wind
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Was that in X-Men: First Class? Wasn't there that scene at the end where I can't remember who comments on Iceman's potential. My memory is failing me.

Both Thor, and some priests commented on him being just like Ymir, and could possibly grow to be as powerful as him.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4052/xmenfirstclass005020iy5.th.jpghttp://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3667/xmenfirstclass005021ji1.th.jpghttp://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8671/xmenfirstclass005022jh2.th.jpghttp://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7963/xmenfirstclass005023cx1.th.jpg

Iceman was a kid NJ. It doesnt count ermm

Newjak
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Both Thor, and some priests commented on him being just like Ymir, and could possibly grow to be as powerful as him.

Iceman was a kid NJ. It doesnt count ermm He will always be a kid Blair

ermm

psycho gundam
Originally posted by hunbu04
lets just put it another wat Ymir is the opposite of surtur and even comparing iceman to him is a joke as Ymir is totally out of iceman league. Ymir also possessed strength that dwaft the likes of hercules and thor. He is the embodiment of the ice in the twlight of the asgardian gods. yeah i meant to say that

guy222
poor torch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.