yoda sucks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
go ahead and bash me and do what you will but yoda does suck. i mean he is 875 or something in ROTS and he got beaten by a 65 year old. i know yoda would have won anywere else but is sids was even 150 he would have pwned yoda. and sids was out of training i think. yoda trained everyday. go ahead and replay

overlord
Everybody loves him, aliens are frieking popular. Jar Jar gets more fanmail than any other SW characters, CGI characters are the shit..

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Darth Avis
go ahead and bash me and do what you will but yoda does suck. i mean he is 875 or something in ROTS and he got beaten by a 65 year old. i know yoda would have won anywere else but is sids was even 150 he would have pwned yoda. and sids was out of training i think. yoda trained everyday. go ahead and replay

First, Yoda had to lose, because it's a prequel made thirty years after a sequel series. It was only natural.

Second, the battle was very close, and luck was what made Sidious the winner, not superior skill.

Third, we have -no- idea on Sidious' true age or how much he trained.

Fourth, you have no idea that Yoda trained every day. Why would he? He's a teacher and head of the Jedi Order. He is the embodiment of the Jedi code and philosophy. The jedi are not about kicking ass; they're about achieving peace and balance and harmony. They're a spiritual group, not a fighting cult.

And Fifth, Yoda rules. Admit it, get used to it, and don't make stupid threads like this anymore.

overlord
Yoda was probably on his ultimate potential. Wow.. That sounded cool.
Now if Yoda had used the power of the dark side..

He'd probably be riding everybody piggy back!

Darth Avis
Janus they were in the middle of the clone wars yoda had to train.

You are right yoda had to lose but why didnt GL just make sids fall but not die and the movies would have continued.

During the clone wars what was sids supposed to do train with the red guards.

And yes yoda rules but that is because he had 900 years to train

Fishy
He wasn't a frontline general and more powerful then anybody else in the order. The time he would have to train was if others asked to be trained by him. For the rest Yoda would spend more time meditating trying to become smarter not more powerful. If that was even possible.

Sidious falling down and Yoda just leaving? Why would Yoda leave the Sith Lord lying around. He would check up on the body and if Sids was still alive he would have been arrested if Sids would have been dead then Yoda would have taken the body and showed it to the world claiming that Sidious was the Sith Lord. He wouldn't have just left Sidious alone. He would have taken advantage of his victory to show the Republic that Sidious was an evil Sith Lord.

And what the hell does Sids his training have to do with this? He could have trained with a lot of people. Primarily Dooku, Sidious had the time to train and probably did so more then Yoda did. Sidious afterall did train alone for a very large portion of his live, he managed to train Maul when he was a senator on Naboo. Hiding one part of his life is his speciality I have no doubt that he could have been hiding his own training to the Jedi.

Darth Avis
dooku was on the other side of the galexy. Sids would have fled when he fell. And training alone? that isnt any help really. OK it is some help but still. and i bet every counil member trains with yoda during the clone wars as do the majority of masters since its the clone wars.

Darth Faunus
First off, stop vying for attention with idiotic threads and equally idiotic posts.

Second, Yoda is far from Grade F, 'Sucky'. He happens to be the most powerful being shown in the entire movie saga.

Thirdly, how the hell do you know that Yoda trained with Council members and others during the Clone Wars? Do you have a single shred of evidence? Or at least something to base a reasonable opinion on?

Fourth, what in God's name do you think the Dark Side is for? It is a 'quick path to power.' And apparently, in someone as powerful as Sidious, a very quick path. However, Sidious is human; he's not gifted with prolonged life. So naturally, he would cripple like a fool at 150, making him that much easier to be vanquished.

Lastly, Yoda owns, Sidious would be wasted, and you've just dropped way below zero on the noobness meter.

Veneficus
*waits for the response of the Sids fanboys* stick out tongue

Also Avis...don't make crap like this again please...

Darth Traya

Avis, once I actually respected you. You've just gone rock bottom in terms of people I respect here.

Darth_Glentract
Avis, I don't think you suck completly. I've gotten bashed a lot, so I'm a little soft on people who get bashed.

Nope. I've changed my mind. You post crap like this, and you deserve to be bashed.

Tangible God
YO! Everybody...and I mean EVERYBODY as just damned Avis...........................heh heh neat.

General Makashi

How's the weather down there?

Jack of Clubs
i actually kinda feel sorry for him.............

not very smart bro. you have a very unpopular or rather original opinion i might say, and you decided to show it off to everyone else.
honestly, though what did you expect?

Yoda is the closet thing there is to a perfect Jedi: disciplined, powerful, wise, compassionate, need i go on?

and age man.......cmon hes old, really really old, you would think somone that was younger has the advantage. but thats never the case with the jedi. age dosent matter as long as you have the force.
And i know your not gonna say that palpatine is stronger in the force than yoda is.

im not tryin to make you like him, but how can you not?

but your opinion is yours

Captain REX
I'm turning my MP5K on you, Avis, for this stupid thread.

Yoda is the head of the Order, and age really doesn't matter. Dooku, in his 80's, was killed by a 23-year-old. Vader, in his 40's, was defeated by his son, who was in his early 20's. Jabba was old-ish, and Leia killed him. Get over it.

Darth Avis
okay rex close this. my bad just wanted to see what everyone thought. im sorry for wasting all your time with this bull. forget this ever happened. please dont think less of me.

Tangible God
okay rex close this. my bad just wanted to see what everyone thought. im sorry for wasting all your time with this bull. forget this ever happened. No way little man, we want compensation.......................................................5 Krispy Kremes!

Darth Avis
oh come on. where do you live and i'll mail it to you. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

Tangible God
oh come on. where do you live and i'll mail it to you. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue Canada, can't you tell by the huge Liberal presence that surrounds me?

Darth Avis
okay so canada... very specific.

Tangible God
Well...I live in Toronto-- Igloo #48, my dogsled has three pure white huskies and there's a very strong smell of bacon and flapjacks coming from the window where I'm talking to the Maple Leafs who live in one town beside me in Saskatoon.

Snow EVERYWHERE! EVERY season!

Darth Avis
got you but for real everyone can you please forgive me for my stupidety? PLEASE??? cry

Tangible God
got you but for real everyone can you please forgive me for my stupidety? PLEASE??? cry Yes, thats it...use your agressive feelings boy...let the embarassment FLOW through you.........

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Jack of Clubs
i actually kinda feel sorry for him.............

not very smart bro. you have a very unpopular or rather original opinion i might say, and you decided to show it off to everyone else.
honestly, though what did you expect?

Yoda is the closet thing there is to a perfect Jedi: disciplined, powerful, wise, compassionate, need i go on?

and age man.......cmon hes old, really really old, you would think somone that was younger has the advantage. but thats never the case with the jedi. age dosent matter as long as you have the force.
And i know your not gonna say that palpatine is stronger in the force than yoda is.

im not tryin to make you like him, but how can you not?

but your opinion is yours
i do like yoda a lot dont get me wrong he is awsome, but... forget you all hurt me so much that i shouldnt post this.

Captain REX
okay rex close this. my bad just wanted to see what everyone thought. im sorry for wasting all your time with this bull. forget this ever happened. please dont think less of me.

That's better. stick out tongue

I only turn the MP5K on people for stupid threads, but if its just because they wanted to see what everyone thought (rather than we initially thought of your reasons) then I'll only take your calfs. big grin

Darth Avis
janus faunus makashi fishy glentract tyara Veneficus Tangible God can all of you please forgive me? oh and Rex what did you think at first for my reason?

Tangible God
Well, since you did capitalize my name...I forgive you.

Darth Avis
just to tell you i pasted it. i didnt know how to spell it.

Tangible God
(groans/whispers).........how hard is it to spell tangible?..................

Lord Darkstar
I actually see nothing that needs to be forgiven Avis, you expressed your opinion, which is what threads are for. And while others may disagree with you, that is their opinion. I personally do not agree with you and think that Yoda does not suck, but that does not mean I think any less of you. Actually, in my personal OPINION Sidious in RotS is better than Yoda. For my reasons go read the RotS book, it says that Yoda used up all of his energy to block Sidious' lightning attack, Sidious could still have gone on, Yoda could not. And there will be those who say that it was just because Yoda got blasted across the room, well yes he did, but he would have flowen across any room, just not fallen. He was small and would have come out the worse against any force-feedback thing like happened with the lightning. He has some advantages because of his size (harder to hit) but he also has some disadvantages, unforunally, we just have to live with it.

Oh and one more thing, personally I am disappointed in those of you who bashed Avis, he was just expressing an opinion, which is what we are supposed to do here, and you all made fun of him, before you do that, think about what you are going to say and post reasons for your thoughts. Janus, you in particular ask for reasons when people post, please provide reasons for this as well, Avis did provide some reasons for why he thought that way, the least we can do is show some courtesy in return.

Darth Avis
thank you very much and BTW that book is not canon but it was a good book none the less. once again thank you.

Captain REX
I thought you were doing it to annoy everyone, it happens here. messed

Darth Avis
oh not at all. i would never do that. all you guys are my friends and i wont want to annoy you

Tangible God
Yeah I did the same in the Versus Thread...Malak and Jesus...........think about it.......

Darth Avis
that thread will be closed by the end of the day.

Lord Darkstar
yes it will.

Oh and Avis I know that the book is not canon, but we are in the EU section and it is at least some sort-of reliable info that says that Yoda lost. And about me defending you, no problem, you don't deserve to be attacked like that

Darth Avis
i cant thank you enough 7 people one after another. man that really hurt me since all of you guys are and still are my friends.

ESB-1138
You answered your statement on why Yoda lost. He's 875 years old. Even with the force his limit isn't all great. Yoda was too old to continue fighting.

ReverendMakashi
janus faunus makashi fishy glentract tyara Veneficus Tangible God can all of you please forgive me? oh and Rex what did you think at first for my reason?

Well you didn't capitalize my name. . .I forgive child. But next time you do something like this I am going to have to give you an exorcism.

Darth Avis
i never capialize names unless i paste them so dont take it as an insult. and exorcism? what?

ReverendMakashi
i never capialize names unless i paste them so dont take it as an insult. and exorcism? what?

Begone from this child, ye evil spirit of idiocy!!!!!

Darth Avis
Never!! hahahah-nooooooooooooooooooooooo i will kill yoooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!1 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Remember NJO Luke Pwns all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!

*pants* what happened?

ReverendMakashi
Never!! hahahah-nooooooooooooooooooooooo i will kill yoooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!1 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Remember NJO Luke Pwns all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!

*pants* what happened?

Lol. You were possessed by an evil idiot spirit.

Lord Darkstar
lol, oh my the way Avis, you may want to change your sig, it still says Atlant80 on it. It is a nice sig, but the name is wrong. Just thought you should know

Lord Darkstar
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
lol, oh by the way Avis, you may want to change your sig, it still says Atlant80 on it. It is a nice sig, but the name is wrong. Just thought you should know

Darth Avis
yea i asked janus for that. and Makashi your sig needs to be changed

Lord Darkstar
dang it sorry guys, I just meant to edit my post since it said 'my' instead of 'by' I didn't mean to post it again. Sorry about that

Darth Avis
janus faunus makashi fishy glentract tyara Veneficus Tangible God can all of you please forgive me? oh and Rex what did you think at first for my reason? well i got 2/7 people to forgive me anyone else?

Illustrious
Why is forgiveness important? Go prove yourself in other threads.

Darth Avis
well it is important because it makes me feel good to know that everyone likes me. i hope i can feel good.

ReverendMakashi
yea i asked janus for that. and Makashi your sig needs to be changed

I know. Veneficus is gonna make me one.

Darth Avis
so youre getting a new sig thats great. yea, yea (wanna get high?).

ReverendMakashi
so youre getting a new sig thats great. yea, yea (wanna get high?).

Naw. It's alright. (already drunk)

Tangible God
i cant thank you enough 7 people one after another. man that really hurt me since all of you guys are and still are my friends. I prefer the words chum...pal...buddy...well-wisher...not that I wish you any SPECIFIC harm....

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Deus Ex
First, Yoda had to lose, because it's a prequel made thirty years after a sequel series. It was only natural.

Second, the battle was very close, and luck was what made Sidious the winner, not superior skill.

Third, we have -no- idea on Sidious' true age or how much he trained.

Fourth, you have no idea that Yoda trained every day. Why would he? He's a teacher and head of the Jedi Order. He is the embodiment of the Jedi code and philosophy. The jedi are not about kicking ass; they're about achieving peace and balance and harmony. They're a spiritual group, not a fighting cult.

And Fifth, Yoda rules. Admit it, get used to it, and don't make stupid threads like this anymore.

Why the hell do I have to prove any of this? Has it not already been covered by me and half a dozen others in nearly every Yoda thread to date? Is most of it not self evident? Prove up? Please.

First point- This is a given. There is no graceful way Yoda could have defeated Sidious and there still been an OT. Period.

Second point- This is pretty damn obvious as well. Unless Sidious' advantages include looking like someone just kicked his girlfriend in the face when Yoda repels his lightning at point blank range, and then grabbing onto a rail after the blast, he must be one lucky SOB.

Third point- This is a given as well. Unless... you have some verifiable source stating otherwise?

Fourth point- Again, self evident. Yoda is THE jedi in the series, with all of the admirable traits of a jedi, including a rather brooding and pacifistic streak. You can argue on this all you like, but then I'll get really in depth and write you a novel on how in-tune with the Jedi code Yoda really is.

Fifth point- Opinion. And yes, this thread was stupid. No need for "experiments" here at KMC. We've had more than enough. If you're going to make a thread, make it worth replying to reasonably, not some "IMO Yoda sucks" thread. It is pointless. I'm not holding it against Avis, but I don't support this thread either.

Lord Darkstar
oh yeah sorry Janus, I forgot about the info that you had posted, sorry about that

Deus Ex

You mean I typed all that for nothing?

*Sics jawas on LD.*

Lord Darkstar
*tells jawas that he will give them cookies, jawas run back and defeat Janus*

Paola
member bashing is not tolerated.

No matter how 'stupid' his/her threads are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.