Are Stormtroopers Clones???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Budgie
Did anybody else think that the clone uniforms were very similar to those of stormtroopers? Could it be that strom troopers are actually clones because in the original trilogy we know they are people inside suits but we never see any of them in person. Could it be that this is what happens to the clones and how they become bad....they become stormtroopers under the leadership of darth vader?

This idea is backed up by the fact that in A New Hope, Leia says to Luke "You're a little short to be a stormtrooper!" This could mean that all troopers are clones and therefore the same size!

What do you guys and gals think???

laos76
I don't know....I guess the first batch were Clones, but once the Empire was in power, regular people would have started signing up to join the Empire.

Time will tell.... smokin'

Corran
The Clonetroopers are replaced by stormtroopers once the Empire is in place.
The clonetroopers are expensive to grow, but recruiting humans for the job is much cheaper.

I think there must be some sort of physical size and height requirements to be a stormtrooper, bit like what it used to be like in the services.

Emperor Helmet
roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud

Viseus
It's pretty clear that the original stormtroopers are not clones. I think the cloning technology has been lost by this time. Maybe we'll learn more about this in Ep3.

Now, I wouldn't instantly agree that clones neccesarily are so much more expensive than regular humans. Their training is probably made much more efficient, they don't need to be paid (presumably), and they can be used in smaller numbers since they are superior soldiers.

It's obvious to me that one would allways chose clones if they were available; that's simply an option the emperor didn't have.

Texas
Yup, I think the clones are stormtroopers!
The Jedi were very impressed with them! cool

Captain REX
Well, considering that the clones have growth exceleration, they would be becoming old men by the OT, unless the Kaminoans somehow found a way to keep their growing down after they reached a certain age. Remember the batch of clone children that had been made 5 years ago in the movie? They looked as old as Boba Fett, who was ten. And the Kaminoans excelerated the growth to 2 times as fast.

5 x 2 = 10

So a batch that had been made 5 years before AOTC would be...

25 x 2 = 50

...around 50 by ANH. In ESB they'd be about 55, and in ROTJ about 60.

So the clonetroopers would be having their age catch up with them. They'd be gettin old.

Viseus
They could have made new clones later on, you know. If they had the tech.

yerssot
but at least THIS explains why they were crap on Endor big grin

Ushgarak
I understand there is a GL quote somewhere where he says the stormtroopers are clones, but I've never found it myself.

I don't know who would be the template by the time of the OT. But that said, the bit where they say they need Jango to refresh the template was cut out of AOTC anyway.

yerssot
it was on a game, I think...
I vaguely remember it, but that's all I know...

mechmoggy
I don't think that Stormtroopers are clones, there are certain ethical reasons why not to keep cloning human beings for military uses and maybe thats why they stop using them. Within the EU, the reason that clones were discontinued was because they became unhinged after a while, but we all know GL won't look to the EU for easy explanations.

I always got the feeling from ANH when Luke mentions the "Clone Wars", that he's talking about something in past tense, i.e. a thing of the past altogether. But we'll see soon enough.

yerssot
there was a theory, a few years back that there was a battle on the planet named Clone roll eyes (sarcastic)

mechmoggy
Jeepers.

yerssot
Creepers

Ushgarak
It must be said that GL quote does rather firmly put thinks back in the 'Stormtroopers are clones after all' camp. Here is his quote from Total Film:

"I had thought of using Boba Fett earlier on, which is how I came to use him in the first place as a bounty hunter, His role really has more to do with the clones than it does with anything else. Boba Fett originally came out of the fact that he was associated with the Stormtroopers. There was a relationship between them that had to do with the fact that they were all clones. Boba Fett was the son of original clone. And that story was all I had to go with when Boba Fett was introduced in Empire. (ESB) That was his back-story. That was all I had on him. But I?ve continued that idea and expanded on it in Episode II."

And of course the Clone Wars are all over by ANH!

Captain REX
That's when the Galactic Civil War starts. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.