Hulk and Thing vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Alright, i think this would be a very close battle. And dont say the Thing would go down quick cuz he was smacked around by Superman when he had the power cosmic and he still got up unharmed even tho he got sent flying thru like 5 skyscrapers. So:

The Ever Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing

and

The Savage Hulk

VS

Post Crisis Superman

WHO WINS?

JRW
to make it more even you should take away supes flying heat vision and breath

yahman
Superman !!!!!!!!! smile

MatchesMalone
I'm going with Superman.

Thing goes down in less than a second.

Superman has to beat up Hulk faster than Hulk gets angry. Which he should. He pummels Hulk until he's knocked out.

Superman should win rather easily.

King KAM
Supes takes this one way to easy.

armandovalles
alright fine i hate how people say Thing goes out quick cuz he wouldnt just read wut i wrote above the battle. And yes, Superman is not allowed to fly or use any long range attacks such as his heat vision and breath.

King KAM
Originally posted by armandovalles
alright fine i hate how people say Thing goes out quick cuz he wouldnt just read wut i wrote above the battle. And yes, Superman is not allowed to fly or use any long range attacks such as his heat vision and breath.
we read it, it just doesnt matter my friend.

armandovalles
Yea it does it proves that he can take alot more damage than you u people think and that Supes wouldnt be able to knock him out that quick.

King KAM
ofcvourse he can, since bloodlust is on.

masterbruce
well if you take away his flight and long range, he still has super speed

so assuming he actually uses it, he's more than a match for Hulk or Thing

but whats the point of having superman in a fight if you're gonna take away his attributes?

golem370
The Hulk hit Quicksilver when he tried to run at Hulk and I don't think Superman is much faster then him as in running. The Thing took a flying shot by Gladiator and then got thrown to the top of the Baxter Building. Then Gladiator flew up there Thing was damaged bad but was able to knock Gladiator out of the building. Then was toss all the way to the ground and had a Bus smashed on top of him. At that point after all that he's out for a few minutes. But he woke up punched the bus of him then started to fight what he though was Colossus like he was new

superman302
Originally posted by golem370
The Hulk hit Quicksilver when he tried to run at Hulk and I don't think Superman is much faster then him as in running. The Thing took a flying shot by Gladiator and then got thrown to the top of the Baxter Building. Then Gladiator flew up there Thing was damaged bad but was able to knock Gladiator out of the building. Then was toss all the way to the ground and had a Bus smashed on top of him. At that point after all that he's out for a few minutes. But he woke up punched the bus of him then started to fight what he though was Colossus like he was new

lol are you seriouse? superman is thousands of time faster then quicksilver, your comparing the speed of light to the speed of sound.

snoopdogg
Two "Thor-buster" punches should end this fight.

One for Thing and one for Hulk.

MatchesMalone

OK, the thing took a flying shot by Gladiator and it really messed him up. He did recover, but consider this. What if Gladiator followed up that hit with a second punch? Or a third? What if Gladiator was absolutely intent on destroying Thing with a barrage of punches?

MatchesMalone

I see what you are going for and I am going to help you out. Take away all of Superman's powers except for strength and durability.

He could still beat Thing, but not Hulk. Without speed he can not take out Hulk quickly. If he can't do that, Hulk will grow too strong for him.

So, if he can't be Hulk, then he can't beat Hulk and Thing.

Trust me, take my advice and this thread will go your way.

long pig
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Two "Thor-buster" punches should end this fight.

One for Thing and one for Hulk.
laughing

That was brilliant.

Betageuze
together .... Hulk AND thing have a good chance to beat the hell out of Superman smile

broly112
Hulk and Thing would play volleyball wit supab!tch.......WITH THEIR FISTS! laughing laughing laughing

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by broly112
Hulk and Thing would play volleyball wit supab!tch.......WITH THEIR FISTS! laughing laughing laughing

If you take away his speed, flight, heat vision, freeze breath etc etc.... then yeah...

If it's just his heat vision and freeze breath you're taking away... Thing and Hulk get pulverised...

Wickerman
Shedding some light on the subject at hand......both thing and Hulk would most likely lose. As for Hulk getting "too strong" for Superman, a lot of people get Superman and Juggernaut mixed up. Juggernaut has limited strength. Superman is JUST LIKE Hulk, immeasurable strength.

And Armando.....it's really starting to get disturbing......need i remind you this little jewel? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t365880.html

You're really getting desperate to see Thing win again Superman eh?

~wickerman~

spetznaz
Alright, i think this would be a very close battle. And dont say the Thing would go down quick cuz he was smacked around by Superman when he had the power cosmic and he still got up unharmed even tho he got sent flying thru like 5 skyscrapers. So:

The Ever Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing

and

The Savage Hulk

VS

Post Crisis Superman

WHO WINS?

The whole Superman vs Hulk thread needs to have some light shed on it (sorry, but the Thing doesn't belong in this fight ....if he wants to play he needs to go find Colossus or something). Hence, going back to Supes vs Hulk, several things need to be considered.
For one, they are both powerhouses with vast stores of physical strength. Strength wise it could be said that post-crisis Supes and normal Hulk more or less balance each other.
The factor that needs to be considered though is that while the Hulk is a linear character (basically his forte is strength and fists), Superman has a myriad of powers on top of his strength.
Supes can move at a fraction of the speed of light (which is ridiculously fast), produce gale force winds, he can fly, he can flash-freeze opponents to zero kelvin, he has heat vision, and has a host of senses that can help him in battle (eg the ability to catch a bullet allows one to dodge blows).
The Hulk has Superman's strength, more or less, but that's it. The only other power the Hulk has is an immunity to poisons (as does Supes), a healing factor, and the ability to instintively return to the spot where the gamma radiation turned him into the Hulk.
Now, you have 2 opponents who, strengthwise, are arguably neck to neck. Well, Supes does start with a higher strength level than the Hulk, but the Hulk has the gift of increasing his strength levels with rage hence equalling that. Oh, and should the Hulk get too strong then all Superman needs to do is fly to the sun and garner extra strength, as he did when he destroyed Darkseid and flew him to the wall of time.
Anyways, strengthwise the two are arguably equal.
However one of them has powers that the other has no answer for. Goodness, Superman yby himself can be termed as follows.
Supes is:
The Hulk: since he has, more or less, the same strength.
+
The Juggernaut/Unus the Untouchable: Since Superman has his impenetrable aura, much like Juggs mystical field, or Unus the Untouchable's shield.
+
Flash/Quicksilver: Actually more like the Flash, since the upper limit of QS is at mach level (speed of sound). Superman, like the Flash, can approach the speed of light and is thus easily multitudes of times faster than QS. The Hulk, for comparison, can move at around 300 miles an hour. Even QuickSilver can move faster, several times faster, than that!
+
Cyclops: Superman has heat vision.
+
Iceman: Superman can flash-freeze stuff with the best of them
+
Storm: At least when it comes to wind generation powers, Superman can come pretty close. Maybe not a hurricane (at least Post Crisis Supes), but definitely a significant gale force wind.
+
Angel: Superman can fly, just as Angel can ....however Supes can do it at speeds that would rip every single feather, be it metallic or biological, off Angel's wings. Angel couldn't even see Superman if Supes went anywhere NEAR his top speed!

Now, wrap all of that in Kryptonian physiology, and add strength levels to those of the Hulk.

I've never understood why people keep bringing Hulk vs Superman debates. I understand why the idea comes up ....after all in the worlds of Marvel and Dc the two are analogous .....at least to a certain degree (although a better match for Superman in Marvel would be Gladiator, in which case Gladiator would win since he is stronger than Supes .....unless we are talking about Pre-Crisis Superman who would thrash Glad). Anyways, I understand why the Hulk is constantly compared to Superman, but in all honesty the two are not in the same league.
The Hulk is simply too linear, while Superman would only need a power ring and psychic powers to totally replace any need for the JLA!

Now, there are Hulk variants that, no matter how linear they may be, would cause post-crisis Superman a world of hurt. Some of the uber-Hulk versions, eg Savage Hulk, would be murder for Post-Crisis Supes.
However that would be tantamount to matching ANY HULK against PRe-Crisis Superman .....Pre-C Supes would literally destroy them.

Thus, matching normal Hulk versus normal (post crisis) Superman would be the appropriate match, and in that match superman would always win unless some fishy writing took place. The Hulk is simply put too linear, and the Man of Steel too omnidimensional.
Superman wins.

p.s: As for the Thing ....well, how do I say this. Remember that comic that had a punch from the Hulk shattering the rock face of the Thing? Well, the same thing would happen here. The Thing, again, needs to go look for someone along the lines of Colossus to tangle with ....and even then the Thing would be in for a workout.

spetznaz
The Hulk hit Quicksilver when he tried to run at Hulk and I don't think Superman is much faster then him as in running.

Well, for one the max speed of QuickSilver used to be just below Mach 1 (the speed of sound, and thus just below supersonic speed). After the High Evolutionary got a hold of him, QS's speed got amped to around mach 10. That is hypersonic speed, and is pretty fast.
Ok, now let's have a look at Superman.
Depending on what DC take you use, he can go between 1% of the speed of light to just under the speed of light.
Let us take the lower range ....1% the speed of light.
That is 2,997,924.58 meters / second.
Ok,
let's have a look at Quick Silver again.
If we take the prior speed of Mach 1, and turn it into meters per second, it is 340.3 meters /second.
What about the upper limit of Quick Silver? In meters per second it is
3 402.9 meters / second.

Ok, let's recap!
If we take the lower speed max for Superman (at 1% light speed) ...note, the lowest ....it comes to almost 3 million meters per second.
If we take the HIGHEST speed max for Quicksilver (at Mach 10), it comes to 3,403 meters per second.
3 million versus 3 thousand.

Conclusion: Quicksilver wouldn't even see Superman.
To quote what Flash said to Quicksilver during the DC vs Marvel cross over :
Flash to Quicksilver: You are fast! In YOUR universe you may even be the fastest man alive. However even the fastest car is like a snail next to a SST.

Same thing here ....Quicksilver is not even close to Superman speeds.

broly112
if hulk gets a hold a superman he's dead...as for the thing go hide somewhere

Wickerman
Originally posted by broly112
if hulk gets a hold a superman he's dead...as for the thing go hide somewhere

If Hulk gets a hold of Superman i agree, he's dead. Hulk i mean. laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Wickerman
Shedding some light on the subject at hand......both thing and Hulk would most likely lose. As for Hulk getting "too strong" for Superman, a lot of people get Superman and Juggernaut mixed up. Juggernaut has limited strength. Superman is JUST LIKE Hulk, immeasurable strength.

And Armando.....it's really starting to get disturbing......need i remind you this little jewel? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t365880.html

~wickerman~ You smoking, thing does this alone!!! stick out tongue

roughrider
Originally posted by Wickerman

~wickerman~

Yeah, he's right - that previous thread backfired; it was hilarious! laughing out loud
Take away the flight and any long range attacks makes this a bit closer, yes, but doesn't change anything. Superman will win, and it will take a long brawl with the Hulk to finish it, because Benjy goes out like a light early...sorry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.