Movie filming locations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jeffkoon
Hey guys,

I am currently researching movie filming locations from all over the country, and will hopefully have a very detailed list soon. I am trying to focus more on locations outside of New York and Hollywood, as there are already multiple projects on those. Also, I am looking into other unique restaurants, events, and other attractions in these out-of-the-way places. If any of you movie buffs have any information, please reply and I will make sure to add it to the database. Thanks in advance!

-Jeff Koon

Mandorallen
Well, just about any place can be used for filming. like a local diner for exaple. Tarintino didn't care to Look everywhere for a good diner, he just picked one and went with it in "reservoir dogs" and "pulp fiction".
May I ask what your profession is? is there a particular reason you are looking for good filming locations? or are you just using it as an FYI?
but their are a food good places I'd suggest other cities, such as St. louis or Detroit, some great filming spots. but it all depends on Genre, for example: Peter Jackson directed "the lord of the rings" in new zealand. So it really all depends. try and explain a little better on why you would like to know, and what kinds of places you are looking for.

edit: thread in wrong spot?

-Mando

botankus
They film a lot of stuff in Wilmington, NC, ala IKWYDLS, Dawson's Creek, and Cape Fear.

primetiva
yup testing

Andrew McLeod
Haha, i know they filmed Silent Hill in the town where I was raised and grew up...Brantford, Ontario. And they filmed Resident Evil 2 in Toronto and Hamilton (areas nearby). I like to believe my home is the center of the survival horror gaming movie adaptation universe. Haha

Canada's a popular place to film...cheaper than in the states.

exanda kane
Outside America, Pinewood Studios, Elstree Studios and Shpperton Studios. Some of the biggest films have used the soundstages there.

Also, Batman Begins was partly shot at an old fort near an old port called Tilbury, rather close to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.