Koter Computer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
i know this probably has been done before but still. Truth be told i have never played KOTER 1 or 2. How good do they work on the computer. I mean are there any bugs or stuff? i dont have an X-box so yea.

Darth_Glentract
You should buy them immediatly. They ran fine on mine, and mine is a two year old dell, so it's not exactly top of the line. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 graphics card, which is a whole level better than the rest of my components, and grapic cards seem to be one of the biggest problems with playing it.

Edit: It's spelled KOTOR.

SS_181st_Snow
KOTOR runs fine on my puter. I reccomend 512 Megabites of RAM, otherwise it'll run choppy in places, and even freeze on the Levithan, I can't get past the Levi because of that reason, so that's why I'm getting an XBox next year. Also, you'll need a good Graphix card. One I use myself, so I know works, is a nVidia GeForce fx 5200. The graphix are awesome. If you have anything better, then, that's better lol. But yeah. I dunno about KOTOR 2 tho, I don't have it. But yeah, 512 MB RAM is a must, which isn't a problem to get, it's only 80 bucks.

Darth_Glentract
Yes, you are going to need 512 ram. Do you have your system specs avaliable, I can tell you if is should work or not.

Darth Avis
where can i go to find out if i have a 512 RAM? it is my brothers computer so maybe he already installed it? where on my computer can i go? im not a computer wiz

Julie
it should run fine on a computer so long as your graphics card is good and your computer moves at a decent speed

Nactous
Hello all.

overlord
Originally posted by Nactous
Hello all.

C'mon.. You don't have to say "hello, all!" before you can post about your favorite subject..

Nactous
Okay, my bad.

Fishy
If you can get some specs, thats going to tell us enough...

Want to know your specs, press the right button on THIS COMPUTER, it says your processor speed and your RAM there. Then click the right mouse button on your desktop and go to Settings, the last tab. It says what Videocard you have there..

Just tell us that, it shoudl be enough.

Boris
You should be able to run Kotor I anyway, haven't played II myself, but I runs on my GeForce 2......

Deus Ex
Damn, Glentract, you have a slightly better graphics card then I do for a two year old computer. I'm running an ATI Radeon 9600, and Dantooine chews up my processing speed something nuts. (Which makes no sense because I can play virtually any current game with minimal problems.)

Darth_Glentract
They were going to make me wait another 5 weeks if I got a more standard graphics card. I saw that and was like "fuk no!" and got a better card, but it cost me like 400 bucks.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Fishy
If you can get some specs, thats going to tell us enough...

Want to know your specs, press the right button on THIS COMPUTER, it says your processor speed and your RAM there. Then click the right mouse button on your desktop and go to Settings, the last tab. It says what Videocard you have there..

Just tell us that, it shoudl be enough. please be very specific. my computer knowledge is .../................................ so pleas tell me exactly what to do.

Darth_Glentract
Click on the start button and then click on My Computer. To the top left it will say "View System Information". Click on that and then go to "GeneraL". There is will tell you the basic info.

Darth Avis
thank you. now to do that

Darth Avis
okay now do i paste that?

Deus Ex
Don't paste it. Write it down and then type it here.

Glentract, I think we're both horribly behind compared to the new video cards. They come out with a new one every week.

Darth Avis
got to go be back in a few hours

Darth Avis
i have 698 MHz and 384 MB of RAM

Darth_Glentract
I don't know if it will work. You might want to try to borrow a copy from a friend and then turn EVERY special effect off and it might work. Sorry dude.

For KOTOR 1

License: Movie
Number of Players: 1 Player
ESRB Descriptors: Violence
Difficulty: Medium
Learning Curve: About a half hour
Stability: Major Problems
DirectX Version: v9.0
Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP

Minimum System Requirements
System: 1 GHz CPU or equivalent
RAM: 128 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 4X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 32 MB VRAM
Hard Drive Space: 4000 MB
DirectX: DirectX v9.0

Recommended System Requirements
System: 1.6 GHz CPU or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB RAM
Video Memory: 128 MB VRAM
3D Sound Card: Yes

Darth Avis
where do i go to find all that (very sorry to bother you) going to watch prisonbreak now

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Darth Avis
i have 698 MHz and 384 MB of RAM

Damn.

You can't play it, I'm sure.

Darth Avis
KOTOR 2?

Darth_Glentract
I don't know. If you knew a little more about computers, you could-over clock it. You MIGHT be able to put a gig out of it. MIGHT. The memory would serve, but you would have very frquent slowdowns and it would probably crash a lot from over-heated software. A new grapics card will almost certainly be necessary.

Janus, I(until I got this one, two years ago) had an ANCIENT HP. It only ran at 300 Mh. It had an eight gig drive, and two meg of memory with intergrated grapics. NO COOLING! Not even any vents, but it still never has crashed or had any data loss. I was also able to play games over double what the minimum requirements said. I played some game(don't remember which) that said it needed 700 mh minimum to play and 64 mg, but I ran it on my craputer(my name for that PC). I also left it running for over a year straight with NO cooling and it worked fine.

Sooooo, like I said Avis, borrow it from a friend, try it. DO NOT buy it until you know for sure it will work. My craputer is a work of God or something, no garuntee your computer will do that.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Avis
KOTOR 2?

Sorry. You need a better processor for sure.

License: Movie
Number of Players: 1 Player
ESRB Descriptors: Violence, Blood
Difficulty: Medium
Learning Curve: About a half hour
Stability: Minor Problems

Minimum System Requirements
System: Pentium III/Athlon class 1 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 4X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 32 MB VRAM
Other: DirectX 9.0c compatible computer

Recommended System Requirements
System: Pentium III/Athlon class 1.6 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB RAM
CD-ROM: 16X CD-ROM
Video Memory: 128 MB VRAM

Darth Avis
k i'll try

Darth_Glentract
If youy can over-clock your PC, you might get off. What is your memory card and PC brand?

Deus Ex
Overclocking is a bit risky. I wouldn't advise he do that. He obviously didn't even know how to check his specs.

Darth Avis
my brother can tell me how. he's very good with a computer. i have a microsoft windows XP. what is over-clocking?

Fishy
First thins first buy a new computer, nobody is going to overclock their pc with 50% and still see it a day later...

Second of all, get advice from an expert and demand the best of the best.. Buy a new one three years later.

Darth_Glentract
Fishy, my HP I had over-clocked at about forty percent for a year and it worked fine. I don't know how, but it did.

Like Fishy said, you should probably get a new computer. There probably will never be another game made that it can play.

Fishy
40% your PC is insane.. Absolutely insane, I wouldn't even try something like that again with a different PC.. Most just burn down.

SS_181st_Snow
Your best bet is to do what I'm doin'. Save up your money for an XBox, and buy KOTORs one and 2 for that. It's cheaper in the long run.

Fishy
The only problem is you will have an X-box... Which sucks, the second problem is the only games worth playing will be Kotor 1 and 2 because all the new games will be released for 360 and X-boxes will suck compared to anything else in less then a year.

So really spending even a 100 dollars on an X-box right now is a waste of money, especially if its going to be your primary gaming system, it just won't cut it in six months. It will be worthless absolute and you will be begging for something new and better.

SS_181st_Snow
Actually, I like to stay behind a bit in the systems. There's nothing that's exciting me about the 360, so why bother. And there are some other games for xbox that look rather interesting to me. But we all have our own opinions, so I won't fight you 'bout it.

Fishy
Well okay if you don't mind thats your choice... I just like to be able to play the newer stuff right away.

Deus Ex
Well, for someone who doesn't have the money to try it, you have to just tough it out, plain and simple.

But don't overclock your processor unless you have a professional on call. If it fries, you're short a computer, and one game is NOT worth that.

SS_181st_Snow
'Scuse me, but what exactly IS overclocking? I assume it's kinda like trying to strecth a pennie?

Deus Ex
Basically it's making your CPU do more work then it can do at a safe minimum. A bad choice in overclocking can melt your comp.

Sesse
lol guys.

It's been made run on 256 mb sdr(100mhz) and gf 4 so ANY comp will run it.

Tru_Slice
KOTOR will run perfectly on a 1.8Ghz computer with a minimum graphics card equivalent of an ATI 9200 (which runs around $80, so if you don't have one, buy one; they're worth it.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.