Odin vs. Sun Wu Kong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khaghan
The God of Norse in full power with the chaos creating been of the universe. Who wins.

supremthor
Sun Wu Kong????????????????????????

Khaghan
He is the monkey king.

masterbruce
hmmm let's see, King of chimps versus King of Asgardian Gods

tough choice, I think it can go either way

Khaghan
He is not a chimp, he is a Husun, a breed of monkey but born from a stone. In another word, this being is the direct offspring of God and earth.
I think he has a slight edge, assuming his power and physical ability is roughly equal to Odin on the cosmic scale(he could put out suns with ease, which should be as powerful as Odin's God force), he is more indestructible(literally, he is not under the control of death and his body is immue to all forms if cosmic powers, none could even nudge a hair on his body) and transforming(if Zeus can manhandle his father, Odin is also vulnerable, but in the Great sage equal to heaven's case, he would simply regrown them.

EvilCap America
Well the Monkey King DID trash basically ALL the Chinese gods ALL at the same time hes pretty wildly powerful and ill give the nod to him

Khaghan
He didn't defeat all at once, he WAS brought down, but heaven can't do anything to it. The universe of the celestial emperor used every form of cosmic force, none of them managed to even damage a single atom on his skin, he just laughed and called the ruler of the universe an old boy.

Khellendros
Well, if it's in Asgard, Sun could give Odin a good fight and annoy the hell out of him, but eventually would just be vanished. It's easier getting into the Chinese myth version of Heaven than it is Asgard. On neutral ground, it's a good fight again, but eventually Odin would jsut get really pissed and come down on monkey with the full force of his powers, likely trapping him somewhere again.

Khaghan
It makes sense when we apply gods with forms and human characteristics. HOWEVER, MU is clearly Euro centric, the writer has little understanding of hinduism and eastern religions which rarely or never appeared since their gods are far above the level of Greek and Norse mythology.(they have no forms).

For example, real Vishnu has no form, he only chooses to make one for himself. Vishnu is part of Brahma, which you can call the God. Similarily, the MU's concept of God seems to be similar to the Daoit version of Dao, which is just concept. In the Daoist scripture, it is stated that the Dao created all, including heaven and earth realms. Heaven became the judge of all. Which you can say that the living tribunal is "heaven". As far as I can see it, advanced religions depict their Gods as formless and mysterious. Since its infinite you can't comprehend them. So religions that has interpreted these include Hinduism, Daoism, Buddhism, and some sects of Judeo Chritian which belief God as a concept then an entity.

I would really like to know how Odin could trap the Monkey king. Odin's force wouldn't even butdge a single hair on Sun Wu Kong. He would just stand there laughing. All the cosmic forces in existence has been applied, Sun Wu Kong is indestructible. His body is refined to the degree that it can't be destroyed by any force in existence except for the Fire of Samadhi, which is in another word, the weapon of God itself.
Even the Living tribunal would not have destroyed him, even though he could probably overpower WuKong without problem.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Khaghan
I would really like to know how Odin could trap the Monkey king.
Buddha did it.

Khaghan
odin is nothing compared to buddha. He is more on the level with a celestial god.
Buddha is greater than any beeen in MU. He is one with the universe. "God" itself.

Khellendros
odin is nothing compared to buddha. He is more on the level with a celestial god.
Buddha is greater than any beeen in MU. He is one with the universe. "God" itself.
Riiiiight. I saw nothing impressive when he took on Sun, just some nifty tricks.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Khellendros
Riiiiight. I saw nothing impressive when he took on Sun, just some nifty tricks.

Its a matter of writing really.In his 2nd big fight with the Chinese gods Budda was basically the Dues ex Machina/Living Tribunal/Bat-Anti Monkey King spray/etc inserted into the story to stop him not as just another god with neat tricks

The way he was written nothing less than the allmighty budda was able to stop him and even then he still got to pee on him before it was over smile

Pardon my fanboyness btw i happened to have been born in the year of the Monkey so im a big fan of his work

Khellendros
Originally posted by EvilCap America
The way he was written nothing less than the allmighty budda was able to stop him and even then he still got to pee on him before it was over smile
That's just it. What all did he do that was so impressive? He tricked the monkey into thinking his hand was the universe, and then shoved him under a mountain. Nothing Odin couldn't duplicate.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Khellendros
That's just it. What all did he do that was so impressive? He tricked the monkey into thinking his hand was the universe, and then shoved him under a mountain. Nothing Odin couldn't duplicate.

I dont think thats what they were gong for there.It wasent a dinky illusion it was Budda showing what was supposed to be unmatchable power in a whole "One with the universe" kinda way it just wasent as impressive as blowing up a galaxy or such.Like i said it was a Duex ex Machina solution with something Allmighty thrown in there when every other god was spanked soundly

Go monkey go :Happy Dance:

Whirlysplatt
King Monkey - he was born from an egg on a mountain topsmile

Khaghan
"Riiiiight. I saw nothing impressive when he took on Sun, just some nifty tricks."

One single hand that can trap one of the mightiest beings in the universe?
Now, let me ask you, what has the marvel "God" shown to be so impressive?

"That's just it. What all did he do that was so impressive? He tricked the monkey into thinking his hand was the universe, and then shoved him under a mountain. "

No, it showed that Buddha's boundless power of Dharma. He could create a reality which nothing can escape. One sumersault of the monkey in space can carry him across the whole galaxy. By doing nothing, the Buddha easily created a reality that stretch across the universe. Its not a trick is a virtual reality.

"Nothing Odin couldn't duplicate."

Buddhist teaching are alot deeper than Norse mythology. In fact its the most scientific religion and Enstein himself said Buddhism is the only religion capable of keeping up with modern science.
The Monkey can do everything Odin can, and alot that he can't do. I had the misconception that Odin's power strech across the universe when I made this thread, when I actually realized how weak he is. The monkey took on over 100,000 gods all at once and won. Each of these gods have powers over an astral body or a star. The four devas, thunder gods, fire gods, and the high deva heavenly King Li(which probably himself equal the power of Zeus or Odin) combined to fight Sun Wu Kong and lost. And the celestial heavenly emperor is really the equivalent of Living tribunal. He could do nothing to the monkey. (Nothing), If a living tribunal type of entity could do nothing, what in the world can Odin do? The Monkey would take Odin by the beard, hold him still cut it off. And rip off both his arms, then mutilate him and make him mortal.

Khellendros
One single hand that can trap one of the mightiest beings in the universe?
Now, let me ask you, what has the marvel "God" shown to be so impressive?
How about holding a Skyfather level Death God in an energy form in two hands and banishing him? That work for you?

No, it showed that Buddha's boundless power of Dharma.
Uh huh. You say Dharma, I say illusions tricking a stupid monkey.

When Odin starts getting pissed, the side effects have widespread cosmic effects. Here he is versus Seth.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7209/odinseth40xl8oq.th.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2720/odinseth53iq8lh.th.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9537/odinsethuniverse8gm7op.th.jpg

Khaghan
"How about holding a Skyfather level Death God in an energy form in two hands and banishing him? That work for you?
"

No more impressive from What the Buddha did to Sun Wu Kong roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Uh huh. You say Dharma, I say illusions tricking a stupid monkey."

You are not the author, Wu Chen En states its infinite, so it is. Because he made the book.

"When Odin starts getting pissed, the side effects have widespread cosmic effects. Here he is versus Seth."

The fact is, the Monkey king took on all the stars of the universe, Galaxy busting is puny in comparason, Buddha's hand can cover the whole universe. Odin, Zeus, included.

Khaghan
"How about holding a Skyfather level Death God in an energy form in two hands and banishing him? That work for you? "

Actually thats far from impressive, he used both arms. While buddha's single palm trapped a Galactus level indestrutible entity effortlessly, he chose to spare the monkey out of compassion.

Khaghan
And I didn't ask you about Odin, I just asked you about the Marvel allmighty. Lets see, LT for instance, what has he done thats so impressive other than snap his finger and judge.(some other cosmic power which is hardly impressive)
Because the Buddha could do the same damn thing. He is one with the universe, like Thanos was at the end. There is no bound to the Dharma power, its infinite.

King Kandy
...Shadow Bump...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.