Should it be a rule that we can only use"High End Feats"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
I think we should only count the highest end character feats here, it would slow down the petty arguing over really low showings from certain characters i.e flash/superman/WW/spiderman....basically all comic characters.

It'll make threads a lot more easier to debate in, if someone wants to be a smartass and mention how Superman lost to jimmy olsen once, or GL losing to Slade we can just say it doesn't count because it's a low end feat.

Of course, some character's will raise from streetlevel to high streetlevel, but so what? Every character's power will have to raise too.

CBRF "VS Forum" only uses high end feats, and their threads are usually way more streamlined.

I say it should be made a rule that only high end feats are counted in arguments and low end feats are discounted, unless the high end feats fall into the C.I.S or P.I.S or SMvFL category. It's a smart move and will keep people from bickering and flaming.

Khellendros
No. No way. Hell no. F*CK no.

The way they do that is bullsh*t. It just give you the opportunity to giver your favorite character a verbal handjob at the expense of actual debating. I don't mind certain things being ignored because of PIS/CIS, but ALLL characters have thier good and bad days. One uber moment does not sweep all those retarded ones under the rug thankyou very much.

It's already meant to be assumed on this forum that all fighters come into this at their most intelligent and effective. That should be enough.

long pig
It puts high feats vs other high feats.

If one characters high feats aren't as high, they lose. Where is the problem there?

All characters have their bad days, but that makes it impossible to judge a fight if you allow the bad days to temper their power.

If you only count the good things, then you can't lose. It's a win win situation.

King KAM
then wed have everyone talkin bout how the hulk lifts 150billion tons.....

Khellendros
Originally posted by long pig
If you only count the good things, then you can't lose. It's a win win situation.
Man... there's just something so wrong about that sentence.

King KAM
Originally posted by Khellendros
Man... there's just something so wrong about that sentence.
i hear ya man.....i hear ya.

Khellendros
Originally posted by King KAM
then wed have everyone talkin bout how the hulk lifts 150billion tons.....
EXACTLY. Could not have said it better. There HAS to be some kind of average. I don't mind cutting out the really REALLY retarded scenes like Firelord getting owned by Spidey, but saying the Rhino is badass because he did well against the Hulk is dumb, because it's in his nature to get made a fool of by Spidey, and even be tricked by the likes of Deadpool.

King KAM
EXACTLY. Could not have said it better. There HAS to be some kind of average. I don't mind cutting out the really REALLY retarded scenes like Firelord getting owned by Spidey, but saying the Rhino is badass because he did well against the Hulk is dumb, because it's in his nature to get made a fool of by Spidey, and even be tricked by the likes of Deadpool.
eXACTLY, letsjust keep it real, wewont use the lowest showings, but lets keep it at an average...

yahman
I think we should only count the highest end character feats here, it would slow down the petty arguing over really low showings from certain characters i.e flash/superman/WW/spiderman....basically all comic characters.

It'll make threads a lot more easier to debate in, if someone wants to be a smartass and mention how Superman lost to jimmy olsen once, or GL losing to Slade we can just say it doesn't count because it's a low end feat.

Of course, some character's will raise from streetlevel to high streetlevel, but so what? Every character's power will have to raise too.

CBRF "VS Forum" only uses high end feats, and their threads are usually way more streamlined.

I say it should be made a rule that only high end feats are counted in arguments and low end feats are discounted, unless the high end feats fall into the C.I.S or P.I.S or SMvFL category. It's a smart move and will keep people from bickering and flaming.

Yeah...... how would someone like Juggernaut compete. shifty

It also addresses a point, my good friend Whirly devoted a thread to......

'Is debating all about winning ? '

smile

chilled monkey
No. No way. Hell no. F*CK no.

The way they do that is bullsh*t. It just give you the opportunity to giver your favorite character a verbal handjob at the expense of actual debating. I don't mind certain things being ignored because of PIS/CIS, but ALLL characters have thier good and bad days. One uber moment does not sweep all those retarded ones under the rug thankyou very much.

It's already meant to be assumed on this forum that all fighters come into this at their most intelligent and effective. That should be enough.

You said it.

To have a real debate you have to look at the whole picture, good moments and bad.

High End Feats only is a bad idea.

yahman
Originally posted by chilled monkey
You said it.

To have a real debate you have to look at the whole picture, good moments and bad.

High End Feats only is a bad idea.

Indeed. smile

"It also addresses a point, my good friend Whirly devoted a thread to......

'Is debating all about winning ? ' "

GalacticStorm
Clone roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Clone roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Pedo !!!!!!!!!!! big grin

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by yahman
Pedo !!!!!!!!!!! big grin

confused

GalacticStorm
You've got the mannerisms down to a "T" smile the humour needs a bit of work though. sad How very odd. confused

yahman
You've got the mannerisms down to a "T" smile the humour needs a bit of work though. sad How very odd. confused

I was refering to your 'helpful hand' that you have offered me on various ocassions. smile

Don't you not have work or something ?

GalacticStorm
I was refering to your 'helpful hand' that you have offered me on various ocassions. smile

Don't you not have work or something ?

Ohhhhhhh i get ya. Your joke was just based on an obscure comment of mine so i didnt catch on. wink

Either way you still need help stick out tongue

Also we're around the same age. big grin

Hard to believe when you compare post quality isnt it? eek!

masterbruce
How about eliminating the lowest feats and the highest feats, that way we get the character as he usually is

therefore no including Gladiator can crush a star or firelord gets beaten by spiderman

cuz I hate it when people claim that Flash will just beat everyone when he practically never does it in the comics

I mean if Flash could really stop time or even travel in time, why doesn't he just eliminate or capture every villain, it would literally be a blink of an eye to everyone else

yahman
Ohhhhhhh i get ya. Your joke was just based on an obscure comment of mine so i didnt catch on. wink

Either way you still need help stick out tongue

Also we're around the same age. big grin

Hard to believe when you compare post quality isnt it? eek!

I disagree big grin

smile smile smile

yahman
I disagree ..... son/newbie/old mann big grin

smile smile smile

GalacticStorm
I disagree big grin

smile smile smile

You would. roll eyes (sarcastic) but as is ever the case you'd be very wrong. eek!

yahman
I have an idea for a thread which i'll think you'll enjoy tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile smile smile smile

Tha C-Master

I say it should be made a rule that only high end feats are counted in arguments and low end feats are discounted, unless the high end feats fall into the C.I.S or P.I.S or SMvFL category. It's a smart move and will keep people from bickering and flaming. god no please no, thats the reason the forum is like it is.
Now cis is included and is just character.

I say the biggest high enders are FF, supes, and wolverine.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by masterbruce
How about eliminating the lowest feats and the highest feats, that way we get the character as he usually is

therefore no including Gladiator can crush a star or firelord gets beaten by spiderman

cuz I hate it when people claim that Flash will just beat everyone when he practically never does it in the comics

I mean if Flash could really stop time or even travel in time, why doesn't he just eliminate or capture every villain, it would literally be a blink of an eye to everyone else plot devices people, if spiderman or batman beat someone THAT powerful it was a plot device, and doesn't follow the rules for the matchup anyways.

I think the rules are fine, besides prep.

People just need to read and apply the rules.

olympian
No. Only high end feats doesnt work. Every character have low showings that get into theyr average. Thats something that needs to be taken into account.

Otherwise who would lose of the top tier and above?

TOUGHUS GUYSUS
its a reasonable idea. after all it cuts through the inconsistancies. i like it

TOUGHUS GUYSUS
therefore its now law

leonidas
<<How about eliminating the lowest feats and the highest feats, that way we get the character as he usually is
I mean if Flash could really stop time or even travel in time, why doesn't he just eliminate or capture every villain, it would literally be a blink of an eye to everyone else>>

ahhhh, a debater after my own heart. i've always tried to eliminate BOTH ends of the spectrum. the average is what gives the best indication of a character and weeds out the pis in BOTH high and low ends. imho it's the only way to go.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.