Speed Demon vs Quicksilver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Alright, neither one of these guys are even competition for the Flash it seems since Flash can now run at light speeds or whatnot. So who's faster?

James Sanders, SPEED DEMON, has boasted to be able to break the speed of sound on one leg, is now a member of the New Thunderbolts.

VS

Pietro Maximoff, QUICKSILVER, formerly a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, the son of Magneto has also been an Avenger.

Who's faster and who would win in a fight?

Metalmanx
I don't honestly know how fast Speed Demon is.

Though, it shouldn't matter.

Quicksilver is at Mach 10 now. SD isn't touching him.

QS actually is the fastest mutant in Marvel. Note how I didn't say the fastest character, being there's Gladiator and Silver Surfer.

Though, I'd go so far as to say that Quicksilver is the fastest character ON LAND (no flying).

snoopdogg
Northstar has some wheels also.....................

Metalmanx
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Northstar has some wheels also.....................

That he does, but I'd still say QS is a good deal faster.

snoopdogg
Marvel really hasnt stated who is the fastest.

I wonder who has the greater speed feats?

Quicksilver? Northstar? Speed Demon?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Marvel really hasnt stated who is the fastest.

I wonder who has the greater speed feats?

Quicksilver? Northstar? Speed Demon?

I'd still have to give it to QS. Especially since he has more appearances overall.

King_Mungi
Northstar and Aurora are the fastest...well Northstar now, since her operation.

"It was once theoretically possible for her to reach 99% of the speed of light (286,272 miles per second in a vacuum), although she never traveled at anywhere near that speed since if she did, she would wreak great damage upon herself end her environment. Dr. Langkowski's actions in molecularly restructuring Aurora's body greatly reduced the potential limits of her speed. She now can move at speeds roughly up to the speed of sound (about 770 miles per hour at sea level) . This reduction has made little difference in the use of her powers over short distances, since she can still move faster than the human eye can follow."

Northstar is still capable of this, and who knows what other upgrades he got from the Hand. Rumor say that 616 Aurora will be returning to her full potential soon and with all her new abilities from the operation as well.

roughrider
Pietro Maximoff is a mutant who can think and move at superhuman speeds; his entire body is adapted to the rigors of life in the fast lane. Quicksilver's powers of acceleration make possible any number of feats: He has dodged machinegun fire, created cyclone-like gusts of wind, sprinted up the sides of buildings and run across bodies of water. Since his abilities were fully awakened by the High Evolutionary's Isotope E, he no longer knows the upper limits of speed.

Latest from Marvel.com No longer knows upper limits? Sounds like he's higher than Mach 10.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by roughrider
Pietro Maximoff is a mutant who can think and move at superhuman speeds; his entire body is adapted to the rigors of life in the fast lane. Quicksilver's powers of acceleration make possible any number of feats: He has dodged machinegun fire, created cyclone-like gusts of wind, sprinted up the sides of buildings and run across bodies of water.

That's the same for the twins.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Northstar and Aurora are the fastest...well Northstar now, since her operation.

"It was once theoretically possible for her to reach 99% of the speed of light (286,272 miles per second in a vacuum), although she never traveled at anywhere near that speed since if she did, she would wreak great damage upon herself end her environment. Dr. Langkowski's actions in molecularly restructuring Aurora's body greatly reduced the potential limits of her speed. She now can move at speeds roughly up to the speed of sound (about 770 miles per hour at sea level) . This reduction has made little difference in the use of her powers over short distances, since she can still move faster than the human eye can follow."

Northstar is still capable of this, and who knows what other upgrades he got from the Hand. Rumor say that 616 Aurora will be returning to her full potential soon and with all her new abilities from the operation as well.

I'm pretty good at keeping up with X-men and I don't ever recall anything like Aurora becoming so fast. I mean, I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't recall that at all. I was under the assumption, especially because of his upgrade, that Quicksilver is the fastest mutant on land. Even if it is only Mach 10, 3402.9 m/s is pretty freakin fast. Though I agree with roughrider. This is just an assumption. He has not yet found his true speed limit as of yet.

Besides, I'm 99% sure Aurora has to fly to move her fastest, doesn't she?

Metalmanx
That's the same for the twins.

Yea, but Quicksilver's name is so much cooler. stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I'm pretty good at keeping up with X-men and I don't ever recall anything like Aurora becoming so fast. I mean, I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't recall that at all. I was under the assumption, especially because of his upgrade, that Quicksilver is the fastest mutant on land. Even if it is only Mach 10, 3402.9 m/s is pretty freakin fast. Though I agree with roughrider. This is just an assumption. He has not yet found his true speed limit as of yet.

Besides, I'm 99% sure Aurora has to fly to move her fastest, doesn't she?

Aurora and Northstar majorly started in Alpha Flight rather than X-Men. So that's where you saw most of their major feats, for example not many were happy that Northstar beat Storm . The whole Aurora operation occured in Alpha Flight and that is when Sasquatch made the comment about 99% of light speed (Alpha Flight vol.1 #19, 1984).

When you say your 99% and then ask if it's true I don't think your 99% surebig grin . Also naaa it really doesn't matter this is her powers in a nutshell

"Aurora is a mutant who possesses the ability to propel her body at superhuman speed, becoming a living projectile. Through an act of concentration, Aurora can channel a portion of the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in her body's molecules in a single direction. This can accelerate her body in a velocity in direct proportion to the amount of kinetic energy she has tapped"

In the X-Men/Alpha Flight crossover-Northstar ran on the ground and snatched Guardian from the fight. Also in Ultimate X-Men that's all he does is run really quick on the ground.

I never liked him, but I thought his sister was great.

Edit: If you reply and you don't hear back from me for a couple days; the reason is, I will be on a field trip with my college course. Sorry for the grammer with the post, I'm sort of in a rush

Metalmanx
Aurora and Northstar majorly started in Alpha Flight rather than X-Men. So that's where you saw most of their major feats, for example not many were happy that Northstar beat Storm . The whole Aurora operation occured in Alpha Flight and that is when Sasquatch made the comment about 99% of light speed (Alpha Flight vol.1 #19, 1984).

When you say your 99% and then ask if it's true I don't think your 99% surebig grin . Also naaa it really doesn't matter this is her powers in a nutshell

"Aurora is a mutant who possesses the ability to propel her body at superhuman speed, becoming a living projectile. Through an act of concentration, Aurora can channel a portion of the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in her body's molecules in a single direction. This can accelerate her body in a velocity in direct proportion to the amount of kinetic energy she has tapped"

In the X-Men/Alpha Flight crossover-Northstar ran on the ground and snatched Guardian from the fight. Also in Ultimate X-Men that's all he does is run really quick on the ground.

I never liked him, but I thought his sister was great.

Edit: If you reply and you don't hear back from me for a couple days; the reason is, I will be on a field trip with my college course. Sorry for the grammer with the post, I'm sort of in a rush

Okay. I stand corrected, my friend. You have proven me wrong.

And yea, I've got that Uncanny X-men issue where Alpha Flight attacks and Northstar snatches Guardian and rams his head into a brick wall, right before leaving him 5 miles from the fight with his suit completely dismantled.

Northstar is pretty cool. I dunno if I agree with massive upgrade of Aurora, however. They were originally supposed to have the same powers. Powers that actually increased with their proximity to each other.

I still think in a fight Quicksilver would beat her. He's been trained with the X-men and Avengers. He's not as overly cocky as he used to be, too.

King_Mungi
Okay. I stand corrected, my friend. You have proven me wrong.

And yea, I've got that Uncanny X-men issue where Alpha Flight attacks and Northstar snatches Guardian and rams his head into a brick wall, right before leaving him 5 miles from the fight with his suit completely dismantled.

Northstar is pretty cool. I dunno if I agree with massive upgrade of Aurora, however. They were originally supposed to have the same powers. Powers that actually increased with their proximity to each other.

I still think in a fight Quicksilver would beat her. He's been trained with the X-men and Avengers. He's not as overly cocky as he used to be, too.

No worries

Great issue, I still need to pick that up. Read it, but don't have it

Actually, your mistake her operation caused her to slow down. Prior to the operation she possibly could go 99% of light speed. The tradeoff with the speed decrease is she has new powers. Northstar can still achieve 99% of light speed, and with the Hand upgrades seem to have boosted him with light abilities of his own.

I don't think so, they also have light powers (both now, they use to only be able to use it together) so that can blind Quicksilver and then they can finish him off. Besides they fly so that makes it harder for Pietro to catch up. Aurora and Northstar are trained in Department H, which is the Canadian CIA. So they are big shots in skill as well.

Metalmanx
No worries

Great issue, I still need to pick that up. Read it, but don't have it

Actually, your mistake her operation caused her to slow down. Prior to the operation she possibly could go 99% of light speed. The tradeoff with the speed decrease is she has new powers. Northstar can still achieve 99% of light speed, and with the Hand upgrades seem to have boosted him with light abilities of his own.

I don't think so, they also have light powers (both now, they use to only be able to use it together) so that can blind Quicksilver and then they can finish him off. Besides they fly so that makes it harder for Pietro to catch up. Aurora and Northstar are trained in Department H, which is the Canadian CIA. So they are big shots in skill as well.

Oh yes, I do agree. They are highly trained. I was never doubting that. I just believe Pietro to be quite well trained himself. Having been with the Brotherhood for a number of years, then training with the X-men and X-Factor, then training with the Avengers. I'm sure he's no pushover in the fight department.

And we truly don't know the extent of his speed anymore. He very could match them, I don't know. I just don't think he'd be caught off guard too easily, being completely adapted to all things speedy, I'm sure he could see them coming at least.

I agree though, the light would prove trouble for Pietro. But I believe he'd be pretty well trained (especially with the Avengers) to handle such distractions, being the team's speedster after all.

I dunno, that's just what i think.

His name is still better. stick out tongue

wannabe
In X-Men 113 ( June 2001) Magneto says that Northstar's powers resemble those of his son, though Pietro would be faster.
My list would be:
1. Quicksilver
2. Northstar
3. Speed Demon

armandovalles
I think it goes like this:

1) Speed Demon
2) Quicksilver
3) Northstar

You guys may disagree bvut read New Thunderbolts, he claimed to be able to hit the speed of sound on one leg! that means he can hop at the speed of sound! so if thats true, plus his feats such as running from Manhattan to North Jersey in one panel, i think Speed Demon's actually the fastest.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by armandovalles
I think it goes like this:

1) Speed Demon
2) Quicksilver
3) Northstar

You guys may disagree bvut read New Thunderbolts, he claimed to be able to hit the speed of sound on one leg! that means he can hop at the speed of sound! so if thats true, plus his feats such as running from Manhattan to North Jersey in one panel, i think Speed Demon's actually the fastest.

You don't think he was possibly just being a bit arrogant? Not even a bit? Hulk can't even hit the speed of sound with one leg, stick out tongue . I mean, cuz I'm always boasting about me being able to fly. Doesn't mean I can though.

No seriously Quicksilver is much faster than Speed Demon. He was just boasting.

Manhattan to North Jersey isn't really all that far either. QS could do it in a few seconds probably.

1) Quicksilver
2) Northstar/Aurora
3) Speed Demon

King_Mungi
Oh yes, I do agree. They are highly trained. I was never doubting that. I just believe Pietro to be quite well trained himself. Having been with the Brotherhood for a number of years, then training with the X-men and X-Factor, then training with the Avengers. I'm sure he's no pushover in the fight department.

And we truly don't know the extent of his speed anymore. He very could match them, I don't know. I just don't think he'd be caught off guard too easily, being completely adapted to all things speedy, I'm sure he could see them coming at least.

I agree though, the light would prove trouble for Pietro. But I believe he'd be pretty well trained (especially with the Avengers) to handle such distractions, being the team's speedster after all.

I dunno, that's just what i think.

His name is still better. stick out tongue

Well the thing is he is well trained, yet he still rushes into actions and is to hasty causing him to get into trouble. Even though he has a computer like mind he still makes foolish mistakes.

No I doubt he could match them.... now , their speed abilities are different than Pietro's. He is built for speed, yet they can mulipulate kinetic energy. It all depends on how fast Northstar wants to go, if he was written correctly he would beat him. However, he has lately not been used properly and a more popular character always wins.

Even if your well trained, one million (or half a million) candles being lighten (that's what they can do) will blind even the most skilled opponent. Also Alpha Flight use to deal with the Great Beasts and the Demom Queen and their insanely strong, and their the reigning speedsters for them, weapon X, and X-Men.

I'll give him that, I dislike Northstar but Aurora is cool.

For a guy who can go 99% of light speed that makes him the fastest
1) Northstar
2) Quicksilver
3) Speed Demon

You guys need to pick up the old Alpha Flight series to actually see their feats.

King KAM
what about meanstreak???

King_Mungi
Originally posted by King KAM
what about meanstreak???

Good call, he is definetly light speed capable yet he hasn't tried it

King KAM
i miss the x-men 2099, they had some pretty colll characters, i still like Xian, he had potential....

King_Mungi
Originally posted by King KAM
i miss the x-men 2099, they had some pretty colll characters, i still like Xian, he had potential....

Bloodhawk had some moments, but yeah I liked the series. Junkpile was a ***** though.

King KAM
Technically Xi'an could kill Galactus, and that in itself is awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.