Next-Generation Controllers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Now that all three next-generation controllers have been revealed we can finally have a proper discussion about them. With the little information we have, let's give our opinions:

What do you like about the controller (s)

What do mt like about the controller (s)

What improvements would you recommend?

Which controller (based purely on cosmetic/superficial design) do you like best?

Which controller do you predict to be the most successful?

Which controller do you predict to be the most accessible/comfortable?

Discuss.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Draco69
Now that all three next-generation controllers have been revealed we can finally have a proper discussion about them. With the little information we have, let's give our opinions:

Which controller (based purely on cosmetic/superficial design) do you like best?

Discuss.

I like the look contours and style of all the controllers..

I dislike the size for the ps3, the design for the xbox and nintendo.

Nintendo takes the aesthetic battle, followed by PS3

Most likely playstation will have the most success IMO.

comfort, most likely ps, I can deal with the length at the ends, so its nothing I would cry over.

FeceMan
PS3 simply because I favor that system.

Nintendo Revolution controller looks retarded. And, if it is a success, I will bet Sony will releae peripherals that have a similar function.

snake_eyes616
Do you have a pic of the new Xbox controller? I havent seen it yet.

I hope Sony is still able to keep the rights to the Dualshock after that stupid Copyright fiasco...

Tha C-Master
yea that sucks.

Revan Souer
Who have to say I think it will be tight betwen the PS3 and XBOX360 due to the fact the 360 will be out maybe a year ahead of the ps3. Yet in the end it will depend on the games, if microsoft can get a few great exclusives then they could take the top spot. As for the Rev I think it clear from another thread what I think of the controller and I can't help think that Nin days are well and truely over, shame but true. Sega had at least th noggings to get out while they could.
As for the look of them I like all of them but the 360 looks a little cooler and I dont know why. Probably because it white and green cooool, but so do the others. May only consern is that they put to much of there effort in online play, still prefer to have really friends round.

Revan Souer
But as for the controolers on there own, if Xbox change the feel of the buttons theres will be great. All the buttons seem to be in the right places now, yet I havent seen the finish version of the ps3 one so its up in the air

Alpha Centauri
From the actual demonstration I saw of Nintendo (because basing opinions of how it plays and performs, on a picture, is retarded) I'll prefer that one.

I won't be buying any of the other machines so their controllers are of zero consequence.

Originally posted by FeceMan
PS3 simply because I favor that system.

Nintendo Revolution controller looks retarded. And, if it is a success, I will bet Sony will releae peripherals that have a similar function.

"Nintendo one looks shit, but if it's good, Sony will just copy." is what I got from that sentence.

-AC

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
From the actual demonstration I saw of Nintendo (because basing opinions of how it plays and performs, on a picture, is retarded) I'll prefer that one.

I won't be buying any of the other machines so their controllers are of zero consequence.

"Nintendo one looks shit, but if it's good, Sony will just copy." is what I got from that sentence.

-AC FANBOY stick out tongue I love Nintendo dont care what anyone else says sad
Now thats keeping an open mind for ya stick out tongue Happy Dance

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Revan Souer
FANBOY stick out tongue I love Nintendo dont care what anyone else says sad
Now thats keeping an open mind for ya stick out tongue Happy Dance

I don't love Nintendo, not sure where you got that. They're my favourite of the three, as Sony is yours.

And no, I don't care what others say. What I think about what I buy is all that matters to me, and so should be the way for everyone.

Why should what YOU think about Nintendo, stop me from buying it?

You're a cretinous one.

-AC

Silverstein

Discuss.

i like controllers that fit into my hand, one that looks cool, where the button placement is perfect for pressing

i'd say the xbox 360 controller looks best out of all

most successful...i dunno, ps3 and xbox will do good, since they are standard but revolution will definately attract people....curiousity, lets hope it doesnt kill

most comfortable seems like PS3, its so curvy, it looks like it will fit into your hand perfectly

dAngEr_Is_gO!
The Xbox 360 controller gets my vote. It takes an already good design and improves it by borrowing some of the better elements of the PS2 controller. The biggest potential issue I'd have with the PS3 controller, and I say potential because I haven't held one, is the lack of weight. That was one thing I hated, but other people loved, about the PS2 controller. It just fells too flimsy, especially when pounding the buttons. The Xbox controller is more sturdy.

FeceMan

-AC
That is indeed all that I intended to convey.

Draco69

Why should what YOU think about Nintendo, stop me from buying it?

You're a cretinous one.

-AC

confused

The thing is, fans of Nintendo aren't really Nintendo fanboys. They're fans of gaming.

Most of the die hard Nintendoers I know would drop it if it quit producing shit they liked.

The same cannot be said for Sony fanboys. Though saying that, Sony have yet to release many shit games and still maintain suppo.....oh wait.

-AC

erm

Take your foot out of your mouth and take your own advice.

Alpha Centauri
Take your foot out of your mouth and take your own advice.

My own advice? Perhaps you'd like to enlighten me on this advice that I supposedly gave out, and should now take.

Fece, that's not very good then is it? Sort of wraps up who the better company is in terms of innovation doesn't it?

-AC

Tha C-Master
This is a trend now, how sweet.

cool

I get what I like, I hope everyone else does, copy or no copy.

Red Superfly
As of right now? Revolution.

I haven't seen enough games or played any of them first hand yet - so out of the evidence so far, Revolution all the way.

That view could very easily change. The deciding factor will be the games and how well they utilise the controllers of the next gen consoles.

No point having the best designed car in the world if there's no fuel to put in it, so to speak.

FeceMan
Fece, that's not very good then is it? Sort of wraps up who the better company is in terms of innovation doesn't it?

-AC
No, it's not very good, I suppose. However, I would give more credit to Nintendo if I was not so absolutely disappointed with their selection of titles for the Gamecube.

forumcrew
just one time it would be nice to not change the controller at all..

Draco69
My own advice? Perhaps you'd like to enlighten me on this advice that I supposedly gave out, and should now take.

-AC

You have a lovely talent for completely avoiding the brunt of a statement.

Won't work. wink

Alpha Centauri
So fulfill my request, why don't cha?

Because it was BS? Yes, quite possibly. Also highly ironic coming from a guy who literally dodges most of peoples posts. Aka mine.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.