Did Dooku become one with the force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
Count Dooku was the master of Qui Gon Jinn. He trained and taught him the ways of the force. It has been noted that they were both very similar in their beliefs, so I wonder if maybe Dooku was enough like Qui Gon to have found the key to becoming one with the force.

And for those who say that evil people can't be one with the force, that's not guaranteed, and besides, Dooku wasn't completely evil, he just lost his faith in the Jedi and the Republic.

henniestevens
Everyone in the star wars galaxy who dies becomes 1 with the force.
what you mean is find the key to eternal life. I dont think anyone can answer this for you cuz its never explained. But it may be possible but only when he came back to the lightside in the afterlive I think.

Sir Mist
Nope.

darthvader_fan
same here nope

DenKi
well if he didnt, who Taught Qui Gon to do it, Qui gon was different the all the rest of the Jedi's and so was Dooku.

Sorgo
Originally posted by DenKi
well if he didnt, who Taught Qui Gon to do it, Qui gon was different the all the rest of the Jedi's and so was Dooku.

True.

When anybody dies, they become one with the Force.

Ushgarak
Yes, but one assumes we are talking about the Ghost Trick here. Which is different.

DenKi
So your saying Quigon was the first person ever to lean how to because a force ghost?

Quigon wasnt nothing special as a jedi, The Jedi have been around for 10000's of years he cant of been the first to of done this, QuiGon was just a normal jedi who was only around for afew years, what did HE do what all the millions of other Jedi didnt to learn the path to eternal life????

Jedi Priestess
So your saying Quigon was the first person ever to lean how to because a force ghost?

Quigon wasnt nothing special as a jedi, The Jedi have been around for 10000's of years he cant of been the first to of done this, QuiGon was just a normal jedi who was only around for afew years, what did HE do what all the millions of other Jedi didnt to learn the path to eternal life????

fact remains that Lucas wrote it that Quigon was the first. yes

Ushgarak
Yup. Fact it is- QGJ was first.

And... actually QGJ WAS special as a Jedi. I am surprised you don't think that.

overlord
Yep, Qui Gon was quite the hippie!
Even though he was dead.. ..He came back! eek!

Dooku on the other hand was too confused.

Captain REX
Moviewise, Qui-Gon was indeed the first to return from the Force. Several Jedi vanished without a trace of their body before Qui-Gon, in EU, but none of them ever returned to communicate with others and teach them how.

Dooku was completely evil, he was a Sith Lord. Doubting his evilness is very strange, seeing as he nearly killed two Jedi and started the Clone Wars himself.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Captain REX
Moviewise, Qui-Gon was indeed the first to return from the Force. Several Jedi vanished without a trace of their body before Qui-Gon, in EU, but none of them ever returned to communicate with others and teach them how.

Dooku was completely evil, he was a Sith Lord. Doubting his evilness is very strange, seeing as he nearly killed two Jedi and started the Clone Wars himself.

I always see Dooku as a man who in the begining thought he could end the corruption in the Republic but then as time passed like Anakin became the very think he tried to destroy. Or I am just an idiot and this theory sucks.

JKozzy

Dooku was completely evil, he was a Sith Lord. Doubting his evilness is very strange, seeing as he nearly killed two Jedi and started the Clone Wars himself. Rex: He was good once, I don't think he's pure evil. Sure he did all that, but was it because he was evil, or was it because he was power-hungry?

Captain REX
Power-hungry characters in GL's little mind tend to go evil. Just look at Anakin. wink

DiamondBullets
Dooku wasn't evil, he was just fighting for something he beleived in. He didn't care about Sith ideals, just his own power and political goals. When Ki-Adi-Mundi said in AOTC, "He's a political idealist not a murderer.", he was right about the political idealist part, but he wasn't above murder to accomplish his goals. Perhaps if he performed a final act of redemption (like Vader) he coulda became eternal. Deep down, I doubt he was any where near Lord Sidious or Maul.

Echuu
but none of them ever returned to communicate with others and teach them how.

Saessa Tiin could use the force to communicate with his dead master.(EU)

DiamondBullets... Dooku was evil... Yoda said so in the end of AOTC

Ushgarak
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Dooku wasn't evil, he was just fighting for something he beleived in. He didn't care about Sith ideals, just his own power and political goals. When Ki-Adi-Mundi said in AOTC, "He's a political idealist not a murderer.", he was right about the political idealist part, but he wasn't above murder to accomplish his goals. Perhaps if he performed a final act of redemption (like Vader) he coulda became eternal. Deep down, I doubt he was any where near Lord Sidious or Maul.

And so the Dark Side tricks another victim.

No, you are wrong, Dooku was a Sith Lord- he was PRECISELY enamoured of those ideals. Everything else was a front.

JKozzy
Power-hungry characters in GL's little mind tend to go evil. Just look at Anakin. wink Yes.... Anakin indeed still had good in him, and he destroyed the Emperor stick out tongue

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Dooku didn't exactly have a moment of clarity in the end. Unless you count the dawning realization of "Oh shit, Palpatine is a dick". That wouldn't make you a ghost though.

Da preacher

Dooku was completely evil, he was a Sith Lord. Doubting his evilness is very strange, seeing as he nearly killed two Jedi and started the Clone Wars himself. Yeah but these 2 jedi were trying to kill him though... and you can say george wasgington and all ur revolutionary heroes are um....... evil for starting a war.

DenKi
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yup. Fact it is- QGJ was first.

And... actually QGJ WAS special as a Jedi. I am surprised you don't think that.

So what was so special about him then? the only thing i can think of that he was a master and he choose not to be on the council??

next time give a awsner.

Ushgarak
Nex ttime, watch the film properly.

He was a very wise and powerful Jedi who was the most in touch, out of the whole Order, with the Living Force.

DenKi
that wasnt really shown clearly except his little quotes he used to use. There was nothing there

Ushgarak
Seemed clear to me.

DarkAge
It seems to me that truly evil sith lords have "sith eyes". Eg., Maul, Palpatine when he could no longer conceal his appearance, and Anakin at his most evil. Dooku never had sith eyes. He also asked if Kenobi wanted to help him destory the sith. Dooku wasn't true sith.

Sesse
Or at least he had much fear in him. Much anger in him. But he wasn't using them.

Tengu Man
palpatine never concealed his apperance, i actually used to think that before revenge of the sith, but his apperace is a result of force lighting ravaging his face. And Dooku was evil, he was lying to Obi Wan to get him on his team.

Quote Yoda " Joined the dark side, Dooku has. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now."

i dont think dooku became a force glowie.

Im not disputing Qui Gon was the first to do but for those of you who played Kotor what about Ajunta pall and Revan. but then again EU is not part of GL's movie saga.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by DarkAge
It seems to me that truly evil sith lords have "sith eyes". Eg., Maul, Palpatine when he could no longer conceal his appearance, and Anakin at his most evil. Dooku never had sith eyes. He also asked if Kenobi wanted to help him destory the sith. Dooku wasn't true sith.

Forget about the darn eyes!

And did it perhaps occur to you that he was not being 100% honest with Kenobi?

Honestly, this is a silly line of thinking. GL designed him as a Sith; he is a Sith.

obi-one killer
ok um dooku was palpatines apprentice so hes a sith. he was lieing to oby-one to try to get him on his side and for one thing no sith has had a force ghost except anakin but he was turned good though in the end so mostlikly dooku was just filled with the lust for power and wasnt ever one with the force. boya

Red Superfly
that wasnt really shown clearly except his little quotes he used to use. There was nothing there

Apart from the fact he was right all along? Apart from the fact he was the one who was so in touch with the will of the force, that he became one with it naturally, and in a way, became the true master, teaching Obi-Wan and Yoda how to become immortal.

And Dooku was evil. One with the force - you have GOT to be kidding.

What's not to get?

DenKi
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Apart from the fact he was right all along? Apart from the fact he was the one who was so in touch with the will of the force, that he became one with it naturally, and in a way, became the true master, teaching Obi-Wan and Yoda how to become immortal.

And Dooku was evil. One with the force - you have GOT to be kidding.

What's not to get?

Rofl,

YOU HAVE EXPLAINED NOTHING From what i said.

What's not to get???

We only saw Quigon say these little quotes here and there about the force, we saw him do !!NOTHING SPECIAL!! from any other jedi except to loose from Darth Maul what was completly stupid for somone of his so called tuned with the force to loose so stupidly, if anything he wasnt the best swordsman, and he No where NEAR wise as master Windu and Yoda.

Tengu Man
well i wouldnt say that,

Once again to Quote Yoda, he said it himself that Qui Gon was a wiser jedi than him.

Capt_Fantastic
The force is very much alive. It is body and soul. That explains the two aspects of the force.

Dooku did not become one with the force.

If you want to know who and how someone became one with the force, it should be Anakin. He did not have the benefit of the training that Obi-Wan and Yoda did.

And yes, Qui-Gon should have returned in spirit form...not just vocally.

DarkAge

Honestly, this is a silly line of thinking. GL designed him as a Sith; he is a Sith.

To be honest, I didn't have a clue what was going on with the plotline in this crappily written movie. Dooku came completely out of nowhere; it was never clarified by anything but the EU what his true intentions were. I'm just going by the EU here: Count Dooku was an aristocrat and a former Jedi who wanted to bring civility to the galaxy but he didn't care how this was achieved. He thought he was using Palpatine all along, but it was only at the end of his life that he understood he was just a pawn. From what I understand, which is very little, Dooku may or may not have ordered the clone army under the identity of the late Sifo Dyas. Lucas on the commentary of Ep. II said the Sifo Dyas story would be clarified in Ep. III. Yeah, right.

nate100
I must admit that i do agree with DenKi that throughout the film Qui Gon doesn't actually DO anything to cement his status as an amazing/better than your average/wisest of the wise Jedi (unless you count finding Anakin) but i personally feel that he is a very important jedi.

If for no other reason than we are supposed to think he is from the tone of the film and GL's ham fisted attempt to show him as a wise old sage/mentor.

As for the Dooku issue...... pffftt! i guess so. sure, why not.

darthvader_fan
yea i agree

DiamondBullets

Dude, Dooku was brutally honest with Kenobi in that little interogation scene on Geonosis.

"What if I told you that the Republic is under tha control of a Dark Lord of the Sith. Thousands of senators are now under the influence of a 'Darth Sidious' ". <--------That seems pretty accurate to me, homie.

Ushgarak
Yes, the rest- as GL directly said- was lies. Like all good deceptions, it was well mixed.

I said not 100%, not 0%- got it?

DiamondBullets
I said not 100%, not 0%- got it?

Bull! Dooku was being honest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.