Wolverine VS. batman with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TOAA
wolverine vs. batman in a sword fight. a standard sword fight. no prep no claws no gadgets, nothing. they are not fighting to kill or hurt one another just to test who is better with swords. so who takes it wolverine with his extensive training as a samurai and other shit. or batman which well..can fight with anything DEBATE!

Orestes
I'm well aware that Wolverine has extensive combat training, but I've never seen any compelling evidence to make me believe that he's actually all the good despite his training. His MAIN talent seems to be the ability to take punishment (that comes from his inability to avoid the attacks) and keep coming anyway.

By contrast, Batman -- whose training includes swordplay -- actually avoids attacks in combat consistently. Since this fight is about skill and not the ability to take a beating and still win ... IMO, Batman takes it.

Yes, I'm actually voting for Batman, and I'm not just being sarcastic this time. stick out tongue

wolverine8888
wolverine no doughts man. wolverine trainer was the best swords fighter to ever live and wolverine was matched with him with a sword. and wolverine also beats silver sam. all the time and he done it by just using a sword many many times. wolverine hands down

Piedmon
Batman is nobody's Ogun. Hell, he's probably not even Shingen.

wolverine8888
ya I dought is bats is even near at shingen level let a lone ogun and wolverine

Fanboy
Batman is a very sword when he fought against Ra's Al Ghul in Batman/Superman Batman whooped his ass. Batman wins.

wolverine8888
ogun is a demon master swords men he been sword men longer then bat mans been alive lol. shingun as well and wolverine betetr then them both

King KAM
Wolverine beat Elektra with a sword.

wolverine8888
yup

King KAM
Wolverine has the most impressive h2h list in marvel,

People he has KO'ed and havent beat him:

Shang chi
Shatterstar
Iron Fist
Punisher

and thats a hell of a list

Hit_and_Miss
Bats... lol wolverine probably wont even know which way to hold the sword...
unless the sword is designed to be controlled by the word 'bub'..
I can't see wolverine beating someone who could even hold a sword...

King KAM
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Bats... lol wolverine probably wont even know which way to hold the sword...
unless the sword is designed to be controlled by the word 'bub'..
I can't see wolverine beating someone who could even hold a sword...
you dont read wolverine do you....?

wolverine8888
yup he sure doesn't

King KAM
Originally posted by wolverine8888
yup he sure doesn't
that is obvious, but let him think what he wants.

wolverine8888
ya lol even thou one of the dumbest things I have heard

Hit_and_Miss
I could tell you every other word is bub, Or some lame challenge to superior mutiee... that he then beats via "cash cow" status....
Now hes facing an equally big "cash cow".... his "winning streak" is over...

Bats sliced wolvie open... wolvie regens...Bats repeats.... A world of pain ensues for wolvie....

Trollin fanboys is fun...

wolverine8888
u are a fool batman would never hit wolverine besides the fact wolverine is 2 whole levels in every stat over bat man and is also a level 7 fighter which master of al forms of combat. wolverines specilty was swords befor he new he had claws. bats is out class even if wolverine had normal human abilties he still beat bats ass with a sword. also wolverine could sit there all day not even use his weapon and bat man would tire him self out cuz he cant kill wolverine

wolverine8888
also spiderman a bigger seller then wolverine yet every time they fight wolverine does better

King KAM
also spiderman a bigger seller then wolverine yet every time they fight wolverine does better
Just leave hit and miss alone, he is just being anti-wolverine on purpose.

wolverine8888
aight

Hit_and_Miss

lol

Spider ownes wolverine... we all know it....

King KAM
lol

Spider ownes wolverine... we all know it....
cant agree there...

jgiant
Does wolvie have a winning record on spidey? I have kinda grown to hate them both because of this forum...

wolverine8888
wolverine showed how easly he could stab spiderman in there last little match. thew one befor that wolverine kinda just beat on spiderman then stop once spiderman figured out he was the real wolverine.

Hit_and_Miss
was that before or after spiderman threw wolverine out of a skyscraper.... or the time where spider webbed up wolverine and left him hanging around....

wolverine8888
he neevr throw wolverine out a sky scraper. also when he tied wolverine up they were talken not fight u act as if wolverine was fighting no wolverine was talken to him spiderman decided to be a pussy and start webing him.

DarkCrawler
ogun is a demon master swords men he been sword men longer then bat mans been alive lol.

So has Ra's Ghul. Batman kicked his ass in swordfight.

But I think Wolverine takes this. He is a samurai and I think he continually trains with sword.

DarkCrawler
he neevr throw wolverine out a sky scraper.

Actually, he did.

DarkCrawler

No, actually, most of the time they match.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by King KAM
Wolverine beat Elektra with a sword.

Not exactly.

He caught her off guard with a katana. There was really no beating anyone with it. He just caught her off guard, giving him the win in the fight.

Batman makes Logan moronic with his swordplay.

Oh, and by the way. I'm in no way saying Logan is bad. Logan is an incredible swordsman.

Just that Batman is better.

Metalmanx
Holy Crap! Who just posted that?!

Couldn't have been me. I never vote for Batman.

Curse you, Colossus21! You are the first one to ever get me to vote Batman and keep a straight face!

King KAM
i give it to wolverine he dices up silver samurai like its nobodys bidness

Hit_and_Miss
fanboys..... is there any fight where wolverine doesn't win???

Solidus Snake
bats wins without a doubt

roughrider
Wolverine is over a hundred years old, spent uncounted years in Japan as a samurai - he can take Batman if he wants to, and take the small cuts along the way. Unless this is a points system, and every hit counts towards victory.

wolverine8888
batman won't hit wolverine in a sword fight besides the fact that wolverine beats bat man in every attribute ecpt for int. bat man does not stand a chance. wolverine was using swords befor he even new he had claws. thats longer then bat mans been alive. wolverine was trained by the best swords men to ever live then wolverine killed him

jgiant
Yeah but dude...he is batman...

wolverine8888
ya that won't save him lol. batman vs shatter star would be a good sword fight thou

Metalmanx
he neevr throw wolverine out a sky scraper. also when he tied wolverine up they were talken not fight u act as if wolverine was fighting no wolverine was talken to him spiderman decided to be a pussy and start webing him.

You're right.

Correction:

Spiderman threw Wolverine out of a skyscraper through VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE GLASS and down about forty or so stories.

The people standing around him were questioning how Spiderman did it, since the glass was supposed to be indestructible (designed by the one and only Tony Stark no less, since it was his building).

And the webbing instance. That still shows just how fast and efforltessly Spiderman can web Wolvie up into incapacitation. To escape from those webs, that had to take Wolverine a good half an hour or so of trying to pull free, until he finally decided to sacrifice some pain to escape.

Anyway, off topic.

When did you decide that Wolverine trained with the best sword fighters in the world? I don't recall ever hearing that. Incredible ones, yes. Amazing, some of the best, sure. But I don't recall THE BEST.

Batman wins in a sword fight. Fact.

Juntai
Wolverine has beaten a lot of people but he doesn't show half the fighting prowess Batman does. And since he's not using the faster than light speed, able to cut through time/space ad-claws, he's at a serious disadvantage.

King KAM
fanboys..... is there any fight where wolverine doesn't win???
youre a wolverine hater, and you dont read about him at all. so what your saying really doesnt have validation in this thread

EsteemedLeader
Bats is excellent with a sword. He takes Ra's al Ghul on in sword duels, and Ra's has thousands of years experience. Wolverine is toast...

King KAM
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Bats is excellent with a sword. He takes Ra's al Ghul on in sword duels, and Ra's has thousands of years experience. Wolverine is toast...
So does ogun and wolverine has takin him with a sword, and ogun was mystic, ogun has killed thousands by the sword and lived waaaaaay past his life expectancy.

EsteemedLeader
So does ogun and wolverine has takin him with a sword, and ogun was mystic, ogun has killed thousands by the sword and lived waaaaaay past his life expectancy.

Was Wolvi getting hit?

Juntai
So does ogun and wolverine has takin him with a sword, and ogun was mystic, ogun has killed thousands by the sword and lived waaaaaay past his life expectancy. I remember wolvering getting beaten by an old man with a wooden sword so bad he bloodlusted and it costed him his woman. lol. That would not happen to Batman.

King KAM
Originally posted by Juntai
I remember wolvering getting beaten by an old man with a wooden sword so bad he bloodlusted and it costed him his woman. lol. That would not happen to Batman.
that oldman was extremely skilled and would kill batman also.

Juntai
that oldman was extremely skilled and would kill batman also. Not quite, he was a knockoff Ras, and wouldn't stand a chance.

Hit_and_Miss
youre a wolverine hater, and you dont read about him at all. so what your saying really doesnt have validation in this thread

I'm not a wolverine hater.... I just don't see him winning...

But I guess to be a wolverine fan you have to have blind dedecation, and an absolute conviction that he wins all.....

Maybe he should start his own religion...

King KAM

But I guess to be a wolverine fan you have to have blind dedecation, and an absolute conviction that he wins all.....

Maybe he should start his own religion...
hes can win this, he has shown more skill with the sword than bats, id give it to wolverine, no wolverine versus Galactus.....Hes gonna need alot of luck and hell of alot of elbow grease.

The MISTER
As much as I like Batman I've always had a huge amount of respect for the advantages that powers give comic characters.....

If Batman and Wolverine ARE so evenly matched skillwise ( And it would seem that they are ) Batman will tire first for Wolverine does not tire. (As far as I know)

A small cut delivered to Wolverine will hamper his game for a moment or two but it will heal quickly. A small cut delivered to Batman isn't going to heal at all.

Wolverine is not capable of losing a limb in this fight and his physical prowess is superior to Batmans, though not by much. Wolvy's not inferior to Batman in agility either so he's not an easy target.

IMO Wolverines healing factor and adamantium bones give him an obvious advantage for both their fighting skills are maxed.

I just don't see Batman's edge when you take away his tactical advantages (various weapons).

Powers matter. take away Wolverines healing factor and leave his bones unbreakable and Batman would win.....But then he wouldn't be fighting Wolverine would he?

wolverine8888
wolverine with out a dought he better with a sword he better fighter any ways but sword match is going to be a over kill. wolverine was trained by the best sword fighter and killed him using a sword

Hit_and_Miss
ever heard the saying "brains over brawn"????

Batman is testiment to that saying.... you alread said it yourself...
wolverine beats bat man in every attribute ecpt for int.

Tha C-Master

Maybe he should start his own religion... You don't remember logan87, high priest of wolvigod?

Oh wait that was esteemed.

wolverine8888
ya but int. won't help u if the soul piont of the person ur fighting life is fighting and every thing to him is how best to beat ur opponet and he body and brain move as one so well batman trying to think of a way to beat wolverine wolverine body already doing it

Colossus21
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
You don't remember logan87, high priest of wolvigod?

Oh wait that was esteemed.

lol didn't his sister get pregnant or some shit and he like left KMC.....he actually madeb a thread about it

Tha C-Master
Yea, and batman wins trashed it because he was mad about those threads.

God I love fanboy slaying.

Colossus21
wolverine8888 is now under my protection.......any1 ****s with him....will have to **** me first....this did not come out to well but u get the idea

EsteemedLeader
The Church of Wolvigod:

More members than Satanism, but less impact on the world, mainly because no one can take them seriously because they idolize a short Canadian goat-raper that says "Bub".

wolverine8888
thank u colossus21

Colossus21
thank u colossus21

no prob bub

wolverine8888
lol

Hit_and_Miss
ya but int. won't help u if the soul piont of the person ur fighting life is fighting and every thing to him is how best to beat ur opponet and he body and brain move as one so well batman trying to think of a way to beat wolverine wolverine body already doing it

I don't him on my case but ill risk it...

PRESS SPELL CHECK....

its hard to debate with someone when there post lacks grammar and spelling...

Translated by Hit_and_Miss
Yer but int won't help, If the soul point of the person your fighting is fighting, Every thing to him is how best to beat your opponet. His body and brain move together as one so well, that while batman is trying to think of a way to beat Wolverine, Wolverine's body is already countering what Batman is doing

Working on my translation.....

Wolverines body now has pre-cog abilities to instantly counter Batman's counters....??????????????????????????????????????????????

right........

How can his body and mind (working together) even beat Batman's, when Batman's mind is far superior to wolverines???

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Colossus21
wolverine vs. batman in a sword fight. a standard sword fight. no prep no claws no gadgets, nothing. they are not fighting to kill or hurt one another just to test who is better with swords. so who takes it wolverine with his extensive training as a samurai and other shit. or batman which well..can fight with anything DEBATE!

Maybe now you guys will stop debating this like they're out to kill each other with their swordplay.

This is a swordfight, but not a fight to the death. Fatigue means nothing here. Other stats mean absolutely nothing here, guys. Read the thread starter more often. This is all about who is better with a sword.

Now that we've got that cleared up...

Batman is the better swordsman.

King KAM
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Maybe now you guys will stop debating this like they're out to kill each other with their swordplay.

This is a swordfight, but not a fight to the death. Fatigue means nothing here. Other stats mean absolutely nothing here, guys. Read the thread starter more often. This is all about who is better with a sword.

Now that we've got that cleared up...

Batman is the better swordsman.
still dont agree

Hit_and_Miss
thats a good point kam....

oh wait.... you didn't make one......

Batman with his hight intelligence wins...

Tha C-Master
I still say draw for now...

They both seem great, but wolverine seems more instinctive, and batman more calculating.

wolverine8888
wolverine natrualy far afster then batman and stornger and better fighter he cant lose. ok lets just say there speed and strength are the same just for this match batman still loses. he fighting so one who acts with out having to think about it which there for give him and edge in speed a lone even with oput all his supierior speed. also wolverine is a 7 seven fight that the highest level u can be. befor he used his claws he used swords. he killed the best swords men in marvel. wolverine is going to win this

Hit_and_Miss
PLZ PLZ PLZ spellcheck your posts... its really hard to understand you wolverine8888

Wolverine acts without thinking???
That isn't something you want, he maybe a good fighter... but Batman is more clever then him... he will out think wolverine, and probably his batwang will outdo wolverine... Hes always trying to fight people he can't beat... its called short man syndrome... they feel they have to compensate for there shortness with there fists...

wolverine8888
sorry about spelling I got lazy. also um he he hardly loses fights so I real don't know what u mean he goes toe to toe with hulk. he beat herc. he fist fight rough house who is a class 100 strength. um also what I mean by he acdts with out thinking is unlike batman his body and mind move at one so even if u made wolverine only fast as batman for this one fight and as strong wolverine would still win. If u left wolverine like he normaly is he superior speed and strength would make this an easy win. also he a better fight and has far more experience fighting with swords

wolverine8888
also he own rough house when they fist fight

Hit_and_Miss
yes but the stronger and faster do not always win against the brainny... I would say bats out thinks wolverine with sword play... If it was a fist fight i'm not sure....

wolverine8888
how is he gunna out think him he will be fighting some one who will be attacking him with speed and strength and skill better then his own how long will he last few minuts tops. even if he thought of some thing all he got is a sword he not gunna be able to stop him. even if he had his belt nuthing in there will save him

Metalmanx
Again, boys. Not a fight to death. In fact, pretend both of them can't die. Not even get hurt. In fact, for the basis of this match, they're both enchanted by Cyttorak. Maybe now you'll (wolverine8888) realize that it's a show of who's better with a sword.

All those other stats (strength, speed, etc.) mean crap right here.

Who is better with a sword?

Batman.

wolverine8888
um speed and strength don't go into sword fighting ya show how much u know lol. speed is key thing fopr sword fighters i allows u to have a series edge. also in pure fighting skill sword and with out a sword wolverine better. ogun wolverine beat him with a sword he would beat batman in seconds. wolverine been using sword since befor batman was born and knows far more style with sword fighting then bats

Metalmanx
um speed and strength don't go into sword fighting ya show how much u know lol. speed is key thing fopr sword fighters i allows u to have a series edge. also in pure fighting skill sword and with out a sword wolverine better. ogun wolverine beat him with a sword he would beat batman in seconds. wolverine been using sword since befor batman was born and knows far more style with sword fighting then bats

Huh, that's funny. I was under the assumption that you know, Batman knows more martial arts styles than Wolverine, which I'm sure a decent amount of those consist of swordplay. Which, crazily enough, leads me to believe that Batman has many more options and tactics involving a sword than Wolverine.

And I know that speed plays a part in swordplay. And it would help if Wolverine had super speed. But since he doesn't, and only has Peak Human speed, I guess I'll just have to go with that. Too bad Batman, too, has Peak Human speed.

Oh, man. Look at that, they have the same speed...

Again, Batman is the better swordsman.

MuffinmanMike
wolverine no doughts man. wolverine trainer was the best swords fighter to ever live and wolverine was matched with him with a sword. and wolverine also beats silver sam. all the time and he done it by just using a sword many many times. wolverine hands down

I don't think Wolverine8888 gets to tell us what Wolverines the best at.

Yeah. Katanas are weightless. And metal falls apart if it's touched by a sword. Nope. No physical prowess needed at all.

Jesse7
I think wolverine's durability and healing would give him the edge.

Marcus4600
Wolverine is a master of the art of Kendo. Kendo is a sword art that I happen to know as well, and it's nothing to f*ck with. You can kill a man with one easy swipe, and Kendo teaches you about 100 ways to kill a man in one swipe. I can't really see Batman beating him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.