The End Of An Era

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TOAA
the VS. is dead. no new characters or materials are being presented its all the same recycled shit presented in a different package on every threads....that causes anger between members since everything has been covered and all the characters have been detailed the excitement is gone . it is slowly dying. any1 care to comment?

masterbruce
see my boogerman thread...i'm trying to bring in new characters

TOAA
Originally posted by masterbruce
see my boogerman thread...i'm trying to bring in new characters

yeah i saw it...... no

jplatinum
Mostyly true, but there are some threads that haven't been covered yet.

Like pre-crisis superman versus fully confident gladiator.

TOAA
Originally posted by jplatinum
Mostyly true, but there are some threads that haven't been covered yet.

Like pre-crisis superman versus fully confident gladiator.

it has actually.......most of them were....all the threads now are basically superman/batman/hulk/juggs/wolverine/spiderman in one from or another

Whirlysplatt
It had to happen, I try and bring in the likes of Grendel, Concrete etc. but Marvel fanboys want the Xmen.

TOAA
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
It had to happen, I try and bring in the likes of Grendel, Concrete etc. but Marvel fanboys want the Xmen.

we need some new fresh characters. ..people dont like change so they stick with the old established one's

masterbruce
TOAA you're wrong, its not that people don't want change, I think most forum visitors have no clue wo these lesser known characters are therefore they can't comment on them

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by TOAA
we need some new fresh characters. ..people dont like change so they stick with the old established one's

I agree but unless its Marvel the "kids" don't want it.

masterbruce
its not that they don't want it, its their lack of knowledge on these lesser known characters (at least that's my case)

Whirlysplatt
its not that they don't want it, its their lack of knowledge on these lesser known characters (at least that's my case)
I actually think your both right some get bored and move on and those that stay have often a very narrow understanding of comics, although thats not always the case. smile

yahman
Originally posted by TOAA

Ignorance means that people don't don't have any ground to debate on new characters. If anyone introduces any new characters into the forum , the threads are usually ignored and forgotten. smile

I think its the end my friends. Although an Influx of D.C., and manga fans would probably improve the current scenario.

8bitChris
Let's not be overly dramatic or anything!
angel

BobbyD
I agree, 8bitChris. Plus, I don't think our imaginations have been stretched to their fullest yet.

Whirlysplatt
Challenging the status quo for Marvel fans is also not allowed here.
Sometimes I feel I am the first to say the world is round smile

TwisterGameX
Well I had some new ones, but no one would reply because it's not Spiderman Wolverine Batman or Superman.

8bitChris
Then fight the power like only you can Whirly!

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Then fight the power like only you can Whirly!

Indeed I will my friend smile

with jgg

Darth_Erebus

Exactly. I have no clue who a lot of the characters being polled are.

jgiant
We payed for blood, lets tear this place apart!!!2guns

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by jgiant
We payed for blood, lets tear this place apart!!!2guns

Thats the spirit smile

kgkg
X-men, Superman , Thor , FF , JLA is the only think people talk about these days.

Maybe it's time for me to retire lol

wannabe
Well...always reading threads about guy 1Million here, guy pre-crisis there, y-man with ubertool here, z-man with uberforce there bores me quite a lot!!!
BUT sometimes you can still find a little jewel in this forum.

long pig
Well, what shall we do?

King KAM
actually all the comics i read arent mentioned,

Black lightning
papa midnite
static
icon
hardware

Marvel=DC
I sympathize with you guys unfortunately I think alot of people that come here don't actually read comics. Which would explain the vague answers and the classic giving an obscure answer such as wolverine beats superman cause he's cool. I don't think anyone thought this would last forever but, just until we found something better to do with our time. some new blood would possibly freshen thing up but, then you might end up with the same result because it seems like some of the people can barley comment on uber known character legitimately so I doubt the would surprise you if you added anime (please no DBZ) or whatever you decide. You'll just end up visiting and posting every other day, than week, than month and before you know it you won't i just hope you all have a backup plan like a fulfilling life.

Pointinel
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt

^oh sad

X FOREVER

DigiMark007
A lot of things get done and redone (ad nauseam) but there remains enough fresh topics to warrant occasional discussion. I won't lie, I've stopped posting so much too, and not just because I have Mod duties now. But every now and then good debates spring up, and the regular comic forum is always a pleasant alternative. But yeah, a few too many "insert popular character" threads are around, but just ignore them and do what you want and it can still be fun and productive.

chilled monkey
I agree that the main problem is probably lack of knowledge. I've posted several threads that were 'different' (W.I.T.C.H., Abigail Whistler etc) and they were mostly ignored.

However I don't think the VS forum is in any way dead. It's just going through a slump, it'll pick up sooner or later.

King KAM
HA!!!!!, I flew my space ship through a ridoactive Ultra size supernova, that exploded while i was on it and then got sucked into 4 black holes and 7 white ones, to EMERGE WITH MY POWERS!!!!!!!!!!! the title says it all kid...

jplatinum
I sympathize with you guys unfortunately I think alot of people that come here don't actually read comics. Which would explain the vague answers and the classic giving an obscure answer such as wolverine beats superman cause he's cool. I don't think anyone thought this would last forever but, just until we found something better to do with our time. some new blood would possibly freshen thing up but, then you might end up with the same result because it seems like some of the people can barley comment on uber known character legitimately -posted by marvel-dc.

SO true, man.
Newbies. Not even real newbies.
Their the the fake newbies who don't read a comic book or even know any real stuff about the characters, or they only know about somebody like spiderman(he had movies out), superman(he had movies out), batman( he had movies out).
All are top comicbookdom names.
Like people who don't watch basketball know jordan, its the same thing.

They see a movie on these few top characters and come here to post.
They don't even know any of the other comic book characters like thor,martian manhunter,amazo,boostergold,mordru,parasite,or etc.
They don't know the different periods/age eras/versions of any charcater.

Yes, said, they post shit like "Wolverine is cool so he can beat lobo" or superman can beat this Galactus guy".

Its truely said sometimes.
There is hope though.
If we try real hard we might be able to come up with some original threads that are cool as hell and haven't been done 1000000 times.

Or at least, maybe, just maybe, if wetry real hard we can make these "fake-newbies" disappear".
blowup

clap

BobbyD
There's always my old "Bar Room Brawl" posts which allow anyone to create and add to the story?

xmarksthespot
Why do people b*tch and moan about there not being anything different or there being no new character threads... when whenever something different is made the thread is left unanswered and slowly sinks as it's piled over by threads about Batman, Wolverine, Spiderman, Superman, Hulk etc? blink

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Why do people b*tch and moan about there not being anything different or there being no new character threads... when whenever something different is made the thread is left unanswered and slowly sinks as it's piled over by threads about Batman, Wolverine, Spiderman, Superman, Hulk etc? blink

Because a lot of those unanswered threads are started by me sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.