Concrete v Man-thing (so you think you know comics, huh?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_(comics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-Thing

this is a test of the forum

Creshosk
Plant versus rock. . .

Normally rock wins, however I'm not sure how Concrete would be able to beat Man-Thing. . .

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Creshosk
Plant versus rock. . .

Normally rock wins, however I'm not sure how Concrete would be able to beat Man-Thing. . .

Your thinking of Swamp thing smile

Creshosk
I'm thinking about Marvel's character, not DCs. . .

Whirlysplatt
I'm thinking about Marvel's character, not DCs. . .

OK then you know his not plant based smile

yahman
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
OK then you know his not plant based smile

It does say he composed of vegetation. smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by yahman
It does say he composed of vegetation. smile

Slime is not vegetation smile

yahman
Slime is not vegetation smile

Read it dude .... it says vegetation.

Whirlysplatt

Whirlysplatt

yahman
Ummmm smile

"The Man-Thing's body is practically invulnerable to harm. Because his body isn't entirely solid, but composed of the muck and vegetative matter of the swamp, "

Whirlysplatt

Creshosk
The Man-Thing's body is practically invulnerable to harm. Because his body isn't entirely solid, but composed of the muck and vegetative matter of the swamp, fists, bullets, knives, energy blasts, etc. will either pass entirely through him or will harmlessly be lodged within his body. Even if a vast portion of the Man-Thing's body were to be ripped away or incinerated, he would be able to reorganize himself by drawing the necessary material from the surrounding vegetation.

yes the biological material as do we if we are vegetarians smile

Whirlysplatt

Unlike the intelligent and plant-based Swamp Thing of DC Comics, the Man-Thing is a nearly mindless mass of slime with no particular affinity to any living thing,

indeed the magic turns it into the above

Thats not really making him a plant smile

Creshosk
Unlike the intelligent and plant-based Swamp Thing of DC Comics, the Man-Thing is a nearly mindless mass of slime with no particular affinity to any living thing,

indeed the magic turns it into the above

Thats not really making him a plant smile Swamp water and algae would be slime. the vegatitve material that composes his body would.

Whirlysplatt
Swamp water and algae would be slime. the vegatitve material that composes his body would.

No affinity to any living thing smile

this is why its a test

yahman
Swamp water and algae would be slime. the vegatitve material that composes his body would.

Its because he has felt the 'helping hand' smile

Whirlysplatt
Its because he has felt the 'helping hand' smile

indeed but what it becomes has no affinity to any living thing smile

yahman
indeed but what it becomes has no affinity to any living thing smile

what does that mean ? smile

Creshosk
what does that mean ? smile He's made up of dead plant material.

Whirlysplatt
what does that mean ? smile

It means I am being a little unfair to Cresh and using sematics, actually in some issues swampthing has vegetation growing in him, strands, but wether they are part of him is unclear.

smile

Whirlysplatt
It means I am being a little unfair to Cresh and using sematics, actually in some issues swampthing has vegetation growing in him, strands, but wether they are part of him is unclear.

smile

he has been described as walking compost smile So Cresh is half right. but he is not a plant like Swampthing is smile

Whirlysplatt
This is a nice site

http://www.retrocrush.com/100monsters/61.html

Creshosk
he has been described as walking compost smile So Cresh is half right. but he is not a plant like Swampthing is smile Well, Concrete man isn't exactly just rock either is he? wink

Whirlysplatt
Well, Concrete man isn't exactly just rock either is he? wink

no his not, his an alien material a bit like concret, if you've ever read it his house furniture is funny as fukc smile

yahman
Man thing is from marvel ... Where's concrete man from... the Bible according to G.S. only showed me a definition of concrete the material.

Creshosk
no his not, his an alien material a bit like concret, if you've ever read it his house furniture is funny as fukc smile This series is definitly deserving of it's rewards.

Man thing is from marvel ... Where's concrete man from... the Bible according to G.S. only showed me a definition of concrete the material. Dark Horse comics.

yahman
This series is definitly deserving of it's rewards.

Dark Horse comics.

confused ?

Whirlysplatt
Man thing is from marvel ... Where's concrete man from... the Bible according to G.S. only showed me a definition of concrete the material.

Darkhorse comics he is really subtle and non action based, a kind of black comedy based a little on the thing and mocking Alien abductions, as it was the mid eigties he came out. Its brilliant as good as Hellboy or your money back, check it.

Some of the 70's manthing is fukcing great as well smile

long pig
I used to read Concrete after he appeared in Cerebus.

Man-Thing is quite a bit more powerful, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.