Lestat (post QotD) vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
For those of you who have read Anne Rice's books (forget the lame movie) Lestat post Queen of the Damned is almost like a god. He has none of the weaknesses that classic Movie or Comic vampires have. He has immeasurable strength, can move at the speed of thought, can incinerate most things with his mind. I'd say he's a decent matchup for the Surfer. Can anyone give thoughts on this or do you just want to keep comparing Superman/Thor or Wolverine/Spiderman, etc?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
For those of you who have read Anne Rice's books (forget the lame movie) Lestat post Queen of the Damned is almost like a god. He has none of the weaknesses that classic Movie or Comic vampires have. He has immeasurable strength, can move at the speed of thought, can incinerate most things with his mind. I'd say he's a decent matchup for the Surfer. Can anyone give thoughts on this or do you just want to keep comparing Superman/Thor or Wolverine/Spiderman, etc?

Well SS would be faster than Lestat and i doubt he'd be able to burn SS or anyone with half decent durability (Marvel terms).

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Well SS would be faster than Lestat and i doubt he'd be able to burn SS or anyone with half decent durability (Marvel terms).

That's just it, is the Surfer faster? Plus, iid say they're comparable in terms of physical strength. You might be right about the Surfer's durability though, and the power cosmic is probably more than Lestat could handle. Probably should have put him up against someone slightly weaker.

GalacticStorm
That's just it, is the Surfer faster? Plus, iid say they're comparable in terms of physical strength. You might be right about the Surfer's durability though, and the power cosmic is probably more than Lestat could handle. Probably should have put him up against someone slightly weaker.

I doubt Lestat is SS level in strength either. What feats has he pulled off in the novels to make you think that? SS is class 100 and then can further enhance his strength with the power cosmic.

SS is definitely faster. He moves and reacts quicker than the speed of thought. SS doesnt need the board to fly and move just like Galactus doesnt need his machinery to eat planets. It just conserves energy.

Darth_Erebus
I doubt Lestat is SS level in strength either. What feats has he pulled off in the novels to make you think that? SS is class 100 and then can further enhance his strength with the power cosmic.

SS is definitely faster. He moves and reacts quicker than the speed of thought. SS doesnt need the board to fly and move just like Galactus doesnt need his machinery to eat planets. It just conserves energy.

After further reflection this is probably a mismatch. Shoulda picked the Thing or Rhino instead.

GalacticStorm
After further reflection this is probably a mismatch. Shoulda picked the Thing or Rhino instead.

laughing out loud

Khellendros
Yeah, Lestat is very powerful, but he's not doing more damage than a black hole could, meaning he's not hurting SS. Most flesh and blood heroes would be in trouble against him though.

jplatinum
surfer wins.
This is a mismatch.

Nataku8188

YOU WRONG! Surfer's strength is very low superhuman, probably around 1-10 tons, all his strength comes from his power cosmic. Such is shown when the power cosmic is stripped from him when he lands on this planet-battery thing (Can't remember the name, read it a while back, if you need I can get it) and he could barely carry some equipment because; A) The objects were so heavy B) His metal body was overheating because he couldn't cool himself with his PC. With PC though, he's strong enough to stand up against Hulk.

SS IS faster though. He moves and reacts faster than the speed of thought, but he DOES need the board to fly. I've seen him flung from his board and having to call it to him to fly. He's used his cosmic blasts to substitute as a launching capability in a tight spot. If there has been a time or two when he has flown without the board, chalk that up as a plot hole, because MANY times in SS v3 1-60 he has been without his board in space and had to call it quickly to remove himself from the battle.

But yeah, Lestat is getting his ass kicked. Surfer survived at the core of the earth, has taken the blast of a multitude of nuclear weapons on his forcefields/himself, used himself as a battering ram to take down Kree/Skrull warships.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Nataku8188
YOU WRONG! Surfer's strength is very low superhuman, probably around 1-10 tons, all his strength comes from his power cosmic. Such is shown when the power cosmic is stripped from him when he lands on this planet-battery thing (Can't remember the name, read it a while back, if you need I can get it) and he could barely carry some equipment because; A) The objects were so heavy B) His metal body was overheating because he couldn't cool himself with his PC. With PC though, he's strong enough to stand up against Hulk.

SS IS faster though. He moves and reacts faster than the speed of thought, but he DOES need the board to fly. I've seen him flung from his board and having to call it to him to fly. He's used his cosmic blasts to substitute as a launching capability in a tight spot. If there has been a time or two when he has flown without the board, chalk that up as a plot hole, because MANY times in SS v3 1-60 he has been without his board in space and had to call it quickly to remove himself from the battle.

But yeah, Lestat is getting his ass kicked. Surfer survived at the core of the earth, has taken the blast of a multitude of nuclear weapons on his forcefields/himself, used himself as a battering ram to take down Kree/Skrull warships.

If im wrong about the stength thing then fair enough however as you've concluded that SS will win anyway it doesnt really matter.

As for the flight thing the SS doesnt need his board to fly. KG has posted scans before on the matter and its common sense if you think about what he can do with the power cosmic. Magneto is Silver surfer lite and he flie just fine. One need only look at his bio to see he'd be able to fly under his own power. Luckily enough scans have been posted in the past supporting my claims.

Wheres KG when you need him? big grin

Darth_Erebus

The Marvel directory listed SS's physical strength at class 100. Granted, ALL of his abilities are because of the power cosmic.

thesilverspider
surfer can fly without the surf board thats how he escaped earth in the first place

kgkg
If im wrong about the stength thing then fair enough however as you've concluded that SS will win anyway it doesnt really matter.

As for the flight thing the SS doesnt need his board to fly. KG has posted scans before on the matter and its common sense if you think about what he can do with the power cosmic. Magneto is Silver surfer lite and he flie just fine. One need only look at his bio to see he'd be able to fly under his own power. Luckily enough scans have been posted in the past supporting my claims.

Wheres KG when you need him? big grin
Yes you are rite

SS wins

SS can Stop time, and bend space/time.

Silver Surfer is power itself, strength is not a big deal to Silver Surfer, but you have to remember strength doesn't mean much to him.

When he was pissed he easily took down Hulk, and also jacked his powers.

Let’s see.

Quasar – his couldn’t do much , in later issue he was treated like a child.

Quasar is someone who is at thor level , and very powerful dude.

Genis – am sure yall heard of this mofo , SS took his ass down like he was nothing.

Strange – Now how many times does this guy say SS is too strong?

am sure yall heard of Jack of Heart? he made that guy look like nothing

God-like cable ---- hmm see scans.

SS even defeated Durok , someone who is immensely more powerful than Thor , infact he nearly killed Thor.

more note:
Tyrant : say SS is the stongest ( groups included: BRB , Gladiator etc)

When battle Mad Thor : SS was seen as the most powerful ( group included : Strange , Adam ( with gem) , Drax , BRB etc

In She hulk: Champion took down all the stongest being in the Universe. She-Hulk was shocked that Champion could beat Silver Surfer ( note Silver Surfer)

SS once effect 1000 beings at once, meaning if he wants to kill heroes he can do it with ease.

In defender , all of the avenger had to attack him at the same time just to contain him.

etc

SS wins

the only being who makes SS look bad is Thanos , but he makes everyone look bad.

Avalonofthewind
Last book I read, Lestat actually wrestled the DEVIL himself.
Not Mephisto, Blaze, Neron or some other bootleg Demon...
but the actual Devil himself. Power Cosmic will be worthless as he is a mystical creature at this point.

long pig
I don't know, I liked the movie. Allyia or whatever her name was, was hot.
But, seeing who surfer is and what he's done, he'd probably win due to his speed.

Strange could beat Surfer....

Khellendros
I still stand my the idea that Lestat can do nothing to SS because he's just solidified energy at this point. An interesting fight, in my opinion, would be Lestat versus Superman. I'm reasonably sure the setting things aflame with his mind thing is magical in nature, so it'd be a good fight.

Avalonofthewind
Lestat could knock Surfers soul out of his body with a look.
An ability he mastered in "Tale of a body thief"

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by kgkg
treated like a child.

the only being who makes SS look bad is Thanos , but he makes everyone look bad.

Not true, Odin took out the surfer with just one blast. Tyrant also easily defeated the Surfer.

8bitChris

Man i'm going to kick myself for not choosing Norrin Radd for the Street Level tourney...

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Lestat could knock Surfers soul out of his body with a look.
An ability he mastered in "Tale of a body thief"

How is that any different from fighting Mephisto ?

Surfer's will and soul are more powerful than anyone in marvel (Except Doom, mayhaps. He stood up to a powered up purple man at point blank range) I highly doubt Lestat is going to be knocking his soul out of his body. I see it more of Surfer blasting him into oblivion, regardless of what state he's in.

Juntai
You guys seriously dont know how powerful Lestat got, can run and move rediclously fast, he was clearing the planet one side to another like it was nothing looking for the devil, and when the devil snuck up behind him he spun around and pimp smacked like across the continent or something. Then he started time-traveling or some shit, It's been forever since I read that stuff.

Solidus Snake
lestat is a powerful bastard. read memnoch the devil and u'll understand.

id put my money on surfer tho.

Juntai
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
lestat is a powerful bastard. read memnoch the devil and u'll understand.

id put my money on surfer tho. co-sign.
It's a lot better of a fight than people think though.

RSSR
One word.

sunlight

Surfer thinks/moves/reacts at speeds close to or at the speed of light. SS wins easily.

K3VIL
Lesta is a mere pussy.
For the one whol sayed Surfer beat Genis Vell, it was in his early days as Legacy, he was a rookie hero with bravado attitude

Avalonofthewind
How is that any different from fighting Mephisto ?

Surfer's will and soul are more powerful than anyone in marvel (Except Doom, mayhaps. He stood up to a powered up purple man at point blank range) I highly doubt Lestat is going to be knocking his soul out of his body. I see it more of Surfer blasting him into oblivion, regardless of what state he's in.

Lestat doesn't have to tempt you to or use any trickery for the soul trick. He isn't a devil trying to get souls. He simply knocks the soul out of your body. Read Tale of a body thief.
and True devil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mephisto
Queen of the Damned Lestat was still a fledgling at that point.
Sunlight give Lestat a tan nowadays, It doesnt kill him.
The guy drank blood from christ himself.
He's uber powerful. In his universe, he's become far past "dracula" level.

Doom and Gloom
bump

Enyalus
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
bump
Why?

Memnoch the Devil is one of my favorite Anne Rice novels, and even then (at his peak) he doesn't come close to taking a majority on the Surfer.

The Nuul
WTF?

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Enyalus
Why?

Memnoch the Devil is one of my favorite Anne Rice novels, and even then (at his peak) he doesn't come close to taking a majority on the Surfer.

Well, I agree the Surfer wins this, but it isn't 10/10, more like 7/10.

Lestat would most certainly rape Dracula

and besides..I'm tired of looking at Superman vs Captain Marvel/Shazam threads

Mindset
SS 10/10

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Avlon
Lestat doesn't have to tempt you to or use any trickery for the soul trick. He isn't a devil trying to get souls. He simply knocks the soul out of your body. Read Tale of a body thief.
and True devil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mephisto
Queen of the Damned Lestat was still a fledgling at that point.
Sunlight give Lestat a tan nowadays, It doesnt kill him.
The guy drank blood from christ himself.
He's uber powerful. In his universe, he's become far past "dracula" level. zomg! soul suck!

surfer can resist that:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8629/silversurfer198801619.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3788/silversurfer198801620.jpg

he's even broken out of soulworld.

TricksterPriest
Yech. thumb down to anything Anne Rice.

and besides, Lestat isn't the most powerful vampire. Alucard is. alucard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.