Irresistible Force vs Immovable Object

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
What are the opinions on what happens when an Irresistible Force meets an Immovable Object? I'm including it in this forum because, years ago, DC answered the question in a way I thought was pretty cool.

Any takers?

golem370
Well there being an Immovable Object means there can't be a Irresistible Force

Juntai
Originally posted by golem370
Well there being an Immovable Object means there can't be a Irresistible Force Theoretically... that's right.

HOWEVER:

If the irresistable force is Jessica Alba, and the Immovable Object is supposedly her current fling. Then I'm going w/ Irresistable Force, since I'd KO him quick to get to her. Hah.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by golem370
Well there being an Immovable Object means there can't be a Irresistible Force Works both ways, a paradox actually.

Darth_Erebus
It's the old riddle. If God is all powerful can he make a rock so big he can't lift it? laughing out loud

Creshosk
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
It's the old riddle. If God is all powerful can he make a rock so big he can't lift it? laughing out loud The one you gave is merely a semantics argument in the way you define 'lift'.

Start with a clean slate, now create a rock that is much bigger and ore massive than you are.

Due to the definition of 'lift', being that you need to move it away from another massive object, there is no way to "lift" this rock. As there is nothing to "lift" this rock away from.

Now create a larger more massive rock, and "lift" this unliftable rock off of the second rock.

Now you've mafde a rock "so big you cannot lift it" and lifted it. wink

LGodamus
ok to bring this into line with comics in marvel.....hmmm the immovable object is the blob, and the unstoppable force is juggernaut....ah hell you figure that one out its pretty easy from there

Mindship
Originally posted by LGodamus
ok to bring this into line with comics in marvel.....hmmm the immovable object is the blob, and the unstoppable force is juggernaut....ah hell you figure that one out its pretty easy from there

You got it. DC's answer was that the two simply pass through one another (as I imagine Juggs will do to jelloboy).

Solidus Snake
the fans win

Orestes
The universe implodes. Strangely enough, Jay Leno still manages to make jokes about it that night.

long pig
The Irresistible Object goes OVER the Immovable Object like a ramp, thusly, both objects keeping their primary properties. big grin

King KAM
its a paradox, but their cant be 2, for it to be true only one can win.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Orestes
The universe implodes. Strangely enough, Jay Leno still manages to make jokes about it that night.

laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.