So, maybe some cameos after all...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Many have wondered over time whether an apperance- brief or otherwise- of some Original trilogy people- like Chewie, Tarkin or Mon Mothma- would occur in Ep III. Previously, this sort of thing has been denied by Lucasfilm but now GL seems to be warming to the idea. When asked if cameos would occur he said:

"There are some, if I can fit them in, but I won't say who they are. Some key characters are scheduled to be fit in if I can make it work. They are not so integral to the story--it's really done to say, 'Oh look, there's so-and-so.'"

OOh! So, guesses, anyone? Tarkin, I hope!

davinci73
I think it would be funny if a younger Han Solo would accidentaly run into Annakin. Just see Han for a second would really tie the star wars trilogy together and make a large universe seem small.

LanceWindu
I would love to see Chewie because he doesn't really age much in those 20 years between episodes. And they wouldn't have to put a lot of make-up on Mayhew because all he needs is the suit. And they can make that look younger if need be.

Captain REX
Ewoks! laughing out loud

finti
I mean we NEED to see Tarkin and maybe Mon Mothma. Both have important roles in the OT conflict.
Also I will be really dissapointed if we aint gonna see Alderaan.
In AOTC we got OT links through the death star plans, and the Clone Wars(even if it is only mentioned around three times at Obi`s place).

Dim
I'd go for seeing those to..the way things are going it seems like they'd fit into the story pretty well..Chewie on the othe hand probably wouldn't be in for anyother purpose than to make fans happy.

Gundark
I think seeing Chewie would make the most sense in that it wouldn't be uncommon for a wookie to be walking about in say, a spaceport- just like you'd see a Rodian or some some other alien.

Even if somebody doesn't get a cameo, mentioning names from OT in PT are good too.

Like Palpatine can say something like "I've put a Captain Tarkin in charge of that sector......" even if you don't actually SEE him.

LaurenE147
I'm betting on Chewie or Han, but not both since it is the common belief that Han and Chewie met when Han rescued him from Imperial slavery.

Gundark
How about Lando and Han in that infamous Sabaac game ?

LanceWindu
Maybe we could get Palpy starting to capture slaves and we see him go to Kashyyyk and take Wookies and maybe we can see Chewie!

Gundark
Maybe Solo's picture on a 'wanted dead or alive' poster.

yerssot
me?

He-Man
Well, Mayhew doesn't even need a suit to play Chewie. He looks real enough even without it. wink

LaurenE147
I don't think that Han will be in trouble with the law yet in AOTC because he'll only be around nine or ten, right? l

Does anybody know Han's exact age?

yerssot
in AOTC?? he wasn't born at that point I think

LaurenE147
It's said a lot in a lot of different places that he's older than the twins by a good few years and its already been said that the twins are at least conceived in episode three so Han will have to have been born.

yerssot
around EpIII, ok, but he's not 9 already in AOTC

LanceWindu
Not that I think.

Maybe he is 8 or so by the time Ep3 starts.

Ushgarak
Don't forget the likes of Dodonna, Ackbar, Piett, Veers, Ozzel and Jerjerrod...

LanceWindu
How about another Greedo apperance?

Captain REX
NO!!!

*shoots Greedo to pieces*

Uh...I think I just screwed up the future...

I want to see Palpy making a deal with Raith Sienar to supply the TIE Fighters. TIE Fighters don't just grow on trees ya know.

LanceWindu
Did you know that during the Coruscant chase sequence there are hidden X-Wings and TIE Fighters?

yerssot
I think it would be better if we saw Ackbar again, not only in RotJ...

Mujaffa
what??? where??? tell me so i can find it next time i see the great movie

Darth Guff Puff
I think Han would've been born then, hes gota b around 25 in A New Hope, so he'd b around 5 or 6

finti
I would guess Han to be in his late 20`s in ANH.

LaurenE147
We've already had a Greedo cameo. On the special features Anakin gets into a fight with a Rodian who is later referred to as Greedo.

King Jedi
Will Jabba be back?

Ushgarak
Unlikey; we're all done on Tatooine.

Bespin Bart
If I see Jabba's rolling fat flaps one more time, I'm gonna get mad!

Actually, we're not all done on Tatooine. We still have to see Ob1 and Luke going into hiding.

At the end of Episode III, they should have a sign like "20 years later" and then we see the deleted scene where Luke is looking at the opening space battle through electrobinoculars from ANH. That would be a great way to end the PT trilogy, connecting it with the OT trilogy.

King Jedi
No it wouldn't. sad

Bespin Bart
Why not? I think it would be.

Ushgarak
BB, we ARE all done on Tatooine. They have already filmed the one remaining Tatooine shot and Jabba was not in it.

Gundark
GL would not have bothered making another trip back to Tunisia to shoot one scene when he could just do it while he was there for AOTC.

The Ush man is correct.

LanceWindu
But things can change and GL may add new scenes on Tattoine before shooting even begins.

finti
Actually I read in the paper today a rumour about the last scene of epIII already being filmed. And that scene was probably Obi wan delivering Luke Skywalker to the Lars family.

Ushgarak
It's not the last scene. It is ONE of the last scenes, according to GL.

Lance, in a LITERAL Sense GL can change his mind, but it is INCREDIBLY unlikely. In the interview he is doing at the time when he is talking about shooting the final scene (when he explains about how stupid it would be to move the whole crew out back to Tunisia in three years time just for one shot), the interviewer asks him

"What if you change your mind and want some more Tatooine shots?"

George answered:

"Then I don't get them."

King Jedi
I don't understand how Obi-Wan can go to the homestead at the end of Ep3 when he's never been there before. How does he know where to go?

Ushgarak
He can ask Padme.

yerssot
go to watto and ask him, I take

King Jedi
He's never met Watto either. If he asks Padme, what is she going to tell him? "Eh, it was near some sand".

Ushgarak
She can tell him it was near Mos Eisley and that locals would know where it is. It's not like its inaccessible or something.

yerssot
they would certainly know 'bout Shmis fate!

Bespin Bart
Maybe, maybe not.

Gundark
I'm sure if Padme would ask for directions to the Lars homestead near Mos Eisley, or if you want to pick nits, Anchorhead, locals would know...how many homesteads can there be out there. I don't think moisture-farming is that profitable you know...

finti
She just need to tell him that it was the Lars`s homestead, Obi is able to find something out for himself, and R2 might help as well.

Emperor Helmet
R2 knows exactly where it is.

yerssot
he DID took the good way to reach OB1 in ANH...

Emperor Helmet
He did? I swore Obi-Wan found them.

yerssot
ofcourse, if your driver is knocked-out you CAN'T move!

Gundark
If the Tuskens had really whacked Luke, he would have been dead. According to the novelization, Luke fainted.

yerssot
and according to another source he got hit and got poisoned

finti
You can see by ANH film that he is not hit at all

yerssot
perhaps not in his head...

jango fatt
Lol

Xam
jango you broygth back an almost 3 year old thread just to say "lol"!!!
come on dude...you could of said it to yourself!!

jango fatt
Sorry.

Xam
lol

jango fatt
That was funny.

Xam
stick out tongue wink

eXSBass
Does this mean GL does get a cameo?

jango fatt
What are you talking about?

musashi_sw
???

The Ones
where did it say that?

jango fatt
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Ushgarak
Ok, don't waste time folks. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.