Burnout Revenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snake_eyes616
http://www.armchairempire.com/images/previews/multi-platform/burnout-revenge/burnout-revenge-1.jpg

Anyone play this awesome game yet? big grin

Review

snake_eyes616
Im guessing not, lol

Dark_chan
i did it sooooo kewl

Silverstein
i have the demo it is amazingly fast, the best driving game

snake_eyes616
so whatdoya think, Game of the Year matierial or not?

vader519
I loved last year's version of Burnout and it was alot of fun to play. I plan on getting the new one soon.

Red Superfly
I think it might just be a rental to be fair.

It just doesn't seem like a big enough leap from 3 to 4, as 2 to 3 was.

I know thats not fair, because it was always going to be hard to top 3. But I can't justify spending so much money on a game which is just the last game but a little bit different.

I'll try it out first.

snake_eyes616
I have it on rental right now. Ive had it for about 3 hrs and have gotten to the Fearless ranking big grin

snake_eyes616
OMG this game rules. Im already up to the Maniac ranking...

This game is so fast, it feels like your ripping the space-time continuum a new ass, lol

Ast
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I think it might just be a rental to be fair.

It just doesn't seem like a big enough leap from 3 to 4, as 2 to 3 was.

I know thats not fair, because it was always going to be hard to top 3. But I can't justify spending so much money on a game which is just the last game but a little bit different.

I'll try it out first.

I agree that it isnt near the evolution of Takedown, but that doesnt bother me that much(plus I never actually bought Takedown stick out tongue ). It is simply more of what I love with many minor improvements. And this had to be expected, Burnout 3 was a huge hit, so EA instantly decided to make it a annual game, so less development time. no

Bottomline, I bought and I love it, having XBL just makes it better.

Hit_and_Miss
I just got it! man this owns! I just miss crash FM! where did it go!....

I love it when it gives you your revenge target... you just feel all the rage fill up

Red Superfly
Yeah this game is awesome. Despite my earlier concerns there are actually enough changes made to warrant a purchase. Graphically it looks stunning - what else would you expect - the boys that made Burnout created the damn Renderware engine (GTA uses Renderware).

The thing I love about the Burnout series is that even if you buy Burnout 4 first, Burnout 2 and Burnout 3 are still quite different enough to actually warrant a puchase too. Each new installment breaks the last ones rules. It started out with Burnout 1 where you had to dodge everything in sight, and it's evolved into Burnout 4 where you still have to dodge mayhem aswell as create it.

The tracks are also amazing, with forks in the road, better aftertouch and multi-tierred race tracks where you can drop from one highway down to a lower one.

And the graphics never slow down.

Hit_and_Miss
i hate the Fin pillars... I keep clippin them...

slim_thug
this games is crazy

snake_eyes616
OMG your sig is hilarious slim_thug laughing out loud

powerfulone1987
Im not into racing games.

But I have been hearing about this series for a long time and it's crash modes and stuff and they seem intriguing, but like I said, I own no racing games.

So would anybody recommend a non racer gamer such as myself to purchase this game or would it be a waste of their money and not enough to convert them or catch their attention?

When did this game come out?

snake_eyes616
I recommend it to anyone who loves gaming.

it came out last week I think.

Ast
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Im not into racing games.

But I have been hearing about this series for a long time and it's crash modes and stuff and they seem intriguing, but like I said, I own no racing games.

So would anybody recommend a non racer gamer such as myself to purchase this game or would it be a waste of their money and not enough to convert them or catch their attention?

When did this game come out?

Came out about 2 weeks ago.

I would recommend that everyone, racing fan or not, atleast rent this game. It isnt an overly serious simulation racer, it is an easy pick up and play, incredibly addictive arcade racer.

The speed of the game is incredible. probably the fastest non-future racer. And the entire emphasis is on crashing and driving dirty. The graphics are beautiful and the sound is incredible. If you have the abilitie to play online on PS2 or XBL then you will be in heaven.

snake_eyes616
like I said, it feels like you are ripping the space-time continuum a new ass, lol

Ever notice if you are in a cramp tunnel or alley and there is paper on the ground? if your are going fast enogh the paper will follow you for a sec in a little cyclone big grin

Hit_and_Miss
I don't really like racing games. I love the way the aim is takedowns... Pure and simple take downs... Not the 5-79 lap racers where you have to do perfect times to beat the computer..

snake_eyes616
yeah, lots of freedom in this game.

Hit_and_Miss
Anyone wants a race! holla at me! though I haven't played it on xbl yet....

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I don't really like racing games. I love the way the aim is takedowns... Pure and simple take downs... Not the 5-79 lap racers where you have to do perfect times to beat the computer..

Well if you don't like racing games and still like this game than maybe there's hope for me.

Thanks for all of yalls opinions. I am seriously thinking about buying this game now. It could take the place of the Ultimate Spiderman game that I was gonna buy that I am not now. And the fact that yall said it has online gaming makes me more excited because I have never done online gaming before and I just got all of my stuff hooked up and ready for it and bought an adapter and stuff because of Marvel Nemesis. As soon as I found out that game had online I just new that finally PS2 had a game that I wanted to go online with and not some war game or sports game. Because of school work at college and stuff I havent actually been online yet but the fact that this game also has online really increases my chances of buying this game.

So since yall say it's onine does that mean this game also has a racing mode or something? How does it work online if it has no racing mode and is crashing and stuff?

Again thanks for all of yalls opinions.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I've got it on rental at the moment and am ripping through the ranks. It really feels like more of the same, however I can't put the bloody thing down!!
It is the faster racer bar none! I find myself gritting my teeth when screaming into blind bends. There is just so much going on. I prefer the new crash mode. You can orchestrate some serious destruction.
Does anyone else get the feeling that the cars that you unlock are pretty much just different skins (and not that much different at that)? I've found that they don't make much difference to a race at all.

Hit_and_Miss
The game is about racing... But its dirty racing.... You get boost speed by making your opponents crash... smashing in other cars on the road.. doing insane jumps.. skiddin all over the place...

Its not your norm racing game.... Def worth a rent....

The cars are quite similar... The main differances in the cars are the boost speed... the weight and its handling in the corners...

StinkFist462
i rented this game and it got boring REALLL fast.

powerfulone1987
That doesn't sound good.

Maybe I won't buy it.

I just don't know anymore.

Hit_and_Miss
.... Go rent the game...

I think any GTA got dull real quick....

powerfulone1987
I would think that GTA stands for Grand Theft Auto, but the way you used it and in the context, I am not sure. So what does it mean.

StinkFist462
GTA is boring, very boring, to me. i honestly dont like the games and dont see whats so great about them. wow i can jack a car and screw a hooker!

Hit_and_Miss
lol... powerfulone you were correct.... grand thief auto..

Its a dull game real quick.. theres nothing challenging about it.

powerfulone1987
I played a friends but I never bought it.

Not my kind of game.

powerfulone1987
Okay, so I know in my past posts, it was really unknown whether I would buy the game or not and I ended up not buying it. I don't know if i decided this or i just forgot or what but now i'm asking for it for christmas.
So yes, I'm finally getting the game, but does anybody think its too late to be getting it? Are people still really playing it seriously like anything or is it collecting dust on their shelves.
Anybody getting this or want it for christmas or has it and doesn't play it anymore or still plays it?

is it comprehensible.....

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Okay, so I know in my past posts, it was really unknown whether I would buy the game or not and I ended up not buying it. I don't know if i decided this or i just forgot or what but now i'm asking for it for christmas.
So yes, I'm finally getting the game, but does anybody think its too late to be getting it? Are people still really playing it seriously like anything or is it collecting dust on their shelves.
Anybody getting this or want it for christmas or has it and doesn't play it anymore or still plays it?

Any responses?

Cyber Ninja
Did you get the game ? I am about to get it today. Is it better than 3 ?

swedish_bum
I have and its AWESOME!!!!! big grin

Cyber Ninja
better than 3 lol ?

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
Did you get the game ? I am about to get it today. Is it better than 3 ?
yeah, i got the game, but it's my first Burnout game so I don't know if it's better. Although I'd still say yes, with what reviews have been saying.

Cyber Ninja
so you love it ?

Ast
I cant wait for the 360 version next month. big grin

powerfulone1987
Yeah, I liked it a lot and that says a lot since it was my first really official racing game for the PS2.

swedish_bum
yeah i think its better than 3... but i don't play any more cuz i only have hard levels left...

powerfulone1987
ha, why not replay older easier levels then?

swedish_bum
stick out tongue i dont know i do that some times

AstroFan
I picked up the 360 version today...

I know the Live Revenge doesnt really change the gameplay, but it works on me, I keep ****ing up trying to go for Revenge instead of winning. stick out tongue

PVS
got it yesterday. certainly more difficult than the xbox version. on the old one i would yawn as i took first, but now i have to struggle to even get third. and i havent unlocked the second level yet blink graphics are beautiful. same as xbox, but HD, so on a big screen its just gorgeous droolio

Scorpion_Master
LOL that hard cant it bee??

AstroFan
Originally posted by PVS
got it yesterday. certainly more difficult than the xbox version. on the old one i would yawn as i took first, but now i have to struggle to even get third. and i havent unlocked the second level yet blink graphics are beautiful. same as xbox, but HD, so on a big screen its just gorgeous droolio

I thought I was going crazy, Im glad someone else thinks its harder. laughing out loud

And yes, it is beautiful in HD. Though the cars look exactly the same when the race starts, but they look incredible when they get beaten up. stick out tongue

AstroFan
I gotta say this...

I am 2 takedowns up on the #1 player in the world. stick out tongue

KENobi™
Originally posted by PVS

Good. I can always appreciate a tougher race game. Adds to the replay value a lot.

See you all on Live once my copy arrives.

KENobi™
I'm skimming through this game fast, but I love it. A constant battle to get first place. And the online play is schweet.

Phat J
is this the best racer for the xbox? ive only heard good things about it, looks sick too.

PVS
man, i cant get a damn perfect score on any level. even the first one, where you race the xbox360 car. i hit the finish line and win the gold metal...and the frikin thing only gives me three stars. WTF??? What the f**k?

KENobi™
Originally posted by PVS
man, i cant get a damn perfect score on any level. even the first one, where you race the xbox360 car. i hit the finish line and win the gold metal...and the frikin thing only gives me three stars. WTF??? What the f**k?

You probably only had Good on your race, instead of either Great or Awesome.

So far I've got a Perfect on every event I've done (multiple tries on some). Which means I've finished all the way up to the Offensive rank with all Perfects, I need a few more on Fearless to be Perfect and that'll be done.

I've got a new Clip I'm going to upload to XBox Live of a glitch, maybe that'll get me in the Top 20 Downloads.

lil_maxie
Personally i prefer burnout 3, i played B4 and i felt the graphics were too animated, the cars didn't look right, and part of the fun for me is when i win cars, and they look quality.. just didn't feel this in BurnO 4,but thats just me..

All hail Burnout!! rock

AstroFan
Burnout 3 was great, but I can never go back having played Revenge.

KENobi™
Originally posted by AstroFan
Burnout 3 was great, but I can never go back having played Revenge.

*stamp of approval*

Best Burnout game yet.

I just wish EA would fix their game servers. I've connected to ONE, count it...ONE, event online since getting the game. All other times I have to create the event to be able to play online.

Cyber Ninja
I will have the power to Ken..soon...sooon....soon youpi

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Swe_Bum
yeah i think its better than 3... but i don't play any more cuz i only have hard levels left...

confused Why not beat the hard levels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.