The Fury VS the JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khellendros
Alright, this should be a good one The freaky adaptive cyborg that killed all the heroes on an alternate Marvel Earth gets shunted to DC Earth. It's programming is to kill any metahuman on whatever planet it happens to be on, and the current JLA lineup is the first line of defense. For reference:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/fury1.htm
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/f/fury.htm

Frankly, I think the Justice League is boned.

Solidus Snake
if they can beat the void hound, they can beat the fury

Khellendros
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
if they can beat the void hound, they can beat the fury
Void Hound is what now?

RSSR
And yet Shaggy Man and Doomsday gives them all kinds of fits??

Khellendros
Originally posted by RSSR
Yeah, and the Fury evolves like Doomsday only he doesn't have to die to do it. He's like Nimrod on 'roids.

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by RSSR

u obviously do not know what u are talking about.

doomsday fought a pissy league....i mean who the hell is blue beetle and booster gold. lightweights thats who they are

Khellendros
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
doomsday fought a pissy league....i mean who the hell is blue beetle and booster gold. lightweights thats who they are
Well there was that whole beating the crap out of Maxima and killing Superman thing. But anyways, who/what is the Void Hound?

guy222
Classic Fury FTW

Bentley
Fury eats the League... And then is OHKOed by Martian Manhunter.

grey fox
Originally posted by Bentley
Fury eats the League... And then is OHKOed by Martian Manhunter.

How.

Bentley
Well, the Fury evolves into the weakness of each JLA member and kills them with a mechanical effectiveness.

Lumby
fury EASY

Etrigan
Fury would slay the JLA and then take out another good portion of the DCU before being stopped. (By whom, I have no idea.)

id369
The Fury

grey fox
Originally posted by Etrigan
Fury would slay the JLA and then take out another good portion of the DCU before being stopped. (By whom, I have no idea.)

Omacs ?

Etrigan
Possibly. In fact, no, definitely.

Mindset
Fury would **** the omacs up

Etrigan
I doubt it. Considering that about half the DCU has already probably poured everything they have into fighting the Fury, the Fury wouldn't really have time to defeat them before the OMACs analysed its threat level and destroyed it.

Mindset
What are the omacs gonna do to Fury?

Etrigan
OMACs can replicate any other being's powers and use them against the being. They can analyse the opponent and bring up archives on them to target their weaknesses, as well as being able to revert humans who transform into superpowered beings (i.e. Marvel) back into their human form. I think an OMAC replicated Shazam's lightning once. (EDIT: Just checked Wiki and apparently yeah, this did happen.)

A few OMACs could bring down the Fury, considering that Fury couldn't destroy them all before it got analysed.

Mindset
OMACs can replicate any other being's powers and use them against the being. They can analyse the opponent and bring up archives on them to target their weaknesses, as well as being able to revert humans who transform into superpowered beings (i.e. Marvel) back into their human form. I think an OMAC replicated Shazam's lightning once. (EDIT: Just checked Wiki and apparently yeah, this did happen.)

A few OMACs could bring down the Fury, considering that Fury couldn't destroy them all before it got analysed.

I know what omacs can do, I asked how they could beat him, Fury survived universal destruction and couldn't be put down by MJJ. Fury would evolve and rule DCU. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Etrigan
How DID the Fury eventually get defeated? Because if five or ten OMACs were replicating Fury's power against it, then it would be utterly defeated.

Mindset
How DID the Fury eventually get defeated? Because if five or ten OMACs were replicating Fury's power against it, then it would be utterly defeated.

It was beaten after it killed MJJ, it was weakened then though.

Etrigan
Well it would be weakened from having fought the JLA, don't you think? So the OMACs could take it.

Mindset
Well it would be weakened from having fought the JLA, don't you think? So the OMACs could take it.

You're comparing MJJ to the JLA?

Etrigan
Nope. But the JLA and a good deal more of the DCU would be combining to attack the Fury with everything they've got. So I reckon that would be enough to even slightly put the Fury off its game, right?

illadelph12
I'm not sure the JLA can dish out the amount of punishment that Jaspers delivered to the Fury. Jaspers had warped the Fury with his powers numerous times to the point where Fury figured out the only way to defeat Jaspers was to teleport him extradimensionally to the realm of "Unspace" where he had no reality to warp. The problem with this method is that when the Fury teleports between dimensions it is severely damaged and needs to reform itself. When the Fury was defeated it had just traveled to Unspace and back, meaning it had travelled extradimensionally twice (to unspace, killing Jaspers, and then back to the Earth 616 dimension from Unspace) and was severely weakened. If The Flash were to try to bumrush the Fury into the Speedforce Dimension and then bring him back to the Earth Dimension he might be able to weaken it enough for the rest of the JLA to take it out.

That is, however, assuming that the JLA would know of this weakness, which isn't common knowledge, and also assuming that the JLA would attempt extradimensional battlefield removal. If they take the direct approach they're pretty much dead.

Mindset
Maybe, although MJJ could solo pretty much the DCU barring cosmics/multiversal reality warpers or anyone in that vine. So it's hard to say, also most of the DCU wouldn't be attacking him at the same time.

grey fox
Fury has only ever been harmed/killed on two occasions.

The first was by Zeitgeist a phaser unparalleled by ANY phaser in comicdom. Most phasers work by 'forcing' their atoms to slip in between the opposing objects atoms.

Zeitgeist isn't like that.

His whole existence is a mystery, he lives outside of time, space, reality and matter. Heck, his tangible form is still technically 'phased'. He tore through Fury like a hot knife through butter ; the poor bastard didn't know what him.

The second time was after the fury had killed Jasper, it had to reformat itself several times, warp reality AND jump between realities. This was an extremely draining process and weakneed the Fury to such a level that Captain Uk could then tear him apart.

The JLA can neither step outside of existence enough to Harm fury, nor can they weakne it without the aid of Bat-PIS.

Etrigan
The whole storyline and so much existence-jumping tends to give those who have not read it recently a mild headache.

So Grey Fox. You reckon that the JLA could not harm Fury at all without Bat-PIS due to their lack of existence-hopping/warping ability? Yet OMACs could? I'm not sure who you're supporting.

Cartesian Doubt
Umm Cyborgs shouldn't really hold up very well against the crrent League becasue of Firestorm. I mean whats the Fury going to do when it has been turned into a pack of Durex.

illadelph12
Change back.

Mad Jim Jaspers is a Universe Level Reality Warper and used that method of attack on the Fury already to no avail.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by illadelph12
Change back.

Mad Jim Jaspers is a Universe Level Reality Warper and used that method of attack on the Fury already to no avail.

How does a pack of Durex spontaneously turn into an unstoppable killing Robot, exactly ?

illadelph12
The same way The Fury was able to morph itself back to it's base form after Mad Jim Jaspers reality warped it into various objects in their battle.

No offense, but I'm assuming based on your responses that you've never read that Captain Britain Arc which introduced Mad Jim Jaspers and The Fury. I'll get the scans if it will help. I'm pretty sure it's in Mad Jim Jaspers Respect Thread if not The Fury's.

TricksterPriest
Actually, Jaspers and Fury have the same respect thread. stick out tongue

The JLA is screwed if it's classic Fury at his best. The dimension hopping didn't hurt him after the first time. And as previously said, Jaspers threw everything he had at Fury, and he couldn't put him down.

illadelph12
Here you go:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t441767.html

^That's a link to the respect thread which contains scans of the battle between The Fury and Mad Jim Jaspers. The Fury had evolved beyond the point where altering it's being would cause it harm:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7675/mjj40fq2.th.jpg

Cartesian Doubt
The same way The Fury was able to morph itself back to it's base form after Mad Jim Jaspers reality warped it into various objects in their battle.

No offense, but I'm assuming based on your responses that you've never read that Captain Britain Arc which introduced Mad Jim Jaspers and The Fury. I'll get the scans if it will help. I'm pretty sure it's in Mad Jim Jaspers Respect Thread if not The Fury's.

Why would i take that offensively ?

No i haven't. Its on my to read list.

Its doesn't really mention it, but Jim Jaspers reality warping powers are what allows the fury to come back to life, as he was the one who created the Fury in the first place.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Why would i take that offensively ?

No i haven't. Its on my to read list.

Its doesn't really mention it, but Jim Jaspers reality warping powers are what allows the fury to come back to life, as he was the one who created the Fury in the first place.

Most KMCers don't take well to disagreements and I'm the non-offensive type when I debate so I just tend to be polite.

As for the comment regarding The Fury, yes, he was created by Mad Jim Jaspers, but his abilities and existence are independent of Jaspers and not dependent of him. The Fury was created by the Mad Jim Jaspers of Earth 238 who was killed when that universe was nullified to eliminate the threat of Jaspers powers spilling over and warping the greater omniverse. The Fury survived the nullification of the universe and came to the Earth 616 dimension when it could sense across dimensions that Captain Britain of Earth 616 had been resurrected by Merlyn. The Jaspers that The Fury fought in those scans is the Earth 616 version, the mainstream Marvel Universe version that is actually exponentially more powerful than the Earth 238 Jaspers.

tkitna
The Fury would destroy the JLA. Maybe the whole DC universe.

Mindset
Well not the entirety of the DC Universe, not if it has to face full power Spectre.

Mr Master

I'm not sure the JLA can dish out the amount of punishment that Jaspers delivered to the Fury. Jaspers had warped the Fury with his powers numerous times to the point where Fury figured out the only way to defeat Jaspers was to teleport him extradimensionally to the realm of "Unspace" where he had no reality to warp.
thumb up

The problem with this method is that when the Fury teleports between dimensions it is severely damaged and needs to reform itself.
Not exactly ills,
the Fury can teleport across UniverseS easily,
and without any danger of being harmed.

It was the battle vs 616-Jaspers across UniverseS that actually weakened the Fury,
Jaspers was simultaneously warping and also attacking Fury physically.

When the Fury was defeated it had just traveled to Unspace and back,
meaning it had travelled extradimensionally twice
(to unspace, killing Jaspers,
and then back to the Earth 616 dimension from Unspace)
and was severely weakened. /QUOTE]
Actually good friend,
Fury was weakened by Jaspers in their cross multi-universal battle,
after finally killing Jaspers,
the Fury returned to 616, where it then was attacked by a member of the crazygang,
when the crazygang saw it had no affect on Fury, they ran for their lives,
then Captain Britain (Brian) attacked the weakened Fury,
and yet still was nearly killed by Fury,
then finally Captain UK while watching Brian nearly get killed went berserk,
and ultimately tore the severely weakened Fury apart.

If The Flash were to try to bumrush the Fury into the Speedforce Dimension and then bring him back to the Earth Dimension he might be able to weaken it enough for the rest of the JLA to take it out.

That is, however, assuming that the JLA would know of this weakness, which isn't common knowledge, and also assuming that the JLA would attempt extradimensional battlefield removal. If they take the direct approach they're pretty much dead.
You gave them too much ills,
this Flash tactic would have no affect on Fury,
since teleportation to Fury is not only harmless but in fact,
the Fury developed uber teleportation abilities as we saw during his fight with Jaspers.

...................................................................................

Btw.

What damaged the Fury the first time around when it traveled from 238 to 616,
was the journey itself, which Fury undertook in the physical sense withOUT teleportation,
Fury couldn't even teleport at this point.

But the Fury did have extra-dimensional senses.

illadelph12
Oh, ok. I suppose I misremembered that part. I thought that the Fury had teleported from the void of 238 after the nullification and arrived in 616 in an alley in London, and it was damaged badly by the journey and needed to reform himself so it took on materials from the surrounding area (and in so doing accidentally infected a bum with some form of mutation by taking some genetic material from him with a tendril). If it actually flew through the dimensional barriers and damaged itself rather than teleporting I misspoke. I guess the Speedforce attack wouldn't work.

JLA's screwed.

Mr Master
Originally posted by grey fox
Fury has only ever been harmed/killed on two occasions.
He was never really harmed the first time around,
only stalled beneath a small mountain.

The first was by Zeitgeist a phaser unparalleled by ANY phaser in comicdom. Most phasers work by 'forcing' their atoms to slip in between the opposing objects atoms.

Zeitgeist isn't like that.

His whole existence is a mystery, he lives outside of time, space, reality and matter. Heck, his tangible form is still technically 'phased'. He tore through Fury like a hot knife through butter ; the poor bastard didn't know what him.
Zeitgeist is no joke, and your account of his powers is right,
but Zeitgeist didn't defeat Fury.

Zeitgeist using his abstract physical self attacked Fury from the inside,
Fury couldn't detect Zeit (having an abstract form an all)
this confused Fury temporarily,
then Fury (while confused) was attacked simultaneously by Technet, & Captain Britain,
he was ultimately buried beneath a mountain, shortly after which he escavated himself,
and proceeded to menace some more.

I should add,
before Zeit attacked Fury,
the Fury was attacked by all the members of Technet,
including Scatterbrain (Fascination) who's touch has an Omniversal affect,
just her touch ... well, she literally dug her fingers into Fury's head,
and yet Fury adapted and owned her along with everyone else save Zeit.

The second time was after the fury had killed Jasper, it had to reformat itself several times, warp reality AND jump between realities. This was an extremely draining process and weakneed the Fury to such a level that Captain Uk could then tear him apart.
Again yall, only the battle with Jaspers weakened Fury.

And that really says it all,
let's not forget friends,
238 Jaspers > Matrix/Merlin
Matrix/Merlin = Omniversal power
616 Jaspers > 238 Jaspers

Mr Master
Darn, I noticed I made a booboo and mixed our posts:

Fixed!

When the Fury was defeated it had just traveled to Unspace and back,
meaning it had travelled extradimensionally twice
(to unspace, killing Jaspers,
and then back to the Earth 616 dimension from Unspace)
and was severely weakened.

Originally posted by Mr Master

Actually good friend,
Fury was weakened by Jaspers in their cross multi-universal battle,
after finally killing Jaspers,
the Fury returned to 616, where it then was attacked by a member of the crazygang,
when the crazygang saw it had no affect on Fury, they ran for their lives,
then Captain Britain (Brian) attacked the weakened Fury,
and yet still was nearly killed by Fury,
then finally Captain UK while watching Brian nearly get killed went berserk,
and ultimately tore the severely weakened Fury apart.

Mr Master

I thought that the Fury had teleported from the void of 238 after the nullification
and arrived in 616 in an alley in London,
and it was damaged badly by the journey
and needed to reform himself so it took on materials from the surrounding area
(and in so doing accidentally infected a bum with some form of mutation
by taking some genetic material from him with a tendril).
100% accurate.

You know me:

Here's Fury preparing for his journey,
as we can see,
the Fury is creating a jet-pack like apparatus on his back:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5108/fury1sl2.th.jpg

Which Fury never needed to teleport during his battle with Jaspers,
this was obviously for the purpose of propelling itself across realities.
................................................................................................................

When the 238 Universe was nullified,
as we know, Fury withstood the nullification,
but here we can see Fury travelling through the Void with its jet-pack:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6807/fury2ch4.th.jpg
................................................................................................................

Here we can see it was literally the physical journey itself that battered Fury:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1738/j1xo0.th.jpg

"It Arrived an Hour ago"

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5505/j2sa4.th.jpg

"It comes from Another Universe ... it's Journey was Not pleasant,
it no longer has Limbs"

I debated this specific scenario before with others,
some thought it was the nullification (though it survived) that damaged Fury,
but official Marvel Handbooks put that quickly to rest:

First there's the Official Marvel Handbook Fury bio 2006:

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/3931/f1ts5.th.jpg

"Fury modified itself to pursue (the preparation)
unbothered by the raging Reality Warp Jaspers' powers had precipitated,
it Survived the destruction of its Entire Reality"

(It didn't escape the destruction ... it Survived it)
...............................................................................................

This Marvel Official Handbook is even more blatant:

Alternate Universes - Crooked World (238 Reality)

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/233/furywithstoodod1.th.jpg

"The Fury withstood both the Jaspers Warp and the Destruction of its Reality,
subsequently making its way to Earth 616"
...............................................................................................

We know what "Withstood" means:

(remain undamaged or unaffected by)

Also,
the Fury "Subsequently made its way to 616."

We know what "Subsequent" means:

(coming after something in time; following)

So the Fury made its way to 616 AFTER it Withstood the nullification of 238. yes

So what did damage the Fury during it's journey?

That's a mystery folks. smile

grey fox
Originally posted by Mr Master

So what did damage the Fury during it's journey?

That's a mystery folks. smile

Perhaps the sheer rigours of physical Inter-dimensional Travel ? I mean Humans can die simply from breaking the sound-barrier, god-only-knows what forcing your way BETWEEN REALITIES could do.

grey fox

So Grey Fox. You reckon that the JLA could not harm Fury at all without Bat-PIS due to their lack of existence-hopping/warping ability? Yet OMACs could? I'm not sure who you're supporting.

A 'Classic' Jla roster has around 12-15 members at best with static powers. Their were (at their height) 1,373,462 OMACs. Each one can rapidly change powers.

Fury is incredibly powerful, no question there, but even the veritable God that is Superman can't take down over a million OMACs.

EDIT : Damn, double post.

tjcoady
Well, just to be an ass

The original poster just stated "the JLA"

so if we go by everyone who has ever been a member of the JLA:

The Phantom Stranger, multiversal-animal control Animal Man harnessing the combined powers of the Chronovore and the Red Sun Eaters, Zatanna (with the Merlyn spirit), the Spectre, The Resurrection Man, the Sandman(men) (Garrett Sandford-useless. Daniel-very useful., two Firestorms, four Green Lanterns, five Speedsters, Captain Marvel with the current Shazam-powers, Faith, Orion, Mr. Miracle, Barda

and the rest of the current/past League rosters...
could beat him.

But if we're just going with the current League, yeah, they don't stand a chance.

Etrigan
I think we just mean the current League.

But I'm still sticking with the fact that a good number of OMACs could beat the Fury.

starlock
JLA for the win

celestialdemon
Classic Fury would own the JLA. Current Fury loses.

tjcoady
Yeah, as to the above....

Wasn't the Fury brought down recently by like... four or five X-Men. I have the book somewhere, just really no clue when it took place or in what title. I'm sure Rachel Summers was there, but I can't remember who else. It was a tough battle but it certainly wasn't universe shaking.

illadelph12
The recent Fury was created by Jamie Braddock if I remember correctly. It wasn't the actual Mad Jim Jaspers created Fury, but looked and operated similarly.

skyfather
fury

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
]Fury would evolve and rule DCU. roll eyes (sarcastic) eek!

laughing

Mr Master
Originally posted by tjcoady

Wasn't the Fury brought down recently by like... four or five X-Men.
I have the book somewhere, just really no clue when it took place or in what title. I'm sure Rachel Summers was there, but I can't remember who else.
It was a tough battle but it certainly wasn't universe shaking.
That was a cheap copy created by Jamie Braddock to test the X-Men,
this weak version was nothing like the real Fury created by Jaspers 238.

And yet it still fought the X-Men to a standstill,
and Rachel (Phoenix avatar) with some help,
had to open a freakin mini black hole in order to drive it away.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/488/furydl7.th.jpg

guy222
Classic Fury FTW

Current Fury was pawned by Blink. JLA prolly wins against Claremont's version

K3VIL
The XSE team made of Sage, Bishop, Marvel Girl, Cannonball could barely slow it down, Marvel girl took a "sent into orbit" punch from the Fury and she was using her Phoenix powers, it took a singularity and great effort to defeat the Sentry.JLA has more powerhouses than the X-Men, considering there are people like GL in the roster, they could damage it enough to grant GL to BFR it.

MightyEInherjar
This would just be the fight with Amazo all over again.

Fury would steamroll most of the DCU.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.