Mercs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
If you could have a team of all Marvel and a team of all Dc mercenaries on your team, who would they be?
You can only have between 5-8 mercenaries.

The scenario these mercenaries have to be used in:

The Astonishing X-men have gone bad. They are holding Several Human political figures hostage and have threatened to execute them if certain demands aren't met.....

At the same time, The Fantastic Four are unveiling a device which will make most computer companies go out of business. A Press unveiling will take place by coincidence at the same time these hostages are being executed.

Shield has paid your team to stop these X-men and save the politicians.
The computer companies have paid your team to destroy the device.

Half your team must stop the X-men, half must sabotage the FF device thingy.

Who is on your team, who goes where and does what? how does it all happen?

Your characters must be all marvel or all dc. However you can create a Marvel and a dc team and see which one does the two tasks better..........

Oh and the characters must be feasible mercs like, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Sabretooth etc NOT like Superman or Thor, or Spider-man laughing out loud

K3VIL
Black Panther
Protocide
Captain America
Punisher
Solo
Agent Zero
Wolverine
Sabretooth

EsteemedLeader
Deathstroke, David Cain, Deadshot. That's all that's necessary...

Maestro
Bullseye
Slade
Taskmaster
USAgent
Sabretooth

supernatural
whatz the story on protocide?

K3VIL
Originally posted by supernatural
whatz the story on protocide?
Protocide was the first guy who received the supersoldier serum, tough it wasn't complete, and it put him into a sort of coma like state.
When he was resurrected from A.I.M. he was unleashed on Hydra, Cap and USAgent.
Tough the serum transform the subject in a peak human, Protocide showed to be more than that.He was at last Class 1 or 2 tons, he was more ruthless, bastard and his durability was slightly above that of Cap, and the skill was practically the same.
Deathstroke shouldn't be used in this fight.
He's not a street level, he's above that.
The guy is at last class 10/15 tons, he was able to hurt Wonder Woman and take shots from her, he's more than all the others.FAR MORE.

Orestes
DC Team:

Hitman (Tommy Monaghan)
David Cain
Deathstroke
Lady Shiva
Deadshot
Talia al Ghul (she broke into the Watchtower and was therefore the REAL force behind her father's plans in Tower of Babel -- all props to her for that)
Harley Quinn
Poison Ivy (they needed the money! stick out tongue)

Marvel Team:

Painkiller Jane (Event comics became Marvel Knights, and the last Painkiller Jane story featured her teamed with the Punisher ... so I'm considering her part of the Marvel universe wink )
The Punisher
Mystique
Bullseye
Deadpool
Domino
Taskmaster
Black Panther

willRules
cool, teams but how would the different scenarios play out? which team members would you send where?

Bear in mind things like, you wouldn't want people like Deadpool on the X-men mission because his loud mouth might blow your cover and the X-men would kill the hostages...

willRules
If I had a Marvel team, the mercs would be
Black Panther
Deadpool
Elektra
Nick fury
Black widow
Cable
Bullseye
Sabretooth

Black panther, Cable, Elektra and Bullseye will stop the X-men. Cable will try to scramble Emma Frosts mind at this point. altougth this will alert the X-men, at the same time, Elektra will be enter the hostage room, sneak stealthily up on Cyclops and impale him on a sai.
As bullseye engages Wolverine in combat, the other X-men (colossus, Shadowcat and beast) will try to help.
Emma Frost is still in Psychic combat with cable.
In the Hangar, Black Panther gets into the X-jet and drives it outside, Elektra goes outside and gets into the x-jet. once this is done, the X-jet crashes into the mansion taking out colossus and beast. Wolverine and Shadowcat have just taken down Bullseye. The Xjet then lands on Wolverine crushing him and taking him down for a while. This leaves Emma frost by herself who is eventually taken down.

At the FF convention Fury, Sabretooth, Deadpool and black widow lie in hiding. Nick Fury fires a single shot from a high pressured localised armour piercing close range rifle. the shot passes straight through the things head. Sue storm is the first to react covering herself in a force field.Natasha Romanoff is hiding in the shadows, she finds the device and destroys it. Deadpool waits till torch flies overhead, then Wade uses his sword to slice open a fire hydrant. dousing Torch. When jonny is flame off, wade puts several bullets in him. Whilst fury is throwing bombs at reed, Sue rushes over to help her husband and is gutted by sabretooth. Deadpool grabs hold of reed and uses his teleporter to teleport half of reed with him......

supernatural
Originally posted by K3VIL
Black Panther
Protocide
Captain America
Punisher
Solo
Agent Zero
Wolverine
Sabretooth

who is solo?

xmarksthespot
Uh.. you can't have Wolverine on a team considering he's part of the Astonishing X-Men.

Any team has to have a telepathic or telepath-immune merc otherwise they will get thoroughly mindraped by Emma and any team has to have someone like Sabretooth or Agent Zero considering their adamantium would be the only thing to take down an intangible Shadowcat.

wannabe
Marvel:
-Mystique (quite resistant against telepathy,skills and brains)
-Cable (psionics)
-Sabretooth (quite resistant against telepathy and good muscles)
-Cage (muscles)
-Elektra (skills)
-Vanisher (transport)

more than six would be too much for such a coup...imo!

xmarksthespot
Mystique is resistant to her mind being read. I don't recall that extends to resistance to psionic attack.

wannabe
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Mystique is resistant to her mind being read. I don't recall that extends to resistance to psionic attack. Quite true, but when it comes to infiltration (her part of the job) being undetectable for telepaths is much more valuable than being resistant to their attacks. Against the latter my team has Cable and Sabretooth anyway.

xmarksthespot
Well you have to split your team between the two tasks. Mystique, Sabretooth and Cable vs Astonishing X-Men. Colossus can take Sabretooth. Mystique can do nothing to Shadowcat. The rest vs Cable.

I don't see Cage, Elektra and Vanisher taking down the FF either.

If you have to save all the hostages in order to win the scenario it'd be damn near impossible, considering how easy it would be for any of Astonishing X-Men to kill the hostages.

K3VIL
Originally posted by supernatural
who is solo?
Solo is a vigilante with ability to teleport at considerable distances instantly.
His body was also enhanced transforming it into the peak of the human physical condition, like that of Captain America, and he is also a master in hth combat, fireweapons, guerrilla, and many other things.
He acts mostly as a counter terrorist, and like the Punisher, this guy shows no mercy.

wannabe
Well you have to split your team between the two tasks. Mystique, Sabretooth and Cable vs Astonishing X-Men. Colossus can take Sabretooth. Mystique can do nothing to Shadowcat. The rest vs Cable.

I don't see Cage, Elektra and Vanisher taking down the FF either.

If you have to save all the hostages in order to win the scenario it'd be damn near impossible, considering how easy it would be for any of Astonishing X-Men to kill the hostages. I admit that the odds are heavily against my team, but since my recources are somewhat limited here (don't know so many that would qualify for merc)...
Perhaps six are not enough after all...i add Solo to tha team.

Vanisher, Cable, Sabretooth, Cage against the X-Men...
Surprise-attack... Vanisher teleporting them in...Cable (massive tk) and Sabretooth (beastial rage), Cage (going all out) are holding off the others for a second or two (don't have to win eventually), buying some time for Vanisher to get the hostages out.

Mystique, Elektra, Solo against the FF-device...
Pure infiltration by Mystique and Solo and diversion by Electra and Solo (playing hunted prey) or something...no direct combat planned.

xmarksthespot
I don't think TK works well if at all on phased Shadowcat I vaguely recall something about the sword Excalibur and Jean Grey and a lake? As they appear the Astonishing X-Men would act on instinct, Emma would go into diamond form, Colossus would probably be armoured up a TK blast shouldn't stun either that much. Besides I don't know how Cable's going to do omnidirectional TK without harming the hostages. Emma shut's Cage and Vanisher's brains off. Shadowcat phases Cable halfway into the floor. Colossus takes down Sabretooth.

wannabe
I don't think TK works well if at all on phased Shadowcat I vaguely recall something about the sword Excalibur and Jean Grey and a lake? As they appear the Astonishing X-Men would act on instinct, Emma would go into diamond form, Colossus would probably be armoured up a TK blast shouldn't stun either that much. Besides I don't know how Cable's going to do omnidirectional TK without harming the hostages. Emma shut's Cage and Vanisher's brains off. Shadowcat phases Cable halfway into the floor. Colossus takes down Sabretooth. I already admitted that the odds are heavily against my team.
But the advantage of the surprise is always worth something if planned and used properly. tk-pushing the X-men is not omnidirectional and is not at all meant to harm anyone, just to move and distract them. Sabretooth is mainly in the team to take on Kitty after the first second/s. Cable will project telepathic static then and tk-ing whatever moves (he will probably lose some control over the virus but who cares). Cage covers up those Cable misses, if possible.
Again: They are not supposed to win at all, just to buy Vanisher one or two seconds to get the hostages out!

willRules
Wow there are some good ideas coming up here I have already said my team and how they would win. I had to sacrifice Bullseye to fight the x-men and Deadpool had help from the enviroment to beat torch in my scenario.....

XMarksthespot is coming up with some good reasons on why the mercs would lose. Xmarksthespot who is on your team and how would the events unfold so that your team completes their two missions?

xmarksthespot
Haven't decided.
Agent Zero would be useful to take out Shadowcat with adamantium bullets, and Wolverine with anti-healing factor.

Against the FF I think wannabe's Mystique plan would work.

Oh and sorry Will but imo Cable, Elektra and Bullseye wouldn't get the hostages out.

willRules
Yeah I thought I was stretching it a bit far, but assuming Black panther can drive a jet its possible........

supernatural
david cain

supernatural
my bad let me finish. david cain, ravager, batman, lady shiva, and does bane count.

willRules
yes Bane can count but who would do which missions and how would it play out..........

willRules
Anyone?

willRules
BUMP

willRules
Come on!!! BUMP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.