Star Wars video games of the future?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ganner Rhysode
What Star Wars games can we see in the future? I know we have Battlefront II coming out in November, and Empire at War in February... But besides that?

Does anyone know if there's any plan, discussion, or even possiblity of the original trilogy being remade as a game?

Captain REX
Meh, the OT's been integrated with everything as a game. erm

I still haven't played Battlefront, but I want an FPS on an engine similar to Call of Duty or Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault. I'm expecting that you don't 'feel the kick' when you fire.

xxxpoppunker182
KOTOR 3

Lord-Nihilus
If anyone has payed attention to Nintendos revolution and the control for it, its possible to make the most realistic sword fighting game ever, so imagine the possibilities, the next star wars game could use the technology to see who would be the best lightsaber fighter out of all of us.

overlord
We can expect virtual reality: Life of R2.

Tru_Slice
Dude. remeber JKA? It was good, but it was not polished at all. Imagine a new JKA for the next-gen console systems. Imagine how good-looking saber fights would be. ESPECIALLY with nintendo's new TV-remote/controller.

Spelljammer
STAR WARS: SITH ATTACK.
I just thought of that name on the fly, but expect a game where it will be like Diablo, or some other form of RPG where you can game with players over the net. You could choose between the classes introduced in the d20 SW system and pick your race. Infact, it will be alot more closely related to the real SW d20 then KotoR was..

The great thing is if they made it like SW d20, no ****ing n00bs with thier "/33t Jedi, PK ok?" would be seen, and it would actually capture the feel of Star Wars as you solve puzzles and work together as a team to stop the "forces" of evil. Though if they make The Force into a powerful, easily obtainaible thing like in most games, you'll hate every minute of it..

Nactous
I need KotOR 3!!!!!

Darth_Rankkor
A would have a great time playing a star wars game in the ways of GTA San Andreas wink

Tru_Slice
There is actually a GTA mod where you can have a lightsaber.

I found it on a Russian site.

Those guys can do anything.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Lord-Nihilus
If anyone has payed attention to Nintendos revolution and the control for it, its possible to make the most realistic sword fighting game ever, so imagine the possibilities, the next star wars game could use the technology to see who would be the best lightsaber fighter out of all of us.

That would actually be the worst thing ever.

Deus Ex
Not fair for kids either.

Proper hand eye coordination needs time to grow. You'll have twenty year olds pwning little kids left and right.

Not to mention broken controllers EVERYWHERE.

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Not fair for kids either.

Proper hand eye coordination needs time to grow. You'll have twenty year olds pwning little kids left and right.

Not to mention broken controllers EVERYWHERE.

We already have 20 yr-olds pwning little kids on Halo.

Adults are just better at games dude.

overlord
Just like alien meets predator, there will be Star Wars Star Trek games in the future, this is true, George Lucas told me himself.

Ushgarak
Seriously- the actually wield a sabre thing? TERRIBLE idea. it will take you 10 seconds to work out that trying to do it for real (presumably being forced to stand still as well) would be not one whit remotely like the choreographed, styised fights of the movies.

Relaly really really bad idea...

Julie
I hope there's a game focused on the NJO material but I doubt it

Lana
Ugh, I hope not....

Sorgo
Grand Theft Auto: Star Wars style.

Walking around as a Jedi or Sith, stealing Speeders, Ships and Sandcrawlers! Hehehe!

Walking around chopping random people up with your lightsaber, or becoming a bounty hunter and disentagrating fools that get in your way.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/droolio.gif

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by overlord
Just like alien meets predator, there will be Star Wars Star Trek games in the future, this is true, George Lucas told me himself.

Are you actually Shadow or are you just drunk?

overlord
Yes, it is me. The legendary SS, foremost mega genius of our times, you have no idea how mucho I rock. And slightly drunk.

Star Wars video games of the future? Super duper mega multiplayer through all of space and all planets, maybe even in the era of choice, and me being uber sith. Youzay!

Julie
Why be evil when you could use your vast powers to heal an ailing universe?

overlord
What do you mean evil? I just like electrocution!

Julie
Most people would view that as slightly on the evil side

overlord
Just imagine all the noob/padawans flying though the air when they get annoying! oh.. Wish it could be true..

DenKi
After playing Episode 3 Multiplayer i dont see why they havnt made a Kinda Statwars Beatem up, somthing like street fighter/tekken style but in totaly 3d and EVERY SINGLE Jedi/Sith who you can choose to fight with.

that would be immense.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Julie
Why be evil when you could use your vast powers to heal an ailing universe?

why heal a corrupted universe when you can reduce it to ashes and build something new? :P

Deus Ex
Originally posted by DenKi
After playing Episode 3 Multiplayer i dont see why they havnt made a Kinda Statwars Beatem up, somthing like street fighter/tekken style but in totaly 3d and EVERY SINGLE Jedi/Sith who you can choose to fight with.

that would be immense.

Yeah, a Star Wars game that brings together all the characters of the series (Everyone from Kun to Luke to Chewbacca) and melts them into a game that is both action-team oriented and duelling versus oriented. If they did it right, it'd be a bigger, better seller than KOTOR II or ROTS the game ever was.

But then what do I know? I don't own a game company.

Deus Ex
Explaination on that; it would have multiple game modes.

FistOfThe North
A Star Wars Sports game, lol

Earthly sports games meaning,.. Like Basksithball, Maceball where you'd use a lightsaber as a bat......... no?

well screw you guys then! Team Mario did it..

lol

Deus Ex
Star Wars Party?

lol... But that would be no fair... Mace would punk the jedi at basketball.

Sorgo
Star Wars Party?

lol... But that would be no fair... Mace would punk the jedi at basketball.

LANDO WOULD PWN!

Deus Ex
Yeah, if it was a malt liquor commercial, or Beat Yo Wife duel.

Sorgo

Did you check your Yahoo Mail for the linkage?

Nice Siggy, BTW.

FistOfThe North

I take it you don't like African-Americans, lol.

Sorgo
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I take it you don't like African-Americans, lol.

No, he is utilizing a stereotype to create a pun.

Deus Ex
Actually, Billy Dee did both of those things. I thought it was common knowledge.

And checking the email here in a bit.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Sorgo
No, he is utilizing a stereotype to create a pun.

makes sense.

if he feels stereotyping blacks in that way for pun creating hey...,

to each his own.

All im doing is taking....

Deus Ex
Actually, Billy Dee did both of those things. I thought it was common knowledge.

And checking the email here in a bit.

Little slow on the uptake there, eh?

FistOfThe North
You Are A Narcassist If You:

Quote your ownself.

DarthMaul9123
i heard there was a game of all six into one ultra long game

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
We already have 20 yr-olds pwning little kids on Halo.

Adults are just better at games dude. nah dude at halo 2 and rots i can pwn anybody i won a tournament against highshcoolers elementry and adults on rots but not halo2 but i beat my bro and all his college buddies on halo2

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
why heal a corrupted universe when you can reduce it to ashes and build something new? :P that is the greatest statement i have heard since forever

Sorgo
How about a game where you blow planets up for hours? HOW ABOUT THAT SHIT? HUH? HOW DOES THAT SOUND?

Freaks.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Sorgo
How about a game where you blow planets up for hours? HOW ABOUT THAT SHIT? HUH? HOW DOES THAT SOUND?

Freaks.
It's already under way.

I personally think it's gonna be better than the KOTOR series and Battlefront 2.

Out of the many things you can do in the game, having the option to use the Death Star is one of them as you'll see in the trailer i offer.

The game's called "Empire at War" and it's due out in Feb of '06. Check it out..

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar/indexFlash.html#Gallery.Trailers

Deus Ex

Quote your ownself.

lol... don't engage in a pic war with me, dude. I would own your ass.

FistOfThe North
lol... don't engage in a pic war with me, dude. I would own your ass.

Relax..no pic wars. you don't want another warning do you...lol

i don't either. my other thread was closed cause of it and i'm already on the on the lamb.

i wanna be a good boy, i just good of a 2 week ban too, lol

no thanks to you. Yup you Janus...so chill. i come in peace.

Happy Dance

Tru_Slice

Quote your ownself.

LOL! laughing

Tru_Slice
Here's one for you both:

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Here's one for you both:

I need no one.

Deus Ex
lol!

Truce, FOTN. .. For now. *Insert Sith cackle here*

overlord
As we all know, I work at Lucasarts. Next year I will release my next game "Tasmanian jedi", it will revolve taz with a lightsaber killing out planet for planet, from Otah Gunga to Nar Shaddaa, everybody has to die, it will replace your computer card games as your favorite relaxation game.

Tres genius of moi. thumb up

Tru_Slice
I really need another JKA...I'm getting tired of all these mods...

FistOfThe North
lol!

Truce, FOTN. .. For now. *Insert Sith cackle here*

Truce.

Julie
yea....peace....lets get back to video games:-)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.