So, what's up with the botched prequel soundtracks?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ganner Rhysode
Now, I'm not saying the prequels had bad music. Oh, not at all, it was fantastic. What I AM saying, though, is that the soundtracks they're releasing are very... Not what I'd like. When they released the IV, V, and VI soundtracks, they were FULL soundtracks. Two discs, about 11-13 tracks each, that added up to EVERY song that was in the movie, in the order they appeared, and they clocked out to be just about as long as the movie's screen time.

Yet, with the prequels, we get these crappy one disc releases of some of the movies "major" themes, and many of the songs are cut down and shoved together with multiple other songs in the same track. I think this was a very poor decision, and I'm wondering if there's any plan on releasing full Episodes I, II, and II soundtracks.

Thoughts?

Canadadude
they probaly will release the full soundtracks for the PT. I agree that the one disc soundtracks are not worth the money.

Tangible God
The Executive release the "botched" so everyone will flock and buy them. The buyers find out about the "botchedness" and are dissapointed and angry. The Executives play on this and release the better one, so everyone re-buys their soundtrack. That's twice the money the Executives would make than if they just released the good one first.

Dan Skywalker
I thought Episode Is ultimate soundtrack had already been released? But i agree id love to have the full ROTS soundtrack it was awsome

Joseph_Kerr
Ganner... the two disc sets were only released with the special edition version of films IV-VI. The original soundtrack were single discs (or lp's at the time if you want to get technical). The Phantom menace was put out as a single disc until they decided to put out the double disc set. AOTC double disc is complete, but Lucas informed Williams not to put it out. There is no explanation for the delay.

Gryn Jabar
Bought the ROTS original soundtrack, kicked ass, but I'm going to wait until they release the "full SW set", including all the DVD's and sountrack.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.