The O-OT on DVD petition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi-kev
Right, this probably is the most important thing in your lives. As Star Wars fans we should support the cause and sign the petition to get the original theatrical cuts of the Star Wars Trilogy that you saw as a child.

www.originaltrilogy.com

support the cause

McCusto
I support this thread being in the right place.

www.movethisdamnthread.com

Support the cause!

jedi-kev
No, I want to hear opinions on the Prequel fans

Jedi Priestess
I already have the O-OT on dvd stick out tongue

Ast
Doesnt bother me, I have the trilogy Box Set, and I love it.

Jedi Priestess
got that too, but they are the SE's which are.........well......bleh

jedi-kev
Yeah I have top quality bootlegs JP. Still an official release just is way better and really a must

Ast
I dont worry about the changes, A New Hope is still A New Hope, and the same goes for the others. Maybe its because I didnt see the OT in theaters.

Some of the complaints about the SE's have weight, but alot are just annoying ass people bitching about something they believe is owed(sp) to them.

jedi-kev
"A New Hope is still A New Hope"

hmmm I'm not too sure but did I see a CG jabba or an alien shooting first? Man I think I really must have forgotten what the original 1977 version looked like again.

"Some of the complaints about the SE's have weight, but alot are just annoying ass people bitching about something they believe is owed(sp) to them."

True, but I do feel these people do care the original movies they saw as a child and many who hated how this sort of tinkering had been done to their movies.

The Ones
people say that the pt was aimed at kids. well all of these people saw movies that were aimed at there age (yes, when they were kids) and they loved it. think about the next genration and your selves

Ast
The thing is, the petition isnt going to work, and when the HD-DVDs come out there will be even more changes.

Hell, he is already changing the PT.

Three Owls
I'm ok with all the changes, save the ****ing annoying song at Jabba's palace in RotJ. Luke's scream as he falls in Empire was terrible but they axed that for the SE DVD's.

-edit-:since when do "cuss-words" get *'d out? **** that.

OB1-adobe
I had this guy ( and yes he was an old fogy) come into my work looking for "star wars" .

So I gave him the box set, and he was like "no, no, no..Its called star wars, it came before the empire strikes back and return of the jedi or whatever, before this "episode" stuff."

He was some ass hole customer who thought he knew more than I did, especialy about star wars, and you guys have known me for quite a while.

I had to explain to him that he was an idiot, and the world has changed since 1977 and he left all pissed.

laughing

jedi-kev
well he probably was a dedicated fan to the original star wars trilogy. who can blame him

McCusto
Why did you say I am not a Star Wars fan? All I said was that this was in the wrong area!

LOL!

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Ast
I dont worry about the changes, A New Hope is still A New Hope,

errr no, it isnt. The SE's had one advantage in my opinion and that was better color. The rest of the changes I could have easily done without.

jedi-kev
thank god, a sensible poster

Captain REX
Originally posted by Three Owls
I'm ok with all the changes, save the ****ing annoying song at Jabba's palace in RotJ. Luke's scream as he falls in Empire was terrible but they axed that for the SE DVD's.

-edit-:since when do "cuss-words" get *'d out? **** that.

The board automatically does that. Any efforts to sidestep it will result in warnings. wink

JediRobin23
would the orginals include the original Jabba scene, when he is human form. Because, if it was then it wont make sense.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
errr no, it isnt. The SE's had one advantage in my opinion and that was better color. The rest of the changes I could have easily done without.
Totally agree with ya JP, ALL the changes are uneccesary. I can live with them (well, most of them), but I don't think they improve the films AT ALL... in fact in some cases they lower the quality of them.

Originally posted by JediRobin23
would the orginals include the original Jabba scene, when he is human form. Because, if it was then it wont make sense.
Was that scene in the Original release? No. And it's a pointless scene anyway and basically just repeats everything we heard in the Greedo scene (which they also botched).

chinabing
I've got the O-OT on dvd too, from ebay somebody finally made a reasonably-priced quality copy from the Laserdiscs and I nabbed a copy before Ebay shut him down. They appear all the time.

Only thing I wish it had was the original "Close the blast doors" line, which was in the theater copies, cut from the vhs set for years, then added back in for some of the official SEs and DVDs! Now if somebody could cut & paste that bit into a good copy, I'd be sold!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.