Marvel Teleapaths vs. DC Telepaths

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Marvel Telepathy's

vs.

Dc Telepathy's

willRules
Phoenix kills Dc

xavier alone with or without cerebra is a huge threat as already mentioned in that vs thread......

Sentry
Moondragon, Dr. Strange, Xavier, Nate Grey, Sersi, Man Beast, Exodus, Adam Warlock... Marvel wins...

Mainstream
Originally posted by Sentry
Moondragon, Dr. Strange, Xavier, Nate Grey, Sersi, Man Beast, Exodus, Adam Warlock... Marvel wins...

and do you recall the most bad a$$ Telepath of all ........the names god like Cable....REMEMBER IT

Sentry
Originally posted by Mainstream
and do you recall the most bad a$$ Telepath of all ........the names god like Cable....REMEMBER IT

My bad... sad Cable was a freaking monster with his telepathy/telekinesis.

the Darkone

Damn sentry you forgot, sersi, thena, ikaris, rachael summers, emma frost, apocalypse wink

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by the Darkone
Damn sentry you forgot, sersi, thena, ikaris, rachael summers, emma frost, apocalypse wink

vs. Martian Manhunter

Mainstream

don't worry about it brother...no harm shall come to you...yet....nana

Superherovandal
and Hector Hammond and Dr. Fate and more I can't remember.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Superherovandal

lol I forgot about Dr. Fate.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Mainstream
don't worry about it brother...no harm shall come to you...yet....nana

Hey Mainstream! wink

Avalonofthewind

Despero, Dr. Psycho, Aquaman with upgrades, Max Lord.

Trying to remember other Psychics in DC...

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Despero, Dr. Psycho, Aquaman with upgrades, Max Lord.

Trying to remember other Psychics in DC...

How the hell did I forget Aquaman? huh

Cosmic Cube
Does Eclipso count as a psychic, Avvy? (Although he is evil.)

Ultimate Ion
Braniac(s), Psimon, Guardians of the Universe, The Thinker, Gorilla Grodd, Despero, Aquaman, The Looker, Saturn Queen, Imra, Universo, Neurax, Tellus, Raven, Brainwave, Crazy Jane

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
Braniac, Psimon, Guardians of the Universe, The Thinker, Gorilla Grodd, Despero, Aquaman, The Looker, Saturn Queen, Imra, Mentallia, Universo, Neurax, Tellus, Raven, Brainwave, Crazy Jane

Holy sh*t.

Superherovandal
oh yeah and maxima and others i can't remember.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
How the hell did I forget Aquaman? huh

you no doubt made the common mistake that many make..."all he can do is talk to fish" which is false..he can mental link with human too.

what about Raven of Teen Titans fame..she's a telepath isn't she?

Avalonofthewind
Does Eclipso count as a psychic, Avvy? (Although he is evil.)

Hmm.. I guess if Strange and Fate made the list, Why not?

Solidus Snake
Holy sh*t.

holy shit indeed

and here i was thinking marvel would romp them

Avalonofthewind
How about Phantom Stranger, and Shazam (actual Wizard) and Dominus?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
holy shit indeed

and here i was thinking marvel would romp them

DC's got quite a few good telepaths, but nothing to stand up against the Phoenix. Even withouth the Phoenix, Marvel still has the Goblin Queen, Cassandra Nova, Grandmaster, Adam Warlock, Thanos, and a truckload of other uber telepaths.

Superherovandal
you really can't count Phoenix as she is force of Creation. don't count out DC. with people like the Guadians, Phantom Stranger, Shazam, Dominus, Dr Fate, MM, who are also uber and

Cosmic Cube
you really can't count Phoenix as she is force of Creation. don't count out DC. with people like the Guadians, Phantom Stranger, Shazam, Dominus, Dr Fate, MM, who are also uber and

Fair enough.

Well, even if you don't count in the Phoenix, DC's got a huge deficit to make up for. whereas we've named about 20 DC Telepaths. It would be a hard fight, considering the fact that we've named about 20 DC telepaths, and about 40 of Marvel's.

Heck, we haven't even counted in the Eternals, and the Uni-Mind. It's gonna take hella convincing to sway my opinion.

Superherovandal
Guardians of the Universe you know little blue guys and one of which is in the Quintessence. He defeated the Spectre, Phantom Stranger another Quinessence, Shazam well you know who he is, Dominus so powerful when he takes over ones mind he makes their nightmares a reality. He made Superman take over the Earth. Dr. Fate who is more powerful a telepath then MM. MM who is much greater in power than the Proffessor.

Ultimate Ion
Can't believe I forgot Ion. He had telepathic powers too. smile

Anyway, I don't think Team DC would win the majority since they are outnumbered but it's hard to compare. Telepathy is much more of a focal point in Marvel than DC. Hell, Martian Manhunter is beyond Xavier in telepathic prowess but he usually fights with his physical powers.

I'd probably give DC around 4/10 if this is simply a battle of the minds. Maybe a 5. The Guardians along with the Quintessence is no joke.

Cosmic Cube
Guardians of the Universe you know little blue guys and one of which is in the Quintessence. He defeated the Spectre, Phantom Stranger another Quinessence, Shazam well you know who he is, Dominus so powerful when he takes over ones mind he makes their nightmares a reality. He made Superman take over the Earth. Dr. Fate who is more powerful a telepath then MM. MM who is much greater in power than the Proffessor.

It seems that Marvel wins because of sheer numbers, but you've got to look at power levels, not just the masses. In terms of telepathic prowess, I'd put Dr. Fate on the same level as Doctor Strange.

Superherovandal
who happens to be greater than Xavier.

GalacticStorm
It seems that Marvel wins because of sheer numbers, but you've got to look at power levels, not just the masses. In terms of telepathic prowess, I'd put Dr. Fate on the same level as Doctor Strange.

You're back!! eek!

How ya doing CC long time no C wink

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
You're back!! eek!

How ya doing CC long time no C wink

Just fine, thank you! wink

Cosmic Cube
who happens to be greater than Xavier.

If you don't count in the Phoenix, you've got a relatively good fight on your hands, but I'm leaning towards Marvel, since telepathy is such a focal point.

Superherovandal
I'm saying that it would be a tie or a slight victory to Marvel due to numbers. but the numbers are the advantage of Marvel.

leonidas
<<If you don't count in the Phoenix, you've got a relatively good fight on your hands, but I'm leaning towards Marvel, since telepathy is such a focal point.>>

i don't know. don't forget all the white martians who are VERY strong. AND there are a LOT of them. + all the guardians who (outside of phoenix) are likely more powerful than any marvel telepaths. i MIGHT just give the fight to dc . . .

Superherovandal
oh yeah I totally forgot about the martians and in that case don't forget mageddon too.

Sentry
Originally posted by leonidas

i don't know. don't forget all the white martians who are VERY strong. AND there are a LOT of them. + all the guardians who (outside of phoenix) are likely more powerful than any marvel telepaths. i MIGHT just give the fight to dc . . .

Phoenix is still practically more powerful than any DC telepath smile

Maggedonn? Didn't MM enter his mind or something like that?

Hmmmm... Adam Warlock/Magus > Martian Manhunter

White Martians.... Hmmmm.... Dr. Strange > Moondragon W/Mind Gem > White Martians

Guardians... Hmmmm... Phoenix > Guardians/Despero/Maggeddon big grin

golem370
Mesmero,Shadow King,Mastermind,Manslaughter,Madame Web,Oracle

golem370
What about Dormammu- Dormammu can manipulate his magical power to accomplish a vast number of feats: interdimensional teleportation, size transformations, time travel, elemental control, telepathy, matter transmutations, energy manifestations from extraordinary powerful bolts of magically-constructed beings, and many other. Further, he is of sufficient might to be able to cancel out or tamper with the magic of others. (For example, he once caused Thor to revert to his former mortal guise of Don Blake in spite of Odin's enchantment.)

RSSR
And you have to account for The Watchers, especially the females...

golem370
And Galactus.

Metalmanx
I'll have to disagree with the statment "MM is a more powerful telepath than Xavier".

No, won't have it.

Xavier is much more powerful.

Counter me.

Jargon343
Cyborg Superman also has a form of telekenesis.

xmarksthespot
Telepaths listed so far. Some I thought of. And some I found in an old KMC thread.
Marvel
Moondragon, Thanos, Dr. Strange, Xavier, Nate Grey, Man Beast, Exodus, Adam Warlock, Mesmero, Shadow King, Mastermind, Manslaughter, Madame Web, Oracle, Franklin Richard, Cable, The Stranger, The Watchers (females), Rachel Summers, Goblin Queen, Roma, Gamesmaster, Mister Sinister, Overmind, Presence, Supreme Intelligence, Proteus, Legion, Bedlam, Cassandra Nova, Black Queen (Selene), Psylocke, Umar, Sersi, Sundragon, Mento, Fixx, Artie, Gateway, Karma, Moonstar, Mesmero, Revanche, Sage, Stepford Cuckoos, Thena, Ikaris, Apocalypse, Topaz, Agatha Harkness, Cela, Caliban, M, Mantis, Typhoid Mary, Vamp, Chamber, Quentin Quire, Blaquesmith, Elias Bogan, Dark Mother/ Finality, Fonatelle, Lady Mastermind (x2?), Galactus, Eternals, and the Uni-Mind, Merlyn, Ms Steed, Mutant Alpha, Martha (brain in a jar), Empath
the Mind Gem and Cerebro

DC
Despero, Dr. Psycho, Aquaman, Max Lord, Braniac, Psimon, Guardians of the Universe, The Thinker, Gorilla Grodd, Despero, Aquaman, The Looker, Saturn Queen, Imra, Mentallia, Universo, Neurax, Tellus, Raven, Brainwave, Crazy Jane, Shazam, Dominus, MM, Phantom Stranger, White Martians, Mageddon, Ion

Would be interesting. Numbers make me lean towards Marvel.

Avalonofthewind
Phoenix is still practically more powerful than any DC telepath smile

Maggedonn? Didn't MM enter his mind or something like that?

Hmmmm... Adam Warlock/Magus > Martian Manhunter

White Martians.... Hmmmm.... Dr. Strange > Moondragon W/Mind Gem > White Martians

Guardians... Hmmmm... Phoenix > Guardians/Despero/Maggeddon big grin

Having Phoenix in there is as unfair as having spectre, imps, and the true Angels in this fight who I haven't forgotten about...

jffxex1980
Sorry DC fanboys boy Marvel takes this. This is Marvel's forte. There are too many psions to count in Marvel

willRules
wow thank you metalmanx you are the only one in this thread to point out people are underestimating Xavier....again!!

leonidas
take out phoenix because it's stupid (or throw in lucifer and michael who also possess unltd psionic powers), then this is extremely close. nothing fanboy about it. numbers? are you kidding? there are THOUSANDS or white martians, each at manhunter levels.

i still say dc takes this if phoenix is taken out or evened off by including lucifer and michael.

wannabe
Sh*t, it's always these damn White Martians! With a whole race of MM-level telepaths DC wins naturally, IF you think taking in a whole race of NAMELESS high level telepaths is more justified than taking in Jean.

Namor
Jesus has telepathy and he's on the side of Marvel. ( Hint, hint I'm being facetious. )

willRules
does xavier get cerebra? If he does, then many, many,many Dc telepaths are instantly killed............

leonidas
i doubt it. hector hammond could likely match xavier even WITH cerebro. and wm's ARE acceptable because they are only mortals. phoenix is should be seen as a multiversal force, not a freakin' telepath. include an avatar if you want (rachel summers or something), but to include the pf itself is silly in this type of discussion.

willRules
Why is that cos it wins?

wannabe
He has a point.
When we add Wite Crown Phoenix to the Marvels, we should also add Lucifer and/or Michael to the DCs...and they would cancel eachother out.

And yes, adding the White Martians is legitimate...but it has no style, because it's adding mass instead of characters.

willRules
True......

supremthor
ya forgit that darksied in his pre-crisis days was a mega teleph. fare above minds like strange and prof x.

Cosmic Flame
I don't think Strye is in the list above. I agree that Jean should be out, but Rachel is fair game (and her power is immense). Hell, throw in all the Askani as well. And don't forget Starthief.

Avalonofthewind
Hmm, I can't believe I forgot to add the eradicator to that list.
Starro the conquerer
and Matrix Supergirl (she's still around somewhere)

http://spider-bob.com/gods_monsters/dc/images/Starro02.jpg

leonidas
<<And yes, adding the White Martians is legitimate...but it has no style, because it's adding mass instead of characters.>>

i agree whole-heartedly, but most seem to think (and the thought has been prevalent in this forum for a long time) that marvel telepaths greatly outnumber dc's telepathic characters and so marvel wins. they don't. if the thread was EARTH telepaths, i'd easily concede the win to marvel, but it's dc's v marvel's -- all inclusive, though again, i think bringing in cosmics like phoenix and michael and lucifer is rather silly.

leonidas
<<Why is that cos it wins?>>

er, no. because it's pointless. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Metalmanx
Originally posted by willRules
wow thank you metalmanx you are the only one in this thread to point out people are underestimating Xavier....again!!

Not a problem at all, my friend. Just doing what needs to be done.

What happened to the respect and for and understanding of Xavier around here anyway?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
I don't think Strye is in the list above.I've read Stryfe isn't a telepath only a telekinetic - but am not sure of that. So I left him out for now. Is Onslaught allowed?

As for the White Martians (and Watcher females etc) imo nameless amorphous masses of characters shouldn't really be included.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I'll have to disagree with the statment "MM is a more powerful telepath than Xavier".

No, won't have it.

Counter me.

MM faced some Shadow being that was a threat to heaven in a telepathic battle and won. He went in Maggedon's mind without being totally being mind raped. Mageddon is way more powerful than Xavier with Cerebra. He could easily make the earth against each other. and fate, hector hammond, Guardians who each are thousands times greater than Xavier and all of the Xmen telepaths combined (obviously excluding Phoenix) Shazam (see guardians). And others i don't know

Metalmanx
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I've read Stryfe isn't a telepath only a telekinetic - but am not sure of that. So I left him out for now. Is Onslaught allowed?

As for the White Martians (and Watcher females etc) imo nameless amorphous masses of characters shouldn't really be included.

I agree completely. Cuz, if they wanna do that, there are literally thousands of powerful telepaths on the planet in Marvel. They just aren't all characters in the comics.

If they wanna bring in the martians, we can pull this card.

And I think Onslaught should be allowed.

the Darkone
Yes Onslaught is allowed, Onslaught will f**k up the white martians him damn self. Hell even sersi will own them she can increase her mental out put at high levels her and man-beast are only a few beings that can probe adam warlock mind.

Overmind and Interloper the two top notch eternals in mental powers out put will DC telepathy's like a bunch of b***hes.

Jargon343
Can the Linear Men get in on this fight? I know they can read minds, futures and pasts and stuff like that.

long pig
Strange+Eye of Agamotto=Immunity to telepathy....he can give other people immunity along with himself.

Only Agamotto level telepaths can break it.

evil face

xmarksthespot
Imo I don't think any masses of unidentified individuals should be considered but that's up to the thread starter.

long pig
Depends.

Is this Marvel EARTH vs D.C EARTH?

Or Universe?

xmarksthespot
Thread starter never specified. I don't think White Martians and female Watchers etc should be included when actual named characters (Jean Grey) aren't.

powerfulone1987
Marvel Telepathic Characters would win.

Ever heard of Xavier? I have.

long pig
How about Earth vs Earth?

Sounds easier.

Jargon343
Do the Linear Men count?

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by long pig
How about Earth vs Earth?

Sounds easier.

Im just going to say it

what the f

u

dge..........................

long pig
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Im just going to say it

what the f

u

dge..........................

Learn to read and you'd know what I'm talking about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyways, other than this fool, Marvel Earth vs DC Earth is much easier to gauge. Otherwise, it'll end up in the cosmic end telepaths.

King_Mungi

Anyways, other than this fool, Marvel Earth vs DC Earth is much easier to gauge. Otherwise, it'll end up in the cosmic end telepaths.

Indeed, I agree this should be how the fight is judged.

However, are we going with earth born telepaths or any telepath that live on Earth?

wannabe
1) I'd say earth born teeps AND those who usually work on earth will do just fine.
2) No abstracts or those who became their equal.
So MM an Rachel are in; White Martians, female Watchers and Phoenix are out...for example.
3) We should use only those with active telepathic abilities, so no Prodigy, Caliban or the likes...this is "VERSUS", so the talent should be a little more complex and offensive then mutant detection etc.!

This is my Marvel list so far (feel free to change it):

Adam Warlock
Agatha Harkness
Bedlam
Black Queen (Selene)
Cable
Cassandra Nova
Chamber
Charles Xavier (Onslaught)
Dr. Strange
Empath
Elias Bogan
Exodus
Franklin Richards
Goblin Queen (Madelyn Pryor)
Lady Mastermind 1,2
Legion
M
Mantis
Martha (brain in a jar)
Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)
Marvel Girl (Rachel Grey)
Mastermind
Mentallo
Mesmero
Moondragon
Moonstar
Mutant Alpha
Proteus
Psylocke (old version)
REM
Sage
Sersi
Shadowking
Stepford Cuckoos
Sundragon
Typhoid Mary

Unfortunately i'm not up to date with DC low profile teeps, so i leave this List to someone else! smile

long pig
Mutant Alpha reached Godhood and beyond a long time ago. The last I heard he was semi cosmic wandering the cosmos.

Juntai
There was an enemy in DC who telepathically dominated an entire section of the universe....I'm trying to recall the name... but obviously he's above most listed so far.

And about Xavier and Cerebro, I believe in his stay with Magneto that he said he surpassed Cerebro and doesn't even need it anymore.

wannabe
Originally posted by Juntai
There was an enemy in DC who telepathically dominated an entire section of the universe....I'm trying to recall the name... but obviously he's above most listed so far.]New parameters...remember?smile
1) I'd say earth born teeps AND those who usually work on earth will do just fine.
So MM an Rachel are in; White Martians, female Watchers and Phoenix are out...for example.
3) We should use only those with active telepathic abilities, so no Prodigy, Caliban or the likes...this is "VERSUS", so the talent should be a little more complex and offensive then mutant detection etc.!
And about Xavier and Cerebro, I believe in his stay with Magneto that he said he surpassed Cerebro and doesn't even need it anymore. Which issue was that?

Juntai
New parameters...remember?

My bad, I didnt' read every post in the thread.

willRules
Not a problem at all, my friend. Just doing what needs to be done.

What happened to the respect and for and understanding of Xavier around here anyway?

well I started a respect xavier thread but hardly anyone went on it..........so much overrated wolverine, Batman. So much underrated Xavier, Nightcrawler etc etc..............

Mainstream
Originally posted by wannabe

Adam Warlock
Agatha Harkness
Bedlam
Black Queen (Selene)
Cable
Cassandra Nova
Chamber
Dr. Strange
Empath
Elias Bogan
Exodus
Franklin Richards
Lady Mastermind 1,2
Legion
M
Mantis
Martha (brain in a jar)
Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)
you don't need all those marvel losers..God like Cable would mop the floor with all the DC telepaths...the names Cable...REMEMBER IT!

wannabe
clap GO CHARLY GO clap professorx

But honestly...on this kind of thread the single telepaths (and willRules, you know that i'm a Xavier fan) do not count very much on their own...not even Charles or MM.

Mainstream
the names Nathan Christopher Dayspring Askani Charles Xavier Scott Summer the 2nd or Cable...

REMEMBER IT!

willRules
clap GO CHARLY GO clap professorx

But honestly...on this kind of thread the single telepaths (and willRules, you know that i'm a Xavier fan) do not count very much on their own...not even Charles or MM.

I know you are big grin

the Darkone
Since this is my thread let me make some things clear, let's keep it on earth and cosmic no abstracts. That means no galactus, spectre, phantom stranger, archangels michael, mourning star luicfer etc.

willRules
well then marvel wins. Xavier has cerebra which is enough to take out many many Dc telepaths, not including the other Marvel telepaths..........

jffxex1980
Xavier, Jean, Emma, and Cable can telepathically fry all of their synapses put together. U kidding me?

willRules
There are many, many more than just those four.......

leonidas
<<Anyways, other than this fool, Marvel Earth vs DC Earth is much easier to gauge. Otherwise, it'll end up in the cosmic end telepaths.>>

that's what i said a lonnnggggg time ago. and as for sersi and interloper beating the white martians . . . you MUST be kidding. why, because they're eternals? no and mm is more powerful than xavier as is hamond who can affect extraplanetary bodies -- something x can't do. the new limits of aquaman are also unknown. i still agree marvel earth beast dc earth, though i don't think it's the slaughter some do.

if you have no knowledge of dc's telepaths and their abilities, don't bother weighing in. one more uneducated 'marvel wins' doesn't help marvel's cause.

Avalonofthewind
There was an enemy in DC who telepathically dominated an entire section of the universe....I'm trying to recall the name... but obviously he's above most listed so far.

And about Xavier and Cerebro, I believe in his stay with Magneto that he said he surpassed Cerebro and doesn't even need it anymore.

That could be Starro.. he's so powerful that Daniel (DC Sandman) had to get involved.

Avalonofthewind
<<Anyways, other than this fool, Marvel Earth vs DC Earth is much easier to gauge. Otherwise, it'll end up in the cosmic end telepaths.>>

that's what i said a lonnnggggg time ago. and as for sersi and interloper beating the white martians . . . you MUST be kidding. why, because they're eternals? no and mm is more powerful than xavier as is hamond who can affect extraplanetary bodies -- something x can't do. the new limits of aquaman are also unknown. i still agree marvel earth beast dc earth, though i don't think it's the slaughter some do.

if you have no knowledge of dc's telepaths and their abilities, don't bother weighing in. one more uneducated 'marvel wins' doesn't help marvel's cause.

And Despero is so powerful that he was able to own both MM and Aquaman telepathically...so he's basically in a league of his own now.

powerfulone1987
Learn to read and you'd know what I'm talking about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know how to read. And guess what I still have to say to your comment, yeah read this:

What the f

u

dge...........

Marvel=DC
I'd love to hand this over to marvel because telepathy is their forte but a few questions first on is this some sort of battle where you just take all of them and put them on a planet or will it be on the astral plane? varied places will have varied results if it's on earth it will come down to more than telepathy in which case I can see DC winning because most of there telepaths have huge advantages (uber strength,speed,etc) not to say marvel doesn't it's just if the white martians are involved you'll have millions of them running around. If the battle takes place on the astro plane it's fair game there's an equal chance either side will win (I lean a little bit more to marvel) there's also the chance the could get destroyed and then everyone dies. Also I defiantly don't underestimate Prof. X but when he taps into strange alienish minds you know what happens and DC is filled with them. also in the numbers argument Marvel has more well known telepaths therefore you can name them individually and get more DC doesn't so you'd have to name them as a group i.e. the white martians (who alone out number them) and then you throw in everyone else. Also are people using regular ole Charles or Onslaught or both because if that is allowed then what about MM when he became the Burning. Having him there could cause a chain reaction for all the other martians and then I could defiantly see DC winning.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Marvel=DC
I'd love to hand this over to marvel because telepathy is their forte but a few questions first on is this some sort of battle where you just take all of them and put them on a planet or will it be on the astral plane? varied places will have varied results if it's on earth it will come down to more than telepathy in which case I can see DC winning because most of there telepaths have huge advantages (uber strength,speed,etc) not to say marvel doesn't it's just if the white martians are involved you'll have millions of them running around. If the battle takes place on the astro plane it's fair game there's an equal chance either side will win (I lean a little bit more to marvel) there's also the chance the could get destroyed and then everyone dies. Also I defiantly don't underestimate Prof. X but when he taps into strange alienish minds you know what happens and DC is filled with them. also in the numbers argument Marvel has more well known telepaths therefore you can name them individually and get more DC doesn't so you'd have to name them as a group i.e. the white martians (who alone out number them) and then you throw in everyone else. Also are people using regular ole Charles or Onslaught or both because if that is allowed then what about MM when he became the Burning. Having him there could cause a chain reaction for all the other martians and then I could defiantly see DC winning.

Hah! Nice username! wink

Don't forget groups like the Eternals, who are just as huge as the martian populance, and all of whom are telepaths, most of which are omega level. Remember the Uni-Mind. There are quite a few telepathic races in Marvel. This isn't DC vs the X-Men (sans the Phoenix, of course.) wink

Marvel=DC
Hah! Nice username! wink

Don't forget groups like the Eternals, who are just as huge as the martian populance, and all of whom are telepaths, most of which are omega level. Remember the Uni-Mind. There are quite a few telepathic races in Marvel. This isn't DC vs the X-Men (- Phoenix.) wink

That's what I'm saying people named sersi when they just could have said the eternals. By mentioning them separately it makes it seem as though marvel has like a billion and DC have like twenty.

Glad you like the name! I was gonna pick Cosmic Cube smile

leonidas
<<Don't forget groups like the Eternals, who are just as huge as the martian populance,>>

since when? i thought there was only about 30 of them. most left earth, and even then it's not known how many there were. since then, their pop has stayed stable for a long time because they almost never have kids. least that's the way i thought it's always been unless something much more current has happened to change things . . .

and eternals have mental control over their own bodies -- that doesn't translate necessarily to the kinds of telepathic powers being discussed here. many eternals are NOT that powerful -- depends on potential and training.

the Darkone
<<Don't forget groups like the Eternals, who are just as huge as the martian populance,>>

since when? i thought there was only about 30 of them. most left earth, and even then it's not known how many there were. since then, their pop has stayed stable for a long time because they almost never have kids. least that's the way i thought it's always been unless something much more current has happened to change things . . .

and eternals have mental control over their own bodies -- that doesn't translate necessarily to the kinds of telepathic powers being discussed here. many eternals are NOT that powerful -- depends on potential and training.

Sersi, Ikaris, thena, Phastos, Interloper, Overmind, Thanos, Zuras, haven metal powers some higher than others. sersi is one of two beings that can mind rape adam warlock. Eternals can increase there abilities at will even their mental powers. Eternals are very underrated

xmarksthespot
I thought we took out nameless characters and were only focusing on named characters. Why are the white martians back in the picture?

the Darkone
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I thought we took out nameless characters and were only focusing on named characters. Why are the white martians back in the picture?

Trying to give Dc an edge, knowing damn well that they will get mind rape by by exodus, sersi, xavier within seconds.

xmarksthespot
Well the unnamed Eternals as a group shouldn't be allowed either, only named ones, although I'm unsure about the Uni-Mind since technically it's a named character. And the female Watchers should be taken out too.

psy_blade

Adam Warlock
Agatha Harkness
Bedlam
Black Queen (Selene)
Cable
Cassandra Nova
Chamber
Dr. Strange
Empath
Elias Bogan
Exodus
Franklin Richards
Lady Mastermind 1,2
Legion
M
Mantis
Martha (brain in a jar)
Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)
Mastermind
Mentallo
Mesmero
Moondragon
Moonstar
Mutant Alpha
Proteus
Psylocke (old version)
REM
Sage
Sersi
Shadowking
Stepford Cuckoos
Sundragon
Typhoid Mary

Unfortunately i'm not up to date with DC low profile teeps, so i leave this List to someone else! smile

Oracle
Onslaught
Mr. Sinister
Xorn
Thanos
Taisman
Lilandra

even Apocalypse, Magneto and Elektra are telepaths.

Sirius77
I think that dominus, despero and grodd are enough, lol.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sirius77
I think that dominus, despero and grodd are enough, lol.

Enough for what?

Sirius77
Originally posted by Mindset
Enough for what?

I was just imlying that they were very powerful. But seiously, marvel probably does have mor straight up telepaths, but I think that DC has some that are powerful enough that numbers wouldnt matter. Like starro and the others named earlier in the thread.

Papa Smurph
Jesus Christ DC gets stomped.

TricksterPriest
that huge list named? Mageddon would mindrape everyone on it.

OneDumbG0

No, won't have it.

Counter me.
Originally posted by willRules
wow thank you metalmanx you are the only one in this thread to point out people are underestimating Xavier....again!! Both quoted for the mofo'in turth. Still a lot of people think that J'onn is not only above Xavier, but clearly outclasses him, even in spite of Xavier's respect thread. In terms of sheer power, number of minds tapped/controlled, distances spanning feats and taking on abstracts and cosmic entities, Xavier is by no means outclassed. And when it comes to low showings, J'onn has definitely been on the short end of that stick.
MM faced some Shadow being that was a threat to heaven in a telepathic battle and won. He went in Maggedon's mind without being totally being mind raped. Mageddon is way more powerful than Xavier with Cerebra. He could easily make the earth against each other. and fate, hector hammond, Guardians who each are thousands times greater than Xavier and all of the Xmen telepaths combined (obviously excluding Phoenix) Shazam (see guardians). And others i don't know Did Mageddon even try to fight with J'onn? That whole "pierce the veil of Mageddon" feat has been repeated so ad nauseam, I've forgotten why people believe it's so impressive in the first place. As I read it, he just communicated with Superman via a telepathic link when Mageddon was trying to fill Superman with despair. Anybody want to fill me in? I'm bein honest here.

And about Xavier and Cerebro, I believe in his stay with Magneto that he said he surpassed Cerebro and doesn't even need it anymore. Which stay with Magneto, and when did this happen? They still make frequent use of Cerebro in present comics. I'm pretty sure there's still telepathic interference on Marvel Earth.

ABCyclops
Marvel concentrates on TP more than DC for the most part, but that doesn't mean they're more powerful.

I'd like to get some feats, because scanning planets, creating beings, mind wipes, etc... are some high end feats, but DC has beings that do that as well.

I'm also going to throw in

The Telepath (LEGION)
Saturn Girl (comes from a PLANET of talented mind beings)
Scanner (has scanned ENTIRE Galaxies with TP)
MR. MIND
Validus
Manchester Black

TricksterPriest
Let's not bring Mr. Mind into this.........otherwise we're not gonna have a universe left over. nosweat There's no telepathic counter to him eating the entire space-time continuum.

Validus isn't exactly a telepath. He fires mental lightning, but he doesn't have telepathy. And he's completely immune to TP.

golem370
Watchers
Uni-Mind
Overmind
High Evolutionary
Psi-Lord
Modok
Shadow King

celestialdemon
Also missing:

Selene
Nate Grey
Krakoa
Supreme Intelligence
Hyperstorm
Star Thief (the one Warlock faced)

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Also missing:

Selene
Nate Grey
Krakoa
Supreme Intelligence
Hyperstorm
Star Thief (the one Warlock faced)

Still not enough to bring down Mageddon. stick out tongue

celestialdemon
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Still not enough to bring down Mageddon. stick out tongue

What about Hunger?

Mindset
Psi-Lord beasts him alone.

ABCyclops
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Let's not bring Mr. Mind into this.........otherwise we're not gonna have a universe left over. nosweat There's no telepathic counter to him eating the entire space-time continuum.

Validus isn't exactly a telepath. He fires mental lightning, but he doesn't have telepathy. And he's completely immune to TP.

I'm talking about the OG Mr. Mind. He'd scare MOST beings.

I'm also throwing in The Union for DC. This being had the minds of thousands. He wrecked Superman.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by ABCyclops
I'm talking about the OG Mr. Mind. He'd scare MOST beings.

I'm also throwing in The Union for DC. This being had the minds of thousands. He wrecked Superman.

Uhmm the Hunger, ripped through Galactus' mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.