New Thunderbolts vs Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
DEFENDERS:
Dr. Strange
Namor
Savage Hulk
Silver Surfer
Valkyrie
Nighthawk
Hellcat

VS

NEW THUNDERBOLTS:
Atlas
Songbird
Speed Demon
Blizzard
Radioactive Man
Genis-Vell
Mach IV

WHO WINS?

long pig
You've got two of the most powerful people in the universe on one team and you've got song bird on the other.

Who do YOU think wins?

Ultimate Ion
laughing

ScarletSpider
The Thunderbolts stand a better chance than you'd think. Chen Lu absorbed an atomic bomb, I'm sure he could weaken the Hulk by sapping his energy.

If Genis can keep Strange and Surfer busy for a minute, I think the less powerful members of the Defenders could be taken out with adequate teamwork, and then Dr. Strange, Surfer and Namor could be taken out from there. If she gets an opening, Songbird can fill Dr. Strange's lungs with solid sound and expand it, or Genis can shift his molecules through intraspace and render him unconscious (despite his great mystical abilities, physically Strange is still human).

I think it depends largely on Surfer and Genis. If Genis can take out Norrin, then the T-Bolts stand a chance of winning. If Surfer wins, the T-bolts go down.

armandovalles
Genis is definitely superior to Surfer. Genis toyed with King Thor, who is equal to Odin, who nearly killed Surfer in one blast.

So Genis > King Thor = Odin >>>>>>> Surfer

kgkg
Originally posted by armandovalles
Genis is definitely superior to Surfer. Genis toyed with King Thor, who is equal to Odin, who nearly killed Surfer in one blast.

So Genis > King Thor = Odin >>>>>>> Surfer

Well how about this

Odin > Surfer

Surfer > Genis

Genis > King Thor

Genis never beat SS.

And remember he was one of the guys trying to stop the defender in the order series with almost all marvel heroes

That’s how powerful the Defenders are

armandovalles
no dude Genis wasnt there, only Legacy was there. Legacy was Genis when he was a kid and had no control over his powers.

kgkg
Originally posted by armandovalles
no dude Genis wasnt there, only Legacy was there. Legacy was Genis when he was a kid and had no control over his powers. ?

I just check he was there Order check the series he is one of the guys trying to Stop the defenders

And no SS defeated both Legacy, and Genis

He was toying Lagacy while back, when SS defeated marvell he called himself Genis much later near end of v3

yahman
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
The Thunderbolts stand a better chance than you'd think. Chen Lu absorbed an atomic bomb, I'm sure he could weaken the Hulk by sapping his energy.

If Genis can keep Strange and Surfer busy for a minute, I think the less powerful members of the Defenders could be taken out with adequate teamwork, and then Dr. Strange, Surfer and Namor could be taken out from there. If she gets an opening, Songbird can fill Dr. Strange's lungs with solid sound and expand it, or Genis can shift his molecules through intraspace and render him unconscious (despite his great mystical abilities, physically Strange is still human).

I think it depends largely on Surfer and Genis. If Genis can take out Norrin, then the T-Bolts stand a chance of winning. If Surfer wins, the T-bolts go down.

Good post. This is definitely alot more even than it looks.

Atlas takes Namor (out of water)
Radioactive man takes Hulk no problems
Gennis Vs Surfer (Surfer usually wins, but we'll come back)
Strange vs Speed Demon Mach IV and Songbird = They get battered until Radioactive man shows up.

Defenders win, but it would be close. smile

armandovalles
Dude, Genis would wipe the floor with Surfer. Surfer is equal to Thor, Genis toyed with King Thor!!!!!!!

ScarletSpider
He didn't really toy with Thor at all. They shot each other, once. Neither was greatly affected. Although I think Genis would be a better mach up for Surfer than he was last time they encountered one another, he has a better handle on his powers, and has demonstrated some new tricks with the intraspace photons lately.

armandovalles
no dude he toyed with him Genis was playing around while King Thor was trying as hard as he could to hurt him. Genis couldve dodged Thor's hammer very easily if he wanted to but he was acting cocky and instead put up a forcefield which Mjolnir broke threw but Genis couldve killed him if he wanted to all he wanted to do was talk but he was getting a little annoyed with people sticking things in his face which is why he blasted Thor, not cuz he wanted to hurt him, just to get him to stop threatening him. If Genis wanted he couldve killed King Thor.

thesilverspider
i really dont think so regular thor is a match for genis so a more powerful one will kill him but it wasnt much of a fight now was it

ScarletSpider
They fought for all of two minutes, it was inconclusive at best. Thor can do more than just throw his hammer. If he powered it up and walloped Genis in the face with it, we'd have one less Captain Marvel to worry about. I don't think we can adequately decide who would beat whom by a small five panel display.

thesilverspider
exactly but just think about it classic thor can maybe beat him so its just common sense a more powerful one will murder genis

armandovalles
dude where are u getting this information that classic Thor can maybe beat him? show me proof.

thesilverspider
there is always a possibility and thor has fought against uber powerful guys who can surely own genis he has fought ego surfer thanos hela the asgardian destroyer celestials he probably didnt beat them all but he held his own genis is an upstart classic thor will beat him 6/10

K3VIL
Genis toyed with King Thor.It wasn't Rune King Thor, but still a SKYFATHER.
Genis showed to be able to manipulate time and space and use his energy manipulation and absorption abilities to a degree his father never had.
He was far above the Class 15 tons of strenght, sure he can reach the Class 100 rank, he can fly FTL, his reflexes are incredible and his Cosmic Awareness make him an incredible enemy, cause he can counter most of the things his enemies can do to him and kill them on a whim.This guy was absorbing a specific radiation from a STAR in the negative zone to heal back Rick Jones effortlessy.
He's no more the cocky rookie with energy blasts, strenght and fly, he's MORE THAN THAT.FAR MORE.
He'll probably stomp both Surfer and Strange especially without prep time for Strange, cause he showed he can absorb magical energies as well as cosmical and other wavelenghts.
Radioactive Man is in the Class 100 range too, this guy throw down with Classical Thor more than once, can produce heat, light, radiations, concussive force, and enhance all of his physical skills, plus create force fields even able to STOP Mjolnir.

kgkg
Originally posted by K3VIL
Genis showed to be able to manipulate time and space and use his energy manipulation and absorption abilities to a degree his father never had.
He was far above the Class 15 tons of strenght, sure he can reach the Class 100 rank, he can fly FTL, his reflexes are incredible and his Cosmic Awareness make him an incredible enemy, cause he can counter most of the things his enemies can do to him and kill them on a whim.This guy was absorbing a specific radiation from a STAR in the negative zone to heal back Rick Jones effortlessy.
He's no more the cocky rookie with energy blasts, strenght and fly, he's MORE THAN THAT.FAR MORE.
He'll probably stomp both Surfer and Strange especially without prep time for Strange, cause he showed he can absorb magical energies as well as cosmical and other wavelenghts.
Radioactive Man is in the Class 100 range too, this guy throw down with Classical Thor more than once, can produce heat, light, radiations, concussive force, and enhance all of his physical skills, plus create force fields even able to STOP Mjolnir.
Stomp? Didn’t do that in Order, neither did Strange have much respect for the guy , he whould rather have SS.

armandovalles

ONCE AGAIN K3VIL I AGREE WITH U TOTALLY.

K3VIL
Originally posted by kgkg
Stomp? Didn’t do that in Order, neither did Strange have much respect for the guy , he whould rather have SS.
Did they fought this Genis?:

http://perso.wanadoo.es/powerful/captainmarvelmarvel.jpg
http://hyperion2000.free.fr/Bios/CaptainMarvel3.JPG
Cause this is the uber one that will stomp them.

armandovalles
yea that's the one that toyed with King Thor. That one is a ****ing beast. Plus he's ruthless cuz of his insanity from Entropy so he doesnt give any remorse.

kgkg
Did they fought this Genis?:

http://perso.wanadoo.es/powerful/captainmarvelmarvel.jpg
http://hyperion2000.free.fr/Bios/CaptainMarvel3.JPG
Cause this is the uber one that will stomp them.
Nope they didn't might that one.

Am talking about Genis as Captain Marvel (original looks)

K3VIL
Originally posted by kgkg
Nope they didn't might that one.

Am talking about Genis as Captain Marvel (original looks)
The current Genis is the one that changed back into a good guy after his experience as a mad guy with cosmic powers.
He still remembers and can do all the stuff he has done in his madness journey.

armandovalles
yea we know but before he went mad he couldnt.

ScarletSpider
Thor was King of Asgard at the time that they fought, but he wasn't in control of the Odin power, thus he fought a classic level Thor.

Also, where did you find Class 100 listings for Genis? He sure didn't display Class 100 durability when Atlas beat the shit out of him awhile back. Also, same for Radioactive Man, he's strong, but not Class 100, his major power is his manipulation of radiation for various effects.

Also, I suggest you READ Captain Marvel volume 4 #s 7 and 8. Genis flies to Asgard, shoots Heimdall, gets in a barfight with lower end Asgardian citizens (only about three-four times stronger than an average human), thinks he can take Mjolnir, gets hit by it because his force fields don't measure up, then shoots Thor, who shrugs it off and promptly shows up again, unfazed, next issue. The rest of it is him talking to Sturm and Drang, then showing Thor a possible future with his cosmic awareness.

Genis can do some sweet stuff, and I think he can be on the Thor/Surfer level if he puts his mind to it, but he's not going to beat them easily, or all of the time.

armandovalles
no Genis even stated when they were talking that Thor new that Genis wasnt lying because of the powers he inherited from his father, the Odinforce.

ScarletSpider
Yeah, sorry, I took part of the text to mean he only had some vestiges of the power, and thought it was during the interim when he lost the Odinforce. My bad.

armandovalles
he had all of the Odinforce and was in full control of it. There's no getting around that. Volstagg if i remember correctly even called him King. Therefore it truly is King Thor, no disputing that. And Genis stalemated him. That puts Genis way above SS.

ImmortalOne
Dude, its really Strange that you leave Strange out of this Strange Strange match, now isn't that Strange ? I just strangely said the word Strange for Strange amount of times in one Strange sentence !!!

long pig
Song bird is going to get past a field to infect Strange's lungs that Galactus didn't get through?

It's an easy victory on the Defenders side.

Talk about reality control, Strange and Surfer have it in spades.

Step one. Stop time. Step two. banish genis and the rest. Step three. Win.

ScarletSpider
No, I said if Songbird gets a chance to attack Strange, he goes down. Like, if he'd eaten at Denny's the night before, and he was starting to have explosive rim burning hershey squirts diarhea, then Songbird would have an opening in his forcefields and could take him down.

long pig
No, I said if Songbird gets a chance to attack Strange, he goes down. Like, if he'd eaten at Denny's the night before, and he was starting to have explosive rim burning hershey squirts diarhea, then Songbird would have an opening in his forcefields and could take him down.
Very possible seeing Dennys is the worst diner on earth. mad

Strange and Surfer could always merge powers again, that'd end it right there.

ScarletSpider
That was a dumb Busiekian plot device. It's not like they get together for tea every week and combine powers for kicks and giggles.

K3VIL
Thor was King of Asgard at the time that they fought, but he wasn't in control of the Odin power, thus he fought a classic level Thor.

Also, where did you find Class 100 listings for Genis? He sure didn't display Class 100 durability when Atlas beat the shit out of him awhile back. Also, same for Radioactive Man, he's strong, but not Class 100, his major power is his manipulation of radiation for various effects.

Also, I suggest you READ Captain Marvel volume 4 #s 7 and 8. Genis flies to Asgard, shoots Heimdall, gets in a barfight with lower end Asgardian citizens (only about three-four times stronger than an average human), thinks he can take Mjolnir, gets hit by it because his force fields don't measure up, then shoots Thor, who shrugs it off and promptly shows up again, unfazed, next issue. The rest of it is him talking to Sturm and Drang, then showing Thor a possible future with his cosmic awareness.

Genis can do some sweet stuff, and I think he can be on the Thor/Surfer level if he puts his mind to it, but he's not going to beat them easily, or all of the time.
Very wrong man.
Thor wasn't at his Classical self level.
Odin Power empower his body, he cannot use it with mastery like at the end of Ragnarok, but he's still a skyfather, he throwed down with Desak, fighting dumb, but still managed to survive his blasts and god slayer powers, tough he needed Thialfi's aid to finish him.
Mad Genis, the one which faced King Thor and become a soldier of Kree Imperial Army, tap fully into his powers, normal Genis, just use it in a good manner, very good, but he usually hold back, even when he goes all out he's not on the level of his mad self, cause his mad self just use his powers to do whatever he wants.
He wanted to teleport into a Shi'Ar starship undetected through bending time and space, he did it.Simple.

ScarletSpider
"Yeah, sorry, I took part of the text to mean he only had some vestiges of the power, and thought it was during the interim when he lost the Odinforce. My bad."

That's me quoting myself as apologizing for being wrong. Why don't you open your ****ing eyes.

K3VIL
"Yeah, sorry, I took part of the text to mean he only had some vestiges of the power, and thought it was during the interim when he lost the Odinforce. My bad."

That's me quoting myself as apologizing for being wrong. Why don't you open your ****ing eyes.
SS calm down I've always respected you it's not needed to be so ****ing aggressive, I just replied u without scrolling down the topic anymore.

ScarletSpider
I know, man, sorry to be aggressive, but this forum is so damn annoying. What's punctuation or tact? Who cares, it's KMC!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.