Wonder Man versus Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
pretty evenly matched

armandovalles
Wonder Man. Wonder Man, when it comes to power and stuff is pretty much the same thing as Hercules except with the ability to fly, and faster than IM at that. IM's screwed.

thesilverspider
ironman has a very good chance with his ranged attacks he can take wm out

armandovalles
WM is much faster than IM all he has to do is dodge a few blasts and get a hold of IM and IM is finished.

thesilverspider
ironman has shields and is stronger he has a very good chance of taking wm down wondermans only chance is getting up close and getting some very good shots in but it aint like ironman going to just stand there he is gonna fight back with his repulser and unibeams

Sentry
Wonder Man has beaten Iron Man on constant occasions. Wonder Man has taken on the whole damn Avengers on more than one occasion. Wonder Man will crush him. Not easily. But if Wonder Man gets pissed, it'll be fast.

Wonder Man is sorta like a weaker version of the Hulk who can easily reach flight speeds of escape velocity(Mach 33), to Iron Man's Mach 7... Iron Man has blasted him before. Only pissed him off more. Long range capabilities equals delayed death for Iron Man.

armandovalles
Originally posted by Sentry
Iron Man has blasted him before. It only pissed him off more

LoL that explains it right there perfectly that Iron Man has no chance at all in this fight. Wonder Man in his first ever appearance took down the whole Avengers team at once: That's Cap, Thor, IM, Giant Man, Wasp, amd Hawkeye all at once!!!! Iron Man has no chance here, WM's a beast. So, overall, what im trying to say is, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YA SENTRY!

roughrider
A pretty even match, fought mostly in the air for manuverability. Tony's edge is firepower and long-ranged attacks, Simon edges in strength and speed; resistence to injury about the same. Wonder Man wins 6-7/10.

armandovalles
Originally posted by roughrider
A pretty even match, fought mostly in the air for manuverability. Tony's edge is firepower and long-ranged attacks, Simon edges in strength and speed; resistence to injury about the same. Wonder Man wins 6-7/10.

No dude read Avengers #6. That's the first ever appearance of Wonder Man. He takes down all of the Avengers! Including Thor! That put WM at Thor-level!!!!!!! If WM and IM fought 5,000 times, WM would probly win 4,999 of them.

roughrider
And Iron Man has knocked out the Hulk in h2h; he's a heavyweight, and those special weapons he can pull out, like sonic jammers that make you sick and throw up, plus his heavy arsenal and force-field.

armandovalles
WM is made of pure ionic energy he wont be effected by sonic jammers of anything like that. Plus i wonder how strong IM's forcefield is, cuz i gotta tell ya, if WM flies full speed into it with his fist extended, one way or another WM aint stoppin lol.

roughrider
Could be - I did give the edge here to Simon more often than not; Iron Man is no slouch, is all.

yahman
I dont think Iron man has anything powerful enough to put wonder man down. smile

Sentry
If Iron Man had his Asgardian Powered Armor, he'd probably take it 10 times out of 10. Hulkbuster armor wouldn't do Iron Man any good either. Wonder Man can still trash the Hulk Buster unit. Not easily, but he can take him.

IM's only chance is find some way of siphoning off WM ionic energy. Even if he does find a way, WM's body is constantly flowing with ions, it's gonna take a long for him siphon off that energy, and he could be killed way before that happens.

kgkg
IM's only chance is find some way of siphoning off WM ionic energy. Even if he does find a way, WM's body is constantly flowing with ions, it's gonna take a long for him siphon off that energy, and he could be killed way before that happens.
You think so?

How much time will it take to Siphon his Ionic energy?

SS did it fast, Also defeated him in the past with minimal effort.
And IM used his tech to jack even some of the power cosmic from SS.

And Ionic energy is much less powerful, or harder to jack (let’s say)

IM is able to hang with WM giving him time to plan some sort counter attack.

IM might not win in a brawl but he can certainly plan something and get more wins than WM

armandovalles
what issue of what book did SS fight WM?

Sentry
Originally posted by kgkg
You think so?

How much time will it take to Siphon his Ionic energy?

SS did it fast, Also defeated him in the past with minimal effort.
And IM used his tech to jack even some of the power cosmic from SS.

And Ionic energy is much less powerful, or harder to jack (let’s say)

IM is able to hang with WM giving him time to plan some sort counter attack.

IM might not win in a brawl but he can certainly plan something and get more wins than WM

Comparing Silver Surfer to Iron Man... Not even close. Silver Surfer could take out 95% percent of earth's heroes by his lonesome. It would take awhile for a mere human to siphon off that energy. Even with superior tech. If it were Doom, I'd consider is a possibilty. Iron Man is smart, but that won't help him here.

kgkg
Originally posted by armandovalles
what issue of what book did SS fight WM?
Some old issue, I posted some scans of it while back

He jacked SS energy while not looking, but he has that type of tools.

it's from that issue

kgkg
Comparing Silver Surfer to Iron Man... Not even close. Silver Surfer could take out 95% percent of earth's heroes by his lonesome. It would take awhile for a mere human to siphon off that energy. Even with superior tech. If it were Doom, I'd consider is a possibilty. Iron Man is smart, but that won't help him here.
You are right am not comparing these two.

Here is what is saying.

IM was able to jack some of SS energy, now just take the same concept and apply it to Wm you have 10X the effect.

TheKahn
He got the hulk-buster armor, thor-buster armor, do you think he has armor designed to take down all of his high power team mates. Tony seems awfully damn paranoid.

Sentry
You are right SS is not comparing these two.

Here is what is saying.

IM was able to jack some of SS energy, not just take the same concept and apply it to Wm you have 10X the effect.

There is a tremendous amout of energy within Wonder Man. He'd have to hit him with some kind of beam to drain his energy. If WM is flying around, it would be pretty hard to hit him.

Wonder Man is stronger, faster, and has beaten on the Avengers and the West Coast Avengers on more than one occasion. He survived the Nega Bomb, getting put through a planet and sun, all of which would kill Iron Man.

Wonder Man 8 times out of 10.

Sentry
Originally posted by TheKahn
He got the hulk-buster armor, thor-buster armor, do you think he has armor designed to take down all of his high power team mates. Tony seems awfully damn paranoid.

Not as paranoid as Batman. Doesn't he have a some kind of contingency plan for all his teammates if they turned bad?

Cosmic Cube
Considering the fact that Wonder Man is energy, and Iron Man has manipulated just about every form of energy in the MU, I'd give the edge to Tony Stark.

Hey Sentry.

armandovalles
Silver Surfer could take out 95% percent of earth's heroes by his lonesome.

No way dude. Here's a list of Marvel heroes that i think could take SS:

Gladiator
Hyperion
Thor
Magni
Genis
Quasar
Sentry
Drax
Adam Warlock
Dr. Strange

and those are just some of the most known ones, there's plenty more i just dont feel like typing that much right now.

Cosmic Cube
Gladiator - No
Hyperion - No
Thor - Surfer more often than not.
Magni - Hmm...
Genis - No
Quasar - No
Sentry - Hmm...
Drax - Err...
Adam Warlock - Sure
Dr. Strange - Sure

Sentry
Most of those guys are cosmic powerhouses or gods.

Hey Cube what's up. Glad to see your back.

Oh, Tony will still get beat by Wonder Man. wink

Cosmic Cube
Or WM might get absorbed....

Say, what if Iron Man had the Quantum Bands? He would be bad-ass.

armandovalles
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Gladiator - No
Hyperion - No
Thor - Surfer more often than not.
Magni - Hmm... -
Genis - No -
Quasar - No -
Sentry - Hmm...
Drax - Err... -
Adam Warlock - Sure
Dr. Strange - Sure

Gladiator - No - they fought once before and it was a total stalemate.
Hyperion - No - same thng as Gladiator but without the confidence and radiation weaknesses.
Thor - Surfer more often than not. -their totally even.
Magni - Hmm... - he went toe-to-toe with Desaak, a high-level Skyfather!
Genis - No - he toyed with King Thor!
Quasar - No - dude Quasar fought Infinites and won! SS is nothing.
Sentry - Hmm... - this guy supposedly stalemated SS's master Galactus.
Drax - Err... - he stalemated Thanos!
Adam Warlock - Sure
Dr. Strange - Sure

kgkg
There is a tremendous amout of energy within Wonder Man. He'd have to hit him with some kind of beam to drain his energy. If WM is flying around, it would be pretty hard to hit him.

Wonder Man is stronger, faster, and has beaten on the Avengers and the West Coast Avengers on more than one occasion. He survived the Nega Bomb, getting put through a planet and sun, all of which would kill Iron Man.

Wonder Man 8 times out of 10.
he has tremendous amount of energy? you can tell that from what.

did you see what SS did to the guy?

i mean Tony is no SS , but you don't think his machines are not enough to absorb the likes of WM , while the same tech worked on Silver Surfer?

don't see the logic

and hey cube been long time

kgkg
Gladiator --- radiation hmm , even without SS has been called more powerful numours time , and he need to be at full condident to keep up with SS.

Thor ---- no comment

Genis ----- SS toyed with Genis
Quasar ----- Quasar has admited that his powers don't rival SS , infact althe time they are together he is shocked at SS's power.
Drax ------- SS tossed him pretty bad blast time , Drax has no resource to beat SS.
Strange - ya he can take SS
Adam ---- Probably

Cosmic Cube

i mean Tony is no SS , but you don't think his machines are not enough to absorb the likes of WM , while the same tech worked on Silver Surfer?

don't see the logic

Sure has. What's up kg.

Originally posted by armandovalles
Gladiator - No - they fought once before and it was a total stalemate.
Hyperion - No - same thng as Gladiator but without the confidence and radiation weaknesses.
Thor - Surfer more often than not. -their totally even.
Magni - Hmm... - he went toe-to-toe with Desaak, a high-level Skyfather!
Genis - No - he toyed with King Thor!
Quasar - No - dude Quasar fought Infinites and won! SS is nothing.
Sentry - Hmm... - this guy supposedly stalemated SS's master Galactus.
Drax - Err... - he stalemated Thanos!
Adam Warlock - Sure
Dr. Strange - Sure

Gladiator - Radiation blast. Bye-bye Kallark.
Hyperion - Don't see him as much of a threat for some reason..
Thor - Surfer's faster and a bit more versatile.
Magni - Desaak is a Skyfather?
Genis - He also got trapped in Surfer's board. King Thor is a jobber.
Quasar - Surfer has proven to be superior in many aspects.
Sentry - Supposedly. (No offense, Sentry smile)
Drax - He stalemated Thanos... with the Power Gem?
Adam Warlock - Sure
Dr. Strange - Sure

Sentry

don't see the logic

His body is constantly being permeated with ions. Ions are everywhere. His body is not energy. Ions are constantly flowing through his body which gives the him the appearance of being composed entirely of energy. It may seem and look that way, but his body is quite solid. Iron Man may absorb large amounts of energy, but he'll soon find out it'll be nearly impossible for Iron Man to siphon energy when he is speed blitzed and has his head ripped off. Yes I'm a Wonder Man fanboy, and I have a bunch of his comics, and if Wonder Man was serious, it'll be over, quick. especially if it's current Wonder Man. He's got a better handle on his powers now than he did 10 years ago.

bakerboy
Wonder man is one of the most strong individuals in marvel universe, but iron man could take anyone in a fight. He did beat the hulk , thor or silver surfer. If he could beat those people , he could beat wonder man. Any of those two people could be the winner in a battle.

willRules
Without Prep it could go either way, remember Iron-man has sonics. With prep iron-man definitely wins..........

Sentry
When did he beat Surfer? Wonder Man has also beaten Thor once. But how did Iron Man beat Surfer?

Sentry
What the hell is sonics going to do to Iron Man?

Sentry
OOPS... I meant to say what the hell sonics will do to Wonder Man.

bakerboy
Iron man did beat surfer in an special avengers vs defenders. It was with his regular golden and red armor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.