Drizzt vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Orestes
Well they've already got him beating Blade somehow laughing so I just have to wonder how silly Drizzt fandom can really get. Any takers? wink

supernatural
drizzt the dark elf? he rips the thing to pieces.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Orestes
Well they've already got him beating Blade somehow laughing so I just have to wonder how silly Drizzt fandom can really get. Any takers? wink

Simply because you cannot refute the points given in the other thread doesn't mean i'm a fanboy. It simply makes you look silly erm

As for these two fighting, i'd associate it with Yoda's fight from episode 2 where he was jumping all over the place vs. a Mall security guard erm

In terms of agility, speed and skill, Drizzt has Thing beaten.....badly. In terms of strength Drizzt can only dream of ever coming to one 10th of what Thing can do. However, strength will most likely not be the deciding factor.

What i need to know is if Thing's hide aka skin is immune to magical weapons. Because if it is, then it's either a stalemate or Drizzt loses. If it's vulnerable to magical weapons, Drizzt wins 10/10.

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Wickerman
Simply because you cannot refute the points given in the other thread doesn't mean i'm a fanboy. It simply makes you look silly erm

As for these two fighting, i'd associate it with Yoda's fight from episode 2 where he was jumping all over the place vs. a Mall security guard erm

In terms of agility, speed and skill, Drizzt has Thing beaten.....badly. In terms of strength Drizzt can only dream of ever coming to one 10th of what Thing can do. However, strength will most likely not be the deciding factor.

What i need to know is if Thing's hide aka skin is immune to magical weapons. Because if it is, then it's either a stalemate or Drizzt loses. If it's vulnerable to magical weapons, Drizzt wins 10/10.

~wickerman~ hulk isn't immune to magic.

How are these characters better than dragons?

Oh this reminds me of the twister "spite" threads, these characters are good for debates, but people tend to be uneducated about them, making them closed minded in the start.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
hulk isn't immune to magic.

How are these characters better than dragons?

Oh this reminds me of the twister "spite" threads, these characters are good for debates, but people tend to be uneducated about them, making them closed minded in the start.

No, not Hulk. I mean Thing. As in, is Thing's rock-like skin unphased by magical weapons like it is by normal weapons? Cause i'm just thinking.......two weapons (Twinkle and Icingdeath) that have diamond-like edges AND ARE MAGICAL would probably be able to do what Wolverine's claws were able to do.......and more maybe. If that's true, when it comes to speed and agility, Drizzt is miles above Wolverine. So he should have no problem dropping a globe of darkness of 3 and gutting Thing in a few seconds erm

~wickerman~

Dreampanther

Dude, you are embarrassing yourself. We have just proven (well, okay give credit where it's due, Wickerman has just proven) that Drizzt can take Blade apart and now you are accusing US of fandom? And instead of trying to refute the arguments, as he has invited you to do, your comeback is we are "silly" and we are "fanboys"?

Shouldn't you go take a long, hard look in the mirror?

Or is your argument that because Hollywood has made a movie about Blade, and not Drizzt, he MUST be better?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Dude, you are embarrassing yourself. We have just proven (well, okay give credit where it's due, Wickerman has just proven) that Drizzt can take Blade apart and now you are accusing US of fandom? And instead of trying to refute the arguments, as he has invited you to do, your comeback is we are "silly" and we are "fanboys"?

Shouldn't you go take a long, hard look in the mirror?

Or is your argument that because Hollywood has made a movie about Blade, and not Drizzt, he MUST be better?

But that guy whacked him against a cement wall and his head didn't crack........nor did his glasses icon5 That means he's uber cool.....not that the hollywood movie effects put in to bring in the masses made that crappy move. nope...not at all schmoll

wink

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
No, not Hulk. I mean Thing. As in, is Thing's rock-like skin unphased by magical weapons like it is by normal weapons? Cause i'm just thinking.......two weapons (Twinkle and Icingdeath) that have diamond-like edges AND ARE MAGICAL would probably be able to do what Wolverine's claws were able to do.......and more maybe. If that's true, when it comes to speed and agility, Drizzt is miles above Wolverine. So he should have no problem dropping a globe of darkness of 3 and gutting Thing in a few seconds erm

~wickerman~ oh i know i didnt see why it shouldn't hurt him...

Wickerman
oh i know i didnt see why it shouldn't hurt him...

I don't have any reference of him getting cut up by anything other than wolverine's claws, and i think he was attacked by strange at some point, but i'm weak at F4 comics......maybe i should PM Wynndar.....he seems to be quite knowledgeable on these things, and i don't want the fight to be one-sided.

~wickerman~

Orestes
Wow, alrighty ... case closed for me, then. I WAS going to try Hulk and then maybe Galactus from here, but I can already see where that would have gone just from this thread. stick out tongue

And, uh ... no, sorry, but I'm not the least bit embarassed. I'm amused, but I'm not embarassed. wink

Wickerman
Wow, alrighty ... case closed for me, then. I WAS going to try Hulk and then maybe Galactus from here, but I can already see where that would have gone just from this thread. stick out tongue

And, uh ... no, sorry, but I'm not the least bit embarassed. I'm amused, but I'm not embarassed. wink

My friend, Drizzt would probably lose to Hulk 9/10, 1 being in case he can somehow calm Hulk down. As for Galactus.....Jeez.....Anyway, like i said, i don't think you're free to call us fanboys if you're not aware of the characters in discussion.
That would be like calling Draco a WW fanboy, or Darkcrawler a Namor fanboy. They're simply fans that are fully aware of the high and low ends of their favorite character erm .

~wickerman~

Tha C-Master
Is Drizzt your favorite character?

Wickerman
Is Drizzt your favorite character?

From the FG??? Not by a longshot. it's either Asmodeus or Mephistopheles. But i love Drizzt too

~wickerman~

DigiMark007
A thunderclap might be Thing's best defense (if he can do one at all)...but it's a good one. Drizzt is pretty normal in terms of durability, so more skill or not, I can't see Drizzt winning this if Thing smart.

Now, if Thing does the clobberin' time bit and tries to win the old fashion way, he'll be punching a lot of air and will have some scimitars stuck into his brain in no time.

And no, Orestes, beating Blade, or even having a chance against Thing isn't unbelievable. Strong characters can come from other sources besides comics. And characters built on speed (like Spider-Man for example) are tough to take out and have a chance in a lot of fights simply because they're good at surviving and being resourceful.

Magic_attack
I would ad something, but Wicker has covered everything.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by DigiMark007
A thunderclap might be Thing's best defense (if he can do one at all)...but it's a good one. Drizzt is pretty normal in terms of durability, so more skill or not, I can't see Drizzt winning this if Thing smart.

Now, if Thing does the clobberin' time bit and tries to win the old fashion way, he'll be punching a lot of air and will have some scimitars stuck into his brain in no time.

And no, Orestes, beating Blade, or even having a chance against Thing isn't unbelievable. Strong characters can come from other sources besides comics. And characters built on speed (like Spider-Man for example) are tough to take out and have a chance in a lot of fights simply because they're good at surviving and being resourceful. Which is why its hard to introduce characters like these into the forums.

They're very deep, but people lack.... education.

Magic_attack
Which is why its hard to introduce characters like these into the forums.

Agreed.

Wickerman

And no, Orestes, beating Blade, or even having a chance against Thing isn't unbelievable. Strong characters can come from other sources besides comics. And characters built on speed (like Spider-Man for example) are tough to take out and have a chance in a lot of fights simply because they're good at surviving and being resourceful.

I forgot about the thunderclap completely. You're right Digi. Now assuming Drizzt doesn't pull a wolverine on us, the thunderclap should put him down long enough for Thing to win. Or at least retreat with his life stick out tongue

If he pulls a wolverine on us, the thunderclap's gonna send him in "The Hunter" mode, where every single ability he has is maxxed out and he's basically unstoppable rage. But i doubt that'd happen.

~wickerman~

Wickerman
Originally posted by Magic_attack
I would ad something, but Wicker has covered everything.

I pretty much summed what;s needed to be known about drizzt in the first post of the second page in the "Drizzt vs. Blade" thread.

wink

~wickerman~

Wickerman

Absolutely.

~wickerman~

DigiMark007

True, but even smear campaigns against characters can raise awareness about them, so honestly I'm kinda glad Drizzt is gaining some noteriety.

Wickerman
True, but even smear campaigns against characters can raise awareness about them, so honestly I'm kinda glad Drizzt is gaining some noteriety.

I'm really not, because Drizzt is a great character, and Orestes is trying to drag his name in the mud, and call us fanboys simply because he can't accept defeat and move on erm

~wickerman~

DigiMark007
Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it's happened before (I remember having to defend the Authority for a while) and eventually they were just accepted into discussions, rather than making them seem somehow inferior. If enough people base their opinions off of the arguments they see in these threads about Drizzt, they'll come to realize that we're not stupid fanboys. And while we may give him slightly more credit than he needs, much of what we're saying (and concluding upon) is true and unbiased.

Wickerman
Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it's happened before (I remember having to defend the Authority for a while) and eventually they were just accepted into discussions, rather than making them seem somehow inferior. If enough people base their opinions off of the arguments they see in these threads about Drizzt, they'll come to realize that we're not stupid fanboys. And while we may give him slightly more credit than he needs, much of what we're saying (and concluding upon) is true and unbiased.

quoted and bookmarked for posterity laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Dreampanther
Why doesn't Orestes wanna argue? He starts this thread, then tells everybody he has already made up his mind before the thread even started, and then bolsters his defence by stating we "amuse" him.

That's not fair, is it? Come on, Orestes, tell us how, in your opinion, the fight will develop?

Or lemme guess -

the blue-eyed Thing sees Drizzt, just casually strolling down the street, in broad daylight (because we all know, that's Drizzt's speciality, forget about all that Ranger-trained drow-sneaking stealthily around in the dark crap), shouts "It's clobbering time!", rushes him while he is standing there, petrified with fear and frozen with shock, and gives him one mighty WHACK alongside the head and then goes out for a beer.

Right? Did I miss anything?

Wickerman
Why doesn't Orestes wanna argue? He starts this thread, then tells everybody he has already made up his mind before the thread even started, and then bolsters his defence by stating we "amuse" him.

That's not fair, is it? Come on, Orestes, tell us how, in your opinion, the fight will develop?

Or lemme guess -

the blue-eyed Thing sees Drizzt, just casually strolling down the street, in broad daylight (because we all know, that's Drizzt's speciality, forget about all that Ranger-trained drow-sneaking stealthily around in the dark crap), shouts "It's clobbering time!", rushes him while he is standing there, petrified with fear and frozen with shock, and gives him one mighty WHACK alongside the head and then goes out for a beer.

Right? Did I miss anything?

icon5 But.,.......but.......but thing has.......heart cry

(which he wouldn't keep for long assuming the magic blades have the same effect as wolverine's claws laughing out loud )

~wickerman~

Magic_attack

Unfortunately this has been the best argument given for Thing so far.

Wynndar
icon5 But.,.......but.......but thing has.......heart cry

(which he wouldn't keep for long assuming the magic blades have the same effect as wolverine's claws laughing out loud )

~wickerman~

Why do u say it like the Thing has no other qualities or accomplishments as a superhero except for being known for heart? Even if the blades can cut him, doesnt mean the Thing cant mount his own offense.

DigiMark007
That's true Wynndar, and I offered a thunderclap as a way Thing could probably win more often than not. But given Drizzt's level of elusiveness and skill, anything short of the thunderclap and Thing would be in trouble in a hurry, though if he got a lucky punch he'd obviously destroy Drizzt.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Wynndar
Why do u say it like the Thing has no other qualities or accomplishments as a superhero except for being known for heart? Even if the blades can cut him, doesnt mean the Thing cant mount his own offense.

I'm sorry man, i actually like the character. he's the most human and tortured one IMO. I just remembered back in the ol' day when Betageuze and Armando or whoever that was used to keep saying that in all the Thing threads. If you'll read the whole thread you'll see i actually wanted to bring you into it.

~wickerman~

Wynndar
I've never read any those books personally, but I know he's been around for a while and I've always thought the paintings of him were pretty cool. However, with everything the Thing's survived, I dont see him losing to the dark elf. Thundefclaps, shockwaves...buses...Thing could keep him away with long range attacks indefinitely. He's also fought dozens of magical and sword weilding opponents in the past. He's has demonstrated a strange resistance to magic thats never been explained yet. Even if the swords can damage Thing's skin, Thing's body is going to be equally of not more lethal to Drizzt.

Dreampanther
Of course, a lot depend on the setting/environment -

Is it dark, is there place to hide, does Drizzt go looking for the Thing or vice versa, is it an enclosed space, etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.