Carnage vs Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tha C-Master
Curious about the spiderman vs storm thread, I decided to make this. To see if it would be a better match since carnage projectiles are quite deadly.

For all sakes and purposes this is a normal inhabited area, and bloodlust is on, no CIS.

Who wins? smokin'

Scoobless
lol... with Carnage when is bloodlust not on?

grey fox
Carange turns storm into hamburger meat.

Smaxxer
Well hm, I think that if Storm knows Carnage, if she knows what kind of basketcase and psychopath he is, she has a decent chance of beating him. I'd say 7/10.

But when they run into each other and start fighting, I think Carnage takes this one.

Not a bad thread.

Cosmic Cube
Lightning can be pretty loud, and we all know how symbiotes react to high ampltude sound. I think Ororo could fry the symbiote right off of his crazy ass.

I'm going with Storm.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Scoobless
lol... with Carnage when is bloodlust not on? It was to help storm, because she would be pretty worthless.

Originally posted by grey fox
Carange turns storm into hamburger meat. We knew that spiderman lost the majority, but the discerning came in when spiderman's durability was questioned, because people thought him human.

We concluded that the best way to hurt spiderman would be with cold, because he could dodge the lightning, and he could use webbing and whatnot with the wind.

Originally posted by Smaxxer
Well hm, I think that if Storm knows Carnage, if she knows what kind of basketcase and psychopath he is, she has a decent chance of beating him. I'd say 7/10.

But when they run into each other and start fighting, I think Carnage takes this one.

Not a bad thread. Random match, but general knowledge.

Jinzin had brought up the insanity thing in wolverine vs carnage.

How would that help Storm or any character against carnage, if I may ask.

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Lightning can be pretty loud, and we all know how symbiotes react to high ampltude sound. I think Ororo could fry the symbiote right off of his crazy ass.

I'm going with Storm. It took the help of venom and spiderman with the ff.

I remember firestar and a sonic gun from venom destroying carnage once.

Then the avengers blasted carnage with the alpha gizmo, and it still took parker, venom, and black cat to overcome him.

Storm can win, but a well placed projectile from carnage may very well do her in.

stormfront13
i made the same excact thread a long time ago, I still think storm would win

Tha C-Master
Oh I didn't know you did, but are you aware that carnage could kill her with one well placed projectile?

stormfront13
wouldn't be able to get past a pressure domw

Next Venom_girl
Use the search button. This has been done before.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by stormfront13
wouldn't be able to get past a pressure domw Carnage could attack slightly quicker than that could come up though.

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Use the search button. This has been done before. Whoops hadn't noticed, so who wins in your opinion?

stormfront13
actually she had put one up instantley before to protect her team from falling mountain debris and lasers

Tha C-Master
actually she had put one up instantley before to protect her team from falling mountain debris and lasers If it were to hit you, it would knock you back right?

stormfront13
wait, what? anyway, when she put it up, everyone was protected, and fine, and they were talking inside of it. and symbiotes(spelling?) are vulnerable to sound and storm can make some loud thunger right next to him which is like a powerful sonic boom or something.

Tha C-Master
wait, what? anyway, when she put it up, everyone was protected, and fine, and they were talking inside of it. and symbiotes(spelling?) are vulnerable to sound and storm can make some loud thunger right next to him which is like a powerful sonic boom or something. No listen for a sec, if this barrier were to come up on you and make contact upon you would it knock you back?

jgiant
This is a close one, so far for me its a toss up...

Tha C-Master
Of course, but carnage is still tougher.

powerfulone1987
C-Master, you asked what we thought but you keep trying to change everyone's opinion when they say Storm.
Storm's winning so get used to it. No offense.

I say Storm would win victoriously. All Hands Down.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
C-Master, you asked what we thought but you keep trying to change everyone's opinion when they say Storm.
Storm's winning so get used to it. No offense.

I say Storm would win victoriously. All Hands Down. No, I'm not trying to change anyones opinion like you say I am, I am putting my points out and seeing if they counter it, thats what a debate is.

I think the match is close, you say storm wins, some say carnage wins, its not much of an argument in a theoretical debate.

I asked explicitly about the forcefield, and did NOT get an answer, so if I am assertively asking you your motives in hopes that you'll at least understand where I am coming from, then that is a good thing.

I don't try to make anyone believe anything, doesn't work too well, especially with fanboys lol. No offense either.

Metalmanx
actually she had put one up instantley before to protect her team from falling mountain debris and lasers

Can you post some scans of this? I was under the assumption that it was just powerful wind that she used to deflect the debris.

Because I have a comic, Uncanny X-men (forgot number, but I have it), that she concentrates like hell for a good few minutes to develop a pressure dome. In fact, she completely passed out after she was done with it, too.

So, unless you're telling me she's been depowered over the years, I don't believe she can create one as fast as you say.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
No, I'm not trying to change anyones opinion like you say I am, I am putting my points out and seeing if they counter it, thats what a debate is.

I think the match is close, you say storm wins, some say carnage wins, its not much of an argument in a theoretical debate.

I asked explicitly about the forcefield, and did NOT get an answer, so if I am assertively asking you your motives in hopes that you'll at least understand where I am coming from, then that is a good thing.

I don't try to make anyone believe anything, doesn't work too well, especially with fanboys lol. No offense either.

I get what you're saying.

Tha C-Master
No problem.

Swanky-Tuna
I still stand by my opinion that carnage has the crazy and the gib to gut Storm before she flies into space and destroys the planet with meteors and jazz.

Tha C-Master
And other claremont powers.

Hi swanky!!! Digging Aqua Team!!!

Comic Book
Oh my god, how is this *****, winning. I bet people just saying, she wins, because she is Black. I hate that garbage. carnage, has projectiles, and could take heavy amount of damage, and Storm, takes like a good moment, for the clouds to come out, and for her to attack. She would be dead by then.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Comic Book
Oh my god, how is this *****, winning. I bet people just saying, she wins, because she is Black. I hate that garbage. carnage, has projectiles, and could take heavy amount of damage, and Storm, takes like a good moment, for the clouds to come out, and for her to attack. She would be dead by then.

Thats a very ignorant view on Storm. X-men readers know that to be far from the case. Dont be fooled by the inaccurate cartoon portrayal of Storm. Comic book wise shes nothing like that.

Comic Book
I do read the x-men comic, and she still takes long. She gets tagged by, lady deathstrike, and almost died. This is Carnage, you know the man, that took down everybod at once, then they ganged up on him, to win. Carnage taken punishment in the past, and I see no problem on him taking this *****.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Thats a very ignorant view on Storm. X-men readers know that to be far from the case. Dont be fooled by the inaccurate cartoon portrayal of Storm. Comic book wise shes nothing like that. Agreed about the "black" part, that was unecessary.

Tha C-Master
I do read the x-men comic, and she still takes long. She gets tagged by, lady deathstrike, and almost died. This is Carnage, you know the man, that took down everybod at once, then they ganged up on him, to win. Carnage taken punishment in the past, and I see no problem on him taking this *****. Good point, but try not to be so vulgar. wink

Comic Book
I mean there are better black, charaters, but i don't like it when thats the only reason, the character is over hyped. In the past she was good, but now her stories suck ass.

GalacticStorm
I do read the x-men comic, and she still takes long. She gets tagged by, lady deathstrike, and almost died. This is Carnage, you know the man, that took down everybod at once, then they ganged up on him, to win. Carnage taken punishment in the past, and I see no problem on him taking this *****.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I never placed my vote in this thread. I was just addressing the misconception that Storm takes an age to use any aspect of her weather powers. All regular X-men readers would know that all basic weather effects are virtually instantaneous. Whilst a hurricane manifests in seconds for example.

Comic Book
A moment to other people, but to Carnage, and his projectiles, it will seem like storm, takes a year and a day.

Tha C-Master
Good point, it isn't instantaneous, its virtually instantaneous, but it takes the speed of thought, and is only as strong as the earth's conditions.

GalacticStorm
Good point, it isn't instantaneous, its virtually instantaneous, but it takes the speed of thought, and is only as strong as the earth's conditions.

No. Its as strong as her strength of body and willpower. She can create a weather effect of any intensity that can occur within earths atmosphere naturally.

GalacticStorm
A moment to other people, but to Carnage, and his projectiles, it will seem like storm, takes a year and a day.

No merely a misconception.

Comic Book
unless, some one dies in front of her, or it's a really close match, I doubt her will power would start off strong at the begining, by the time she build up enough, she wil be dead. I mean, this isn't GL.

Tha C-Master
No. Its as strong as her strength of body and willpower. She can create a weather effect of any intensity that can occur within earths atmosphere naturally. But it is still earth's power, pis/cis or no.

SHe controls the weather. I see what you mean though.

GalacticStorm
unless, some one dies in front of her, or it's a really close match, I doubt her will power would start off strong at the begining, by the time she build up enough, she wil be dead. I mean, this isn't GL.

confused

Comic Book
I mean, you get more will power, when you are loosing bad, but if your dead, then you can't get that fuel you need.

GalacticStorm
I mean, you get more will power, when you are loosing bad, but if your dead, then you can't get that fuel you need.

Your strength of will depends on various factors. All energy wielders' ability to pull off their highest feats depends on their strength of will. Dont see this as a potential weakness specific to Storm alone. Its just how it works. But during any given day she can still pull off any aspect of her powers.

Comic Book
But to make it stronger than normal, she needs some motivation, but i understand what you mean. Well carnage rapes this ***** more, times than she could, spank him

GalacticStorm
But to make it stronger than normal, she needs some motivation, but i understand what you mean. Well carnage rapes this ***** more, times than she could, spank him

What more motivation would she need than a fight for her life? wink

As for your views on the battle thats debatable. I'll wait to see what other points are brought up before i really contribute.

Swanky-Tuna
Why don't you just reply to the points in the first thread?

Tha C-Master
What more motivation would she need than a fight for her life? wink

As for your views on the battle thats debatable. I'll wait to see what other points are brought up before i really contribute. You little point stealer. haha.

Carnage is just a notch above, and has no quams to kill, storm has fought in fear of dying.

Carnage doesn't care about dying.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Why don't you just reply to the points in the first thread?

Would you like to bump up the first thread so that i know what you're talking about?

Swanky-Tuna
Can do

stormfront13
metalman, that was when storm had contained a nuke, and was generating pressure higher than the surface of jupiter. she had a while ago created a huge pressure dome to cover all her teammates to protect them from falling mountain debris, and lasers(i think there were lasers), then she literally flew her teammates through a mountain. the dome was put up instantaniously. anyway, I think storm wins because of lightning, and thunder. lightning has been shown to harm the symbiotes in the past, this case should be no different. also, storm can create thunder right next to someone, do you know how loud that would be? also, she could contain him in a pressure field, and electricy the air inside or something.

GalacticStorm
Can do

Swanky that thread is long as hell. I dont know if i can muster the effort.

You would have my eternal love and gratitude if you summarise for me. big grin

Swanky-Tuna
Well, it's essentially a bunch of people talking about how Carnage's craziness/durability is underestimated accompanied by possibly now dead pictures of Carnage being unfazed by things like getting shocked by railroad tracks and powerlines and possibly some sound weapons.

I believe there is one picture of him being beaten by a microwave gun but he's getting shot forever. Because he's held down by a bunch of people.

Smaxxer
I still think that Storm takes this most of the times.

She can fry him before he can say some psycho stuff. As long as she keeps her distance - she can fly, remember - and goes for the kill (she isn't a saint people, she can be very hard when she has to), she has a good chance.

She is also smarter than Carnage, that should also count for something.

So Storm 7/10, the nutcase 3/10.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Smaxxer
I still think that Storm takes this most of the times.

She can fry him before he can say some psycho stuff. As long as she keeps her distance - she can fly, remember - and goes for the kill (she isn't a saint people, she can be very hard when she has to), she has a good chance.

She is also smarter than Carnage, that should also count for something.

So Storm 7/10, the nutcase 3/10. He can attack her before she gets airborne, storm doesn't start out in the air with lasers flying around. She does have a good chance, but the problem is durability.

grey fox
Yes , her durabiliy is human and as such she can be ripped into tiny bloody chunks by cassidy

Tha C-Master
yes

GalacticStorm
Yes , her durabiliy is human and as such she can be ripped into tiny bloody chunks by cassidy

But thats the case with a lot of her superhuman foes. The question is do you think she can avoid Carnages reach whilst disposing of him with her elemental abilities?

DarkCrawler
I think that she can...Carnage can't fly.

How is it that Carnage is so much stronger then Venom? Are the next generation symbiotes always better?

Then Venom's great-great-great-great grandfather must have been a wimp...and Toxin's great-great-great-great grandchild is going to be an uber badass.

grey fox
Nope , if carnage can hit Spider-man (or almost hit) the most agile character in all of Marvell . He can surely hit storm .

Run . Swish . Slice . Repeat. - Grey fox

GalacticStorm
Nope , if carnage can hit Spider-man (or almost hit) the most agile character in all of Marvell . He can surely hit storm .

Spiderman cant fly He cant cross distances anywhere near as fast as Storm. Completely different. confused

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I think that she can...Carnage can't fly.

How is it that Carnage is so much stronger then Venom? Are the next generation symbiotes always better?

Then Venom's great-great-great-great grandfather must have been a wimp...and Toxin's great-great-great-great grandchild is going to be an uber badass. Carnage can shoot his tendrils at machine gun fire rate, and he is spiderman x10.

The symbiotes grow stronger each generation, spiderman<venom<carnage<toxin.

Carnage took spiderman, venom, ff to take down.

Then a blast from the alpha gizmo, venom, and spiderman with black cat a second time.

Venom suit acts like vibranium,he can take hits from juggs, carnage is MUCH more dangerous.

Tha C-Master
Spiderman cant fly He cant cross distances anywhere near as fast as Storm. Completely different. confused Storm doesn't start in the air, and she doesn't have precognition, and she isn't a better dodger.

GalacticStorm
Carnage can shoot his tendrils at machine gun fire rate, and he is spiderman x10.

The symbiotes grow stronger each generation, spiderman<venom<carnage<toxin.

Carnage took spiderman, venom, ff to take down.

Then a blast from the alpha gizmo, venom, and spiderman with black cat a second time.

Venom suit acts like vibranium,he can take hits from juggs, carnage is MUCH more dangerous.

Storms taken down all of her fellow X-men and a Doom bot before.

But thats beside the point, if Carnage can shoot out his tendrils at a machine gun rate (i hope thats not an exagerration) then hes very capable of ending this quickly if Storms not on top of her game. A pressure dome would protect her but will she be able to do it quick enough and just how effective are her powers against him?

grey fox
Storm cannot dodge machine guns (on the floor) carnage kebabs her. End of story

GalacticStorm
Storm doesn't start in the air, and she doesn't have precognition, and she isn't a better dodger.

Nope but shes less accessible in the air meaning she has more time to defend or dodge, she can traverse distances faster than either Carnage or Spiderman and she can protet herself with a pressure dome.

GalacticStorm
Storm cannot dodge machine guns (on the floor) carnage kebabs her. End of story

No but unbeknownst to you she can form a pressure dome. confused

grey fox
Now explain to me how the hell this pressure dome crap works agian (Sorry i just really hate mutants, since the start of marvels ' lets upgrade every mtuant to demi-god level ' thing started)

Tha C-Master
Nope but shes less accessible in the air meaning she has more time to defend or dodge, she can traverse distances faster than either Carnage or Spiderman and she can protet herself with a pressure dome. None of this happens instantly nor does it come at a free price.

We had this discussion over sue and emma.

grey fox
* = out of topic

* hey c-m is it just me or do you leave everytime i come on*

Tha C-Master
Storms taken down all of her fellow X-men and a Doom bot before.

Yea the xxx thing, spiderman beat a group of xmen, etc.

I brought that up because carnage is insanely durable, even against his "weaknesses" it took a long shot sonic gun and firestorm to keep him down.

But thats beside the point, if Carnage can shoot out his tendrils at a machine gun rate (i hope thats not an exagerration) then hes very capable of ending this quickly if Storms not on top of her game. A pressure dome would protect her but will she be able to do it quick enough and just how effective are her powers against him?

Offenisvely, electricity would hurt, winds would do little, water little, cold is somewhat effective.

If she blew up a tankard it would keep her down.

The quicker she gets in the air, the safer she is.

And yes his tendrils are that fast.

Tha C-Master
* = out of topic

* hey c-m is it just me or do you leave everytime i come on* Invisible mode...

grey fox
Invisible mode...

Huh ?

GalacticStorm
None of this happens instantly nor does it come at a free price.

We had this discussion over sue and emma.

Nope but none of it happens as slowly as you seem to think.

Wind to fly is virtually instantaneously. She is very capable of getting out of his reach (given that they start off a fair distance away from each other CM evil face )

Her most powerful effects take seconds. If shes out of his range what does that matter.

Also Storm has many a time dodged machine gun fire and laser fire from elite squads. I can post many a scan tomorrow if you'd like. Shes not the slowpoke the cartoon made out lol.

grey fox
Damn mutants and their abilities that get upgraded every ten minutes. (exit rant mode)

Carnage takes less then seconds , the due is a near literal killing machine .

Tha C-Master
Nope but none of it happens as slowly as you seem to think.

Wind to fly is virtually instantaneously. She is very capable of getting out of his reach (given that they start off a fair distance away from each other CM evil face )

Her most powerful effects take seconds. If shes out of his range what does that matter.

Also Storm has many a time dodged machine gun fire and laser fire from elite squads. I can post many a scan tomorrow if you'd like. Shes not the slowpoke the cartoon made out lol. Yea and this is a powerful opponent.

Cap has dodged lasers and stuff from many people, there is a differnece from dodging (if you didn't move it would hit you) vs the marksman missing.

Tha C-Master
Huh ? Go to user options, invisible mode makes it appear you are off ALL the time.

I used to wonder why gs was always "gone", it turned out hit and miss was whooping him in soul calibur.

GalacticStorm
Now explain to me how the hell this pressure dome crap works agian (Sorry i just really hate mutants, since the start of marvels ' lets upgrade every mtuant to demi-god level ' thing started)

How does Magnetos wormhole powers work? confused

Irrelevant.

Its all comic book science (rubbish) it doesnt matter if you dont understand it as long as you accept that its something that she can and has pulled off. She's used it to protect her and her X-men from falling debris as a mountain began to crumble on them. She then scooped them up in it the dome and punched a hole through the mountain.

More recently she did it on a far larger scale and contained a nuclear explosion.

GalacticStorm
Yea and this is a powerful opponent.

Cap has dodged lasers and stuff from many people, there is a differnece from dodging (if you didn't move it would hit you) vs the marksman missing.

Well Spiderman dodged Carnages tendrils so whats the difference? What point are you trying to make? confused

Tha C-Master
Well Spiderman dodged Carnages tendrils so whats the difference? What point are you trying to make? confused I just told you the differnece between dodging and the marksman missing.

grey fox
Go to user options, invisible mode makes it appear you are off ALL the time.

I used to wonder why gs was always "gone", it turned out hit and miss was whooping him in soul calibur.

What, youre hiding from fanboy's.

Tha C-Master
Hah, I just don't want them to be weary.

It was a hard choice, either have them stay on because they don't know I'm here, or stay on because they want to piss me off, and I end up getting banned for owning them lol.

GalacticStorm
I just told you the differnece between dodging and the marksman missing.

Not very well or clearly for that matter. Id say you more stated that there was a difference than actually detailed what that difference is.

At any rate what point are you trying to make by highlighting a difference if Spiderman dodges Carnages tendrils just like Storm would dodge them. confused

grey fox
Hehe.... oh just wondering did you get my story (or are you too busy with whatever .. just asking ) smile

Swanky-Tuna
How does Magnetos wormhole powers work? confused
I believe in the Marvel universe, the unified theory is proven and, through magnetism, he can manipulate gravity, radiation, and that other one... unless there's isn't a 4th. I forgot. Enough so to make a wormhole.

But blocking lasers with wind makes sense in its own special way.

kgkg
Not very well or clearly for that matter. Id say you more stated that there was a difference than actually detailed what that difference is.

At any rate what point are you trying to make by highlighting a difference if Spiderman dodges Carnages tendrils just like Storm would dodge them. confused
Do u like storm GS

Or is this a stupid question

Beyonder
Carnage wins. He's as fast or faster than Spiderman and is resistant to sonics. Spikes, tendrils, webbing, etc., at Storm before she nows what hit her.

Unless anyone is ignorant enough to think Storm has Spidey reflexes, then Carnage takes this.

GalacticStorm
I believe in the Marvel universe, the unified theory is proven and, through magnetism, he can manipulate gravity, radiation, and that other one... unless there's isn't a 4th. I forgot. Enough so to make a wormhole.

Yes but the power required to open a wormhole and control it like that are beyond what Magneto had previously been shown to posses.

Either way you knew what point i was making. Its comic book science just know that she can and has done it. Therefore accept it.

DarkCrawler

Gravity, Magnetism, Weak Nuclear Force, Strong Nuclear Force?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by kgkg
Do u like storm GS

Or is this a stupid question

Why did you choose to quote that post to ask that question? confused

Just curious is all.

Also i havent said Storm would win. I havent made my thoughts known. As i said in my first contribution to this thread today i am just wiating for the contributions of others before i place my vote. At the moment im throwing questions out there and answering any that come my way. Ok? big grin

kgkg
Why did you choose to quote that post to ask that question? confused

Just curious is all.

Also i havent said Storm would win. I havent made my thoughts known. As i said in my first contribution to this thread today i am just wiating for the contributions of others before i place my vote. At the moment im throwing questions out there and answering any that come my way. Ok? big grin
ohh am sorry embarrasment

Tha C-Master
Hehe.... oh just wondering did you get my story (or are you too busy with whatever .. just asking ) smile I've been working on it, but I've been starting a new forum, it takes alot of work man.

Oh I'll get it to you asap!

Tha C-Master

No I was discussing the principles of "dodging" something, vs the marksman having bad aim, as often potrayed with characters like cap, as he would illogically dodge all of what he does at the same time.

Originally posted by Beyonder
Carnage wins. He's as fast or faster than Spiderman and is resistant to sonics. Spikes, tendrils, webbing, etc., at Storm before she nows what hit her.

Unless anyone is ignorant enough to think Storm has Spidey reflexes, then Carnage takes this. Agreed, she is physically human, and she is shot like a sitting duck before it can take off.

GalacticStorm
No I was discussing the principles of "dodging" something, vs the marksman having bad aim, as often potrayed with characters like cap, as he would illogically dodge all of what he does at the same time.

Agreed, she is physically human, and she is shot like a sitting duck before it can take off.

Well if that was your view why bother to make this thread in the first place. Its pointless. Its not even certain she'd win even if she got off the ground in time. So why make a thread without putting them a reasonable distance apart, a thread where you can just say BANG shes dead after two seconds? confused

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Gravity, Magnetism, Weak Nuclear Force, Strong Nuclear Force?
Yes. And it's not even like he had to manually make a wormhole. He just had to trigger it which doesn't necessarily have to take a zillion power points to make.

Tha C-Master
Well if that was your view why bother to make this thread in the first place. Its pointless. Its not even certain she'd win even if she got off the ground in time. So why make a thread without putting them a reasonable distance apart, a thread where you can just say BANG shes dead after two seconds? confused What do you mean its pointless?

I still think its a close match my point was concerning storms reflexes vs carnages.

Like on the spiderman vs storm thread, or any storm thread, storm isn't at her max until she leaves into the air.

60ft is what I usually assume the distance to be, are you unfamiliar with carnage a little?

GalacticStorm
What do you mean its pointless?

I still think its a close match my point was concerning storms reflexes vs carnages.

Like on the spiderman vs storm thread, or any storm thread, storm isn't at her max until she leaves into the air.

60ft is what I usually assume the distance to be, are you unfamiliar with carnage a little?

Ive read a few of his appearances and i have "Maximum Carnage" but as im not a regular spiderman reader i always like to defer to others who seem to be clued up on spiderman comics. (I do check up though lol)

My point is you didnt set up an environment or scenario and as a closing comment you just said human durability, Carnages reflexes, Machine gun tendrils, Storms dead. Thats pointless.

Storm on the ground a 20 metres away from Carnage will be able to escape him and get out of reach I.M.O. Its just a case of deciding whether her arsenal can take him out?

Just how susceptible is he to lightning?

Tha C-Master
Ive read a few of his appearances and i have "Maximum Carnage" but as im not a regular spiderman reader i always like to defer to others who seem to be clued up on spiderman comics. (I do check up though lol)

My point is you didnt set up an environment or scenario and as a closing comment you just said human durability, Carnages reflexes, Machine gun tendrils, Storms dead. Thats pointless.

Storm on the ground a 20 metres away from Carnage will be able to escape him and get out of reach I.M.O. Its just a case of deciding whether her arsenal can take him out?

Just how susceptible is he to lightning? But I do with my threads, I always do, I said a normal inhabited area, 60 feet away.

Carnage has a mild danger sense, but lightning would hurt him, it would NOT be fatal in anyway.

Carnage isn't street level.

GalacticStorm
But I do with my threads, I always do, I said a normal inhabited area, 60 feet away.

Carnage has a mild danger sense, but lightning would hurt him, it would NOT be fatal in anyway.

Carnage isn't street level.

Well in your introduction post for this thread you made no mention of a scenario, which is why the whole thread came across as pointless when in the end you summed it up in the way you did. Anyway enough of that you have set one up so it doesnt matter.

Given that Storm has easily dodged machine gun fire from about the same distance (i'll see if i can get some scans for tomorrow) and shes dodged Thor (with his enhanced reflexes and ability to throw his hammer at an incredible velocity) throwing Mjolnir from a similar if not smaller distance, id say that she would be able to fly away and get out of his reach.

Tha C-Master
Well in your introduction post for this thread you made no mention of a scenario, which is why the whole thread came across as pointless when in the end you summed it up in the way you did. Anyway enough of that you have set one up so it doesnt matter.

Given that Storm has easily dodged machine gun fire from about the same distance (i'll see if i can get some scans for tomorrow) and shes dodged Thor (with his enhanced reflexes and ability to throw his hammer at an incredible velocity) throwing Mjolnir from a similar if not smaller distance, id say that she would be able to fly away and get out of his reach.

I don't see it being that easily. Again there is a difference in dodging and the marksman missing, the Mjolnir would've ko'ed her so she wouldn't have got hit like that.

Now, 60ft is only to the 20 yard line of a football field, and spiderman has no problems nailing her, so carnage definitely shouldn't.

He can alter the size of his projectiles and whatnot too.

GalacticStorm
I don't see it being that easily. Again there is a difference in dodging and the marksman missing, the Mjolnir would've ko'ed her so she wouldn't have got hit like that.

Now, 60ft is only to the 20 yard line of a football field, and spiderman has no problems nailing her, so carnage definitely shouldn't.

He can alter the size of his projectiles and whatnot too.

No Mjolnir wouldnt have KOed her it would have killed her. After dodging it from close range she turned to see it "punching through skyscrapers like paper"

Why do you keep saying this marksman business. I fail to see the point you're making by bringing it up. Seriously its not clear. You likened Carnages tendrils toa gun and said he can fire them off at a machine gun rate. I then gave you examples of Storm dodging high velocity projectiles (including machine guns and lasers) which she has dodged after being fired at. Are you trying to say Carnage is a flawless marksman? Seriously i fail to see what point you're making.

So what if Spidermans nailed her, thats a low showing for her dodging wise every hero has them. Spiderman gets tagged by a 70 year old man in a vulture suit. You'd have a point if she didnt have so many high showings.

I know they vary in shape and size(the tendrils) but as we're talking about him catching her from the start unless he has psionic control over his detached tendrils (i.e he can redirect them mid projection) then theit varying size or shape really doesnt matter as theyre going to be going in one direction. The place Storm was standing when he aimed.

Creshosk
You little point stealer. haha.

Carnage is just a notch above, and has no quams to kill, storm has fought in fear of dying.

Carnage doesn't care about dying. Neither does Storm for this fight appearently:

bloodlust is on, no CIS.

Tha C-Master
No Mjolnir wouldnt have KOed her it would have killed her. After dodging it from close range she turned to see it "punching through skyscrapers like paper"

Exactly. Just saying this you should understand why its hard to believe this would happen in a comic anyways.

This simply isn't a comic book.

Why do you keep saying this marksman business.

Because you are missing the difference between dodging (if I wouldn't have moved, it would have hit me).

Vs missing(I could have stood still and it would have missed), logically you and I know that characters shouldn't sit and dodge machine gun fire, and not on the ground anyways.

I fail to see the point you're making by bringing it up. Seriously its not clear.

Read above.

You likened Carnages tendrils toa gun and said he can fire them off at a machine gun rate

Not quite a gun though, they are very versatile and deadly, I gave you analogy to rate of fire.

.Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I then gave you examples of Storm dodging high velocity projectiles (including machine guns and lasers) which she has dodged after being fired at.

Are you trying to say Carnage is a flawless marksman? Seriously i fail to see what point you're making.

Carnage has very high precision accuracy and dexterity, precision shoothing should be little problem at 60 ft.

Carnage is a master of a symbiote, which in turn is a master of itself.

So what if Spidermans nailed her, thats a low showing for her dodging wise every hero has them.

No its not, spiderman has spent decades hitting faster, and far more more powerful things than most any character. Given that carnage is a faster stronger, more merciless and capable character he should hit her fine.

Its not fair to look at one characters history and avoid another, LOOK at all the flying enemies he's kept up with.

Spiderman gets tagged by a 70 year old man in a vulture suit.

Spiderman is the king of plot devices too, he has to worry about civilians and has to be alone with no team.

This is why I like to debate theoretically, because this happens.

I'm not saying she can't dodge it, it just won't be likely.

You'd have a point if she didnt have so many high showings.

likewise.
I know they vary in shape and size(the tendrils) but as we're talking about him catching her from the start unless he has psionic control over his detached tendrils (i.e he can redirect them mid projection)

At a 60 foot distance it seems unecessary.

then theit varying size or shape really doesnt matter as theyre going to be going in one direction. The place Storm was standing when he aimed.

Storm powers rely on thought, will she know what he's going to do, will she fly foward or backward.

Any part of her nail, is going to take her down most likely, especially the torso and up.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Creshosk
Neither does Storm for this fight appearently: She doesn't care about killing, not dying.

Its different.

GalacticStorm
Exactly. Just saying this you should understand why its hard to believe this would happen in a comic anyways.

This simply isn't a comic book.

What on earth are you talking about? Are you disouting my claims? I'll galadly provide scans tomorrow if need be. It happened in the comics, its happened many a time therefore you must accept it.

Because you are missing the difference between dodging (if I wouldn't have moved, it would have hit me).

Vs missing(I could have stood still and it would have missed), logically you and I know that characters shouldn't sit and dodge machine gun fire, and not on the ground anyways.

Im not failing to see the difference at all. I just fail to see its relevance in this debate. Are you trying to tell me that when Storm dodges something its not a credible feat that can be used to support my claims because the likes of Thor and elite squads arent capable marksman? Cordera thats ridiculous. You are in no position to make that judghement and you are just speculating. Can Storms dodging feats only be regarded as good enough if she's avoiding attacks from Spiderman and the like? Please Cordera listen to what youre saying.

Not quite a gun though, they are very versatile and deadly, I gave you analogy to rate of fire.

I understood that. It was hardly complex. By presenting various examples of Storm dodging machine gun/laser fire on many occassion and even Mjolnir being flung at an incredible velocity from Thor i thinks its fair to say she is very capable of flying out of Carnages reach. Especially when she knows of him and his nature.

Carnage has very high precision accuracy and dexterity, precision shoothing should be little problem at 60 ft.

Carnage is a master of a symbiote, which in turn is a master of itself.

Good for him. That doesnt mean you can dismiss Storms dodging feats or the capabilities of her assailants because of your speculation. The fact that we're talking about the likes of Thor and elite squads (trained to target her specific abilities) should leave you in know doubt that she is very capabale of getting out of incredibly difficult situations caused by very capable enemies.

No its not, spiderman has spent decades hitting faster, and far more more powerful things than most any character. Given that carnage is a faster stronger, more merciless and capable character he should hit her fine.

And Storm has spent decades too (neither of them have by comic book time) avoiding assaults from faster and more powerful assailants than Spiderman. It goes both ways CM.

Its not fair to look at one characters history and avoid another,

Exactly. Practice what you preach. (No offence)

Spiderman is the king of plot devices too, he has to worry about civilians and has to be alone with no team.

This is why I like to debate theoretically, because this happens.

I'm not saying she can't dodge it, it just won't be likely.

Spiderman isnt the only character to fall victim to plot devices CM. Dont suggest otherwise. Does anyone recall Storms brick accident? lol. Given that she trains daily and intensively to avoid such assault, given that she has managed to do so many a time across her career it is very likely.

Storm powers rely on thought, will she know what he's going to do, will she fly foward or backward.

Theyre decisions heroes have to make all the time. Theyre the type of things she thinks about all the time when in battle. Yet shes still pulled through against opponents just as fast if not faster than Carnage. Carnages powers react on hi sthoughts as well. If anything it could be argued that there could be latency. The symbiote reads Cassadys thoughts and acts upon them does it not?

Creshosk
She doesn't care about killing, not dying.

Its different. So Carnage is more likely to do something stupid, than Storm? What with the "fine line between bravery and stupidity" and all?

black robb
Unless Carnage stood around allowing Storm to get her wits up,she'd be dead before she hit the ground

EsteemedLeader
Carnage took on Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, and Daredevil all at once. And that was after being locked up and starved of man-flesh. He would have murdered them had a certain cheap Superman clone *coughSentrycough* not interrupted...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by black robb
Unless Carnage stood around allowing Storm to get her wits up,she'd be dead before she hit the ground

If she played it safe and kept out of range that would not be the case.

We all know that hes very capable of killing her. The question is how effective is her arsenal on him?

How effective would a flash freeze be on him. Has Carnage ever been subjected to intense cold?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Carnage took on Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, and Daredevil all at once. And that was after being locked up and starved of man-flesh. He would have murdered them had a certain cheap Superman clone *coughSentrycough* not interrupted...

Those people you mentioned would get murdered by Storm.

EsteemedLeader
Those people you mentioned would get murdered by Storm.

Not without putting up a fight at least. Carnage was, at best, annoyed by them...

Orestes
Bloodlusted Storm wins this for most of the same reasons she beats Spider-Man 10/10. Yeah, I said it: 10/10.

Creshosk
She avoids his projectiles, and with Cis turned off, out to kill mode on She whips up a strong hurricane. . .

GalacticStorm
Not without putting up a fight at least. Carnage was, at best, annoyed by them...

Only because of his durability was that the case.

However Storm could debatably overcome his durability plus she could arguably beat the people you mentioned so whats your point?

EsteemedLeader
Carnage is five times stronger than Spider-Man, stronger than Venom, can be ripped in half and survive, can turn himself into massive blades, and eats people for fun. Throw bloodlust into the mix, and you've got a real ***** of a supervillain...

Tha C-Master
What on earth are you talking about? Are you disouting my claims? I'll galadly provide scans tomorrow if need be. It happened in the comics, its happened many a time therefore you must accept it.

Im not failing to see the difference at all. I just fail to see its relevance in this debate. Are you trying to tell me that when Storm dodges something its not a credible feat that can be used to support my claims because the likes of Thor and elite squads arent capable marksman? Cordera thats ridiculous. You are in no position to make that judghement and you are just speculating. Can Storms dodging feats only be regarded as good enough if she's avoiding attacks from Spiderman and the like? Please Cordera listen to what youre saying.

I understood that. It was hardly complex. By presenting various examples of Storm dodging machine gun/laser fire on many occassion and even Mjolnir being flung at an incredible velocity from Thor i thinks its fair to say she is very capable of flying out of Carnages reach. Especially when she knows of him and his nature.

Good for him. That doesnt mean you can dismiss Storms dodging feats or the capabilities of her assailants because of your speculation. The fact that we're talking about the likes of Thor and elite squads (trained to target her specific abilities) should leave you in know doubt that she is very capabale of getting out of incredibly difficult situations caused by very capable enemies.

And Storm has spent decades too (neither of them have by comic book time) avoiding assaults from faster and more powerful assailants than Spiderman. It goes both ways CM.

Exactly. Practice what you preach. (No offence)

Spiderman isnt the only character to fall victim to plot devices CM. Dont suggest otherwise. Does anyone recall Storms brick accident? lol. Given that she trains daily and intensively to avoid such assault, given that she has managed to do so many a time across her career it is very likely.

Theyre decisions heroes have to make all the time. Theyre the type of things she thinks about all the time when in battle. Yet shes still pulled through against opponents just as fast if not faster than Carnage. Carnages powers react on hi sthoughts as well. If anything it could be argued that there could be latency. The symbiote reads Cassadys thoughts and acts upon them does it not?

Lets drop this hero thing here, my point wasn't/isn't to say I can use feats and you can't, I was bringing up some to show you how unfair it was to pull from the top, as I can make a list a mile long.

Lets see here, carnage is faster, stronger, more durable, with better reflexes.

People are making storm out to start in the air, using all this godly stuff in the beginning, its frustrating.

Storm isn't fast enough to aviod carnages attacks for too long.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Creshosk
So Carnage is more likely to do something stupid, than Storm? What with the "fine line between bravery and stupidity" and all?

He isn't affected by morale like storm is, fighting to kill isn't something she is as experienced as.

Either way its irrelevant.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Orestes
Bloodlusted Storm wins this for most of the same reasons she beats Spider-Man 10/10. Yeah, I said it: 10/10. Not 10/10 sorry.

GalacticStorm
Lets drop this hero thing here, my point wasn't/isn't to say I can use feats and you can't, I was bringing up some to show you how unfair it was to pull from the top, as I can make a list a mile long.

Lets see here, carnage is faster, stronger, more durable, with better reflexes.

People are making storm out to fly in the air, using all this godly stuff in the beginning, its frustrating.

Storm isn't fast enough to aviod carnages attacks for too long.

Who says shes going to pull off thsese godly things from the beginning? I certainly havent because i dont agree with that. Ive just focused on arguing that she could very well get out of his range and in to the sky. Now we've more or less cleared that up i can start talking about an offensive. big grin

EsteemedLeader
Who says shes going to pull off thsese godly things from the beginning? I certainly havent because i dont agree with that. Ive just focused on arguing that she could very well get out of his range and in to the sky. Now we've more or less cleared that up i can start talking about an offensive. big grin

If she's out of range, Carnage is out of range. It's not like she can hit something five feet wide from 1000 feet in the sky...

Tha C-Master
Who says shes going to pull off thsese godly things from the beginning? I certainly havent because i dont agree with that. Ive just focused on arguing that she could very well get out of his range and in to the sky. Now we've more or less cleared that up i can start talking about an offensive. big grin I sincerely doubt she is getting in the sky, you didn't argue this earlier.

20yds aint that far away.

Its not you i'm tired of people coming in acting like storms in the clouds on each matchup.

Tha C-Master
If she's out of range, Carnage is out of range. It's not like she can hit something five feet wide from 1000 feet in the sky... Good point, like torch the farther away they are the safer they are, works both ways.

GalacticStorm
Carnage is more durable but his durability debatably can be overcome by her powers.

Yeah he has better reflexes but that only really matters at the start because once shes in the sky and out of his effective range his reflexes wont matter too much. (From a distance for example she'd have more time to react and defend against any projectiles which do manage to come her way.) Her showings in comics suggest that from 20 metres away she could indeed get out of the way in time and continue to put a good distance between them before turning and acquainting him with mother nature.

As for being faster, he really isnt, more agile maybe but we both know she can traverse distances a whole lot quicker than he can.

EsteemedLeader
Carnage is more durable but his durability debatably can be overcome by her powers.

Yeah he has better reflexes but that only really matters at the start because once shes in the sky and out of his effective range his reflexes wont matter too much. (From a distance for example she'd have more time to react and defend against any projectiles which do manage to come her way.) Her showings in comics suggest that from 20 metres away she could indeed get out of the way in time and continue to put a good distance between them before turning and acquainting him with mother nature.

As for being faster, he really isnt, more agile maybe but we both know she can traverse distances a whole lot quicker than he can.

Alright, if she gets an advantage to her dodging capability because she's farther away, why doesn't Carnage?What the f**k?

GalacticStorm
If she's out of range, Carnage is out of range. It's not like she can hit something five feet wide from 1000 feet in the sky...

Not the case at all. If shes out of Carnages range then that doesnt mean for one second that hes out of her range. Theres a reason why shes a level 5 on th energy projection rating of Marvel. Thats because of the range and influence of her power. From a 100ft up storm could still rain down the heavens on the second rate spidey. As Storm sees people and her environment around her in terms of energy patterns there would be no hiding from Ms Munroe as well.

GalacticStorm
Alright, if she gets an advantage to her dodging capability because she's farther away, why doesn't Carnage?What the f**k?

Its not an advantage placed on her by the thread maker its a battle strategy. confused

EsteemedLeader
Its not an advantage placed on her by the thread maker its a battle strategy. confused

A strategy that Carnage will take full advantage of. And do you really think he'll just let her fly away, or that he'll just stand there and let her dish out punishment? Carnage is a manic fighter and will be on top of her this whole fight.

GalacticStorm
I sincerely doubt she is getting in the sky, you didn't argue this earlier.

20yds aint that far away.

Its not you i'm tired of people coming in acting like storms in the clouds on each matchup.

What do you mean i didnt argue this earlier. It was obvious what i meant. I specifically mentioned flying. If Storm knows of how dangerous Carnage is and how vulnerable she herself is why is she going to dodge his initial assault and then hover around at street level? Does that make sense to you?

Hit_and_Miss
Carnage Cause I like his name better over storm... Why didn't she call herself The Hurricane... Would of been so much better... Instead she calls herself storm... That would be like Carnage callin himself minor damage.... Its a massive understatement...

GalacticStorm
A strategy that Carnage will take full advantage of. And do you really think he'll just let her fly away, or that he'll just stand there and let her dish out punishment? Carnage is a manic fighter and will be on top of her this whole fight.

Let her? Have you missed the debate me and CM have been having over the last few hours? Through the many examples ive described its clear that Storm more cases than not can avoid an initial assault from Carnage and fly into the air bearing in mind theyre 60 feet away from each other. Considering shes alot faster than him flying at 300mph she will soon be out of his range.

For him to be all over her, she would have to be hovering around him like an idiot for the whole fight. Not Storms style at all. She would put as much distance as she could between them (knowing how vulnerable she is) and then she would bring down the heavens on the freak. She'd be out of his range he'd still be in hers. He wouldnt be able to hide from her enhanced perceptions.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Carnage Cause I like his name better over storm... Why didn't she call herself The Hurricane... Would of been so much better... Instead she calls herself storm... That would be like Carnage callin himself minor damage.... Its a massive understatement...

The Hurricane is a lame name Steve. Exit this thread and then this forum in shame -----> embarrasment eek!

EsteemedLeader

There's already a superhero called The Hurricane...

Hit_and_Miss
The point is she should have a name that reflects the true extent of her powers...

WWF Hurricane would woop storms ass...

GalacticStorm
There's already a superhero called The Hurricane...

And he's practically unheard of. Thanks for proving my point. eek!

EsteemedLeader
The point is she should have a name that reflects the true extent of her powers...

Hell yes he would. He'd bust out his Hurri-powers and choke-slam her back to Hell...

GalacticStorm

A Storm infers extreme weather conditions. For example strong winds, rain, lightning, thunder, blizzards. Therefore the name gives you an insight not only into the level of intensity shes capable of inducing but also the variety of weather effects she has control of. Hurricane would suggest merely wind control. LAME STEVE GET OUT --------> eek!

You know im joking. And you still have my damn dvds!!!!

Hit_and_Miss
A Storm infers extreme weather conditions. For example strong winds, rain, lightning, thunder, blizzards. Therefore the name gives you an insight not only into the level of intensity shes capable of inducing but also the variety of weather effects she has control of. Hurricane would suggest merely wind control.

Storm fanboy..... eek!

EsteemedLeader
Storm fanboy..... eek!

I was about to say that...

GalacticStorm
Storm fanboy..... eek!

Dont hate because i just tore your ass up embarrasment eek!

Hit_and_Miss
the legendary GS essay tactic... I came here to see it work in full force... "Aparently" If you post long enough messages, you win debates....

eek!

GalacticStorm
I was about to say that...

And your efforts would have gained you a most horrible case of pawnage. eek!

GalacticStorm
the legendary GS essay tactic... I came here to see it work in full force... "Aparently" If you post long enough messages, you win debates....

eek!

Murphy remember that i will probably end up living with you lot next year. Tread carefully. wink

Hit_and_Miss
hehe! hows whirly doin?? I caught a sight of that thread... I didn't look pretty!

EsteemedLeader
Dont hate because i just tore your ass up embarrasment eek!

Yeah, sure you did...

And your efforts would have gained you a most horrible case of pawnage. eek!

Oh no, not again! You're one of those people who think if you say you pwn3d a guy, that means you did. I'm tired of that shit.glare

Hit_and_Miss
Gs is like a bee hive... You can't help throwing stones at it, but then you wish you didn't!

GalacticStorm
Yeah, sure you did...

Oh no, not again! You're one of those people who think if you say you pwn3d a guy, that means you did. I'm tired of that shit.glare

I can almost smell the bitterness. Dont worry about it mate it just wasnt your time today. Just take note of your superior. Such a privilege comes but once in a lifetime. Dont hate me learn from me. eek!

EsteemedLeader
Bitterness? I'm definitely not bitter, and thus you have just lost all credibility. What kind of debating tactic is that? Calling me 'bitter' after three posts?

GalacticStorm
Bitterness? I'm definitely not bitter, and thus you have just lost all credibility. What kind of debating tactic is that? Calling me 'bitter' after three posts?

Oh dont take it seriously you're not one of those are you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Im only joking. Damn!! Its just a comic book thread. Chill out. smokin'

EsteemedLeader
Im only joking. Damn!! Its just a comic book thread. Chill out. smokin'

You must be joking, because all your posts are a joke. laughing

Hit_and_Miss
Chill EsteemedLeader I take the mic out him as a friend... I just throw the odd post in his threads too wind him up....

GalacticStorm
You must be joking, because all your posts are a joke. laughing

I'll let that one slide wink

But seriously chill out me and hit and miss are friends we were just joking around and you got involved as well so you cant exactly be mad can you? Calm it down. cool

EsteemedLeader
What does that have to do with-...ooh, Halo kitty...

GalacticStorm
What does that have to do with-...ooh, Halo kitty...

confused

EsteemedLeader
Halo kitty. Are you blind?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>