Master Chief vs Lara Croft!!11!!!!!!!111

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
Who pwns who???????? smokin' Happy Dance smokin'

Deus Ex
Well, according to this section, these people can win any fight:

- Ryu

-Master Chief

-Goku

-Ryu Goku Chief

-Slippy Toad

That's pretty much it. All else loses due to sheer lack of fanboy support.

bardock
you forgot wolverine and snake(in some cases)

Deus Ex
I did. Oops.

Darkstorm Zero
In the case of Ryu, he is always judged by his fabled (but never seen) fully unlocked potential power... I don't support this in any way shape or form because of the fact that it has not yet happened, and doing so will open the floodgates for every other character to do the same.

In Master Cheif's case... well, as far as using multiple sources of Canon evidence in a video game forum goes, this guy is the forerunner (No pun intended)

And when it comes to Goku (Or any DBZ character) well they really are just as overpowered as they say and really do belong with the uberpowerful comic book characters rather than video game characters...

Deus Ex
You forgot Slippy!

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Deus Ex

- Ryu

-Master Chief

-Goku

-Ryu Goku Chief

-Slippy Toad

That's pretty much it. All else loses due to sheer lack of fanboy support.

much too true.. other characters also lack crappy story writers to give them five tons of benchpressings

Darkstorm Zero
Oh yeah...

Slippy is beyond godly and should never enter a debate short of just to chew up other fanboy characters (Just like Dan)

bardock
who is slippy toad?

Snoopbert
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
much too true.. other characters also lack crappy story writers to give them five tons of benchpressings You know what, stop your whining, seriously. You haven't even read the friggin' books, so stop bitching about someone's writing you haven't even read based on someone using them as a Canon source.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by bardock
who is slippy toad?

haven't played Star Fox, eh? damn. Here I thought it was a classic.

Well, it is. From my time, anyways.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Snoopbert
You know what, stop your whining, seriously. You haven't even read the friggin' books, so stop bitching about someone's writing you haven't even read based on someone using them as a Canon source. laughing

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Deus Ex

- Ryu

-Master Chief

-Goku

-Ryu Goku Chief

-Slippy Toad

That's pretty much it. All else loses due to sheer lack of fanboy support. add superman and cloud and take off ryu...

Hit_and_Miss
Sa you missed her off... jumping everywhere... Shes had soo many games she beats all...

Poor satsujin... so tormented by the beating I give him, he goes from thread to thread moaning about a book... Oh his sad tale is one of woe indeed...

Lets create a a SA support thread... He needs a win for her....

Perhaps SA vs...

Peeps from Timesplitters?
couple of Predator?
load of Elites?

Or perhaps..

Wolverine?
Snake?
Duke Nukem....

Tha C-Master
rephrase that for me sir...

Hit_and_Miss
whatcha the what now???

The last 3 were a joke... SA stands no chance against them...

Tha C-Master
I didn't see the edit.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
whatcha the what now???

The last 3 were a joke... SA stands no chance against them... The only difference between you and I, is that I can call out a childish character design when I see it... and having someone dodge bullets.. lift 6 tons.. punch holes through 20 feet of titanium alloy or whatever strong earthen metal you can quote from this 'book'.. (I shall call it a teenage harlequin sci-fi novel instead)

I'm not the only one to call chief a space neo on these boards mind you smile

MuffinmanMike
laughing

I think we should all agree that books are not canon. It's unfair to say Master Chief beats Ryu because Master Chief has a story that has him punching Jesus so hard time inverts or something.

Or at least let's ignore Hit_And_Miss. He's obviously a Halo fanboy who refuses to accept any other game is better than his favorite third-rate shooter.

Tha C-Master
Third rate, dunno.

IS MMM trolling? stick out tongue

unrealman
Most Powerful FPS characters according to thier equipment.

1 the Unreal 2 Guy

Best Weapon: Singularity Cannon / Black Hole Gun)

2 The Doom Guy

Best weapon: The BFG

3 The Quake 2 Guy

Best Weapon: BFG10K

4 Duke Nukem

Best Weapon: BMF Thunderstike

5 Serious Sam

Best weapon: The Serious Bomb

Hit_and_Miss
The only difference between you and I, is that I can call out a childish character design when I see it... and having someone dodge bullets.. lift 6 tons.. punch holes through 20 feet of titanium alloy or whatever strong earthen metal you can quote from this 'book'.. (I shall call it a teenage harlequin sci-fi novel instead)

I'm not the only one to call chief a space neo on these boards mind you smile

erm satsujin.... Its a video game.... Should we ask how SA doesn't distroy all her organs and bones when she transforms? erm no... we shall just say she does... though out the whole SA vs MC thread I proved time and time again what his abilites where.. While all you said was... Erm SA has to be soo strong... cause.... MC is that strong... Or SA has to be clever... She has Chozo Blood!..
Just cause I had a source to quote form you go ahead and knock it... Should I start attacking the SA comics??? no cause thats...lame

You and about 1 other person has called him "space neo" and even then it was cause he "quoted" you... I don't see anyone else... But you go from thread to thread... "with this Book R [email protected]" Over and over again... I hear you the first time with your Minor point which no one cares about anymore.... Its been delt with... But Oh no.. Satsujin has to go on.... even though hes still making the same point which has been delt over and over again....

slim_thug
Master chief obviously.Originally posted by bardock
Who pwns who???????? smokin' Happy Dance smokin'

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
I think we should all agree that books are not canon. It's unfair to say Master Chief beats Ryu because Master Chief has a story that has him punching Jesus so hard time inverts or something.

Or at least let's ignore Hit_And_Miss. He's obviously a Halo fanboy who refuses to accept any other game is better than his favorite third-rate shooter.

Again blow things out of proportion.... MC punches though concrete walls... and tank armor... while Ryu blows up buildings with his hudokins... no one ever said MC beat him cause he has a storyline... get over it.... Another SA fan who didn't like the fact there points got destroyed because they couldn't prove anything...

I don't refuse to let MC lose... He got beat by duke... He got beat by akuma... ( I did argue in his defence... But then I coincided that the other guy won...) I don't have a problem with it....

I do believe that halo got rated higher then MP/MPE in the top 10 games of all time (done on IGN)

Keep it up MMM.... oneday you might come up with a point that has some relevance other then lame comments...

SaTsuJiN
erm satsujin.... Its a video game....

Its obviously not a game to you.. because the only kind of point you can create is from a work of fiction.. Game samus vs Game chief = pwnt chief.. whether you care or not is up to you.. so whatever

as for the point being "Discussed" or "dealt with" over and over ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) someone else makes the comment about them, and I show my agreement.. noone cares if you feel the need to chase behind me and defend the books everywhere I go..seriously.. no expression

Illustrious
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
add superman and cloud and take off ryu...

Yeah, explains how Goku is leading him like 50-20 in the versus thread, and that everyone still argues Ryu can take anyone. Right...

Hit_and_Miss
Its obviously not a game to you.. because the only kind of point you can create is from a work of fiction.. Game samus vs Game chief = pwnt chief.. whether you care or not is up to you.. so whatever

This coming from the guy whos opening comment was... "SA beats MC cause she has more games out..." give me a break... The only think you had was speculation on SA behalf... When I gave values to chief it all fell apart... keep living in dream world satsujin....

SaTsuJiN
This coming from the guy whos opening comment was... "SA beats MC cause she has more games out..." give me a break...

right.. what I said was (maybe you can clean your ears out and get some eyedrops for the near future) "She's been doing it for nearly a decade, while chief has done it, once?" (referring to halo1 which was out at the time)... and if I wanted to get technical I could actually say 'decades'.. since story wise she's been exterminating pirates since she was given the gift of her suit

and c'mon.. Lara took out a dragon... has chief done that? smile

Hit_and_Miss
yes and MC has been trainning for just as long.... Dur....

can lara take out flood, battle elites....etc

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Illustrious
Yeah, explains how Goku is leading him like 50-20 in the versus thread, and that everyone still argues Ryu can take anyone. Right... Please go to comic versus forum.

Who is arguing ryu can take everyone, back that one up please.

Oh wait, superman has the LARGEST group of fanboys, second to wolverine.

Its disgusting.

Darkstorm Zero
Two separate arguments in the same thread at the same time, gotta love it... laughing out loud

General Kaliero
Hit and Miss and Satsujin, please shut up.

If you absolutely MUST argue over MC and SA, please take it to the thread created for that purpose. thank you.

Oh, and on-topic... Chief wins against Ms. Croft.

Hit_and_Miss
/\/\ lol this thread wasn't setup as a vs thread... It was created with the soul perpose of bashing chief...

bardock
actually it was created with the purpose of being the lamest vs thread

Illustrious
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Please go to comic versus forum.

Who is arguing ryu can take everyone, back that one up please.

Oh wait, superman has the LARGEST group of fanboys, second to wolverine.

Its disgusting.

How do you have the "LARGEST" (note the emphasis) group of fanboys, and then turn around and be second to wolverine?

You must go to the Comic book versus forum, no one is arguing he could take Thanos or anything, which is effectively what they are arguing in saying Goku taking out Superman.

Tha C-Master
How do you have the "LARGEST" (note the emphasis) group of fanboys, and then turn around and be second to wolverine?

You must go to the Comic book versus forum, no one is arguing he could take Thanos or anything, which is effectively what they are arguing in saying Goku taking out Superman. Largest next to wolverine.

Goku superman is not as an effective comparison as wolverine thanos, by a longshot sorry.

bardock
thats is a bad comparision

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Hit and Miss and Satsujin, please shut up.

If you absolutely MUST argue over MC and SA, please take it to the thread created for that purpose. thank you.

Oh, and on-topic... Chief wins against Ms. Croft. first of all.. thats considered flaming to tell people to shut up..

secondly.. we weren't debating SA and MC.. at least I wasnt..
we were on the subject of characters being overpowered simply by text lore..

It was then that I was accused of having a personal vendetta against 1 character, when its clearly not the case.. which relates directly to this thread because it is a post created to patronize said character (and also the many threads that are created well-knowing the one character has way more than just a little advantage)

and "On-topic" ... Ms. croft could prove quite threatening should she pick up a futuristic weapon.. I mean.. we're taking this thread so seriously right.. no expression

Tha C-Master
Yeah, explains how Goku is leading him like 50-20 in the versus thread, and that everyone still argues Ryu can take anyone. Right... No proof yet on ryu, and dbz is still to hard to gauge on a comparable means basis.

I've seen noone refute these arguments on ryu threads, but whine about it.

Typical as its all I usually get.

Tha C-Master
Duke has better weapons than most all of those men.

Pyron_Knight
Obviously Lara takes it.

Final Blaxican
Chief kills Lara with literally zero effort using only one of his hands, and he does in seconds.

Seriously, Chief 10/10.

It doesn't matter how many "coolio" monsters she killed in Underworld.

ThunderGodEneru
Blax you're a fanboy.

Master Chief has 20 millisecond reaction-speed, he does it in less than a second. 131

Final Blaxican
I was assuming that he'd have his way with her before killing her, thus multiple seconds.

Yes, the Chief is a premature ejaculator.

ThunderGodEneru
Are you sure about that?

Didn't the Spartan program clip it off?

Final Blaxican
No, they just made it near impossible to get erect.

ThunderGodEneru
So he has it, just can't use it?

Lol. What a sissy. No wonder his only girlfriend is a computer program.

ArtificialGlory
Lara doesn't stand a chance.

ThunderGodEneru
She would if she defeated Shen Long.

Pyron_Knight
Lara is on the level of Mario and Sonic in terms of Gaming Icons.
Chief doesn't come close to that.

Final Blaxican
She's not on that level anymore.

And Lara has never been on Mario's level. She never will.

She comes out with a new game like once every four years and barely anyone ever hears about it.

The Chief on the other hand is the main character of one the most critically acclaimed (for reasons no one can fathom, as it's not that brilliant) game franchises of all time... and even now not one but two new Halo games are coming out just this year. He's the mascot of Xbox as well... He's what Mario is to Nintendo and Sonic is to Sega.

Pyron_Knight
Well who cares about the Xbox. It's the console for the lazy casual gamer. Not real dorks like us.

And if I had to rank the top 5 most recognized and famous game heroes I'd say Lara be up there with Sonic and Mario. i don't know who else I'd put there though.

Final Blaxican
Lara wouldn't be up there. Not anymore.

And the Wii si the ultimate casual gamer system. There is literally NO competitive hardcore games that are exclusive to it. They gimped Brawl so that any child can pick it up and kick ass. A strategy guide and video showing you how to beat each level built into the game itself?

Ridiculous.

The Grey Fox
So being more well known now constitutes the ability to defeat other characters who are less iconic as you? Completely rediculous.

Final Blaxican
How'd you manage to find your way in to here?

But Knight and I aren't being serious...

The Grey Fox
No idea, I was just looking around, found this.

Fair enough. I just assumed by his Final Fantasy gif avi that he was another rabid fanboy.

Final Blaxican
I've never seen you in here before. I don't know how to react. ermm

The Grey Fox
Only been here once or twice, but I come in peace.

Zack Fair
Chief stomps.

Lara has the body to make Chief get a hardon. She would end the whole thing.

Come to think of it...Lara stomps.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Well who cares about the Xbox. It's the console for the lazy casual gamer. Not real dorks like us.

And if I had to rank the top 5 most recognized and famous game heroes I'd say Lara be up there with Sonic and Mario. i don't know who else I'd put there though. 1. Mario
2. Sonic
3. Link
4. Master Chief
5. Solid Snake

All people who are more relevant gaming icons today than Lara is.

Nemesis X
How can Lara beat the Chief? Sure she's been fighting demon gods and such, but none of them had impenetrable mjlnor armor and kick ass weapons. Lara is so screwed it ain't funny.

Lich King
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Chief stomps.

Lara has the body to make Chief get a hardon. She would end the whole thing.

Come to think of it...Lara stomps.

I believe Spartan soldiers are removed of their ability to get sexually aroused early on in their training. I think it was brought up in a book or something. He has some inability to get attracted to female or male alike. Nothing but a ruthless weapon, from toe to top.

Final Blaxican
Yes... that was the joke. no expression

Lich King
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Yes... that was the joke. no expression

There was a joke? no expression

Final Blaxican
Cocaine's one hell of a drug.

Kazenji
Where do you buy it from ?

Zack Fair
A local ho that lives down the street.

ThunderGodEneru
In other words, Furion's mother.

niduin
Originally posted by Final Blaxican

The Chief on the other hand is the main character of one the most critically acclaimed (for reasons no one can fathom, as it's not that brilliant)
THANK YOU!!!!! ive been saying that for years!

Luminatus
I dunno guys. Doesn't Lara have the Soul Reaver?

Kazenji
No that was an unlockable in Legend and it had nothing to do with the actual story.

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
1. Mario
2. Sonic
3. Link
4. Master Chief
5. Solid Snake

All people who are more relevant gaming icons today than Lara is.

lol @ Sonic being more relevant to gaming today. The last good Sonic game was over a decade ago. He's running on fumes and fanboy dreams.

Master Chief? Hardly. Samus be a good suggestion though.. Not to mention she's part of the Nintendo big names which all dwarf anything Halo-related.

Solid Snake is a big maybe at best.

ThunderGodEneru
lol @ Sonic being more relevant to gaming today. The last good Sonic game was over a decade ago. He's running on fumes and fanboy dreams.

Master Chief? Hardly. Samus be a good suggestion though.. Not to mention she's part of the Nintendo big names which all dwarf anything Halo-related.

Solid Snake is a big maybe at best. The last good Tomb Raider game was...Well truthfully, I never really liked any of her games.

Sonic has waned throughout the years, but his popularity and relevance to gaming is still at least double that of Lara. Sonic still sells more, and is still talked about on the forums more.

Master Chief is the posterboy of XBOX, he stars in games that still sell and are still played online very regularly, Master Chief is more relevant to gaming today than Lara has been in a decade.

The Nintendo big names may dwarf Halo, but that does not discredit the fact that no one can really give a shit about Lara anymore.

Solid Snake is the protagonist of what is PS3's biggest current name and front-man of one of the most critically acclaimed series there is...Solid Snake is much more relevant.

Also, Kratos from God of War is more relevant than Lara is now.

And as crappy as he is, so is DMC's Dante.

Zack Fair
Agreed.

Nemesis X
Lara can't beat Master Chief. She either gets her neck snapped, her head smashed, beheaded by an energy sword, get shot in the head, get a curbstomp, have her limbs ripped.

Pyron_Knight
I guess what they say is true. Any publicity is good publicity because all anyone say sabout Sonic anymore is he's not as good as he used to be and never will be again.

Someone is forgetting the two movies starring one of the biggest actresses in the world that were released ealry this century. That already gives her far more star power than Chief ever could have.

Apart from Snake all you're listing are modern flashy heroes who won't mean anything in another ten years. The God of War franchise is going nowhere and DMC, apart from a stupid anime, hasn't extended outside gaming at all as far as I know.

Compare it to the 50+ comics Lara has gotten. Her 8 games. Her 2 Hollywood movies. Hell she even has some animated things if I remember her wiki right.
And that's not even counting the loads of merchandise with her on it.

In ten years Kratos and Dante will be a minor footnote and Lara will be as iconic as ever.

ThunderGodEneru
I guess what they say is true. Any publicity is good publicity because all anyone say sabout Sonic anymore is he's not as good as he used to be and never will be again.

Someone is forgetting the two movies starring one of the biggest actresses in the world that were released ealry this century. That already gives her far more star power than Chief ever could have.

Apart from Snake all you're listing are modern flashy heroes who won't mean anything in another ten years. The God of War franchise is going nowhere and DMC, apart from a stupid anime, hasn't extended outside gaming at all as far as I know.

Compare it to the 50+ comics Lara has gotten. Her 8 games. Her 2 Hollywood movies. Hell she even has some animated things if I remember her wiki right.
And that's not even counting the loads of merchandise with her on it.

In ten years Kratos and Dante will be a minor footnote and Lara will be as iconic as ever. 1. Not true. Some people like Secret Rings(personally I did not), and I liked Sonic 2006(most did not lol). Sonic HAS waned...But Tomb Raider has become downright irrelevant.

2. You mean the movies that were destroyed by critics and barely made a profit? no expression And Halo is going to have a movie.

3. And you're listing an ancient heroine who doesn't amount to shit NOW. God of War, all the games, have received massive critical acclaim. Hell, the Mobile Phone game even has friggin 9/10. Oh, and it is getting a movie. Kratos is one of Playstation's foremost icons, only Solid Snake can be considered greater. Hell, God of War 2 is considered the "Swan Song" of the PS2. DMC is overrated as hell, I give you that. But it sells more and is more popular today. It has spawned novels, an anime, and, you guessed it, a frickin movie.

And who the hell is running out to buy TR comics, animations, or merc?

Lara already is a minor footnote.

Pyron_Knight
There are a few people everywhere who will like this game or that game. That doesn't reflect the majority opinion though that the Sonic games are always disappointing and nothing more.

Uh movie critics are notorious for not giving a fair view of movies that are spawned by other franchises. Game-based movies largely being shitty, there's double bias.
As for not making a profit,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider_(film)#Box_office_performance

What's popular now means jack all. Or do you think more people know of Kratos than they know of Pacman?
You just listed temporary hits who won't stay the test of time like the other characters I listed.

Do any of these movies star A-List Hollywood actors or actresses?

Besides Lara already has more than that. The only thing she doesn't have is an anime.

Nobody. No one is running out to buy Halo novels either. They're only read by gaming nerds.

Nemesis X
Halo is gonna have an animated series. Will Lara? Doubt it.

k1Lla441
how can anyone even argue that lara is more popular than mc? thats just a joke. there are many many videogame characters that are much more popular than her, and her games were never really that good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.