Colossus vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
Colossus may be the best the X-men have to offer. He may be one of the best fighting strong men in marvel.
Can the Captain stand up to a blistering bombardment and somehow manage to disable living steel?

King KAM
colossus isnt the best at anything.....cap uses him....

wolverine8888
first off colossus could but he far from best x-men. also he actauly not that good fighter even out of the suepr strong guys I thought u should know

Tha C-Master
Colossus would snatch caps shield, and beat him with it.

wolverine8888
I think he beat capt just cuz realy ahrd for capt to do any damage to him but be pritty good fight

King KAM
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Colossus would snatch caps shield, and beat him with it.
c'mon now....

Wonderman
Colossus is like the Mutant litmus test. If your one of the people that underrate him then you really don't know much about mutants or superheros at all.

King KAM
Originally posted by Wonderman
Colossus is like the Mutant litmus test. If your one of the people that underrate him then you really don't know much about mutants or superheros at all.
i know about him, i just dont care for him.....and that my decision, just like i dont care about wonderman.

cheldon
colossus. what could cap do? hit him?

Wonderman
oh comics are gay right

King KAM
ahem....

Wonderman
True but that's Thor.
Colossus is a mutant.
And he is the Primary One as far as i can see.

Metalmanx
Wow. Why did you go and make this thread?

I love Cap and all, but there's nothing he can do. Nothing in the slightest.

Colossus, on the other hand, barely has a to lift a finger to win. In fact, it's not much of a challenge at all.

Cap tries to shield a punch, he gets sent flying several miles.

Or, Colossus just grabs the shield and rips his arm off.

It's really not much of a fight at all.

Colossus 15/10.

Wonderman
What happens when Colossus's thoughts turn to living steel and Professor X destroys his mind by trying to read his thoughts

spetznaz
Originally posted by King KAM

Question: How exactly would Cap. America even hurt Colossus?
Cap has nothing in his arsenal that could even hurt Colossus (unless he visits Reed Richards or Black Panther and gets some nifty gadgets, or spends some time in te Batcave picking up all sorts of toys).
Cap's shield is unbreakable, and I can see how it is possible for a super-strong character (even at Rogue's strength level) to use the shield as a battering ram, or even a rather large discus or shuriken. However Cap America 'only' has strength levels at the maximum human limit. Not enough strength to drive anything, even a unbreakable shield, through organic steel.
I cannot see how Cap could even hurt Colossus, let alone win. Unless some rather creative writing takes place, or if Cap decides to use equipment that he normally doesn't have.
But if Cap goes with brawn and shield he might as well try punching through a mountain.

King KAM
collsus isnt primary nuthin, he cant beat any psychics.....hes not primary nothin....hes a class-b hero.

Wonderman
you'll never hmph me with some puny god over a mutant. now i have to pull out a little pic i like to call
Wammy!

King KAM
you'll never hmph me with some puny god over a mutant. now i have to pull out a little pic i like to call
Wammy!
hes not really a mutant..... well he is...but not really

wolverine8888
colossus wins mso tlikly do to the fact captain can't relay hurt him oh and also thor more durable then colossus colossus being a mutant means nuthing

Wonderman
check out the dudes link where cap can kill Thor to see if this fight is far fetched

wolverine8888
colossus wins but u overate colossus

Wonderman
I'm not overrateing him. He's way tougher at fighting then the Thing.
He'd level Thing. Everyone knows it. He grew up an X-men fighting with the best fighter there is, Logan. His living organic steel which is high nigh invulnerable has grown over the years and his strength accordingly. I don't even know how Magneto may effect living organic steel.
I think out of all the 100 ton class who could stand up to Hulk, Colossus is by far the best pick.
He used to be an ordinary 100 ton. Nowaday's he's a compact 140 ton mountain of organic steel.

wolverine8888
dude things a better fighter then colossus skill wise thou I don't know if he would win. thor and hercules I know would beat colossuse along with silver surfer there are quite a few 100ton character that would. no colossus maxes out at 100tons look at his stat he level 6 100tons max. level 7 is 100ton and higher. but I get what ur saying he is very good

wolverine8888
also his durabilty is 6 which is only superhuman in is not nearly invulnerable but he is highly durable. also magneto can control is metal very easly

King KAM
I'm not overrateing him. He's way tougher at fighting then the Thing.
He'd level Thing. Everyone knows it. He grew up an X-men fighting with the best fighter there is, Logan. His living organic steel which is high nigh invulnerable has grown over the years and his strength accordingly. I don't even know how Magneto may effect living organic steel.
I think out of all the 100 ton class who could stand up to Hulk, Colossus is by far the best pick.
He used to be an ordinary 100 ton. Nowaday's he's a compact 140 ton mountain of organic steel.
Level the Thing??!??!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
you cant be serious!!!!! The thing would RUIN colossus.

Wynndar
Colossus is great, dont get me wrong...but he doesnt have a tenth of Thing's resume. Saying he grew up a better fighter than the Thing is a joke. Ben Grimm was already a highly impressive before he became the Thing. Colossus has never come close to demonstrating the Thing's bravery or determination either. When Galactus turned him back to plain old Ben Grimm he picked up a sharp piece of wreckage and charged him with it! Thing's gone two to two with cosmic bad guys on a regular basis. Colossus's only experiences are with Champion and Gladiator. Colossus is the size of the Hulk's leg...that wouldnt even be a fight.

juggernaut74
Wynndar Colossus did way better against Juggernaut than poor Benji did.

wolverine8888
nick fury said that thing would fallow him into the gates of hell if he asked

Wynndar
Originally posted by juggernaut74

Thats not even a reputable example. U know very well what happened and that it wasnt a regular straight up fight.

King KAM
Originally posted by juggernaut74
we dont use abc logic.....

and if Pietro is soooo buff as a normal human, why doesnt he de-metalize and fight cap, i give him less than 30 seconds.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Wynndar
Thats not even a reputable example. U know very well what happened and that it wasnt a regular straight up fight. What about Sasquatch?

Wynndar
what about Sasquatch?

King KAM
everyone has losses....including juggs, so lets not go there....

juggernaut74
what about Sasquatch? Ben couldnt finish him off while Colossus could.

Benji was actually getting beat in that fight.

xmarksthespot
Colossus is great, dont get me wrong...but he doesnt have a tenth of Thing's resume. Saying he grew up a better fighter than the Thing is a joke. Ben Grimm was already a highly impressive before he became the Thing. Colossus has never come close to demonstrating the Thing's bravery or determination either. When Galactus turned him back to plain old Ben Grimm he picked up a sharp piece of wreckage and charged him with it! Thing's gone two to two with cosmic bad guys on a regular basis. Colossus's only experiences are with Champion and Gladiator. Colossus is the size of the Hulk's leg...that wouldnt even be a fight. Colossus never demonstrated bravery and determination? He sacrificed his life... twice.
Colossus beats Cap. And he would beat Thing. No amount of "heart" changes that because Colossus is made of rage. As for charging Galactus with a sharp object... thin line between bravery and just plain stupidity.

Wynndar
Sasquatch and THing fought to a standstill when Thing could barely lift 5 tons. Later on Thing proved to do way better than Sassy against the Champion. Then in infinity wars Sasquatch admitted himself that he was no match for the Thing.

Scoobless
if Cap smacks him with the shield full whack into his temple he could get a win.... maybe...... but it's not very likely

on the other hand (or glove) he has his energy shield thingy that he can manipulate into various shapes.... he could spear Colossus through the eye with it

King KAM
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Colossus never demonstrated bravery and determination? He died for mutantkind.
Colossus beats Cap. And he would beat Thing. No amount of "heart" changes that because Colossus is made of rage. As for charging Galactus with a sharp object... thin line between bravery and just plain stupidity.
thing is stronger, and almost as durable, and he fights better, thank TOAA for upgrades!

Wynndar
Colossus never demonstrated bravery and determination? He sacrificed his life... twice.

The "made of Rage" thing is getting old. Sorry to forget about the whole legacy virus sacrafice...But i was refering to bravery on the battle field. Colossus has a lot of heart too. But the Thing is the quintessential determined character. Saying Colossus would beat the Thing isnt that convincing. Colossus is an X-Man...He's a mutant crime fighter. He's had a good showing against Juggernaut. Thats about it. Things gone up against:

Thanos
Champion
Occulus
Hulk(Every incarnation)
Gladiator
Thor
Doctor Doom
Overmind
Blastarr
Superskrull
Terrax
Juggernaut
Silver Surfer
Blackbolt
Wrecker
Rhino
Sasquatch
Namor
Gorgon
Dragon Man
Awesome Android
She Hulk
Wonderman
Absorbing Man
Titania
Ronan
Anihilus
Galactus' Robot
Ironman

Like I said...Colossus is great. But to say that he outmatches Thing because of experiecnce from running around with Wolverine as a teen is kinda unimpressive. Colossus probably has some tough guys he's gone against that Im forgetting...Im a Thing fan though so Im going to defend his side. I dont expect u to be convinced by my argument

wolverine8888
runnign around with wolverien growing up in not unimpressive as I recall wolverine has more wins vs thing then vice versa. im on things side thou vs colossus

Wynndar
I was refering to how Wonderman said he was a better fighter cuz he's grown up an X-Man...whatever that means? I dont think he knows much about Grimm.

wolverine8888
oh ok ya ben gimm deffently a better fight I think he like level 5 outa 7 which is wicked good. he fought in some war with wolverine way back befor he was thing and also back then he was even peak human strength, how wierd is that

xmarksthespot
The "made of Rage" thing is getting old. Sorry to forget about the whole legacy virus sacrafice...But i was refering to bravery on the battle field. Colossus has a lot of heart too. But the Thing is the quintessential determined character. Saying Colossus would beat the Thing isnt that convincing. Colossus is an X-Man...He's a mutant crime fighter. He's had a good showing against Juggernaut. Thats about it. Things gone up against:

Like I said...Colossus is great. But to say that he outmatches Thing because of experiecnce from running around with Wolverine as a teen is kinda unimpressive. Colossus probably has some tough guys he's gone against that Im forgetting...Im a Thing fan though so Im going to defend his side. I dont expect u to be convinced by my argument That's a nice list. But imo just listing FF adversaries isn't really a conclusive argument. Imo Colossus is stronger, but for all intents and purposes they are essentially equal in strength. Colossus is definitely more durable. Colossus is imo faster and more agile. Has more endurance considering he doesn't have to eat, breathe, drink etc in armoured form. The entire Thing argument seems to hinge on his experience and the fact that he has "heart".
Colossus does have skills and experience, regardless of how unimpressive you think it is and try to make it sound, considering he has been trained in martial arts and has been an X-Man since he was in his teens, and he's also arguably more inclined to use his head in a fight. As for bravery, I don't see how there's a difference on or off the battlefield. The courage to sacrifice your life to save others is still the courage to sacrifice your life to save others on or off a battlefield. Of course I don't expect my argument to convince you either.

wolverine8888
actauly ur wrong abotu stamina food has nuthign to do with it thing actauly has more stamina so if it came down to who can fight the longest he wins

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by wolverine8888
actauly ur wrong abotu stamina food has nuthign to do with it thing actauly has more stamina so if it came down to who can fight the longest he wins Uh.. I wrote "considering Colossus doesn't need food etc" as a way of indicating what I meant by endurance. Whereas you're referring to the "heart" definition of endurance, which I also referred to.

Both Colossus and Thing beat Captain America.

braz

wtf are you kidding me???...colossus would stomp captain america right..?? i mean, he has like 50 ton+ strength or somethin...he'd squish someone like cap like a bug

dvampire
ahem....

Cap did that to Thor? confused

King KAM
Originally posted by dvampire
Cap did that to Thor? confused
king thor......

Wynndar
That's a nice list. But imo just listing FF adversaries isn't really a conclusive argument. Imo Colossus is stronger, but for all intents and purposes they are essentially equal in strength. Colossus is definitely more durable. Colossus is imo faster and more agile. Has more endurance considering he doesn't have to eat, breathe, drink etc in armoured form. The entire Thing argument seems to hinge on his experience and the fact that he has "heart".
Colossus does have skills and experience, regardless of how unimpressive you think it is and try to make it sound, considering he has been trained in martial arts and has been an X-Man since he was in his teens, and he's also arguably more inclined to use his head in a fight. As for bravery, I don't see how there's a difference on or off the battlefield. The courage to sacrifice your life to save others is still the courage to sacrifice your life to save others on or off a battlefield. Of course I don't expect my argument to convince you either.

No I was listing people he had fought one on one...with the exception of Thanos who he fought with Thor and was quickly KTFO. Thing has superhuman Speed. He even mentions it in this last month's issue of Marvel knights 4. He has also ran down the Rhino. Using their heads on the battlefield? U know Thing was a pretty competent leader of the F4 for several years? He is resourceful enough to out fight teams of people, i.e. when he put it down on the whole Avengers. I will give it to colossus in Agility, he's always doing summersualts...when Thing jumps around i think he's made to look a little more masculine. And i wasnt trying to downplay Colossus sacrificing his life. But I simply forgot that instance considering it wasnt in a fight...it was very admirable.

BTW Ben Grimm charging Galactus with a big sharp piece of metal wasnt stupid, Galactus was going to consume the Earth immediately afterward and the Grimm was desperate to do anything to stop him and save Colossus, the X-Men, and the rest of the world.

Wynndar
Cap has fought the Hulk too. Colossus is a lot smaller though and I dont think he would be able to use his strategy of clinging on his back.

wolverine8888
endurence is how long u can fight would out tiring it ahs nuthign to do with food or heart realy well a little with ehart

Metalmanx
That's a nice list. But imo just listing FF adversaries isn't really a conclusive argument. Imo Colossus is stronger, but for all intents and purposes they are essentially equal in strength. Colossus is definitely more durable. Colossus is imo faster and more agile. Has more endurance considering he doesn't have to eat, breathe, drink etc in armoured form. The entire Thing argument seems to hinge on his experience and the fact that he has "heart".

I know, I know. It's difficult trying to convince some people.

To answer wolverine8888's statement, Colossus does indeed have more stamina and endurance. In fact, for all intents and purposes (sorry to steal your line there, Xmarks, heh), Colossus can pretty much keep on fighting as long as he wants to.

Can't say the same for Thing. Since Thing still needs to EAT, BREATHE, AND DRINK. Colossus doesn't require any of these.

Much more durable than Thing, pretty much nigh-invulnerable really. There's nothing Thing could do to really hurt Colossus in the slightest. While there are many things that Colossus could do.

Like Xmarks said, Colussus has become quite the skilled fighter over the years, training in several forms of martial arts, and also training with both Cyclops and Wolverine (personally, I'd prefer Cyclops's teachings). He's far more agile and quick than the Thing could ever hope to be. As well as superhuman speed. I'm not just making that up. Colossus also has superhuman speed. Just looks like nothing compared to real speedsters. He has demonstrated quite the intellect both on and off the battlefield. He hardly ever just charges into a fight, fist flying, like some orange rocky characters I know.

And yea. I'll say it. Colossus is stronger.

And the only reason that Thing has so many more fights, is well, because he's one of four. While Colossus is one of well...a crapload. They just don't focus on him the same way that Thing is, since Thing is a major character in the Fantastic Four. If the X-men were chopped down to four people and Colossus was one of them, believe you me. Colossus would have far more impressive showings as well.

Basically what I'm trying to say is...Colossus stomps Captain America.

Literally.

xmarksthespot
Go tell an athlete or sports medicine practitioner that physical endurance has nothing to do with nutritional or respiratory requirements.

Imo Colossus vs Thing is a good fight but Colossus wins.
They'd both beat Captain America.
They'd both beat Wolverine too.

Wynndar
Neither of them have human physiology. So its irrelevant. Thor eats and breaths too....Colossus cant match him in endurance though. Thing's not a mutant. His powers are interdimensional in origin...he isnt laying class 100 punches from the sandwich he eats at lunch.

peejayd
* this is stupid... Colossus would crush Cap, 'nuff said...

King_Mungi
Sasquatch and THing fought to a standstill when Thing could barely lift 5 tons. Later on Thing proved to do way better than Sassy against the Champion. Then in infinity wars Sasquatch admitted himself that he was no match for the Thing.

Not really, Sasquatch had this and he didn't even want to fight. He was originally 100 class range, way higher than Thing and still is, but his base is around 70-80 tons but when he gets enraged look out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/thingandsasquatch.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/sasfight10sg.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/sasfight25ny.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/sasfight33qs.gif

Him saying he was no match for Thing is true in his base strength, but when he gets enraged and lets Tanaraq get control or goes into instinct mode he is right back up to high class 100 range.

Colossus beat Sasquatch with Judo, by using Sas's strength against him. That showed he was a better fighter rather than a stronger one. Walter really didn't have a grasp on his Sas power's yet, so a rematch Sas would win.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I know, I know. It's difficult trying to convince some people.

To answer wolverine8888's statement, Colossus does indeed have more stamina and endurance. In fact, for all intents and purposes (sorry to steal your line there, Xmarks, heh), Colossus can pretty much keep on fighting as long as he wants to.

Can't say the same for Thing. Since Thing still needs to EAT, BREATHE, AND DRINK. Colossus doesn't require any of these.

Much more durable than Thing, pretty much nigh-invulnerable really. There's nothing Thing could do to really hurt Colossus in the slightest. While there are many things that Colossus could do.

Like Xmarks said, Colussus has become quite the skilled fighter over the years, training in several forms of martial arts, and also training with both Cyclops and Wolverine (personally, I'd prefer Cyclops's teachings). He's far more agile and quick than the Thing could ever hope to be. As well as superhuman speed. I'm not just making that up. Colossus also has superhuman speed. Just looks like nothing compared to real speedsters. He has demonstrated quite the intellect both on and off the battlefield. He hardly ever just charges into a fight, fist flying, like some orange rocky characters I know.

And yea. I'll say it. Colossus is stronger.

And the only reason that Thing has so many more fights, is well, because he's one of four. While Colossus is one of well...a crapload. They just don't focus on him the same way that Thing is, since Thing is a major character in the Fantastic Four. If the X-men were chopped down to four people and Colossus was one of them, believe you me. Colossus would have far more impressive showings as well.

Basically what I'm trying to say is...Colossus stomps Captain America.

Literally.

Hehehe...good post metalmax I agree with a lot that u've said. Colossus has incredible stmania. But Im pretty sure he has demonstrated fatigue. He is also a great fighter and has demonstrated strategy. Im not saying he cant mount a strategy. But I think Thing is more proficient considering he has actually been the leader of the FF, a team that relies on strategy more than just about anyone. Colossus may have superhuman speed. But Thing certainly does also. I dont know how to prove which one is faster, but Thing has run down the Rhino who can run at over 150 mph. Same thing as to whihc one is stronger. Thing is bigger and has more feats of strength. But a lot of people speculate Colossus is just as strong if not stronger....but I cant tell if this is based on anything other than their personal beleifs. And my point isnt that Thing has fought more people. They have both fought tons of people...but Thing fights qualitatively more impressive opponents. We can make a list of people Colossus has fought...but it will include people like Sunder, the Brood, the marauders...etc. while Thing's includes Occulus, Terrax, and the Wrecker.

Thing appears stronger to me. How many times has he lifted enormous objects or knocked an opponent or object great distance. Colossus threw Wolverine at Ord's spaceship and Wolverine was impressed. Thing has knocked the 2,750lb Terrax farther than that and launched how many objects into orbit or the upper atmosphere? See what Im saying?

OneDumbG0
Colossus is not agile enough to hit Cap. He'd never be able to tag him. Since he could never tag Cap, Cap would find a way to use leverage and apply the hurtin on Colossus. For instance, Cap would just dodge side to side and cause Colossus to keep switching his lead foot. After frustrating him, Colossus would trip over himself, and fall over on his face. He'd pick himself up and turn over on his backside and at that point, Cap would jump down and bring his entire weight and strength down on Colossus throat with his shield. We've seen Cap sever Ultron's neck with his shield in Avenger's Dissasembled.

Even if Colossus is of high durability, Cap could in all likelihood dent his neck by hittin his adam's apple. Cap could find several better ways to repeat this and after a while, Colossus would have to change back due to an involuntary reaction or to massage his larynyx, Cap swats his face with a backhand and its over. And before you say he doesn't have to breathe, I haven't seen MU Colossus do away with breathing. Ultimate Colossus, yes, during his submarine rescue. But back when Colossus was an Acolyte and floating around in space, he wore a space suit. If somebody can show me a scan of MU Colossus walking around in water without worrying about breathing or floating in space without breathing, then I will grant that it will be harder for Cap to take him down.

Either way, Danger didn't take out Colossus by raw power, she did it by outthinking him. And Cap's too smart to be taken down by even an above average fighter at best. That shield of his has been thrown and wielded with enough force to knock out the Wrecking Crew and Asgardian villains, and to stagger folks like Ultron and pre-IG Thanos. You think Cap tagging Colossus straight in the eye with his shield wouldn't cause him to stagger? Hell, Ultimate Falcon clearly beat Ultimate Colossus in Ultimate Nightmare.

Wolverine hasn't been able to catch Cap's shield in mid-flight, what makes you think Colossus could do it? Logan gets clonked every friggin time. Cap takes it most of the time by taking advantage of his agility, fighting prowess and equal stamina.

Wynndar
Falcon beat Ult Colossus?

xmarksthespot
This is just silly. Is it that hard to just say "Captain America loses."? Oh and yes for some reason in Ult. Nightmare (which wasn't very interestin) Colossus' eyes weren't armoured that was how the writers made Falcon "beat" him.

Piedmon
Cap beheads Colossus with his laser shield THAT HE STILL ****ING HAS WHY THE **** WOULD ANYONE DROP A LASER SHIELD

Orestes
Nobody can beat Cap. Not even Cap can beat Cap. Once Cap had to fight Cap, but he lost.

Wynndar
Cap fights a skrull imitating Colossus in FF#250 whose powers were superior to the real thing. The skrull was even able to nullify the shield's energy absorbing properties and Cap still survived the encounter.

xmarksthespot
If he didn't survive there'd be no Captain America today now would there?

ImmortalOne
Cap is tooooooo cool to beat !!!!

Wynndar
Hehehe..well u know what Im saying. Im just trying to give him some credit on here.

ImmortalOne
Imagine if Cap has Supez powers !!!

Smaxxer
Colossus is reading the newspaper and suddenly he realizes that somebody is hammering on him with a shield for the last half an hour.

After a while, it gets on his nerves, gets up and breaks Captain America in two...

After that, he grabs a pencil and starts filling in the crosswords. Hm, Russian for "little water", five letters...

black robb
Colossus could just slap him with his wiener;the ultimate disgrace

snoopdogg
Cap fights a skrull imitating Colossus in FF#250 whose powers were superior to the real thing. The skrull was even able to nullify the shield's energy absorbing properties and Cap still survived the encounter. Colossus laid the smack down of a Hulk imitating Skrull.

He also laid the smack down on a Gladiator imitating Skrull.

Orestes
Nothing actually beats the Cap Factor. Batman Almighty can tie with it, though. wink

'Tis sad, yet true.

snoopdogg

snoopdogg

Wynndar
When the match up seems to good to be true, its always a skrull.

snoopdogg
When the match up seems to good to be true, its always a skrull. Or a Doombot.........

OneDumbG0
This is just silly. Is it that hard to just say "Captain America loses."? Oh and yes for some reason in Ult. Nightmare (which wasn't very interestin) Colossus' eyes weren't armoured that was how the writers made Falcon "beat" him. Ho hum. That pic of yours definitely proves Colossus don't need to breathe. But that recent pic of Colossus raging through the Imperial Guard is a bit cheesy... I won't say PIS, because it looks like Storm and Prof X are there helping out... but Gladiator getting manhandled by Colossus? And I'd like to see what happened after Hulk got whacked by Colossus.

BTW, I've got comics of Cap throwing around and knocking around people like Rhino and Thunder Ball without using real leverage. Scans this weekend, I promise... Never underestimate the strength and precision of the Old Soldier. If anything, Cap would find a way, but lets assume Colossus was really immune to everything Cap could personally throw his way (the laser shield has been dumped by Cap BTW), I think Cap would be smart enough to strategically use his environment. Ice, a construction site w/ wrecking balls, gas lines for explosions. Meh, Cap would find a way. If you disagree, and you believe Colossus is invulnerable to everything outside a Juggernaut punch, I still don't see how Colossus could ever manage to tag Cap. Just because you don't think Cap can hurt him doesn't preclude the fact that Colossus might not be able to ever tag Cap either.

BTW, I'm drunk for the second consecutive day if this doesn't make sense. sick

Wynndar
its not the real guard but Skrulls posing.

wolverine8888
there all skrull there not the actaul people

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Ho hum. That pic of yours definitely proves Colossus don't need to breathe. But that recent pic of Colossus raging through the Imperial Guard is a bit cheesy... I won't say PIS, because it looks like Storm and Prof X are there helping out... but Gladiator getting manhandled by Colossus? And I'd like to see what happened after Hulk got whacked by Colossus.

BTW, I've got comics of Cap throwing around and knocking around people like Rhino and Thunder Ball without using real leverage. Scans this weekend, I promise... Never underestimate the strength and precision of the Old Soldier. If anything, Cap would find a way, but lets assume Colossus was really immune to everything Cap could personally throw his way (the laser shield has been dumped by Cap BTW), I think Cap would be smart enough to strategically use his environment. Ice, a construction site w/ wrecking balls, gas lines for explosions. Meh, Cap would find a way. If you disagree, and you believe Colossus is invulnerable to everything outside a Juggernaut punch, I still don't see how Colossus could ever manage to tag Cap. Just because you don't think Cap can hurt him doesn't preclude the fact that Colossus might not be able to ever tag Cap either.

BTW, I'm drunk for the second consecutive day if this doesn't make sense. sick Made pretty good sense considering you're drunk lol. I'm not saying it's impossible for Captain America to win but I generally don't buy "He's so-and-so. He'll find a way. He'll win." arguments. Colossus would win the overwhelming majority.

wolverine8888
colossus is only 6 durabilty he migmt even be just 5 but im pritty sure he 6 out 7

EsteemedLeader
How is Colossus going to lay a hand on him? Cap dodges all sorts of crap, including organic metal fists...

xmarksthespot
Colossus isn't any slower in his armoured form than he is as flesh. Captain America is peak human speed he isn't Spider-Man. A single punch is all that's necessary. If Captain America punches Colossus he'll likely shatter his metacarpals while doing nothing to Colossus.

snoopdogg
there all skrull there not the actaul people Thats the real Colossus in both pics.

Scoobless
Colossus isn't any slower in his armoured form than he is as flesh.

he's actually faster when he's armoured
colossus is only 6 durabilty he migmt even be just 5 but im pritty sure he 6 out 7

stop quoting the rankings from Marvel.com .... some of them are total BS ... use examples of stuff that's actually happened in the comics

(and use the spellcheck once in a while)

Draco69
This thread alone shows how ridiculously overrated Captain America is. If I posted a Batman or Daredevil vs. Colossus thread it wouldn't last two pages.

Orestes
Originally posted by Draco69
This thread alone shows how ridiculously overrated Captain America is. If I posted a Batman or Daredevil vs. Colossus thread it wouldn't last two pages.

I keep trying to tell people ... only Batman Almighty can go toe-to-toe with Cap. That's it. It's just the way it is. stick out tongue

Edit: Well, and maybe "faster than lightning" Spider-Man.

OneDumbG0
DD took out Absorbing Man when he was in diamond form in a toe to toe fight... and Batman's probably got grenades in his batbelt and might pop one in Colossues' mouth.

MMMMM DINNERQQQQQ

MORE BEERQ! HURRAY FOR BEER!

snoopdogg
I just wonder what Cap. can do that will hurt Colossus.

If Wolverine cannot cut him....................

OneDumbG0
Eeven if Cap can't hurt Colossus, which I think is rischnokulous... That doesn';t spell as well as it soudns... its supposed to be ridiculous but with a 'schnok' it the middle of it...

Anyway... Colossus can't hurt Cap cuase he could never tag him.,

Stalemate or whoever decides to give up and go home. Cap got more will, he rarely gets frustrated into temper tantrums so he wins by Colossus giving up.

If you say rischnokulous out loud it sounds funny. just remmeber who to give credit when people laugh!

Draco69
Of course Colossus can hurt Captain America. SIMPLE: He spreads his arms....then he claps. Huge shockwave. Or he jumps and crashs down with the force of a bomb. Or he rips the ground underneath them and creates a wave of land. So many options.

DrDoom101
i wonder if colossus can knock the shield out of the captain's grasps

Scoobless
Cap's used that energy shield to do some pretty impressive things..... he may be able to use it to hurt Colossus

DrDoom101
but cnat colossus grab it really tight and throw it away?

Draco69
Yes. For god's sake the shield is in fact removable. All he has to do is hit Cap with sufficent force for him to let go of the shield.

Does anyone think they still can hold a shield after being hit with 200 mph school bus?

DrDoom101
i cant tell, are you against me, draco?

Draco69
???? I'm for Colossus. And logic. I don't what side you're on.

Scoobless
Yes. For god's sake the shield is in fact removable. All he has to do is hit Cap with sufficent force for him to let go of the shield.

Does anyone think they still can hold a shield after being hit with 200 mph school bus?

i was talking about the energy shield he has in his glove, he can alter it's shape for a variety of uses

Draco69
Originally posted by Scoobless
i was talking about the energy shield he has in his glove, he can alter it's shape for a variety of uses

You posted before I posted. I meant the original shield.

And I doubt the energy shield won't do much but annoy Colossus.

Scoobless
And I doubt the energy shield won't do much but annoy Colossus.

maybe.... but he did take out Rhino with it, and almost nailed Atlas with it (i don't have that many examples cos i don't read Cap's own comics...... he shoved it down Ultron's throat.... seemed to really piss him off

Draco69
Rhino is not great example. I'm convinced Spoiler can kick his ass.

I think the problem with Atlas as I recall was because of the energy properties disrupt his ionic form.

The same thing happened with Ultron's "deepthroating". ONLY after Panther threw his energy daggers and Iron Man unleashed his uni-beam.

OneDumbG0
But since Cap is not a dousche bag and probably knows how durable Colossus is, wouldn't he keep his distance? Yes, if Colossus whacked Cap, Cap would take a snooze... but... the point is, even that being true... and granting to you that Cap cannot hurt Colossus, (Owhich is again rischnokulous), how is it guaranteed that Colossus would tag Cap?

If it ain't gauaranteed, and if Cap's agility and smarts can keep him one step ahead of Peter... wouldn't even a range attack like a shockwave clap just carry the Old Soldier to safety? Even if he hits the ground and causes shockwaves, Cap could just jump rto safety. And if Colossus hits it with so much force that the shockwaves last more than a few seconds so that Cap lands into the disaster after he jumps (which I doubt he could accomplish anyway), he'd probably bury himself in the process. Hell, that shield has protected him from Thanos, Loki blasts and enraged She-Hulks. Even if Colossus can maneuiver in to get a shot in, Cap could take a shot with his shield any day and would most likely have the presence of mind to glance away Colossus blow.

And I have very rarely seen anybody take Cap's shield away from him unless they were both strong and fast like Namor. In fact, I've only seen two instances where someone grabbed Cap's shield away from his hands or in mid-flight EVER. Once was when someone used magic to guide to steal it mid-flight (Kulan gath) and the second in a recent scan of Namor whackiung Cap and taking it himself in a Wolverine v Namor thread. I'm not saying there arent more, but i highly doubt Colossus could do it. If Cap is standing still, sure Colossus could do it. But who here thinks, Cap's going to stand there like a schlub? He's not stupid. Damn,dedfending Cap has finalyl started to sober me up. You guys suck. mad

Draco69
You honestly think a shockwave would "carry" him like a horse on a caruosel? If that's true, bombs are harmless. The shockwave would LIQUIFY his organs.

OneDumbG0
You honestly think a shockwave would "carry" him like a horse on a caruosel? If that's true, bombs are harmless. The shockwave would LIQUIFY his organs. I don't understand... I doubt even Colossus would be capable of a shockwave that effective via a hand-clap. Hulk made a shockwave when Spidey was on his back via the same hand-clap method in an issue of Amazing Spider-man when Hulk was bloodlusted because of a gamma virus, and all it did was throw Spidey for a loop. It didn't liquefy his organs at all. I doubt Colossus could make a more effective one than Hulk considering Hulk is bigger and stronger and bloodlusted in that issue...

And the shockwave from pummeling the ground would carry itself through the ground mostly in a downward direction. The reason some bombs are so effective is that they explode outward after hitting the ground. I don't even think we have a machine invented capable of throwing metal pylons into the ground and causing a shockwave outwards similiar to a bomb's outward explosion. Colossus does not have the mutant ability to redirect shockwaves, they'd just go straight down and vibrate through the ground and cause, at best, a residual shockwave effect within a limited radius.

DrDoom101
???? I'm for Colossus. And logic. I don't what side you're on.

im for colossus. im just trying to state that colossus is strong enough to remove the shield from Captain America's grasp and defeat him

pr1983
Colossus... the most cap can do is hit him with the shield... whats that gonna do against a guy whos eyeballs can deflect magnum bullets... messed

DrDoom101
yes

Droopy
Cap wins

DrDoom101
what is the matter with you? no offense intended. first you say wolverine can beat havok, now Capt America can beat Colossus?

Droopy
Go to page 1 look at King Kam's pic Cap is too smart for colossus batman could beat colossus too but your probably gonna come back and say how colossus is out of caps leauge but cap wins so chill

pr1983
Originally posted by Droopy
Go to page 1 look at King Kam's pic Cap is too smart for colossus batman could beat colossus too but your probably gonna come back and say how colossus is out of caps leauge but cap wins so chill

umm... what is batman going to do? or cap for that matter?

Droopy
Hey if it comes to saving the world who you gonna pick Caps a legend Colossus goes down

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by DrDoom101
what is the matter with you? no offense intended. first you say wolverine can beat havok, now Capt America can beat Colossus? Yeah but... even though you guys reject my arguments about how Cap could damage Colossus... I have already pretty much shot down all your arguments and theories as to how Colossus could damage Cap. I mean... isn't the argument about Superman v Hulk, is that although Hulk could hurt him if he got his hands on him, Superman would never let himself get hit in the first place, because of his speed? I'm just applying the same thing here... if its so obvious to you guys that Colossus cannot be hurt by Cap's shield or fists, I'm pretty sure Cap would understand that too and not go toe to toe with him...

Why are all your scenarios about Colossus being on top of Cap and ripping his shield away or punching him? Since when is Cap dumb and flatfooted? In the end, you guys at best can only argue for a stalemate. Which is what I was saying. I wasn't saying that Cap could take this easily. But granting all your assumptions and not ignoring Cap's ability to evade, how can Colossus do anything but stalemate?

I still haven't posted my scans to show how effective a force his shield is. That thing can cut through a lot... If anything, it should be able to at least dent Colossus a lil bit. And I'm just arguing for his normal shield... but that'll come this weekend.

Droopy
Yeah but... even though you guys reject my arguments about how Cap could damage Colossus... I have already pretty much shot down all your arguments and theories as to how Colossus could damage Cap. I mean... isn't the argument about Superman v Hulk, is that although Hulk could hurt him if he got his hands on him, Superman would never let himself get hit in the first place, because of his speed? I'm just applying the same thing here... if its so obvious to you guys that Colossus cannot be hurt by Cap's shield or fists, I'm pretty sure Cap would understand that too and not go toe to toe with him...

Why are all your scenarios about Colossus being on top of Cap and ripping his shield away or punching him? Since when is Cap dumb and flatfooted? In the end, you guys at best can only argue for a stalemate. Which is what I was saying. I wasn't saying that Cap could take this easily. But granting all your assumptions and not ignoring Cap's ability to evade, how can Colossus do anything but stalemate?

I still haven't posted my scans to show how effective a force his shield is. That thing can cut through a lot... If anything, it should be able to at least dent Colossus a lil bit. And I'm just arguing for his normal shield... but that'll come this weekend.

Yeah just cause a dudes stronger he wins cap wins

Metalmanx
So you guys don't think for one second that Cap will try and throw his shield?

Colossus, being faster and quicker in his steel form, would just catch it.

And then toss it China.

Uh oh. Looks like Cap is shieldless now. Whatever will he do?

Die.

And yea, I know. Cap could avoid Colossus all day long. Great way to win a fight there.

If that's how you guys wanna go about it, fine. They stalemate.

Of course, that's not how I really feel. Cap would try something, anything to damage the Russian. And when he tries, Colossus rips him apart.

It's not even funny, guys.

And lord, Batman would lose probably even faster than Cap.

wannabe
Written properly and ignoring the "idol"-status of Cap, he has no chance of winning against Colossus.
A guy who can stop trains with his bare hands without any problems (i know it was ultimate C, but he is supposed to be even weaker than 616 C) will certainly be not impressed by peak human punches, even when they are supported by a shield.
The best Cap could do is to stay out of Colossus's reach for the rest of his life.

I guess we all know this would never happen in a comic where MR.CAPTAIN AMERICA is nigh unbeatable however stupid it may be, but this is a versus forum scenario and not a comic!

King KAM
c

DarkCrawler
How in the name of ankle wings has this gone to Page 6?!

What is Cap going to do? Bang him with his sheild? Good trying, Colossus could just sit there all day and wait until Cap gets tired and then punch his head to Canada...

Seriously.

King KAM
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

What is Cap going to do? Bang him with his sheild? Good trying, Colossus could just sit there all day and wait until Cap gets tired and then punch his head to Canada...

Seriously.
youre a genius....cap can tire colossus out,and then win by exhaustion.

DarkCrawler
youre a genius....cap can tire colossus out,and then win by exhaustion.

Dude. Colossus doesn't tire in his metal form. He doesn't have to sleep, eat, or breathe.

And he can stay in it for forever.

1 + 1 = 2.

Colossus wins.

wannabe
youre a genius....cap can tire colossus out,and then win by exhaustion. I guess you already read Dark Crawlers comment...i agree with it!
And even if it wouldn't be this way, how is just sitting there and getting punched by someone whose punches you can barely feel going to exhaust Colossus???

King KAM
Dude. Colossus doesn't tire in his metal form. He doesn't have to sleep, eat, or breathe.

And he can stay in it for forever.

1 + 1 = 2.

Colossus wins.
whered they say that?

wannabe
whered they say that? In various comics since he was created...didn't you pay attention??? huh

King KAM
Originally posted by wannabe
In various comics since he was created...didn't you pay attention??? huh
his speed and endurance are greater than his normal form, but Cap dont get tired.....meaning that Colossus would tire first, also it is specualted that even though he can go long without air, he could survive for long in the vacuum of space.

DarkCrawler
his speed and endurance are greater than his normal form, but Cap dont get tired.....meaning that Colossus would tire first, also it is specualted that even though he can go long without air, he could survive for long in the vacuum of space.

Colossus wouldn't tire first then Cap...his insides are metal too.

King KAM
Colossus wouldn't tire first then Cap...his insides are metal too. it says his endurance is greater, not the best, Cap doesnt produce latic acid, he tires about 4 hours after colossus.

wannabe
it says his endurance is greater, not the best, Cap doesnt produce latic acid, he tires about 4 hours after colossus. Again...Even IF it would be this way, how is just sitting there and getting punched by someone whose punches he can barely feel going to exhaust Colossus???

cherry cola
i think cap could take if he uses his manuverbility and make collosus make mistake. he just has to stay away and strike with his shield in various locations

Smaxxer
After having read some of these magnificent replies, I don't know if I have to cry or laugh.

For the last time : there's nothing Cap can do. Nothing. Nada.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by cherry cola
i think cap could take if he uses his manuverbility and make collosus make mistake. he just has to stay away and strike with his shield in various locations

...And make Colossus do what? Trip and fall over?

Oh, hard blow there for Colossus. Oh wait, what's this?! Something Cap never expected! Colossus is getting right back up!

And Cap was sure he put him down that trip!

The shield will harmlessly bounce off Colossus like a frisbee.

gladiator69
colussus would win of course he would knock the crap out of captain america. captain america is cool and all that but he doesnt have any powers. but if colussus goes at captain without turning into still just using his normal body strength then cap would win cause he has better fighting skills. but out of those 2 i like colussus better.

jplatinum
If cap hits him all out evertime using his sheild, he may just hurt him alittle.

That's all he will be able to do til colossus, who is class 100, gets really mad.

He is badass, He has whooped people for the slightest trangressions and cap will be no exeption.

Cap feels pain like he has never felt it before, courtesy of colossus' fist.

colossus wins 10/10.

DrDoom101
can colossus feel texture and pain?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DrDoom101
can colossus feel texture and pain?

Well, it's hard to explain.

He can feel pain. But you must understand the magnitude of the attack that it will take to inflict any sort of pain in him. He's nigh-invulnerable. You have to reach about the 10% perntile of powerful attacks to hurt him. That means 90% of attacks will do absolutely nothing.

Which is still kinda strange, because he can in fact feel texture. Which I'm guessing you just meant, "can he feel?" Cuz yes, yes he can.

I know, it's weird. But's he a comic book character.

peejayd
* Colossus wins, big time... another overkill...

OneDumbG0

Seriously. I still don't understand this. Even conceding this point... how does Colossus hurt Cap? The replies are:

"DUHHHQ!?!?!? Colossus punches Cap?!"

Let us Cap supporters grant you the premise, that Colossus can't be hurt by what Cap can put out himself in a pure pyhsical sense w/ shield. Cap is the leader of the Avengers and has fought side by side with Colossus and has access to his information through the Avengers of SHIELD database. So why wouldn't cap know this also? Simple answer is: He would know this. That's my premise #1. Combine that with Cap bring a master strategist. That's premise #2. The conclusion is: Cap would do everything in his power to avoid close range combat with Colossus. If that's the case, how does Colossus hit Cap? Since when is Colossus more agile and faster than Cap?

Why does everyone ignore this? Nobody ignored it in Hulk v Superman... So at best... granting your premise that Cap can't hurt him physically, this fight would again be a stalemate.

Of course... I still disagree with your assumption that Cap can't hurt him. But just because I don't agree, and will submit proof he can in a few minutes, doesn't change the argument I set forth above.

OneDumbG0
I'm going to post a lot of images, and if I could link them to somewhere so you could see the progression of logic I'm trying to prove, I would... but I don't have any kind of webpage or service... So try to bear with the multiple posts.

Anyway, this is why i think Cap could hurt and/ord damage Colossus. Even though everyone thinks he can't. First off, his fists alone have put down a lot of superpowered thugs. Partly because of his strength, precision and training. Here's a few examples:

OneDumbG0
Another one:

OneDumbG0
And yet another one:

OneDumbG0
Secondly, he is no damn slouch with his shield. People say Colossus scan catch it or rip it out of his hands. Possibly, but that isn't guaranteed, not even for Namor, and they're standing toe to toe here:

OneDumbG0
How precise is he with his shield? The guy doesn't even have to look, to be able to bank his shield off and accomplish this amount of sheer precision. With this... he could hit Colossus eye or slice his ears off, without Colossus ever knowing where its coming from... and I doubt, they're as durable as his chest because they're not backed up by steel-muscley sinew:

OneDumbG0
All these three things together his masterful skills of strategy, help Cap take down guys that are big threats. Hell, during 'Avengers Disassembled,' he took out an Ultron bot single-handedly faster than She-Hulk or any of the other Avengers combined could do. Now are we assuming these bots are made of plastic? Doubtful. They're probably made of as strong an alloy as steel and then some:

OneDumbG0
Cap could probably carve off Colossus' ears without ever getting whacked, blind him by denting his eyes and ruining the curves necessary for vision (a version of a physically induced stigatism) and probably cut off a few digits off his hands. I think Colossus with several pieces missing, would choose to give up and bail out rather than kleep fighting with someone he can't tag. This is just one of many possible ways to take out the supposedly, "indestructible" Colossus. Yeah, all those guys I showed Cap taking out? They thought they were indestructible too.

Here's one of my all-time favorite images of Cap solo and kicking butt:

Cosmic Cube
Is this thread a joke? Cap will kill Piotr.

xmarksthespot
Are we still running on the (incorrect) assumption that Colossus is slow and cumbersome in his armoured form? And that Captain America has Spider-Man speed and is mystically empowered by the mysterious cosmic Cap force.

Creshosk
How is cap going to hurt Collosus?

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/7/79/250px-Juggernaut102.gif

xmarksthespot
He's going to punch him... and shatter his metacarpals and phalanges.

Creshosk
He's going to punch him... and shatter his metacarpals and phalanges. I guess. laughing

OneDumbG0
Are we still running on the (incorrect) assumption that Colossus is slow and cumbersome in his armoured form? And that Captain America has Spider-Man speed and is mystically empowered by the mysterious cosmic Cap force. Where the hell did you get this garbage? Do I even need to post scans of Cap dodging bullets and outmaneuvering almost every single opponent he's fought? I'm not saying Colossus is slow as a statue, but he is certainly not in Cap's league in agility and manuevering. Hell, few people are.
Originally posted by Creshosk
How is cap going to hurt Collosus? Please don't ignore what I just posted. I didn't scan those last several images for nothing. His strength, precision, uncanny skill with his shield could allow him to hit Colossus eyes and dent his eyes. You know what that does? If you mess up the convex curvature of your eyes through ordinary wear and tear, you get a stigmatism. It hinders your eyesight and warps it. I know, I have a slight stigmatism myself. Hit with enough force that Cap could muster, I think he can manage a dent. To be honest, I think he would slice it out. His eye isn't backed up by millions of threads of steel sinew. Colossus would effectively go blind. And that shock might throw him back into his original state. Game over for Piotr.

And are you guys saying he couldn't slice off Colossus' ears either? Or a single finger? Look at the last several scans before completely ignoring what I say. Living steel it is, but even his ear ain't that thick. Neither are his fingers.

Creshosk
Where the hell did you get this garbage? Do I even need to post scans of Cap dodging bullets and outmaneuvering almost every single opponent he's fought? I'm not saying Colossus is slow as a statue, but he is certainly not in Cap's league in agility and manuevering. Hell, few people are.
Please don't ignore what I just posted. I didn't scan those last several images for nothing. His strength, precision, uncanny skill with his shield could allow him to hit Colossus eyes and dent his eyes. Bullshit. His eye's are bullet proof and can deflect .45 magnum caliber bullets. There is no way his sheild is going to beable to hurt him.

Pluss the eyes are a bit further back than the bridge of his adamantium proof bridge of his nose.

Wolverine's claws can't cut it, neither xcan Cap's sheild.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Creshosk
Bullshit. His eye's are bullet proof and can deflect .45 magnum caliber bullets. There is no way his sheild is going to beable to hurt him.

Pluss the eyes are a bit further back than the bridge of his adamantium proof bridge of his nose.

Wolverine's claws can't cut it, neither xcan Cap's sheild. Take a comic book since you've apparently read so damn many. Keep it at eye level with the cover facing the ceiling. Try to touch your eye with the edge. What does it take to do this? A slight change in angle. yes, your bridge nose can block it if it coming from that straight on angle. Come in at a different angle and your nose doesn't stop anything. SO, your argument of the bridgeline of the nose is complete and utter nonsense. Go ahead and feel deflated now. I give you permission.

Second, since when did bulletproof mean anything to Cap? He sliced through a bulletproof Sentinel and a bulletproof Ultron's neck a few posts back, but since you like ignoring scans, I can see why you didn't see them. Its organic steel. Its easier to slice or dent a quarter inch of organic steel then it is to dent 2 feet of it. Or did we magically change physics? An 800 lb shield that is harder than Colossus' own organic steel, thrown by a super soldier like Cap will most likely dent, if not slice out, his eye and probably slice off an ear, which is like 1/6th of an inch in width.

The next thing you'll probably post, is some asinine response about how Cap's shield isn't as hard as Colossus' skin. Yeah well, Gambit shredded Colossus' steel form in X-Men: Omega in AoA and an older Excalibur teammate who could wield energy daggers gutted Colossus. He would have died if he weren't healed. Cap's shield? Nothing but the Infinity Gauntlet and the Beyonder's power have ever done a single thing to it. So what's harder?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>