The Ultimate Thing vs The Ultimate Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
The Ultimate Heavyweight Title on the line..........

The Ultimate Thing vs The Ultimate Colossus

DISCUSS.......

Metalmanx
Haha! Yes! You made it! I give myself the credit for this since I brought it up, heh.

Just messing, bro.

Anyway. Ult. Colossus wins.

For all the reasons I said before. Stronger, faster, quicker, more agile, for the sake of argument I'll say they have the same fighting ability, more endurance, more stamina, more durable, nigh-invulnerable, smarter, better tactician...

Need I go on?

xmarksthespot
Ult. Colossus.
Submarine. Train. Sentinel. Magneto.

joesha28
Yeah but see the ranking of strength. Ult Thing and Ult Hulk only half diff and Ult Thing sucker punch Ult Hulk. Ult Colossus and Ult Thor diff is 1 ton and Ult Colossus clobbered Ult Thor who was still consious afterthat. Ult Thing might murder Ult Colossus i fear well the smart part might help. I'm not familiar with the Ultimate Universe.

http://img84.exs.cx/img84/6799/wizard1600440458xy.jpg

xmarksthespot
That wasn't Ult. Hulk. That was a zombified necrotised alternate reality Hulk.

joesha28
What the hell is that?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by joesha28
Yeah but see the ranking of strength. Ult Thing and Ult Hulk only half diff and Ult Thing sucker punch Ult Hulk. Ult Colossus and Ult Thor diff is 1 ton and Ult Colossus clobbered Ult Thor who was still consious afterthat. Ult Thing might murder Ult Colossus i fear well the smart part might help. I'm not familiar with the Ultimate Universe.

http://img84.exs.cx/img84/6799/wizard1600440458xy.jpg

You forget that Ultimate Colossus ALSO thrashed Iron Man pretty bad.

And Magneto. He OVERPOWERED MAGNETO. Does that mean nothing to anyone anymore?

Colossus is stronger. And please don't go buy that Wizard pic. If you read the comics, you'll know that even in the very first issues, they EFFORTLESSLY greatly surpass those stats on that picture.

joesha28
hmmmm..... i dunno but i get the feeling the Ultimate universe is modern depowered version of 616 universe.

joesha28
come on guys do the polls.

Metalmanx
hmmmm..... i dunno but i get the feeling the Ultimate universe is modern depowered version of 616 universe.

Hey, bro. That's your call and opinion, and I can't change that.

While some characters have been downgraded, other characters have been greatly upgraded.

Colossus for example. In my opinion, Ult. Colossus is FAR stronger than his 616 counterpart. But that's just me.

joesha28
sure enough, are there scans of Ult Colossus and Ult Thing feats..

Metalmanx
Sure thing.

Metalmanx

Metalmanx
Two parter.

Part 1.

Metalmanx
Part 2.

joesha28
whoa.... how abt Ult Thing?

Metalmanx
Another two parter.

Part uno.

Hey, look who it is. Magneto.

That guy that controls all things metallic. Including Colossus.

This should prove to be Colossus's downfall...

Metalmanx
Oh, wait. What's this?

Colossus? Overpowering Magneto? Master of all things magnetic?

Insane.

Colossus is indeed leeeeeeagues stronger than 616.

Metalmanx
whoa.... how abt Ult Thing?

Sorry, bro. Don't have any Ult. Thing scans.

xmarksthespot
The submarine is at the pitch black depths of the ocean.

joesha28
Let me guess: Ult Colossus?

xmarksthespot
Get's it on shore.

xmarksthespot
Get's up and plays with the kids cos he's a nice guy.

xmarksthespot
Let me guess: Ult Colossus? Yep.

joesha28
ok........impressive but i need to see thing Ult Thing does too.

joesha28
calling for Ult Thing feats!!!

Wynndar
Cool pics!

I Still think Ult Thing is the quintessential strong guy of the Ultimates right now. Just like Joesha mentioned. Colossus was FIGHTING Thor. Hulk didnt give Thing a fight. Thing hit him once and he appeared to be dead....at least his face exploded.

Ultimate Colossus seems like he's older than Ult Thing though...so that could be an advantage for him. Where 616 Thing is clearly the better strategist and more experienced one, Ult Colossus could be the wiser one here.

Just like they stated there, Ult Colossus is 500lb, less than a third of the Thing's mass...the Light hevyweight champ of the Ult universe.

joesha28
Yeah and some bad thing did happen to Ult Colossus too. He was beaten by Ult Wolverine .......... beaten by Ult Juggernaut off panel (thats what i heard). I also heard that Ult Thing is yet to be beaten. Tell me if i hear wrong.

Wynndar
I hear Ult Falcon beat Colossus too?!?!

xmarksthespot
The (alternate universe) Hulk thing just seems off to me though considering he couldn't knock out Ult. Doom.

Age I don't really know. I think all the Ult. X-Men are supposed to be teenagers.

joesha28
O boy this is a rumble..........

joesha28
Nobody for ben?

joesha28
Ult Thing wins

joesha28
It's Clobberin Time!

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Wynndar
Cool pics!

I Still think Ult Thing is the quintessential strong guy of the Ultimates right now. Just like Joesha mentioned. Colossus was FIGHTING Thor. Hulk didnt give Thing a fight. Thing hit him once and he appeared to be dead....at least his face exploded.

Ultimate Colossus seems like he's older than Ult Thing though...so that could be an advantage for him. Where 616 Thing is clearly the better strategist and more experienced one, Ult Colossus could be the wiser one here.

Just like they stated there, Ult Colossus is 500lb, less than a third of the Thing's mass...the Light hevyweight champ of the Ult universe.

I wouldn't really call what he was doing to Thor "fighting". Colossus was basically thrashing Thor. That was it. There was no retaliation. He had Thor completely incapacitated. Wasn't much of a fight if you ask me.

Weight means nothing when you see what he does all the time with his super strength.

Thanks again, Xmarks for posting those. I was going to, but I'm studying and didn't feel like doing it basically, haha.

Ultimate Colossus wins.

Metalmanx
Yeah and some bad thing did happen to Ult Colossus too. He was beaten by Ult Wolverine .......... beaten by Ult Juggernaut off panel (thats what i heard). I also heard that Ult Thing is yet to be beaten. Tell me if i hear wrong.

Woah. Woah. Woah.

Hold up. Rewind.

I have all of the Ultimate X-men series.

Ult. Wolverine has NEVER come anywhere close to being beaten by Wolverine. Wolverine could never hope to do any damage to him whatsoever.

I don't know where you're getting your facts from, but they're very wrong.

He was beaten off-panel by Ult Juggernaut, yes. In his defense, they were horribly caught off guard. I mean, Colossus was just casually exercising and talking with Bobby. Not like he was really prepared for such a fight.

But again. Wolverine has never beaten Colossus.

And never will.

joesha28
Ult Wolverine did beat Ult Colossus at least in the danger room (a early ultimate x-men issue). He beat every tom dick harry that fought him in the danger room.

xmarksthespot
lol yes I saw that Danger Room (PIS) seq. and I do hope you don't think Ult. Wolverine could actually beat the combined efforts of the other Ult. X-Men. For one thing Jean could have just mindwiped him.

joesha28
Yeah...... But my point is Ult Thing is still unbeaten at least for now.

xmarksthespot
He's never beaten anyone that strong and durable either though. The only person I can think of is the half-dead zombie Hulk and that Hulk seemed a pale imitation of any incarnation of Hulk.

Metalmanx
Ult Wolverine did beat Ult Colossus at least in the danger room (a early ultimate x-men issue). He beat every tom dick harry that fought him in the danger room.

Dude. That basically all took place in Logan's mind. Did you notice how the other X-men weren't really doing anything at all?

Why Iceman didn't freeze him? Why Storm didn't electricute him? Why Jean didn't mind rape him? Com'on.

Please don't tell me you thought that was for real.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
He's never beaten anyone that strong and durable either though. The only person I can think of is the half-dead zombie Hulk and that Hulk seemed a pale imitation of any incarnation of Hulk.

Agreed.

joesha28
I'm refering to Ult Jugs. Well what you say hold some light too

xmarksthespot
Ult. Thing hasn't beaten Ult. Juggs though so it's not really that relevant. Ult. Thing was taken down by some foam in the face.

joesha28
i wonder if they will dish it out in Ultimate Extinction...

xmarksthespot
Aren't they going to be busy fighting Gah Lak Tus...

joesha28
Yeah, but you know that somewhere in the start there will a hero vs hero face-off. Then something silver flies pass and all attention there.

joesha28
I can't find scan of Ult Thing clobber that Ult virus Hulk sad

xmarksthespot
Here.

joesha28
are there more? thanx

joesha28
So who is the strongest in the Ultimate universe?

Wynndar
There is no more cuz it just took him one punch.

joesha28
With both hands?

Wynndar
it was like a double upper cut...an attack originally perfected by william shatner.

joesha28
So Ultimate Thing is the current "Ultimate Universe Heavyweight Champion", by beating Ult Hulk virus or no virus. Were there no other fight between Ult Thing and Ult Hulk. cos both had a history in the 616 universe.

Wynndar
It was Ult Thing's first time meeting any Hulk...he says right before, "Ive been wondering if I could take this freak"

xmarksthespot
It wasn't Ult. Hulk. It was an alternate reality Hulk that was perhaps the weakest incarnation of any Hulk ever.

joesha28
where did the real ult hulk go? What issue is this?

Wynndar
That Hulk flung around the Zombie Herc, Thor, and other Avengers like rag dolls in the previous issue though...and had apparently given Magneto trouble in the past...I dont think there is any evidence that he was a weak incarnation.

xmarksthespot
Zombified Hulk ran through the crowd of people. He didn't really fling anyone around. Yay for him. That zombified Hulk is less durable than Ult. Doom?

armandovalles
Here's some Ultimate Thing feats:
-Nearly killed a Zombie Savage Hulk with one shot.
-Made Nihil Caste (Ult. Annihilus) his ***** by doing such things as pummeling him into submission, beating down his army all by himself and ripping off his wing.
-Knocked out the Mole Man's monster with 3 shots.
-Jumped from the top of the Baxter Building to the ground, making a hole in the ground but with no harm whatsoever to himself.
-Got hit by a semi-truck at full speed and didnt even notice until he saw it flying over his head in pieces.
-So far in Ultimate Fantastic Four i cant remember even one time where he has received harm in any way, thats how good his durability is.

Just Read this quto from Ultimate FF #8:

Sue: Ben puts out over 7 tons per square inch of strength on each hand!
Reed: So?
Sue: Reed, that means he could tear up a tank like a paper bag!

K3VIL
Wizard's rankings for the Ultimate Universe are major crap bullshit guys.
Using them as a concrete fact is useless, we all saw what Ultimate Universe strong guys are capable of.
I think that UT and UC will stalemate, unless UC take Ben into water, cause the metallic commarade doesn't need to breath, but Ben need oxygen, so he can be drowned.

xmarksthespot
The zombified Hulk was rather pathetic. Ult. Annihilus wasn't all that impressive either. I haven't seen Ult. Thing do anything strengthwise on the level of Ult. Colossus.

snoopdogg
sure enough, are there scans of Ult Colossus and Ult Thing feats..

snoopdogg
Arent Zombies generally alot slower and weaker than when they were "normal"?

And not to mention less intelligent.

Wynndar
Originally posted by K3VIL
Wizard's rankings for the Ultimate Universe are major crap bullshit guys.
Using them as a concrete fact is useless, we all saw what Ultimate Universe strong guys are capable of.
I think that UT and UC will stalemate, unless UC take Ben into water, cause the metallic commarade doesn't need to breath, but Ben need oxygen, so he can be drowned.

Ult Thing doesnt seem to "need" to breath either. He can also breath alien atmospheres.

joesha28
Ult Thing scans

Tony Stark
Ult Thing scans

cool

One punch...

One dead T-Rex...

joesha28
Oh look at those teeth blink blink

Tony Stark
It wasn't Ult. Hulk. It was an alternate reality Hulk that was perhaps the weakest incarnation of any Hulk ever.

Or perhaps the strongest incarnation of The HULK ever since being a zombie he is at all times in a rage stage.

cool

Tony Stark
it was like a double upper cut...an attack originally perfected by william shatner.

big grin

Da da da da da da da da da da da da da...

cool

Draco69
Ultimate Thing has better showings. I'll go with him. I like Colossus better though.

Tony Stark
Yeah...... But my point is Ult Thing is still unbeaten at least for now.

Ult. THING = Undefeated

Happy Dance

joesha28
Best Thing Incarnation ever!!! The ULTIMATE THING!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

joesha28
I marvel is trying to make Ult Colossus the "Wolverine" of the Ultimate Universe. You know the cash cow, the big thing... it's like when there is danger for the Ult x-men... fans will go like " here come Ult Colossus, he will bail them out!"

Ult Thing, well he gonna be the guy to beat in the Marvel Ult U.

joesha28
boy i'm gonna go for Ult FF too.

joesha28
Don't mess with Ben!

joesha28
do the polls ppl!

dvampire
I marvel is trying to make Ult Colossus the "Wolverine" of the Ultimate Universe. You know the cash cow, the big thing... it's like when there is danger for the Ult x-men... fans will go like " here come Ult Colossus, he will bail them out!"

Ult Thing, well he gonna be the guy to beat in the Marvel Ult U.

Why do you say that? Every feat Colossus has done stayed consistant, unlike Wolverine.

Anyways I give this to Colossus with reasons stated above. no expression

joesha28
I'm not talking consistansy here but the "attraction" of Ult X-men. When x-men 1st came, it was nothing till Wolverine did his thing. Remember Ult Wolverine was the man when Ult X-men 1st started out, now it's all abt Ult Colossus and i kind of love that.

joesha28
This is Rock vs Metal...

Will Ult Colossus break if he hits Ult Thing?

Metalmanx
This is Rock vs Metal...

Will Ult Colossus break if he hits Ult Thing?

Dude, now you're just being biased and such. Ultimate Colossus has shown much stronger feats.

He overpowered Magneto. Think about the strength needed to do that.

No really. Think about it.

If Thing had ANY metal on his body whatsoever, he'd be dead. He could never overpower Magneto the way Colossus did.

If anything, Ult. Thing will break when Ult. Colossus hits him. Not the other way around.

joesha28
Ult Thing vs Ult Magneto have not happen i assume.

Well Ult Thing vs Ult Colossus have not happen too. I was just provoking thing to make the topic run.

Metalmanx
Ult Thing vs Ult Magneto have not happen i assume.

Well Ult Thing vs Ult Colossus have not happen too. I was just provoking thing to make the topic run.

Okay, I'm sorry about that.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Dude, now you're just being biased and such. Ultimate Colossus has shown much stronger feats.

He overpowered Magneto. Think about the strength needed to do that.

No really. Think about it.

If Thing had ANY metal on his body whatsoever, he'd be dead. He could never overpower Magneto the way Colossus did.

If anything, Ult. Thing will break when Ult. Colossus hits him. Not the other way around.

What are u talking about bias? There is no obvious winner between these two. Their strength is subjective to each individual. Neither of them has been shown pushed to their limit, except for Colossus lying on his face after pulling the Sub to shore. U think Colossus is stronger cuz he's one of ur favorites, same way with me and Thing. Neither of us knows for a fact if one is stronger thant he other...and even if their show a limit in one issue, another writer might decide to depict them stronger or weaker next time. And Thing isnt literally made of Rock...his skin simply looks like rock, and its far more complex than Colossus' skin.

Metalmanx
What are u talking about bias? There is no obvious winner between these two. Their strength is subjective to each individual. Neither of them has been shown pushed to their limit, except for Colossus lying on his face after pulling the Sub to shore. U think Colossus is stronger cuz he's one of ur favorites, same way with me and Thing. Neither of us knows for a fact if one is stronger thant he other...and even if their show a limit in one issue, another writer might decide to depict them stronger or weaker next time. And Thing isnt literally made of Rock...his skin simply looks like rock, and its far more complex than Colossus' skin.

Yea, I apologized about that biased comment. I'm just a little stressed with some stuff right now. Didn't mean for that to get out of hand.

I know that we're both just supporting our opinions. And that's just how it is. Neither of us is going to convince the other.

I know that Thing's skin isn't actually rock. Just VERY rock-like. It pretty much might as well be, given it's composition and all.

Though, I must say. That I can't wait until the day that they have a good, well-written fight. And if Thing wins, then he wins. But I want to see a good, very well-written fight. No plot devices...just an epic battle between these two powerhouses.

xmarksthespot
"lying on his face"? As if it makes the feat unimpressive? You do realise Colossus got right back up and played with some kids after he lifted the submarine. A submarine weighs around 25,000 tons submerged. He didn't just press it he brought it from the ocean floor to the surface. From what I can find a train weighs 4000 times an automobile and the average automobile weighs around 1.5 tons, so 6000 tons (although that seems a low figure to me so I'll do some more looking.). I'll need to know the speed of the train before I can come up with an estimate of the force required to stop the train but it's a lot. Ult. Magneto used his powers to lift and suspend about 100 Sentinels in the air and Colossus overpowered Magneto's powers. Ult. Thing has yet to do anything of that calibre.

Wynndar
Hey thanks metalmax...u clearly got my point where others didnt

xmarksthespot
lol I get your point. Ult. Thing likely hasn't shown his limits yet. But by appearances thus far it's very hard to say Ult. Thing is stronger as some have speculated.

Wynndar
I cant say he's stronger...thats not factual. None of us know how strong they r. And even if one of them exhibits a definite advantage over the other, the next month some writer could think differently. How strong they appear to us is subjective. However, we do know that the Thing is bigger, but that doesnt mean much in comics. I'm tired of arguing about it so I'm going to be alot more objective about it...I still think 616 Thing is stronger and would beat Colossus. But in Ultimate universe its yet to be seen. By the way, has anyone looked at the Marvel website and seen the cover of Thing #3, he's fighting like 4 incarnations of the Hulk at the same time!

King KAM
"lying on his face"? As if it makes the feat unimpressive? You do realise Colossus got right back up and played with some kids after he lifted the submarine. A submarine weighs around 25,000 tons submerged. He didn't just press it he brought it from the ocean floor to the surface. From what I can find a train weighs 4000 times an automobile and the average automobile weighs around 1.5 tons, so 6000 tons (although that seems a low figure to me so I'll do some more looking.). I'll need to know the speed of the train before I can come up with an estimate of the force required to stop the train but it's a lot. Ult. Magneto used his powers to lift and suspend about 100 Sentinels in the air and Colossus overpowered Magneto's powers. Ult. Thing has yet to do anything of that calibre.
your B.S i looked it up, a LARGE submarine wieghs no more than 40,tons submerged...... 25,000tons is more thant thr effin empire state builiding stop being so damn dramatic.

King KAM
Originally posted by King KAM
your B.S i looked it up, a LARGE submarine wieghs no more than 40,tons submerged...... 25,000tons is more thant thr effin empire state builiding stop being so damn dramatic.
i take that back, no more than 20, and that depends on why it was sinkin it could weigh less....

King KAM
ok maybe the empire state building wieghs more, but thats because its old, a larger building nodays weighs about half.

xmarksthespot
The Empire State Building weighs 365,000 tons. The Russian submarine the Kursk weighed 25,000 tons submerged, I took it as an estimate though some submarines are heavier. The submarine Colossus lifted wasn't completely filled with water so perhaps ~20,000 tons is a better estimate. However that's still an underestimate as in order to lift the ~20,000 ton submarine, additionally you must also displace water above it adding an unknown amount of weight. The high pressure and viscosity at the ocean depths would make it harder to lift.

gamewarrior
Wow, Collosus has gotten stronger than before but this fight can go either way. But thing kinda more experienced than Collosus but who can tell what happens when these two titans clash.

wannabe
Originally posted by gamewarrior
Wow, Collosus has gotten stronger than before but this fight can go either way. But thing kinda more experienced than Collosus but who can tell what happens when these two titans clash. Ultimate Thing is a teenager and younger then ultimate Colossus...don't mix it up with 616!

Both belong to my ultimate favourites, both seem to be immensely strong and i have all the ultimate comics of them both. The shown feats (so far) tell me that UC would win.

gamewarrior
Sorry I thought it was the regular Uc and thing my bad.

yahman
"He's never beaten anyone that strong and durable either though. The only person I can think of is the half-dead zombie Hulk and that Hulk seemed a pale imitation of any incarnation of Hulk."

I did seem that they weren't quite as powerful as their 616 counterparts. I mean magneto beat hundreds of them at the same time, something he could not usually do.
smile

"Dude. That basically all took place in Logan's mind. Did you notice how the other X-men weren't really doing anything at all?"

The X-Men have had a lot of training since then. Repetition is therefore unlikely. smile

"Why Iceman didn't freeze him? Why Storm didn't electrocute him? Why Jean didn't mind rape him? Com'on"

Exactly big grin

"Here's some Ultimate Thing feats:
-Made Nihil Caste (Ult. Annihilus) his ***** by doing such things as pummeling him into submission, beating down his army all by himself and ripping off his wing.
-Jumped from the top of the Baxter Building to the ground, making a hole in the ground but with no harm whatsoever to himself.
-Got hit by a semi-truck at full speed and didn't even notice until he saw it flying over his head in pieces.
-So far in Ultimate Fantastic Four i cant remember even one time where he has received harm in any way, thats how good his durability is.

Just Read this quot from Ultimate FF #8:

Sue: Reed, that means he could tear up a tank like a paper bag!"

To put this in perspective, Optimus Prime (from transformers) is easily a Class 100 character and he has a punch of 2 tons per square inch. big grin

"Wizard's rankings for the Ultimate Universe are major crap bullshit guys.
I think that UT and UC will stalemate, unless UC take Ben into water, cause the metallic commarade doesn't need to breath, but Ben need oxygen, so he can be drowned"

Indeed, anyone who brings them up should be ignored. The H.B. even ignored them. I.E. Thing is listed as Level 6. big grin

"lying on his face"? As if it makes the feat unimpressive? You do realise Colossus got right back up and played with some kids after he lifted the submarine. A submarine weighs around 25,000 tons submerged. He didn't just press it he brought it from the ocean floor to the surface. From what I can find a train weighs 4000 times an automobile and the average automobile weighs around 1.5 tons, so 6000 tons (although that seems a low figure to me so I'll do some more looking.). I'll need to know the speed of the train before I can come up with an estimate of the force required to stop the train but it's a lot. Ult. Magneto used his powers to lift and suspend about 100 Sentinels in the air and Colossus overpowered Magneto's powers. Ult. Thing has yet to do anything of that calibre."

The average cargo train in the U.S. weighs over a KILO ton, so your estimations are correct. If you add in the factor of momentum the force of impact is amplified considerably. Therefor making the feat even more impressive. smile

"The Empire State Building weighs 365,000 tons. The Russian submarine the Kursk weighed 25,000 tons submerged, I took it as an estimate though some submarines are heavier. The submarine Colossus lifted wasn't completely filled with water so perhaps ~20,000 tons is a better estimate. However that's still an underestimate as in order to lift the ~20,000 ton submarine, additionally you must also displace water above it adding an unknown amount of weight. The high pressure and viscosity at the ocean depths would make it harder to lift."

KAM has a lot of problems when it comes to the weight of objects. laughing .... Kam this is all correct, sorry mate. smile

"I cant say he's stronger...thats not factual. None of us know how strong they r. And even if one of them exhibits a definite advantage over the other, the next month some writer could think differently. How strong they appear to us is subjective. However, we do know that the Thing is bigger, but that doesn't mean much in comics. I'm tired of arguing about it so I'm going to be alot more objective about it...I still think 616 Thing is stronger and would beat Colossus. But in Ultimate universe its yet to be seen. By the way, has anyone looked at the Marvel website and seen the cover of Thing #3, he's fighting like 4 incarnations of the Hulk at the same time!"

Great post mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

Metalmanx
Originally posted by yahman
"He's never beaten anyone that strong and durable either though. The only person I can think of is the half-dead zombie Hulk and that Hulk seemed a pale imitation of any incarnation of Hulk."

I did seem that they weren't quite as powerful as their 616 counterparts. I mean magneto beat hundreds of them at the same time, something he could not usually do.
smile

"Dude. That basically all took place in Logan's mind. Did you notice how the other X-men weren't really doing anything at all?"

The X-Men have had a lot of training since then. Repetition is therefore unlikely. smile

"Why Iceman didn't freeze him? Why Storm didn't electrocute him? Why Jean didn't mind rape him? Com'on"

Exactly big grin

"Here's some Ultimate Thing feats:
-Got hit by a semi-truck at full speed and didn't even notice until he saw it flying over his head in pieces.

Just Read this quot from Ultimate FF #8:

Sue: Reed, that means he could tear up a tank like a paper bag!"

To put this in perspective, Optimus Prime (from transformers) is easily a Class 100 character and he has a punch of 2 tons per square inch. big grin

"Wizard's rankings for the Ultimate Universe are major crap bullshit guys.
I think that UT and UC will stalemate, unless UC take Ben into water, cause the metallic commarade doesn't need to breath, but Ben need oxygen, so he can be drowned"

Indeed, anyone who brings them up should be ignored. The H.B. even ignored them. I.E. Thing is listed as Level 6. big grin

"lying on his face"? As if it makes the feat unimpressive? You do realise Colossus got right back up and played with some kids after he lifted the submarine. A submarine weighs around 25,000 tons submerged. He didn't just press it he brought it from the ocean floor to the surface. From what I can find a train weighs 4000 times an automobile and the average automobile weighs around 1.5 tons, so 6000 tons (although that seems a low figure to me so I'll do some more looking.). I'll need to know the speed of the train before I can come up with an estimate of the force required to stop the train but it's a lot. Ult. Magneto used his powers to lift and suspend about 100 Sentinels in the air and Colossus overpowered Magneto's powers. Ult. Thing has yet to do anything of that calibre."

The average cargo train in the U.S. weighs over a KILO ton, so your estimations are correct. If you add in the factor of momentum the force of impact is amplified considerably. Therefor making the feat even more impressive. smile

"The Empire State Building weighs 365,000 tons. The Russian submarine the Kursk weighed 25,000 tons submerged, I took it as an estimate though some submarines are heavier. The submarine Colossus lifted wasn't completely filled with water so perhaps ~20,000 tons is a better estimate. However that's still an underestimate as in order to lift the ~20,000 ton submarine, additionally you must also displace water above it adding an unknown amount of weight. The high pressure and viscosity at the ocean depths would make it harder to lift."

KAM has a lot of problems when it comes to the weight of objects. laughing .... Kam this is all correct, sorry mate. smile

"I cant say he's stronger...thats not factual. None of us know how strong they r. And even if one of them exhibits a definite advantage over the other, the next month some writer could think differently. How strong they appear to us is subjective. However, we do know that the Thing is bigger, but that doesn't mean much in comics. I'm tired of arguing about it so I'm going to be alot more objective about it...I still think 616 Thing is stronger and would beat Colossus. But in Ultimate universe its yet to be seen. By the way, has anyone looked at the Marvel website and seen the cover of Thing #3, he's fighting like 4 incarnations of the Hulk at the same time!"

Great post mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

Wow. Yahman made a post that I actually agree with! Completely! Haha, good post, man. Rock on.

Oh, and Xmarks, I would wager that the submarine weighed considerably more, being that it looked about 9/10 of the way filled with water, which would GREATLY increase it's weight in this situation. It would increase it by a very high factor actually. I think you're very correct when you say around 25,000 tons.

And then Colossus still had time to play with the kids, heh.

xmarksthespot
25,000 tons is a reasonable estimate too for the weight of the submarine itself. To displace the water and lift and move the submarine at ocean depths would require more force than just that to counter the submarine's weight though so it's still an underestimate. Motion is also hindered by increased resistance.

BTW Do you know how fast the train was going?

Metalmanx
25,000 tons is a reasonable estimate too for the weight of the submarine itself. To displace the water and lift and move the submarine at ocean depths would require more force than just that to counter the submarine's weight though so it's still an underestimate. Motion is also hindered by increased resistance.

BTW Do you know how fast the train was going?

No, but I assume very speedy. They were bad guys afterall, trying to get back to their secret base in a hurry. And you know those bad guys. They travel everywhere really fast. Lemme look at it again really quick...

Yea. Judging by the crash, the train had to be travelling UBER fast. Look at how many cars were flung high up into the air due to the impact.

And Colossus stopped it dead. You can tell this because there are no foot trails in left in the ground which would prove if he skidded or not. He just stopped it dead. Like the human Colossus he is.

xmarksthespot
The fastest speed recorded for a conventional train is around 300 mph. But assuming a train, of weight 6,000 tons, was going half that, 150 mph, by my (very very rough) estimation the force equivalent to lifting approx 40,000 tons would be required to halt the train. Bear in mind that's a (very very rough) estimate, there's no way to tell how fast the train was actually going, and I'm assuming an elastic collision since I haven't done any physics in ages and elastic collisions are simpler. Seems about right though beside surfacing the Russian submarine and overpowering Magneto's magnetism.

King KAM
how many people where in the sub?

snoopdogg
Colossus lifted that submarine all by himself.

In a recent Ultimates issue it took Ironman and Captain Britain and a few others to do the same thing.

snoopdogg
Here is Colossus smashing Ironman into the ground.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.