-=- Ultimate SpiderMan -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Acherontia
The Game DiD not come out Too Long Ago, like, not even a week, and I *cough Obtanied cough* A copy (fully legally) And I ahve Been playing Around with it,

And the FrameRate is just awfull...it gets good, btu tehn when your in a race and it freezes up...

Has anybody else expereinced this?

But other then that The game is Great, It looks compleatly comic book like due to a type of (bla bla bla bla) Anyways Itsa really good game, but leasves out some Things which where more enjoyable with Spiderman 2 for Console (PC and Console versions where different)

Such as you ar not really "free" to roam the city, and you can only shoot out one web at a time...

Anybody have this game?

powerfulone1987
I was kind of hoping you didn't have the free roaming and just had a straight forward story. But I heard otherwise or you just misjudged what I heard because I had decided not to buy this game because of that. But now that you say this I may change my mind.

So is this just a striaight forward story?

Acherontia
Its a Mix Of Freelance and Story, Yes ther eis a Story like every other game, but you can also go around the city, And you must go around the city helping people if you want to continue some parts of the story...

And that link is to the retail version.

Silverstein
give me some good reasons to buy this game

snake_eyes616
The most appealing thing to me about this game is the comic-booksy art style. And the ability to play as venom is always a plus... stick out tongue

Ast
I rented USM this morning, and aside from the awesome presentation, this seems like a huge stepback.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Ast
I rented USM this morning, and aside from the awesome presentation, this seems like a huge stepback.

why is it a huge stepback???

Ast
It seems incredibly dumbed down. The combat is simply x punches and y kicks, the web slinging is overly simplified and not nearly as fun. At the beginning much of the map is off limits and the buildings are short, the greatest part of SM2 was the incredible freedom of webslinging.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Ast
It seems incredibly dumbed down. The combat is simply x punches and y kicks, the web slinging is overly simplified and not nearly as fun. At the beginning much of the map is off limits and the buildings are short, the greatest part of SM2 was the incredible freedom of webslinging.

so they dont have any like...sweb swinging air tricks??? what about the special features? does USM have a movie viewer or somethin? cuz the SP2 game had a crap cinematics viewer!

Ast
Not that I have seen.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Acherontia
Its a Mix Of Freelance and Story, Yes ther eis a Story like every other game, but you can also go around the city, And you must go around the city helping people if you want to continue some parts of the story...

And that link is to the retail version.

Well you have confirmed it for me. I won't be getting this game.

It looks real good and fun to play and I have bought every Spiderman game that came out for the consoles except for the second one, I think was called "Enter the Elektro" or something like that for the original playstation.

But I just get tired of the little side missions over and over again to progressed and the whole freedom thing is good but I want to get on with the game and not have to go around looking for the next spot that I have to be to move forward. I like it straightforward. Not with all the little paths leading off of the main road. You know what I mean.

I know a lot of people like the free roaming thing but it's just not for me so much.
Maybe that' why I never got into Grand Theft Auto.

I really wish I was getting this game though. The graphics look great and different.

Acherontia
WHAT? Not tall buildings? You didn't go into Manhattan Did you HUGE Buildings, As for The Web Attacks, there are many tricks using punch and kick, also some other neet things like tying People to Lamposts and they just dangle there, PLus not only "X" and "Y" there are 2 different more powerfull attacks avalaibe.

PLUS there are TONES of unlockable features, Like Comic book Covers, Characters, And more. You ahev too Find all the Icons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.