Star Wars Trilogy Limited Edition DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ben-Kenobi
The three-disc package will be available to own in both widescreen and full screen editions from the 6th December this year. Each should set you back around $49.98. As far as we know these will be the special editions only I'm afraid! ( I Hope Not), Each film will carry a THX enhanced English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track, along with an audio commentary for each film, and easterggs.

(Lucas you poor poor pathetic man stop trying to get money out of us you greddy bastard we've been loyal enough ya money grubber)

http://www.geocities.com/nathanscoot/starwarstriller1art1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/nathanscoot/starwarstriller1art2.jpg

JKozzy
...are these ANY different from what was released last year? *contentwise*

There's no special features disc...

Ben-Kenobi
I personally am starting to hate lucasfilm thanks for the great movies guys but stop with the freaking special editions, ultra super editions and so on, unless this is the ORGINAL star wars without no special edition updates i aint gettin it. even if it is i probly wouldnt get it anyway

Jedi Priestess
blink this makes no sense.......has to be wrong or something...I dont get it.

Ben-Kenobi
Achully its a possibliy these might be orginals with no special edition updates but its unsure at this time, it might be it might not.

Ben-Kenobi
I agree it makes no sense why release another one.

Ben-Kenobi
All i got to say is thumb up lucasfilm for trying to screw us out of more money.

Sir Mist
Well Im not buying itthumb up Ill stick with what Ive got.

Any news on a PT box set?

Ben-Kenobi
not a word but when i get the lineart ill PM it to you first lol.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
blink this makes no sense.......has to be wrong or something...I dont get it.

Bespin Bart
Maybe its the original OT, as seen in theaters. blink

DeVi| D0do
Yeah, and Michael Jackson's nose is real...

My God, that'd rock if they are the OOT's, but I highly doubt it...

Ben-Kenobi
it comes from a reliable source, its supposed to be released december 6

Bespin Bart
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Yeah, and Michael Jackson's nose is real...

My God, that'd rock if they are the OOT's, but I highly doubt it...

It is?! I knew it all along! They said it was a fake, but oh, I'll show 'em, I'll show 'em all!

Indeed it would. Though, I don't mind the Special Edition one bit. *shrug* The 'golden oldies' of Star Wars would be nice to have.

Plus, it does have the original artwork, rather than the computer-scrambled image they have on them now, or the newer artwork from the Special Editions.

DeVi| D0do
If they're the SE's I just don't see the point... they released those just last year.

Unless they have new bonus features... here's hoping for deleted scenes, and more doco's!

I totally agree with you, Bespin Bart, about the artwork. I might just buy them for the packaging... the 2004 DVDs look AWFUL!

They're calling them 'Limited Edition', so there must be something different about them... I just hope that 'something' isn't new/'improved' scenes and effects.

Jedi Priestess
meh I'll pick up whatever is different from the boys at MF.com yes

DeVi| D0do
God bless MF!!

Jedi Priestess
Have I ever told you that I freaking love that sig? Looks so cool on the black style.

Sir Mist
God bless DVD Decrypter!!11

*cough*

Uh.....yeah!

The 'limited' edition is probably just for the box art...roll eyes (sarcastic)

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Have I ever told you that I freaking love that sig? Looks so cool on the black style.
big grin Thanks JP. Have I ever told you that I love your avatar? Smokin'!

Jedi Priestess
tanks mwah1

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by Ben-Kenobi
The three-disc package will be available to own in both widescreen and full screen editions from the 6th December this year. Each should set you back around .98. As far as we know these will be the special editions only I'm afraid! ( I Hope Not), Each film will carry a THX enhanced English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track, along with an audio commentary for each film, and easterggs.

(Lucas you poor poor pathetic man stop trying to get money out of us you greddy bastard we've been loyal enough ya money grubber)

http://www.geocities.com/nathanscoot/starwarstriller1art1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/nathanscoot/starwarstriller1art2.jpg

that pic looks real!

darthmaul1
this is from DVD answers

Further Details
Lucasfilm and Fox Home Entertainment have released artwork for a limited edition Star Wars Trilogy set. The three-disc package will be available to own in both widescreen and full screen editions from the 6th December this year. Each should set you back around $49.98. As far as we know these will be the special editions only I'm afraid! Each film will carry a THX enhanced English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track, along with an audio commentary for each film, and easterggs.

Why do people get so pissed off when Lucas does this?
If they are exactly the same as last years release then it's ok, just keep the one you have.
However if they have tweaked more stuff like Lukes saber on the Falcon in EPV then we can ***** about how that wasn't caught the first time.
I for one am all for the tweaks.

jedi-kev
Why the **** are Lucasfilm releasing this crap again on DVD. Not only is it the molested versions of the trilogy but I do suspect that this version will once again be tinkered.

Jesus, what a way to snatch money. he really is a money grabbing, greedy dirty son of a *****!!

darthmaul1
If it isn't changed then he is not grabbing money from anyone just people who never bought it last year and the dolts who like the art work better.
if it is changed a bit from last years release then depending on what they change I will probably buy it and just sell my other one or donate it to a library.

Dan Skywalker
If its the 1977's versions id buy def, to my shame ive never seen the original cuts as i became a fan in 1997 with the SE and have never been able to get a hold of the orginals. If its got changes id consider buying it depending on the changes, if its the same as last year, no sale.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.