Spider-Man vs 10 Junior Preds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Like the preds in the AVP movie. Not Elder elites.

Setting is in a uninhabited NYC type digs. I dunno. STFU.

Metalmanx
Okay. I'll stand by my previous statement.

Spiderman can, in fact, defeat 10 of these Junior Predators.

Whom really aren't slouches at all.

But yea. I think Spidey can take them. His strength, speed, reflexes, etc. are all leagues above them. He'd easily be able to attack several at once, while still avoiding the attacks from the others.

The cloaking won't help them at all either. Normal humans can see them when they move, and Spidey has his spider sense anyway.

Plus, if Spidey webs them up, unless they can get to their blades, they're screwed.

long pig
But, do you reckon the Preds only need one shot to take him out?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by long pig
But, do you reckon the Preds only need one shot to take him out?

With what weapon?

MERCILOUS
Sorry man, junior preds are trigger happy, Spidey goes down so fast it's not even funny. Oh I know what you're gonna say, "spidey's too fast." And then I'll ask "faster than an alien that runs 60 miles an hour?" You won't answer, instead you'll say "spider-sense." And then I'll answer "you really think that's better than being an empath (you ever notice aliens have no eyes but often "look" at there victims, they're low level psychics)"

Arahan
Spidey can also run pretty fast....

Scoobless
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
And then I'll ask "faster than an alien that runs 60 miles an hour?"

Yes, he is

He generally doesn't do much sprinting as he can get around much faster by swinging around the city... and at the cost of much less energy

His movement and reaction speeds are far above both Aliens and Preds... as is his strength

you really think that's better than being an empath

Yes, in the middle of a fight it's much better than being an empath, it's a sixth sense linked directly to his reflexes which allows him to move before any danger actually comes his way

I know you like to argue against Spider-man (a lot) .... but have you actually read many of his comics?

Arahan
Merc doesnt read much Spidey Comics...why i think so?
Read his comments^^

jinzin
Sorry man, junior preds are trigger happy, Spidey goes down so fast it's not even funny. Oh I know what you're gonna say, "spidey's too fast." And then I'll ask "faster than an alien that runs 60 miles an hour?" You won't answer, instead you'll say "spider-sense." And then I'll answer "you really think that's better than being an empath (you ever notice aliens have no eyes but often "look" at there victims, they're low level psychics)"

laughing out loud

Dayven
Here is the thing tho, especailly junior Preds. They like to hunt alone, especially in AVP, you see each of them spread up. If they were in fact hunting Spider-man. They would try to prove themselves over the other, instead of each of them working to take Spider-man down. Soo, with Spider-mans ability to web swing and get to much higher places eaiser. It comes down to a number of one on one battles, where the skill of the Pred's are in quesiton. Seen in AVP that there are some experienced Junior ones, but a pred has a hella lot of pointy things, plus weapons that could screw over spidey. One more then others, is that net gun. Being able to fire out a net that could bascially cut through spider-man, while cutting through metal as well. I'd have to say Spider-man would have his hands full. Though im not too sure of the outcome.

EsteemedLeader
The ones in AVP were celtic predators.

Juniors suck even more than them.

A junior pred can lose a fight to a skilled, less than peak human, fighter.

Dayven
well if they are weaker then the ones off AVP, then Spider-man will tear them apart. Beacuse even in the Celtic level, there was only one who was really impressive.

Khellendros
Spidey wins easily.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by Dayven
well if they are weaker then the ones off AVP, then Spider-man will tear them apart. Beacuse even in the Celtic level, there was only one who was really impressive.

The two big guys were celtics, The impressive one was even higher up than that.yes

TheKahn
Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt

One Kraven captures Spiderman and buries him alive. Now do you really think that 10 predators couldn't get in at least one shot on Spiderman. Spidy is my favorite Superhero but he gets punched and hit all the time and one shot against these guys could be fatal. I could see him taking down a couple but not 10.

TheKahn
http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/kraven.html

Metalmanx
I still believe Spiderman takes them. Though he'll leave the battlefield almost dead himself.

Smaxxer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I still believe Spiderman takes them. Though he'll leave the battlefield almost dead himself.
Yeah probably something like that.

newjak86
It'll be tough for Spidey so many one hit kill opportunities with the Pred Weapons. Their Armor means they could take a punch from Spidey if Spidey is just hitting at them. Also the fact that Spidey normally has trouble with beings that have decent Physical stats and good fighting skills. Also Spidey sense doesn't tell him where they are just an attack is coming. Also they will know where he is at so he can't hide from them unless he figures out that they hunt by infrared which is doubtful. I think the Pred's take it. to many and probably not enough time for Spidey to recuperate between fights if he gets them solo. Spidey will get injured also if worst comes to worst the bomb they carry on their arm will destroy him anyway. his Spidey sense will be going off but he will not know what is going on.

X-Logan
3 junior preds would be enough...

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Scoobless
Yes, he is

He generally doesn't do much sprinting as he can get around much faster by swinging around the city... and at the cost of much less energy

His movement and reaction speeds are far above both Aliens and Preds... as is his strength

Yes, in the middle of a fight it's much better than being an empath, it's a sixth sense linked directly to his reflexes which allows him to move before any danger actually comes his way

I know you like to argue against Spider-man (a lot) .... but have you actually read many of his comics?

No he's not, prove that he's faster than 60 mph off the webs. You can't because it's not true.

No it's not better than being an empath, Empathy means whent he person thought of it (before he does it) spidey sense is right after he does it.

Originally posted by jinzin
laughing out loud
this says it all.

Originally posted by X-Logan
3 junior preds would be enough...
yes they would.

DarkCrawler
No he's not, prove that he's faster than 60 mph off the webs. You can't because it's not true.

Running speed? He is able to lift 15 tons with his arms, and generally, legs are stronger then arms. I think he is able to run pretty damn fast.

Arahan
Watch Spiderman 2003 Animated Series.
In a episode his powers were tested. He runs more than 60 mph.

Xplosive
Spidey lose.

Scoobless
No it's not better than being an empath, Empathy means whent he person thought of it (before he does it) spidey sense is right after he does it.

Spider sense reacts when someone thinks of attacking... that's why he can dodge bullets, lasers and other things that move faster than him

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/8563/spidersense39di.th.jpg

chilled monkey
Personally I think Spiderman loses. 10 Predators (even rookies) is just too much.

Arahan
Just my opinion but I think his Spider Sense is more a
mystical mental power.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Running speed? He is able to lift 15 tons with his arms, and generally, legs are stronger then arms. I think he is able to run pretty damn fast.

oh yeah, that's right that's why juggernaut is known for his speed right? Sorry chap, power may equal speed in the real world but it doesn't always mean that in the comic world.

Originally posted by Arahan
Watch Spiderman 2003 Animated Series.
In a episode his powers were tested. He runs more than 60 mph.
so animated series are cannon now?

Originally posted by Scoobless
Spider sense reacts when someone thinks of attacking... that's why he can dodge bullets, lasers and other things that move faster than him

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/8563/spidersense39di.th.jpg
you said it yourself but i don't think you noticed. "reacts" there has to be an action to react to, as long as you understand it's not pre-cog you and me are cool. but reacting to thought? that's rediculous, his spidey sense would be going off all the time and he'd never know why rendering it useless, be reasonable now.

Originally posted by Arahan
Just my opinion but I think his Spider Sense is more a
mystical mental power.
it may seem that way but it's simply not true, spidersenses are clearly discribed as being enhanced relfexes at 15 times normal response rate.

Arahan
ehm yes...whatever.... ???

Metalmanx
oh yeah, that's right that's why juggernaut is known for his speed right? Sorry chap, power may equal speed in the real world but it doesn't always mean that in the comic world.

so animated series are cannon now?

you said it yourself but i don't think you noticed. "reacts" there has to be an action to react to, as long as you understand it's not pre-cog you and me are cool. but reacting to thought? that's rediculous, his spidey sense would be going off all the time and he'd never know why rendering it useless, be reasonable now.

it may seem that way but it's simply not true, spidersenses are clearly discribed as being enhanced relfexes at 15 times normal response rate.

Man, I wish I had the comic on me. Spiderman's spider sense goes off when there is any sort of danger ABOUT TO happen. He was at a party with MJ, and it started going off. There was nothing happening. Not one thing. The reason it was going off was because there were two men near him that were bad guys.

Seriously, that's it. They weren't being hostile in the slightest. They, too, were just enjoying the party. But his sense went off because he knew that they would be up to know good sometime soon.

So, yes. It is a form of precognition, Merc. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to. But that's just how it works. It tells him when the attack/danger will happen, where it will hit, and where it's coming from. As well as the intensity of the danger.

Otherwise, how would he know to dodge this the way he did if he just thought it was some generic attack?

And, to remain on topic, Spidey still would take these ten Preds. It would be quite a fight though.

Pointinel
Man, I wish I had the comic on me. Spiderman's spider sense goes off when there is any sort of danger ABOUT TO happen. He was at a party with MJ, and it started going off. There was nothing happening. Not one thing. The reason it was going off was because there were two men near him that were bad guys.

Seriously, that's it. They weren't being hostile in the slightest. They, too, were just enjoying the party. But his sense went off because he knew that they would be up to know good sometime soon.

So, yes. It is a form of precognition, Merc. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to. But that's just how it works. It tells him when the attack/danger will happen, where it will hit, and where it's coming from. As well as the intensity of the danger.

Otherwise, how would he know to dodge this the way he did if he just thought it was some generic attack?

And, to remain on topic, Spidey still would take these ten Preds. It would be quite a fight though.

^and what a convenient plot device it is...

jrodslam

Well, Metalmanx. I guess the "Spidey-sense" changed over the years. Cause theres been a time or two where he didnt know what the danger was nor when it was coming exactly. But for the most part, your right.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Pointinel
^and what a convenient plot device it is... Kind of like an undefined healing factor... or a bottomless utility belt...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Kind of like an undefined healing factor... or a bottomless utility belt...

Sorry, guys. Xmarks has got you here.

MERCILOUS

Spidey sense gives direction and intensity, true. Spidersense has gone off when someone passes by and was thinking about something bad, true, however, this is not the way it has been written consistantly and is only an isolated incident.

If you want to go by isolated incidents why don't i just pick out the most bad-ass junior pred and tell you of all the great things he's done...that doesn't sound like good argueing to me but if you insist...

Pointinel
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Kind of like an undefined healing factor... or a bottomless utility belt...

LOL!

something seems to be bitter in this post

i just cant put my finger on it wink

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Pointinel
LOL!

something seems to be bitter in this post

i just cant put my finger on it wink If by "bitter" you mean "perceptive observation of ironic double standard" then you'd be 100% correct. Anything otherwise and you'd be incorrect, but I'm terribly sorry if I hurt your feelings by pointing out that Wolverine and Batman are equally if not more so plot device driven characters. What a dastardly scoundrel I am.

Pointinel
nah man you didnt hurt my feelings, but it was funny as **** tho

(you) mentioning logan and bat's name on a spidey thread, they aint a part of this

so take it easy x

xmarksthespot
Hmm... I could have easily been referring to any number of characters, yet the assumption is that "undefined healing factor" plot device regards Wolverine and "bottomless utility belt" plot device regards Batman. I guess the aforementioned statements hold true then. Interesting.

As for the thread. A spider sense is a useful advantage but it can't dodge everything especially considering the numbers advantage. Still I'm as yet undecided as to who would win more often than not.

Pointinel
smile

so you werent referring to them?

FOH

DarkCrawler
Spidey sense gives direction and intensity, true. Spidersense has gone off when someone passes by and was thinking about something bad, true, however, this is not the way it has been written consistantly and is only an isolated incident.

Ever read the stories with Ezekiel in them? It was said that Spider-Sense is some kind of mystical power. I'll get the issue.

TheKahn
I think this is a fare description of spiderman's abilities. At first the spidersence may have just been a physical ability, but Spidey's powers have seemed to evolve into a more mystical nature with what JMS is doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiderman#Powers_and_abilities

Still 10 heavly armed alien hunters who have an @$$-load of weapons is just too much for old webhead, considering that Kraven has given him a run for his money.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yautja

DarkCrawler
Yep.

Spider Sense could be overridden...he can't dodge all.

Scoobless

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/3345/spidersense14uh.th.jpg

Tha C-Master
I want to say 2 things, ignore the spider trolls on here.

2: I'm not saying spiderman wins. But he IS much faster than the fastest human, AND he is much stronger, the stronger the muscles the faster they are.

I know that if this were wolverine, people would be talking about how he caught a lightspeed character.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I want to say 2 things, ignore the spider trolls on here.

2: I'm not saying spiderman wins. But he IS much faster than the fastest human, AND he is much stronger, the stronger the muscles the faster they are.

I know that if this were wolverine, people would be talking about how he caught a lightspeed character.

That is why you see so many body-builders running the 100 yard dash

Arahan
Compare Spideys body to a body builder. He is compact but very strong, combinded with this he is capable of running very fast.

Metalmanx
Exactly, Arahan.

Anyway. No, Spidey won't dodge everything, but he'll dodge every attempted lethal attack. Spidey will definitely get some claws and staffs and circular blades hitting him. Definitely. I don't doubt that at all. But he's kept fighting under harder conditions than that.

And his strength really does put all theirs to shame. I'm guessing a Predator could probably lift a car, but that's still not close enough to Spidey's strength at all. And the webbing would DEFINITELY slow the Preds down. Enough for Spidey to figure out a strategy to take them all out.

Pointinel
ALL HAIL SPIDEY!!!

SPIDEY = MOST BELOVED OF THEM ALL

newjak86
Exactly, Arahan.

Anyway. No, Spidey won't dodge everything, but he'll dodge every attempted lethal attack. Spidey will definitely get some claws and staffs and circular blades hitting him. Definitely. I don't doubt that at all. But he's kept fighting under harder conditions than that.

And his strength really does put all theirs to shame. I'm guessing a Predator could probably lift a car, but that's still not close enough to Spidey's strength at all. And the webbing would DEFINITELY slow the Preds down. Enough for Spidey to figure out a strategy to take them all out. Yet still he has to find them be he has to avoid attacks that can cause a blast radius all around him that would be all but impossible. Oh these guys armor think Wolverine's bones on the outside because Pred metals are Uber Metal tough. SO they could take a shot from Spiderman but any attack from a Pred that would land would be either severe wounding or a death blow.
Plus as stated before that people with lower class strength and abilities can still give Spidey trouble since they have great fighting abilities as long as they have decent physical abilities Kraven.

TheKahn
Exactly, Arahan.

And his strength really does put all theirs to shame. I'm guessing a Predator could probably lift a car, but that's still not close enough to Spidey's strength at all. And the webbing would DEFINITELY slow the Preds down. Enough for Spidey to figure out a strategy to take them all out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraven_the_Hunter
kraven SHOT spiderman with a tranqulizer dart and buired him alive. Spidy didn't dodge it and if it had been a real bullet Peter would be pushing up daiseys next to Uncle Ben. If Kraven can shoot spiderman so can a group of interglatic hunters. 2guns

Also, Spiderman has to dodge the lethal blows in the comics or else there wouldn't be any damn comics. Seeing him getting killed every issue wouldn't be too interesting.

Arahan
Plot Device

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by TheKahn
That is why you see so many body-builders running the 100 yard dash I'm a body builder 2% bodyfat and I'm damned fast thank you.

A semi is more powerful than a car, but its heavier.

One day I'm getting a logic class for you guys.

K3VIL
Even youngest Predators are between the peak human and superhuman range.
So they can lift between the 1000 and the 2000 lbs.
They can stomp most human beings with major ease, like toys.
They grow up in a race of warriors, with hi tech weapons and skills.
Spidey never faced something like that.

Tha C-Master
Oh I'm not saying he's winning, I'm questioning the premise of power=speed in ALL situations, which is simply absurd.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.