Searching

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnoidfreak
I can't remember the title of a specific basketball game I played only once, yet it's still my favorite. I'm trying to find it so I can buy it but I dont remember the title.

It was unique in that when you had simulation mode on, it played like a simulation, but when you had arcade mode on, it didn't just take all the rules off. You could get on fire, a hot spot would appear randomly on the court and it was guarenteed to go in but it was open only for a limited time, and if you missed repeatedly, it had an ice cold feature, which was sort of like on fire(where the ball would be on fire when you shot) but instead there would be a trail of ice coming from the ball.

I think I played it on my Sega Dreamcast, but now I'm not so sure, seeing as I've gone through entire lists of nearly every Dreamcast game I could find and still haven't spotted it.

Can anybody help?

Arachnoidfreak
Can someone answer please?

SaTsuJiN
heh.. only game that I saw that fit your dreamcast arcade feel was NBA Hoopz by Midway... I dunno if thats what you were looking for though

snake_eyes616
Only B-ball game I have for DC is NBA 2K2 and that sucked. The game you are talking about sounds like the NFL Blitz version of Basketball, lol

(BTW badass sig AF wink)

Arachnoidfreak
I have NBA Hoopz, and yea there's a hotspot and all but it's fixed and there's no 'ice cold' animations.

The odd thing was it didn't have crappy graphics like midway games, it looked like a normal simulation. I put arcade on just to take the rules off and I found all this stuff, it was awesome.

Grr, I get more frustrated every time I think about it.

(and thanks snake eyes wink )

Arachnoidfreak
Oh, another feature I forgot is that you get to play one-on-one against legends like Michael Jordan and Wilt Chaimberlan on street courts. wtf is the name of this game!?

ok, i think i found it. it may be NBA Live 2000. And I didn't play it on dreamcast as it's not availible for Dreamcast, i guess it was my N64.

Does anybody have this game so they can let me know if I'm right?

Arachnoidfreak
nevermind, it is, i found it.

with the exception of satjusin and snake eyes, you so called video game jerks suck.

snake_eyes616
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
nevermind, it is, i found it.

Cool, whats the name of the game?

with the exception of satjusin and snake eyes, you so called video game jerks suck.

laughing out loud big grin

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by snake_eyes616
Cool, whats the name of the game?

laughing out loud big grin

NBA Live 2000

You get to play one-on-one with michael jordan, and the arcade mode is totally sick. the ball is blue and leaves a trail of ice when you miss alot, it turns on fire when you are hot, and random hotspots appear where you can't miss from (even full court shots) and a few other arcade-mode-only animations. theres also a 3-point shootout mode.

I...um..temporarily procured it form the internet wink while it ships from Amazon.com, woot!

the reason i bought it when i already have it is because playing basketball games on a keyboard really pisses me off. i need a controller.

snake_eyes616
NBA Live 2000

You get to play one-on-one with michael jordan, and the arcade mode is totally sick. the ball is blue and leaves a trail of ice when you miss alot, it turns on fire when you are hot, and random hotspots appear where you can't miss from (even full court shots) and a few other arcade-mode-only animations. theres also a 3-point shootout mode.

sounds like a good one.

SnakeEyes
ArachnoidFreak! Haven't seen you in a LONG time. How are things?

snake_eyes616
You guys know each other?

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
ArachnoidFreak! Haven't seen you in a LONG time. How are things?

Dude!

Things are cool. Sort of took time off from the forum as I started college, y'know? I'll be on more now though.

And you?

SnakeEyes
Meh, things have been kinda slow around here (KMC)... I'm learning how to drive though, so that's pretty cool. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.