The Super Duper Race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
This is a race from Toronto, Canada to Sydney, Australia. They can do whatever they want to get their, which is why i didnt put in anyone like Gladiator or Barry Allen who would whup these guys. I want u to answer 2 things for me: (1) Who wins? & (2) Next to each name write how long u think it would take them.

Speed Demon
Quicksilver
Northstar
Jay Garrick Flash
Impulse
Triathlon
Namor
Savage Hulk
Blurr
Meanstreak

Metalmanx
You still had to go and put a Flash and Kid Flash in there, didn't you? stick out tongue

From Toronto, Canada to Sydney Australia, it's approximately a 10,000 mile distance. Unless you're Flash/Gladiator/Silver Surfer/Batman...I don't care who you are. 10,000 miles is a lot.

Impulse wins.

Speed Demon--Not very fast. He'll probably get there in 15 hours.

Quicksilver--His speed lately hasn't been defined. But for the sake of argument, we'll use his "supposed" definied speed of Mach 10 (7,612.07051 mph). He'll get here in under 80 minutes. And this is just going by his estimated top speed is. It hasn't even been determined yet.

Northstar--Only because at the moment he is shown to go faster than Quicksilver, will I give Northstar the slight advantage here. He also flies, but I'm assuming you want this to be a foot race. Really pushing himself (since I have yet to see any of this near-lightspeed evidence, not that I doubt it, but I haven't seen it), I'd say he gets there in the hour.

Jay Garrick Flash--In less than 10 seconds really pushing it.

Impulse--Probably five seconds if he really pushes himself.

Triathlon--Days. Many. Approximately 5.5 days to reach his destination. If he doesn't die first, heh. By far, the slowest.

Namor--Slower than Quicksilver, but still quite impressive. Maybe 5-7 or so hours.

Savage Hulk--Hulk goes 300 mph when really moving, I believe. Correct? If so, even with this speed, He'll still take over a day to reach this finish line. About 33 hours actually.

Blurr--Err...huh I honestly don't know who Blurr is. Couldn't even find him when I tried to look him up.

Meanstreak--Slower than Namor, faster than Hulk. I'd give him...8-10 hours maybe.

armandovalles
Originally posted by Metalmanx
You still had to go and put a Flash and Kid Flash in there, didn't you? stick out tongue

From Toronto, Canada to Sydney Australia, it's approximately a 10,000 mile distance. Unless you're Flash/Gladiator/Silver Surfer/Batman...I don't care who you are. 10,000 miles is a lot.

Impulse wins.

Speed Demon--Not very fast. He'll probably get there in 15 hours.

Quicksilver--His speed lately hasn't been defined. But for the sake of argument, we'll use his "supposed" definied speed of Mach 10 (7,612.07051 mph). He'll get here in under 80 minutes. And this is just going by his estimated top speed is. It hasn't even been determined yet.

Northstar--Only because at the moment he is shown to go faster than Quicksilver, will I give Northstar the slight advantage here. He also flies, but I'm assuming you want this to be a foot race. Really pushing himself (since I have yet to see any of this near-lightspeed evidence, not that I doubt it, but I haven't seen it), I'd say he gets there in the hour.

Jay Garrick Flash--In less than 10 seconds really pushing it.

Impulse--Probably five seconds if he really pushes himself.

Triathlon--Days. Many. Approximately 5.5 days to reach his destination. If he doesn't die first, heh. By far, the slowest.

Namor--Slower than Quicksilver, but still quite impressive. Maybe 5-7 or so hours.

Savage Hulk--Hulk goes 300 mph when really moving, I believe. Correct? If so, even with this speed, He'll still take over a day to reach this finish line. About 33 hours actually.

Blurr--Err...huh I honestly don't know who Blurr is. Couldn't even find him when I tried to look him up.

Meanstreak--Slower than Namor, faster than Hulk. I'd give him...8-10 hours maybe.

Speed Demon slow?! wtf? this guy ran from Manhattan to Maine in one panel.

Blurr is the Supreme Power version of the Whizzer.

Triathlon, yes, is by far the slowest, as his top speed is 160 mph.

Other than Triathlon and Hulk tho i think Meanstreak's the slowest.

Namor would be but their crossing the ocean which gives Namor a huge speed upgrade whe he's swimming.

Also, im taking out Impulse and Flash. Now who wins?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by armandovalles
Speed Demon slow?! wtf? this guy ran from Manhattan to Maine in one panel.

Blurr is the Supreme Power version of the Whizzer.

Triathlon, yes, is by far the slowest, as his top speed is 160 mph.

Other than Triathlon and Hulk tho i think Meanstreak's the slowest.

Namor would be but their crossing the ocean which gives Namor a huge speed upgrade whe he's swimming.

Also, im taking out Impulse and Flash. Now who wins?

I'm just saying. Speed Demon is slow compared to other speedsters.

If you're taking both Impulse and Flash out, then Northstar wins.

With Quicksilver right on his heels.

And yea, Namor will be quite fast, especially swimming. I agree.

King_Mungi
If you take out Flash and Impulse, yeah Northstar wins

He is capable of reaching 99% of light speed. Quicksilver is a better character, but Aurora kicks both of their asses. smile
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/tf_Northstarback.jpg

Edit: However, Meanstreak is capable of light speed as well

Cosmic Cube
Northstar can reach near lightspeeds? erm

King_Mungi
Yeah, 99% of it . Even his sister could until her operation.

It's stated in the Deluxe and Master editions of the handbook

Metalmanx
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yeah, 99% of it . Even his sister could until her operation.

It's stated in the Deluxe and Master editions of the handbook

You know what? That link you sent just made me change my mind about Northstar a bit. I found out something very important.

His body is not able to withstand the rigors of super high speed.

Unlike Quiksilver. Whose entire body is made to withstand such speeds. Because of this, I am beginning to understand why Northstar pretty much can't go very fast in the comics. Fast, yes. But not what he is capable of. So if he can't physically reach his limit, then whatever he usually does would be his top speed that he can reach.

Hm...this is now making me believe that Quicksilver just might be faster. I have yet to see anything where Northstar totally outshines QS, so I'll stick with this for now.

King_Mungi
You know what? That link you sent just made me change my mind about Northstar a bit. I found out something very important.

His body is not able to withstand the rigors of super high speed.

Unlike Quiksilver. Whose entire body is made to withstand such speeds. Because of this, I am beginning to understand why Northstar pretty much can't go very fast in the comics. Fast, yes. But not what he is capable of. So if he can't physically reach his limit, then whatever he usually does would be his top speed that he can reach.

Hm...this is now making me believe that Quicksilver just might be faster. I have yet to see anything where Northstar totally outshines QS, so I'll stick with this for now.

Actually, Northstar has been capable of reaching the outer atmosphere is mere seconds. He is insanely durable as in he flew through a sentinel's head and exploded it and no harm came to him. That's not something QS can do and he even did that to normal humans at mach three and still was uneffected. Besides he can still reach those top speeds, but it would cause damage to himself and the environment. He is definetly still capable of these speeds. His entire speed system is manipulating kinetic energy, he is a better speedster and more capable then Quicksilver.

Read Alpha Flight then. Northstar and formerly Aurora are the fastest mutants.

Metalmanx
Actually, Northstar has been capable of reaching the outer atmosphere is mere seconds. He is insanely durable as in he flew through a sentinel's head and exploded it and no harm came to him. That's not something QS can do and he even did that to normal humans at mach three and still was uneffected. Besides he can still reach those top speeds, but it would cause damage to himself and the environment. He is definetly still capable of these speeds. His entire speed system is manipulating kinetic energy, he is a better speedster and more capable then Quicksilver.

Read Alpha Flight then. Northstar and formerly Aurora are the fastest mutants.

Alright, I'll give you the Northstar and Aurora being faster thing. But I would definitely say Quicksilver is the better speedster.

QS has never had a problem with going too fast. His body is completely adapted to rigors of high superhuman speed.

NS and Aurora manipulate kinetic energy, I agree. And that makes them go faster and protects them from certain things.. But technically, in terms of real "speedsterness" (like, physically adapted to everything relating to it), Quicksilver has them beat in that category.

I really wish they would give Quicksilver more showings. He could be a very powerful villian/hero if they gave him a shot. Super speed is hard to counter if you don't have the right arsenal.

King_Mungi
Alright, I'll give you the Northstar and Aurora being faster thing. But I would definitely say Quicksilver is the better speedster.

QS has never had a problem with going too fast. His body is completely adapted to rigors of high superhuman speed.

NS and Aurora manipulate kinetic energy, I agree. And that makes them go faster and protects them from certain things.. But technically, in terms of real "speedsterness" (like, physically adapted to everything relating to it), Quicksilver has them beat in that category.

I really wish they would give Quicksilver more showings. He could be a very powerful villian/hero if they gave him a shot. Super speed is hard to counter if you don't have the right arsenal.

Yeah and you know why he has never had a problem going fast? when Aurora and Northstar were going Mach 10, he was a huge huge huge slowpoke one of the weakest speedsters. Only recently he got the upgrade. Actually so are they, hence why going at those speeds the wing doesn't hurt them and now Northstar can go through metal and not get hurt. Aurora after the operation has a higher density now.

Meh! if you want to go that route, fine. The twins are still better overall and capable or reaching 99% of light speed casing themselves and the environment at risk. Not like QS can go that fast....for now.

Give Quicksilver more showings? Wow, give Alpha Flight more showings. They are all insanely strong if written to what they actually can do. Northstar sucks, bring back Aurora at her full potential and not her third personality going on in the Weapon X mini.

Metalmanx
Yeah and you know why he has never had a problem going fast? when Aurora and Northstar were going Mach 10, he was a huge huge huge slowpoke one of the weakest speedsters. Only recently he got the upgrade. Actually so are they, hence why going at those speeds the wing doesn't hurt them and now Northstar can go through metal and not get hurt. Aurora after the operation has a higher density now.

Meh! if you want to go that route, fine. The twins are still better overall and capable or reaching 99% of light speed casing themselves and the environment at risk. Not like QS can go that fast....for now.

Give Quicksilver more showings? Wow, give Alpha Flight more showings. They are all insanely strong if written to what they actually can do. Northstar sucks, bring back Aurora at her full potential and not her third personality going on in the Weapon X mini.

I'm not really so much arguing with you, man. No worries.

We're basically saying the same thing.

Northstar and Aurora are faster, yes. But just adapated to speed the same way Quicksilver is.

Why does NS suck compared to Aurora? They do the same thing.

And I agree that Alpha Flight should have more showings. Only after Quicksilver gets more showings first, heh.

And not just to knock Northstar and Aurora down, but I really hope that make Quicksilver even faster with this upgrade. If you haven't already figured out, super speed is my all time favorite super power. And I've always like QS the most. I just think, being Magneto's son and all (not the only reason, but a good one), that he should be the fastest speedster. I mean, look at Wanda and Polaris. Both uber powerful. And besides Mags, Polaris is the best at what she does. As is Wanda pretty much.

That's just me though.

King_Mungi
I'm not really so much arguing with you, man. No worries.

We're basically saying the same thing.

Northstar and Aurora are faster, yes. But just adapated to speed the same way Quicksilver is.

Why does NS suck compared to Aurora? They do the same thing.

And I agree that Alpha Flight should have more showings. Only after Quicksilver gets more showings first, heh.

And not just to knock Northstar and Aurora down, but I really hope that make Quicksilver even faster with this upgrade. If you haven't already figured out, super speed is my all time favorite super power. And I've always like QS the most. I just think, being Magneto's son and all (not the only reason, but a good one), that he should be the fastest speedster. I mean, look at Wanda and Polaris. Both uber powerful. And besides Mags, Polaris is the best at what she does. As is Wanda pretty much.

That's just me though.

No they don't. They did prior to her operation and now Northstar got a upgrade from the HAND such as he can create light by his own; but we don't know what else he can do. She can generate light on her own blinding people (half a million candles bright), she is able to create concussive blasts of light, hypnotize opponents, and has some sort of unexplained healing capabilities generated from her light. Her personality are better.

Now I hate you mad

Hey I like Quicksilver as well, but I think the title of the fastest mutants should stay with the twins. Mach 10 is uber fast, which he has been shown to do. I just like the fact the twins are powerful Canadians. Alpha Flight is the most underated team ever.

Metalmanx
No they don't. They did prior to her operation and now Northstar got a upgrade from the HAND such as he can create light by his own; but we don't know what else he can do. She can generate light on her own blinding people (half a million candles bright), she is able to create concussive blasts of light, hypnotize opponents, and has some sort of unexplained healing capabilities generated from her light. Her personality are better.

Now I hate you mad

Hey I like Quicksilver as well, but I think the title of the fastest mutants should stay with the twins. Mach 10 is uber fast, which he has been shown to do. I just like the fact the twins are powerful Canadians. Alpha Flight is the most underated team ever.

Heh, don't get sore, bro.

I want more Alpha Flight, too.

I personally really like Sasquatch myself.

His fight with Juggernaut in Uncanny X-men was amazing.

But I still think the fastest should go to Quicksilver. wink

King_Mungi
Heh, don't get sore, bro.

I want more Alpha Flight, too.

I personally really like Sasquatch myself.

His fight with Juggernaut in Uncanny X-men was amazing.

But I still think the fastest should go to Quicksilver. wink

Well that makes two people who want more Alpha Flight, and not a repeat of most of vol.2 and all of vol.3

Damn right, one of my favorite characters. They should have keep his base strength at class 6, and not have to freak out and let Tanaraq in to get back to that strength.

Never did see that actually

Still hate you mad

Metalmanx
Well that makes two people who want more Alpha Flight, and not a repeat of most of vol.2 and all of vol.3

Damn right, one of my favorite characters. They should have keep his base strength at class 6, and not have to freak out and let Tanaraq in to get back to that strength.

Never did see that actually

Still hate you mad

Love you, too. wink

King KAM
Wally Wins, crawling.

K3VIL
Speed Demon's speed has been upgraded since he joined the New Thunderbolts?
Anyway Jay Garrick will arrive first, then Impulse.
You can't put a member of the Flash family in a run contest without humiliating the other contendants

Arahan
Jay Garrick and Impulse were taken out from the race.

And I want more showings of QS too. Pietro is one of my favorite Chars.
His mini series with the High Evo. were great. More of this.
And bring QS to the New Avengers and kick Wolverine.
The team really needs a speedster.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.