Cyclops vs. Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Metalmanx
Just like it says. Cyclops vs. Storm. They start off...90 feet from the each other. The distance between home plate and first base.

They can use all their powers, which mostly pertains to Storm, seeing as Cyke only has one. EXCEPT those stupid-as-hell sun lasers. Lord.

They fight to the best of their ability. Who wins?

I personally think Cyclops wins with sheer efficiency alone.

NoFate007
I give it to Storm. She has too much of an arsenal.

Comic Book
Whats with all the Storm, orgy threads being made. I mean cyclops could win, with a killer blast, that covers every where, but storm could win as well. ok, who ever strikes first wins.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Comic Book
Whats with all the Storm, orgy threads being made. I mean cyclops could win, with a killer blast, that covers every where, but storm could win as well. ok, who ever strikes first wins.

Exactly. I agree.

I just think Cyke will be able to strike first.

Comic Book
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Exactly. I agree.

I just think Cyke will be able to strike first.

thats why he is first in command, and then storm Happy Dance

wannabe
cyclops or storm ?

I say both can win, since both have a distance energy attack. So it's a "who shoots first" situation.
If the fight takes place in a complex urban environment, i would slightly tend to give this to Storm, since she defeated Cyclops in their only direct battle (that i know of) even without her powers.

gamewarrior
Cyclops would probably get the first hit and Cyke could win if he kept his distance and aim carefully or he could just take off his visor and go postal.

8bitChris
Originally posted by gamewarrior
Cyclops would probably get the first hit and Cyke could win if he kept his distance and aim carefully.

All Storm did was take his visor. Cyclops forfeit because he didn't want to kill anyone and he couldn't control his optic blasts without the visor.

If you want to call that a win, be my quest. We all know if it was bloodlust Storm would have had a few holes in her.

wannabe
Originally posted by 8bitChris
All Storm did was take his visor. Cyclops forfeit because he didn't want to kill anyone and he couldn't control his optic blasts without the visor.

If you want to call that a win, be my quest. We all know if it was bloodlust Storm would have had a few holes in her. Taking the visor was just a symbolic gesture for taking this fight. Instead she could have stabbed or otherwise killed him, but since it was no battle to the death...

peejayd
* if you carefully read the comic, you would have seen how Cyke leg throws Storm when she closes in... all Storm did was go for a stalemate, grabs off Cyke's visor, 'coz she knows Cyke himself would stop the fight...

* in Storm's mind - a visorless Cyke is harmless (so sez in the comic)
* in Cyke's mind - a visorless Cyke means Storm goes abroad without passport...

* 'nuff said...

Tha C-Master
Cyclops...

Creshosk
Hmm. . . tricky . . .

JediMasterLuke5
A lighting bolt from storm to Cyclops would probally kill him or at least knock him out. Or storm could just let a Tornado kill him.

pr1983
Been done before... Cyclops imo...

brainchild81
Cyclops shoots her before she can mount any type of offense

peejayd
* yeah, Storm needs to spit mantras and shit... while ZAKT!!! game over, Cyke wins...

powerfulone1987
Storm wins. All Hands Down.

All of yall seem to know about this fight between Cyclops and Storm.

Do all of yall read the comic books. And is there a bunch of versions of the Xmen comic books for example out at the same time or do they finish one version and then go on to another.
And was this one recent.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by powerfulone1987

All of yall seem to know about this fight between Cyclops and Storm.

Do all of yall read the comic books. And is there a bunch of versions of the Xmen comic books for example out at the same time or do they finish one version and then go on to another.
And was this one recent.

What are your assumptions for Storm winning? You don't even seem to know too much about the comics. I'm not bashing you or anything, but elaborate a bit. You just say she wins, while many of us says she loses.

And yes, there are many different versions of X-men. Some end, while others continue or turn into other versions.

powerfulone1987
All this ending and new versions doesn't really make since to me. How do yall feel about that?
One person over here who is normal and the same person over here in an alternate universe has some disease for example and dies.

I guess you have to have been reading for a while to get use to it or something.

Because I only watched the shows. The original series and Evolution which is them when they were younger so I just see them as the Xmen, the same everywhere. I'm sure it would boggle my mind to get into the comics and find out the Xmen that I know died in another universe or something or have changed or are just not talked about anymore and another version of them are , it would make me sick and mad.

Well like I said, I base my opinions off of the shows on television.

So X-men are out now and what's different about them in the comic books or is it the original ones in the comic books now?

A lot of people say she'll win too.

GalacticStorm
Actually i think Storm will be able to strike first. Given that all she has to do to throw a lightning bolt his way is decide on that strategy, then think about it, whereas Cyclops has to decide on his strategy, press the button in his palm(or the one on the side of his visor) and then physically direct his blast. Storm has one less step her powers manifest through psionic manipulation , Cyclops has to work his visor and direct his beams physically. Storm wins more often than not.

Tha C-Master
Storm isn't the faster shooter nor the better marksman, and not in physically better shape.

Lets not overrate storm now, its cheap, but cyke is simply faster.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Storm isn't the faster shooter nor the better marksman, and not in physically better shape.

Lets not overrate storm now, its cheap, but cyke is simply faster.

At the end of the day, what evidence have you got to say cyclops is in better shape physically. Thats speculation and comic book appearances certainly dont give you enough to make that assumption.

They are both intensively trained in the use of their powers. Storms lightning powers operate at a third of the speed of light, Cyclopsforce blasts speed is unrevealed. He isnt the faster shooter, he is arguably the better marksman though i'll give you that.

However when you weigh it up Storms powers are psionic based. Cyclops are very physical. After a strategy has been formed, a thought triggers off and manifests lightning from her body.

With Cyclops after hes thought about his strategy he must then physically press one of the buttons that operate his visor, he must then physically direct his blast.

Storms go where she thinks. One less step, all hers are psionic, two of Cyclops steps are physical. Storm wins.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
At the end of the day, what evidence have you got to say cyclops is in better shape physically. Thats speculation and comic book appearances certainly dont give you enough to make that assumption.

No speculation, where is this speculation that storm is in great shape compared to him, or better?

Cyke is in the shape of a highly trained athlete, is a great hand to hands person, fights with his eyes closed numerous times.

If they were in the olympics Cyclops would win.

Period.

They are both intensively trained in the use of their powers. Storms lightning powers operate at a third of the speed of light, Cyclopsforce blasts speed is unrevealed. He isnt the faster shooter, he is arguably the better marksman though i'll give you that.

Now you are back onto powers, you know I meant shape.

Storm has to get out of the way and use her powers in fear of being struck back.

Cyclops, aim, fire.

However when you weigh it up Storms powers are psionic based. Cyclops are very physical. After a strategy has been formed, a thought triggers off and manifests lightning from her body.

Cyclops are only physical because he would own storm if he didn't.

Cyclops are less physical than anyones, in fact they are involuntary.

The trigger goes off as fast as it would in earths circumstances.

With Cyclops after hes thought about his strategy he must then physically press one of the buttons that operate his visor, he must then physically direct his blast.

Storm has to target, summon, and get out of the way, with hope that it hits.

The farther away they are the safer they BOTH are.

Storms go where she thinks. One less step, all hers are psionic, two of Cyclops steps are physical. Storm wins.

Storm wins 4/10, cyke is simply faster, this shouldn't even be questioned.

GalacticStorm
No speculation, where is this speculation that storm is in great shape compared to him, or better?

Cyke is in the shape of a highly trained athlete, is a great hand to hands person, fights with his eyes closed numerous times.

If they were in the olympics Cyclops would win.

Period.

Cyclops would win in some areas due to his sex as men are inherently stronger and faster at physical things, however you have no evidence whatsoever to say hes in better physical shape than her, that shes less fit than he is . Mere speculation which has no value here. If im wrong about you speculating then please post some proof showing how Cyclops is so much fitter Storm. Precisely.

Now you are back onto powers, you know I meant shape.

No you said shes not a better shooter, marksman or in as good a physical shape. Three seperate factors. As their projectiles are mutant power based then if you're referring to their marksman skills and all that entails then of course im going to talk about their powers. You dont have sufficient evidence to make a case for him being physically fitter than Storm and we both know it. Speculation will get you nowhere.

Storm has to get out of the way and use her powers in fear of being struck back.

Cyclops, aim, fire.

So why will Storm have to worry about getting out of the way but Cyclops wont? Has he had a secondary mutation that im unaware of? They will both be thinking of getting out of the way, then they will both make a decision to fire. Storms powers are all psionic she will think it and then her lightning will strike. Cyclops after making his decision has to aim and then he has to operate his visor by pressing one of the buttons. An extra step and both very physical. Storms attack will reach him quicker.

Cyclops are only physical because he would own storm if he didn't.

Cyclops are less physical than anyones, in fact they are involuntary.

The trigger goes off as fast as it would in earths circumstances.

His visor is standard equipment so your comment is irrelevant. He goes into battle with his visor he will have to go through the steps outlined above. The fact that he has to operate his visor and physically aim (put storm in his line of sight) is less efficient then psionically directing a surge of lightning at Cyclops.

Storm has to target, summon, and get out of the way, with hope that it hits.

Dealt with above. Cyclops has to go through extra, more cumbersome steps and they BOTH would have to think about getting out of the way. Please a bit ofobjectivity. If the Storm threads are starting to get to you then ignore them.

The farther away they are the safer they BOTH are.

Debatable but i wont argue that point right now.

Storm wins 4/10, cyke is simply faster, this shouldn't even be questioned.

Objectively speaking thats far from the case. Cyclops is a better marksman. Thats all he has going for him. His visor and its operation lets him down.

stormfront13
storm wins....

all she has to do is summon and move. like galactic has explained, cyke has extra. lightning moves at 60,000 miles per second, he isn;t dodging it. storm has already dodged cykes blasts before when they fought. he was looking straight at her, fired, and she moved out of the way, it can happen again.

Tha C-Master
Cyclops would win in some areas due tohis sex as men are inherently stronger and faster at physical things, however you have no evidence whatsoever to say hes in better physical shape than than her, that shes less fit than he is .

I told you he's in the shape of an athlete, a better fighter, etc.

What have you told me?

He isn't.

Thats speculation

Mere speculation which has no value here. If im wrong about you speculating then please post some proof showing how Cyclops is so much fitter Storm. Precisely.

You just answered my own question.

Contradiction.

Whats that?

To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).
To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny.
To be contrary to; be inconsistent with.

v. intr.
To utter a contradictory statement

I'm going to let you find out where you did that yourself though...

No you said shes not a better shooter, marksman or in as good a physical shape.

She's not, you basically just agreed with me.

Three seperate factors. As their projectiles are mutant power based then if you're referring to their marksman skills and all that entails then of course im going to talk about their powers.

Cyclops has much better control/reaction reflex time with his blasts, the way you describe them yourself entails that to be so. Its so nice of you to answer my own questions for me like this.

You dont have sufficient evidence to make a case for him being physically fitter than Storm and we both know it. Speculation will get you nowhere.

Assuming, and then further contradicting yourself is far worse.

Logically cyclops is faster and stronger, you said so yourself.

He is a better marksman so he will need better reflexes/coordination.

He is more adriot of movement, storm uses winds its psionic , not physical.

So why will Storm have to worry about getting out of the way but Cyclops wont?

Strom will , by your own admission fly and be safe.

Cyke knowing this would blast her before that happened, would he be getting out of the way of her flying to safety? Come on now.

The farther away she is, the safer they BOTH will be.

Has he had a secondary mutation that im unaware of?

REad above AC.

They will both be thinking of getting out of the way, then they will both make a decision to fire.

You said storm was heading into the air, wierd.

Storms powers are all psionic she will think it and then her lightning will strike.

She still has to target, etc. no different than cyclops.

She just doesn't "touch herself", no pun intended.

Cyclops after making his decision has to aim and then he has to operate his visor by pressing one of the buttons. An extra step and both very physical. Storms attack will reach him quicker.

Discussed.

His visor is standard equipment so your comment is irrelevant. He goes into battle with his visor he will have to go through the steps outlined above.

I was not saying it would, I was explaining why it would be different otherwise.

The fact that he has to operate his visor and physically aim (put storm in his line of sight) is less efficient then psionically directing a surge of lightning at Cyclops.

Storm has to do the same regardless, cyclops is a better marksman.

Ever seen a quickdraw, those take milliseconds, cyclops is a better marksman, this shouldn't even be debated.

Storms powers come out after she targets, and gestures them to.

Dealt with above. Cyclops has to go through extra, more cumbersome steps and they BOTH would have to think about getting out of the way. Please a bit ofobjectivity. If the Storm threads are starting to get to you then ignore them.

Don't start this "you're biased" mess here, I'm debating you fact by fact, you are being unrealistic in a theoretical debate.

Same deal with carnae, left out alot of his powers, and assumed that storm had a better reaction time, than someone with superhuman reaction time.

Stop with the "storm pwns all, lightning bolt!!!2" stick out tongue

Objectively speaking thats far from the case. Cyclops is a better marksman. Thats all he has going for him. His visor and its operation lets him down.

Agreed on the last part, but not on the first.

GalacticStorm
I told you he's in the shape of an athlete, a better fighter, etc.

What have you told me?

He isn't.

Thats speculation

Incorrect. I never once said Cyclops was never in the shape of an athlete. I said until we have evidence that he is so much more fitter than Storm then its mere speculation and therefore has no place in the debate.

You just answered my own question.

Contradiction.

Whats that?

To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).
To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny.
To be contrary to; be inconsistent with.

v. intr.
To utter a contradictory statement

I'm going to let you find out where you did that yourself though...

As your grounds for for saying i was speculating and/or contradicting myself were based on a misinterpretaion the above is rendered null and void. To avoid this in the future take better note of the contributions of the opposition.

She's not, you basically just agreed with me.

By repeating a statement of yours i fail to see how that was the case.

Cyclops has much better control/reaction reflex time with his blasts, the way you describe them yourself entails that to be so. Its so nice of you to answer my own questions for me like this.

Cyclops does not have better control over his projectiles. They are involuntary and they can only project in correlation with his line of sight. Storms go where she thinks them. Better reaction/reflex time maybe due to his sex but the fact that his blasts are operated through his visor (a physical process) negates ant benefits his arguably faster reaction times would give him. Ok?

Assuming, and then further contradicting yourself is far worse.

You misread/misinterpreted my post which lead you to falsely accuse me of speculating, therefore this speculation/contradiction nonsense needs to be canned.

He is a better marksman so he will need better reflexes/coordination.

He is more adriot of movement, storm uses winds its psionic , not physical.

Strom will , by your own admission fly and be safe

Cyclops is indeed logically faster in terms of reflexes however his need to physically operate his visor and physically (in comparison to storms psionic operations) negates any advantage he would otherwise have.

Storm uses winds to fly away correct however she doesnt need to use them to simply leap out of the way. Dont assume that in every single fight she is going to fly away. It depends on the enemy. Cyclops with his human agility/reflexes/speed would not necessitate her flying out of range from the offset(although its certainly an option)

Cyke knowing this would blast her before that happened, would he be getting out of the way of her flying to safety? Come on now.

That is based on the assumption of yours that she will fly away from Cyclops which is a possibility. Either way Cyclops is not going to stand still on one spot against a foe with such long range and fast acting powers as Storm. He will worry about getting out of the way as well. Think logically. Standing on the spot aiming would leave him a sitting duck. Come on CM.

She still has to target, etc. no different than cyclops.

She just doesn't "touch herself", no pun intended.

Yes but her targetting and resultant exacting is all carried out psionically. Cyclops targets, then has to tell hmself to press either of the two buttons that operate his visor. Unless Cyclops moves at the speed of thought all together that is considerably slower than Storms entirely psionic operations. All speed advantages inherent to his sex take a heavy blow.

Storm has to do the same regardless, cyclops is a better marksman.

Ever seen a quickdraw, those take milliseconds, cyclops is a better marksman, this shouldn't even be debated.

Deal with previously.

Storms powers come out after she targets, and gestures them to. Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Don't start this "you're biased" mess here, I'm debating you fact by fact, you are being unrealistic in a theoretical debate.

Same deal with carnae, left out alot of his powers, and assumed that storm had a better reaction time, than someone with superhuman reaction time.

Im not being unrealistic at all. All your points have been countered. Youre being unrealistic to think two physical processes wont affect Cyclops natural advantages enough for him to output quicker than storms purely psionic processes.

As for the Carnage thing i never once said that Storm had a better reaction time than him. Id love you to quote me from that thread. When you cant find this fabricated comment id appreciate an apology for the false accussation lol.

Tha C-Master
So you are saying they are in the same physical shape? AFTER you told me he was stronger and faster? Cyclops IS the better marksman, even with the handicap.

You are ignoring storms tendencies to fly which is the whole crux of the problem here.

soleran30
Well I think the fight can go either way however when it comes to lightning and it's affects she doesn't have to even hit Cyclops to affect him just within like 15 feet and the electricity still hits you.........

So if Storm can dodge cyclops then I think she can win just due to the nature of electricity.

GalacticStorm
So you are saying they are in the same physical shape? AFTER you told me he was stronger and faster? Cyclops IS the better marksman, even with the handicap.

You are ignoring storms tendencies to fly which is the whole crux of the problem here.

No CM youre not thinking about the situation relatively. As a man Cyclops is inherently stronger and faster than Storm physically, that however doesnt make him fitter than Storm, in better physical shape than Storm.

Im not ignoring Storms tendencies to fly. You're ignoring her ability to assess a situation and decide on an appropriate course of action.

Either way whether she flies or merely dodges, Cyclops will not stand around aiming like a sitting duck. They will both be evasive and move around as they attack or before. Its a course of action they'll both take.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by soleran30
Well I think the fight can go either way however when it comes to lightning and it's affects she doesn't have to even hit Cyclops to affect him just within like 15 feet and the electricity still hits you.........

So if Storm can dodge cyclops then I think she can win just due to the nature of electricity. I can go with that.

Tha C-Master
No CM youre not thinking about the situation relatively. As a man Cyclops is inherently stronger and faster than Storm physically, that however doesnt make him fitter than Storm, in better physical shape than Storm.

Im not ignoring Storms tendencies to fly. You're ignoring her ability to assess a situation and decide on an appropriate course of action.

Either way whether she flies or merely dodges, Cyclops will not stand around aiming like a sitting duck. They will both be evasive and move around as they attack or before. Its a course of action they'll both take.

Cyclops has the decision making down to a t there.

Is storm a better fighter, no? stronger, no. take away her winds and all her powers, and give cyclops eyesight like a normal person, and you are going to tell me their physicality is comparable?

GalacticStorm
I can go with that.

Well its not like you've got anything else to fall back on eek! stick out tongue j/k

GalacticStorm
Cyclops has the decision making down to a t there.

Is storm a better fighter, no? stronger, no. take away her winds and all her powers, and give cyclops eyesight like a normal person, and you are going to tell me their physicality is comparable?

You still dont seem to grasp what im saying and how you're previous statements were flawed. Ok as a man im physically stronger and faster than my sister, however my sis goes to the gym more than i do. Because of my inherent advantages does that make me physically fitter than my sister?

As for Cyclops being a better fighter, given Storms h2h showings on panel thats highly debatable. Its all speculation until you actually see them have a proper h2h match against each other and therefore has no merit here.

Swanky-Tuna
This was already done. It was a big fight of Storm's supporters, Stormfront, saying Storm would more likely dodge Cyclops' attack then hit him with electricity because of an event that happened when Cyclops wanted to quit the team way back when they were teenagers or the group first formed or something.

Cyclops supporters were saying he'd dodge Storm's electricity and hit Storm because of a scan provided in the thread of him doing exactly that when they were more experienced later down the line.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
This was already done. It was a big fight of Storm's supporters, Stormfront, saying Storm would more likely dodge Cyclops' attack then hit him with electricity because of an event that happened when Cyclops wanted to quit the team way back when they were teenagers or the group first formed or something.

Cyclops supporters were saying he'd dodge Storm's electricity and hit Storm because of a scan provided in the thread of him doing exactly that when they were more experienced later down the line.

But before noone took into consideration Cyclops visor and its operation. People are talking reflexes here but are not looking at the visor as a factor.

powerfulone1987
Cyclops is not faster.

He runs.

Storm can use the speed of win. I think that's pretty fast.
Oh, yeah, I went there.

I keep seeing this stuff about Storm having to dodge. What about Cyclops, is he ammune to her powers or something. I don't think so. He would be dodging also.

Storms faster. Her powers more effiecient and she would win. All Hands Down.

GalacticStorm
Cyclops is not faster.

He runs.

Storm can use the speed of win. I think that's pretty fast.
Oh, yeah, I went there.

I keep seeing this stuff about Storm having to dodge. What about Cyclops, is he ammune to her powers or something. I don't think so. He would be dodging also.

Storms faster. Her powers more effiecient and she would win. All Hands Down.

I like your sig. The picture on the right of your sig. Have you got the full, original image by any chance? big grin

stormfront13

in the picture, storm was flying, and wasn't summoning ligthning. when she shoots electricity from her fingers, it doesn't travel as fast as when she summons it. storm wins this...

JediMasterLuke5
Like I have said before Storm has to much going for her. Tornado's, Lighting, Hurricane's, Floods, and many other things. Cyclops basically has one power which is his Optic fire blast. Storm's force's of nature ability just makes her very powerful.

Tha C-Master
You still dont seem to grasp what im saying and how you're previous statements were flawed. Ok as a man im physically stronger and faster than my sister, however my sis goes to the gym more than i do. Because of my inherent advantages does that make me physically fitter than my sister?

As for Cyclops being a better fighter, given Storms h2h showings on panel thats highly debatable. Its all speculation until you actually see them have a proper h2h match against each other and therefore has no merit here. Storm relies on psionics and extra powers to aid her, cyclops is alot more physically involved. THAT makes him physically fitter than strom.

You aren't grasping that, cyclops is an athlete, look it up, and look up the word.

It isn't speculation, this is a theoretical match, I'm using whats presented by the character to make a logical decision.

So if gambit was vs galactus, would you say that galactus winning is mere speculation? That held little merit?

Creshosk
Storm relies on psionics and extra powers to aid her, cyclops is alot more physically involved. THAT makes him physically fitter than strom. Wouldn't that logic lead one to beleive that Characters like Wolverine and batman are more physically fit than characters that rely more on their powers like Spiderman or Superman?

You aren't grasping that, cyclops is an athlete, look it up, and look up the word. What sport is he trained to play?

It isn't speculation, this is a theoretical match, I'm using whats presented by the character to make a logical decision. You mean like the time where Storm was able to snatch the visor from cyclops, while she had no powers?

So if gambit was vs galactus, would you say that galactus winning is mere speculation? Well, Gambit is more physically activeso obviously he's stronger and faster and therefore that makes him the better fighter. . . wink

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Creshosk
Wouldn't that logic lead one to beleive that Characters like Wolverine and batman are more physically fit than characters that rely more on their powers like Spiderman or Superman?

No obviously.

What sport is he trained to play?

Look up athlete, I'm one of the most athletic kids in my school and didn't bother with sports.

You mean like the time where Storm was able to snatch the visor from cyclops, while she had no powers?

You want to play this?

Cyke beats the minor squad of xmen, alone.

Cyke beats on wolverine with no weapons.

Well, Gambit is more physically activeso obviously he's stronger and faster and therefore that makes him the better fighter. . . wink

Speculation on whether he would win?

Nope.

This was pointless, no offense, but I'm a bit busy, I want to get back to the subject at hand.

StyleTime
You all seem to forget that in an all out fight, cyclops would not really need to aim. If he was in survival mode, it would be visor off(like 2/10 of a second)....storm can't dodge that...period.

However, I vote that they kill each other simultaneously. They would both fire their biggest blast/windlightningafricandragon whatever and the X-Men would be no more.If it wasn't tie though, Cyke wins everytime. I mean....he hit Phoenix(see pic) for crying out loud...he could hit storm.

Creshosk
No obviously. Why not?

Superman and Spiderman don't have to exert themselves very often. Which means that since they rely more on their powers Batman and Wolverine are more physically involved.

Just like storm obviously relys more on her powers, so Cyclops is more physically invovled. smile

Look up athlete, I'm one of the most athletic kids in my school and didn't bother with sports.I did look it up. Did you?

You want to play this?

Cyke beats the minor squad of xmen, alone.

Cyke beats on wolverine with no weapons.

Oh yes because Wolverine is spiderman and Storm is a minor squad of X-men. . . Or you know since they aren't your analogies have no place here. wink

When did Cyclops beat wolverine h2h? confused

Speculation on whether he would win?

Nope.

This was pointless, no offense, but I'm a bit busy, I want to get back to the subject at hand. It was your logic though.

Obviously Galactus doesn't rely on physical activity more than gambit. so that means that gambit is more physically fit, so is then stronger, faster and a better fighter.

Right? since after all

Storm relies on psionics and extra powers to aid her, cyclops is alot more physically involved. THAT makes him physically fitter than strom.

As for Cyclops being a better fighter, given Storms h2h showings on panel thats highly debatable. Its all speculation until you actually see them have a proper h2h match against each other and therefore has no merit here.

Without their powers Gambit would whoop up on Galactus. . . right?

Tha C-Master
Superman and Spiderman don't have to exert themselves very often. Which means that since they rely more on their powers Batman and Wolverine are more physically involved.

Spiderman relies on his body more, and his body is superior anyways, seeing as cyke and storm aren't superhumanly fit, and cyke uses his body more, that would lead one to believe that he is in better physical conditioning/ practice.

Answer my question, if they were to lose their powers and compete in the olympics, who would win?

Just like storm obviously relys more on her powers, so Cyclops is more physically invovled. smile

No its the nature of her powers.

I did look it up. Did you?

Stop this.

Oh yes because Wolverine is spiderman and Storm is a minor squad of X-men. . . Or you know since they aren't your analogies have no place here. wink

Accusations that you and your "teammate" are throwing around without using any common sense when you answer them isn't really getting us anywhere.

When did Cyclops beat wolverine h2h? confused

He gave him trouble in hand2hand before in ultimates, and again in 616.

If you think storm can do the same without her powers, well...

Obviously Galactus doesn't rely on physical activity more than gambit. so that means that gambit is more physically fit, so is then stronger, faster and a better fighter.

Right? since after all

Had nothing to do with my point, you just wasted your time here, i was countering speculation.

Without their powers Gambit would whoop up on Galactus. . . right?

Stop arguing for the sake of it, before I put you in time out. wink

Creshosk
cyke uses his body more, that would lead one to believe that he is in better physical conditioning/ practice. Like Gambit uses his more than Galactus? big grin

And how do you know who uses their body more? wink

peejayd
* geez, power-wise, Cyke wins...
* hand to hand combat, Cyke wins...
* as simp as that...

Tha C-Master
Like Gambit uses his more than Galactus? big grin

And how do you know who uses their body more? wink Never was my point, get to relevancy.

How do you think I'd know, is storm a constant fighter, answer my question with an answer.

xmarksthespot
Powers, no holds barred. Cyclops would win more often than not. It's as simple as taking his visor off.
H2H only. Still Cyclops.

Metalmanx
Actually i think Storm will be able to strike first. Given that all she has to do to throw a lightning bolt his way is decide on that strategy, then think about it, whereas Cyclops has to decide on his strategy, press the button in his palm(or the one on the side of his visor) and then physically direct his blast. Storm has one less step her powers manifest through psionic manipulation , Cyclops has to work his visor and direct his beams physically. Storm wins more often than not.

Wow.

That was brilliant, GS. I commend you, seriously. I have never before, in all my life, seen someone take that split second gesture of Cyke's and stretch it out to make it sound like several minutes. Kudos.

But seriously now. There won't be any unnecessary strategy-thinking on Cyke's part. Cyclops just needs to look at her. And he'll easily be able to do so. She's standing 90 feet from him. His hand will already be on his visor/hand switch, where it always is when he's preparing for a battle/in battle.

I know lightning is fast, just not as fast as the length of time it would take for him to shoot her down. I know how Storm works, too. She would have to think about the attack and then mentally call down the lightning. The moment the lightning is forming and JUST about to strike, Cyke has already shot a beach ball-sized hole through her. You make it sound as if his aiming will take him forever to do. Wherever he looks, he hits.

Cyclops wins 8/10.

Metalmanx
Hand to hand, Cyke would mop the floor with her. I'd give him 10/10 hand to hand.

I know she took his visor off, which clearly severely crippled him. Hell, if I took his visor away, I'd win the fight, too.

stormfront13
this thread shows how people are ignorant. storm only has to think of a lighning bolt, and it comes. it literally is instantley.lightning moves at 60,000 miles per second, he can;t dodge that. to hit her first, he would have to have enhanced reflexes, and he doesn't. he has to make the decision if he wants to take off his visor or shoot, then either do one of the 2. then his blast takes time to hit her. when they fought, he shot on target at her, and she dodged. if she didn't move, then he would have hit her, but his blast isn't very, very fast. it's slower than a bullet, and storm has shown on many occasions that she can dodge machine gun fire frokm trained officials. recently in uncanny she has done so. also, people highly underestimate storms fighting ability. if anything they are equal in fighting ability. I'd say that she betas him h2h. she has more expierence than him, and has been training more than he has. recently, she has even suprised wolverine with her fighting abilities. she also took on brockwall, super sabre, and another person with super speed, and took out 2 of them, and was close to the third without her powers. one of them was like the blob, and couldn;t be knocked over, yet she still did it. another was a better version of captain america, though he couldn't fight as well, she beat him, and she gave the one with super-speed trouble. all three of these men were great fighters, and were world war 2 veterans, and she took them all on at once. she has even suprised sabertooth and knocked him on his ass. also, when she was like 12, she killed a man because he tried to rape her. she was 12, and killed a man triple her strength and size. and has anyone read her mini-series, or the arena? storm did a lot of h2h fighting in that. she has killed both marrow and callisto in h2h combat. everyone really underestimates her fighting ability.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by stormfront13
this thread shows how people are ignorant. storm only has to think of a lighning bolt, and it comes. it literally is instantley.lightning moves at 60,000 miles per second, he can;t dodge that. to hit her first, he would have to have enhanced reflexes, and he doesn't. he has to make the decision if he wants to take off his visor or shoot, then either do one of the 2. then his blast takes time to hit her. when they fought, he shot on target at her, and she dodged. if she didn't move, then he would have hit her, but his blast isn't very, very fast. it's slower than a bullet, and storm has shown on many occasions that she can dodge machine gun fire frokm trained officials. recently in uncanny she has done so. also, people highly underestimate storms fighting ability. if anything they are equal in fighting ability. I'd say that she betas him h2h. she has more expierence than him, and has been training more than he has. recently, she has even suprised wolverine with her fighting abilities. she also took on brockwall, super sabre, and another person with super speed, and took out 2 of them, and was close to the third without her powers. one of them was like the blob, and couldn;t be knocked over, yet she still did it. another was a better version of captain america, though he couldn't fight as well, she beat him, and she gave the one with super-speed trouble. all three of these men were great fighters, and were world war 2 veterans, and she took them all on at once. she has even suprised sabertooth and knocked him on his ass. also, when she was like 12, she killed a man because he tried to rape her. she was 12, and killed a man triple her strength and size. and has anyone read her mini-series, or the arena? storm did a lot of h2h fighting in that. she has killed both marrow and callisto in h2h combat. everyone really underestimates her fighting ability.

I have read Arena. In fact, I have it. And yes, she shows exceptional fighting skills, I'm not taking that away from her.

And what is this Storm has more training and experience than Cyclops? I'm not even going to answer that, that's just dumb.

And when did Cyke's optic blasts become slower than a bullet? I don't recall that in slightest.

So Storm's lightning hits instantaneously? Well, with Scott's finger on the visor already, his blast will hit instantaneously as well. No one's showing ignorance.

So what you're saying is they kill each other? Because that is a very legitimate answer, and makes a lot of sense.

Droopy
Storm, can scott dodge a lightining bolt or how is he gonna hit her when she can use wind to counter his blast or make it slower

Creshosk
Originally posted by Droopy
Storm, can scott dodge a lightining bolt or how is he gonna hit her when she can use wind to counter his blast or make it slower How the hell does she use the wind to effect the blasts? What the f**k?

Her winds are powerful, no doubt, but blackhole strength they ain't.

stormfront13
I have read Arena. In fact, I have it. And yes, she shows exceptional fighting skills, I'm not taking that away from her.

And what is this Storm has more training and experience than Cyclops? I'm not even going to answer that, that's just dumb.

And when did Cyke's optic blasts become slower than a bullet? I don't recall that in slightest.

So Storm's lightning hits instantaneously? Well, with Scott's finger on the visor already, his blast will hit instantaneously as well. No one's showing ignorance.

So what you're saying is they kill each other? Because that is a very legitimate answer, and makes a lot of sense.

storm has been fighting and training since she was 6, cyke has not been fighting h2h that long. IMO they are slower than a bullet, or close to the same speed because cyke has shot on target at storm times before, and she has dodged. same with a bullet. yeah, it comes down from the sky instantley, and it takes less than a second to hit it's target. scotts finger is already on the visor? so now we have to give scott advantages to win this fight? hardly seems fair. while we're giving characters advantages, why don't give storm a pressure dome as well. i am saying that they either kill eachother, or storm wins. storm will be expecting a blast, and cyke will be expecting a lightning bolt, but the difference is cyke is to slow to dodge a lightning bolt, where as storm has already dodged cykes blasts in the past. unless cyke takes off his visor, which will take more time, storm has a chance to dodge his initial blast.

Metalmanx
storm has been fighting and training since she was 6, cyke has not been fighting h2h that long. IMO they are slower than a bullet, or close to the same speed because cyke has shot on target at storm times before, and she has dodged. same with a bullet. yeah, it comes down from the sky instantley, and it takes less than a second to hit it's target. scotts finger is already on the visor? so now we have to give scott advantages to win this fight? hardly seems fair. while we're giving characters advantages, why don't give storm a pressure dome as well. i am saying that they either kill eachother, or storm wins. storm will be expecting a blast, and cyke will be expecting a lightning bolt, but the difference is cyke is to slow to dodge a lightning bolt, where as storm has already dodged cykes blasts in the past. unless cyke takes off his visor, which will take more time, storm has a chance to dodge his initial blast.

I'm giving him no advantage. When there's a battle afoot, he's always got his hand on his visor. He knows that split seconds can mean the difference between life and death. I don't recall seeing him prepared for a battle without his hand on his visor.

Cyclops has been training in hand to hand since he was in his early teens. Maybe it's not 6 years old, but his training is far more extensive.

I can live with "they kill each other'. Though, in my opinion, if they don't kill each other Scott wins more oten.

stormfront13
I'm giving him no advantage. When there's a battle afoot, he's always got his hand on his visor. He knows that split seconds can mean the difference between life and death. I don't recall seeing him prepared for a battle without his hand on his visor.

Cyclops has been training in hand to hand since he was in his early teens. Maybe it's not 6 years old, but his training is far more extensive.

I can live with "they kill each other'. Though, in my opinion, if they don't kill each other Scott wins more oten.

no he doesn't. he fights all the time with no hand on visor. I have seen plenty of times where before a battle started, he had his hands at his sides. letting him have his hands on his visor is an advantage because he doesn't fight that way all the time. if you do that, then you should let storm start with a pressure field, or flying in the sky to make it fair. it isn't more extensive. storm expierenced fighting first hand. when cyke was training, she was already out kicking ass. there are more feats storm has done h2h, then there are for cyke. a lot more. storm would kill cyke, easy. his body can't handle being struck by a lightning bolt. he would either die, or be unconsious. those are his options since he isn't fast enough to dodge a natural bolt. storm on the other hand can dodge as she has done in the past, or cyke can take off his visor whihc will take more time leaving him more open to attack.

peejayd
* Storm got high mental powers due to her weather ability, summoning lightning of course, is definitely slower than Cyke turning, looking at her, and blasting the hell out of her, as simp as that...

* hand to hand? Cyke took out 6 thugs with his eyes closed, literally. Storm could never again repeat her "visor-grabbing" technique ever again. in an odd circumstance, Storm could just seduce Cyke with her incredible physique, to distract and defeat him... hehehe...

stormfront13
Originally posted by peejayd
* Storm got high mental powers due to her weather ability, summoning lightning of course, is definitely slower than Cyke turning, looking at her, and blasting the hell out of her, as simp as that...

* hand to hand? Cyke took out 6 thugs with his eyes closed, literally. Storm could never again repeat her "visor-grabbing" technique ever again. in an odd circumstance, Storm could just seduce Cyke with her incredible physique, to distract and defeat him... hehehe...

was all that serious? geniun question, was it serious? unless cyke is faster than the speed of thought, he isn't gonna blast her like you claim. storm could have probably done the same thing with her fighting skills to THUGS. thugs are just common criminals, they have no training in h2h fighting.

Metalmanx
was all that serious? geniun question, was it serious? unless cyke is faster than the speed of thought, he isn't gonna blast her like you claim. storm could have probably done the same thing with her fighting skills to THUGS. thugs are just common criminals, they have no training in h2h fighting.

Thugs who had guns, nonetheless. But a blind Cyclops still took them all down.

I highly doubt Storm could pull that off.

I don't think Storm is faster than the speed of thought either. I don't think I've ever seen instantaneous lightning from her before. She always summons it somehow, but it was never just instantly.

Anyway. I've been thinking of something else.

Cyclops. He is a far greater tactician than Storm. If you say otherwise, I've lost all respect for you and won't take you seriously.

Anyhoo. Knowing Cyclops, he knows Storm will take him out as fast as possible. Which means lightning. Now. What's stopping him from dodging AS SOON as the light turns green to fight?

I'm talking like....GO!--:big grinODGE::. If that makes any sense. I, too, have seen Cyclops dodge things like bullet fire (I know lightning is faster, I'm just using bullets as an example) and other things much faster as well.

So what's stopping him from dodging and firing at the same time? A dodge to the left, or a dodge to right, whiling firing his optic blast straight through Storm's heart? Cyclops isn't going to miss her if she isn't already going 300 mph. And remember. They're 90 feet away. Home plate to first base. Cyke will DEFINITELY hit her first more often than not.

So. Cyclops 7.5/10

Creshosk
Cyclops doesn't actually need to reach up to his visor to activate it. . . it's been attuned to his own psionic feild so he can control it that way.

Metalmanx
Cyclops doesn't actually need to reach up to his visor to activate it. . . it's been attuned to his own psionic feild so he can control it that way.

I feel dumb. I totally forgot about that. Very true...very true. Which just makes me feel even more positive that Cyke will hit her first.

Even if he didn't have that, he's also got the buttons on his gloves. Right on the thumb. I think that makes his attack so much faster than reaching up to the visor.

JediMasterLuke5
Tornado > Optic Blast
Earthquake > Optic Blast
Lighting > Optic Blast

Storm for sure.

Swanky-Tuna
So why is it these storm threads never get continued in the original thread where all the evidence against her is?

Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Tornado > Optic Blast
Earthquake > Optic Blast
Lighting > Optic Blast

Storm for sure.
I'm pretty sure a good optic blast would out damage a tornado and a bolt of lightning. Sans like... an adamantium box bolted to an adamantium floor with a radio in it. Lightning would definitely mess up that radio.

JediMasterLuke5
A tornado with 350 mph+ winds, I dont think so. That Tornado would pick up scott and kill him.

Swanky-Tuna
Inspite of your jedi powers, you completely missed the point.

Creshosk
So why is it these storm threads never get continued in the original thread where all the evidence against her is? You answered your own question. stick out tongue

Metalmanx
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Tornado > Optic Blast
Earthquake > Optic Blast
Lighting > Optic Blast

Storm for sure.

Too bad she'll have absolutely no time to do this while she's getting made into swiss cheese by Cyclops.

He will blast her instantly. No need to prolong the fight any longer than it has to be.

peejayd
* and the Jedi is surely a Cyclops-hater...

* tornado, earthquake and lightning... as i was saying, BEFORE Storm can summon this catastrophe, Cyke had already blasted her... you got any sense of rationalization?

* think... think... think...

* first, Storm will summon them, saying, "rise! winds!" all the while, ZZZARK!!! getz it?

Creshosk
* and the Jedi is surely a Cyclops-hater...

* tornado, earthquake and lightning... as i was saying, BEFORE Storm can summon this catastrophe, Cyke had already blasted her... you got any sense of rationalization?

* think... think... think...

* first, Storm will summon them, saying, "rise! winds!" all the while, ZZZARK!!! getz it? Actually as soon as she thinks it they start. sort of like as soon as cyclops thinks to raise the visor, it does.

This still seems to be a draw where they hit each other at the start of the fight. . .

GalacticStorm
Storm relies on psionics and extra powers to aid her, cyclops is alot more physically involved. THAT makes him physically fitter than strom.

You aren't grasping that, cyclops is an athlete, look it up, and look up the word.

It isn't speculation, this is a theoretical match, I'm using whats presented by the character to make a logical decision.

So if gambit was vs galactus, would you say that galactus winning is mere speculation? That held little merit?

That is a naive analogy and completely ineffective. CM that was awful lol. The difference being that Storm may have all these powers but she still engages in intensive regular exercise, its something all X-men are taught to do whatever powers they have. You have no evidence to state that Cyclops is physically fitter and until you do any comments stating that to be the case are speculation and have no value here.

GalacticStorm

Sorry Cresh but thats not quite right:

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2959/page0082qc.jpg

GalacticStorm
While the width of Cyclops blast is decided via this psionic field, to actually emit a blast he must press either one of the two aforementioned buttons. I may have misinterpreted you Cresh im not quite sure lol.

GalacticStorm
Wow.

That was brilliant, GS. I commend you, seriously. I have never before, in all my life, seen someone take that split second gesture of Cyke's and stretch it out to make it sound like several minutes. Kudos.

But seriously now. There won't be any unnecessary strategy-thinking on Cyke's part. Cyclops just needs to look at her. And he'll easily be able to do so. She's standing 90 feet from him. His hand will already be on his visor/hand switch, where it always is when he's preparing for a battle/in battle.

I know lightning is fast, just not as fast as the length of time it would take for him to shoot her down. I know how Storm works, too. She would have to think about the attack and then mentally call down the lightning. The moment the lightning is forming and JUST about to strike, Cyke has already shot a beach ball-sized hole through her. You make it sound as if his aiming will take him forever to do. Wherever he looks, he hits.

Cyclops wins 8/10.

At the end of the day Metalmanx they are all the processes both Cyclops and Storm will have to go through. Unless Cyclops can move at the speed of thought then any physical process is going to be considerably slower than a psionic one.

As you can see from the bio Cyclops has to decide to shoot, he then has to decide on the intensity of the blast, he then must send a signal to his hands to press one of the visor triggers, then he must physically aim.

Storm must decide to shoot, decide on the intensity, then aim psionically. All procesess before the actual projectile itself are psionic in comparison to Cyclops very physical steps. That cannot be denied. Storm will simply be able to get a blast out faster in a quick fire draw.

Metalmanx dont be ridiculous, coming from a person who apparrently "knows how Storm works too" why is she gonna have to call down a bolt of lightning when she can project it herself from her body with a thought. Such a discharge is virtually instantaneous and triggered and directed with a thought. Quicker than Cyclops' very physical visor operation and aiming (lining up Storm in his line of sight)

Tha C-Master
Cyclops doesn't actually need to reach up to his visor to activate it. . . it's been attuned to his own psionic feild so he can control it that way. Good point there...

Tha C-Master
That is a naive analogy and completely ineffective. CM that was awful lol. The difference being that Storm may have all these powers but she still engages in intensive regular exercise, its something all X-men are taught to do whatever powers they have. You have no evidence to state that Cyclops is physically fitter and until you do any comments stating that to be the case are speculation and have no value here. I gave it to you and you ignored it, logic classes anyone?

Answer my questions and quit accusing me of stuff and calling me biased, because I'm only biased towards you guys really.

GalacticStorm
Good point there...

If you'd read my post and read the scan you'd see that isnt quite right. His psionic field allows him to adjust the intensity of his blasts. Cyclops needs the visor so that he can emit the blasts in a controlled manner. He controls the emission via the two buttons ive already talked about

GalacticStorm
I gave it to you and you ignored it, logic classes anyone?

Answer my questions and quit accusing me of stuff and calling me biased, because I'm only biased towards you guys really.

Ask me a question now and i'll answer. If i didnt at the time its because subsequent posts in my eyes dealt with your queries. Go ahead.

JediMasterLuke5
Too bad she'll have absolutely no time to do this while she's getting made into swiss cheese by Cyclops.

He will blast her instantly. No need to prolong the fight any longer than it has to be.
Lighting Strike is faster then Cyclops Optic Blast for sure.

stormfront13
hmmmm, cyke dodges right away, what stops storm from doing the same. she summons lightning with a thought, and the lightning comes down instantley. it has always been that way when she's been pressurized. cyke has to hit storm to win, storm doesn't have to hit cyke to win. who has the better chances there?

Metalmanx
hmmmm, cyke dodges right away, what stops storm from doing the same. she summons lightning with a thought, and the lightning comes down instantley. it has always been that way when she's been pressurized. cyke has to hit storm to win, storm doesn't have to hit cyke to win. who has the better chances there?

What's to stop Cyclops from already having his visor opened, just having his eyes closed? So when the light turns green (not literally), he just opens his eyes. Somehow, opening one's eyes doesn't seem like it would take forever.

Just a theory.

What do you mean Storm doesn't have to hit Cyclops to win?

And Cyke is not missing at this distance. They're freakin 90 feet from each other. He's not going to miss.

powerfulone1987
I like your sig. The picture on the right of your sig. Have you got the full, original image by any chance? big grin

Thanks.

The one on the right is my favorite part too.

Unfortunately I don't.

Plus this is a new laptop so if I did have it, it wouldn't be on here. Sorry.

Creshosk
What's to stop Cyclops from already having his visor opened, just having his eyes closed? So when the light turns green (not literally), he just opens his eyes. Somehow, opening one's eyes doesn't seem like it would take forever. Well that would denate prep. . but psionically controlling his visor to open would be the same as opening his eyes . . soo . . .

stormfront13
What's to stop Cyclops from already having his visor opened, just having his eyes closed? So when the light turns green (not literally), he just opens his eyes. Somehow, opening one's eyes doesn't seem like it would take forever.

Just a theory.

What do you mean Storm doesn't have to hit Cyclops to win?

And Cyke is not missing at this distance. They're freakin 90 feet from each other. He's not going to miss.

now we have to give cyke prep time to win? hardly seems fair. storm doesn't have to git gim because, even though lightning doesn't hit someone sopt on, it still does major damage. she jkust needs to hit close to him to take him out, cyke actually has to hit her.

black robb
now we have to give cyke prep time to win? hardly seems fair. storm doesn't have to git gim because, even though lightning doesn't hit someone sopt on, it still does major damage. she jkust needs to hit close to him to take him out, cyke actually has to hit her. OWNED!!!

stormfront13
what?

black robb
what? its what i say at random intervals when someone makes a rebuttal

stormfront13
oh

black robb
Gambit wins

Metalmanx
now we have to give cyke prep time to win? hardly seems fair. storm doesn't have to git gim because, even though lightning doesn't hit someone sopt on, it still does major damage. she jkust needs to hit close to him to take him out, cyke actually has to hit her.

As I said, IN MY POST, just a theory. I'm not really thinking about applying it. But Cresh adjusted my my theory slightly so it will work for this match.

stormfront13
yes, i am aware of that fact, but wether it happens or not, it was still said which means that you would give cyke a form of "prep Time" to win, which is unfair

Mainstream
didn't a powerless Storm once beat a powered Cyclops back in the day?

stormfront13
yes, but to these people it doesn't count, necause she only took his visor off confused

StyleTime
yes, but to these people it doesn't count, necause she only took his visor off confused

Everyone agrees she "won" but it honestly won't affect the outcome of this fight.

It's still a draw either way. They're both going to fire and they will both hit each other. Simple as that.

Then again...they may realize the futility of battling each other and simply talk over their differences. They are rational people.

stormfront13
yes, we agree it's a draw, but imo it's either a draw, oe storm wins, but kore than likely a draw.

peejayd
* Cyke is much quicker to execute his power than Storm, Cyke wins, if not, it's a draw...

stormfront13
no, they're both based on thought, but storms attack moves faster

peejayd
* oh...

* IF that's correct, still, it's a draw...

* and it's a big IF...

black robb
I agree with peejayd because i think Cyke is faster

stormfront13
* oh...

* IF that's correct, still, it's a draw...

* and it's a big IF...

no, it's basically a fact that lightning would move faster than his optic blast. his optic blast has been shown to e arond the same speed as a bullet, and lightning moves sooooooooo much faster than that. it's an if, that cyke will iht her. cyke has to hit her to win, storm needs to hit somewhere near cyke to win.

Metalmanx
no, it's basically a fact that lightning would move faster than his optic blast. his optic blast has been shown to e arond the same speed as a bullet, and lightning moves sooooooooo much faster than that. it's an if, that cyke will iht her. cyke has to hit her to win, storm needs to hit somewhere near cyke to win.

I'm still not quite understanding "she only needs to hit somewhere near Cyke to win" thing.

I know that lightning sometimes leaves small craters where it hits, but that doesn't mean it will be affecting Cyclops. Just the ground beneath him. As he has already jumped to dodge the lightning bolt, the ground wouldn't be affecting him.

But hey, maybe I'm missing something that you'd care to enlighten me with?

StyleTime
* Cyke is much quicker to execute his power than Storm, Cyke wins, if not, it's a draw...
* no, it's basically a fact that lightning would move faster than his optic blast. his optic blast has been shown to e arond the same speed as a bullet, and lightning moves sooooooooo much faster than that. it's an if, that cyke will iht her. cyke has to hit her to win, storm needs to hit somewhere near cyke to win.

I have to go with stormfront on this. The lightning will be faster.

stormfront13
I'm still not quite understanding "she only needs to hit somewhere near Cyke to win" thing.

I know that lightning sometimes leaves small craters where it hits, but that doesn't mean it will be affecting Cyclops. Just the ground beneath him. As he has already jumped to dodge the lightning bolt, the ground wouldn't be affecting him.

But hey, maybe I'm missing something that you'd care to enlighten me with?

jumped to dodge the ligthning? do you know how fast cyke would have to be to dodge natural ligthning? lol, he's no where near fast enough lol. the lightning still charges the air with static electricity or something like tjhat. i can't wuite remember, and it's hard to explain. but the lightning like heats and charges the air. it is a fact that a person doesn't even have to be hit from the ligthning to be severly injured. actually, it's also a fact that many people have been hospitalized because ligthning struck NEAR them.

peejayd
Originally posted by StyleTime
I have to go with stormfront on this. The lightning will be faster.

* the matter of execution, bro. Cyke's blasts are constantly switched-on, that's why he can't control it... all he needs is to open his visor... he's much quicker now, now that it is thought-controlled...

* Storm needs to summon a certain elemental force first before it appears... as Storm is summoning a thunderbolt, for example, Cyke had already blasted her... that's my point, bro...

StyleTime
* the matter of execution, bro. Cyke's blasts are constantly switched-on, that's why he can't control it... all he needs is to open his visor... he's much quicker now, now that it is thought-controlled...

* Storm needs to summon a certain elemental force first before it appears... as Storm is summoning a thunderbolt, for example, Cyke had already blasted her... that's my point, bro...

I had no idea that the visor was thought controlled now. In that case I'd say the odds lean a little more to Cyke's favor. However I still think Storm would have enough time to get a lightning bolt before she is struck, so it's still a tie I'd say. Does Storm have to gather energy or something? I thought it was instant. If it's not then Cyclops's prospects are starting to look pretty good.

peejayd
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/cyclops.htm

Cyclops possesses the mutant ability to project a beam of concussive, ruby-colored force from his eyes. Cyclops's eyes are no longer the complex organic jelly that utilizes the visible spectrum of light to see the world around it. Instead, they are inter-dimensional apertures between this universe and another, non-Einsteinium universe, where physical laws as we know them do not pertain. This non-Einsteinium universe is filled with particles that resemble photons, yet they interact with this universe's particles by transferring kinetic energy in the form of gravitons (the particle of gravitation). These particles generate great, directional concussive force when they interact with the objects of this universe.

Cyclops's mind has a particular psionic field that is attuned to the forces that maintain the apertures that have taken the place of his eyes. Because his mind's psionic field envelops his body, it automatically shunts the other-dimensional particles back into their point of origin when they collide with his body. Thus, his body is protected from the effects of the particles, and even the thin membrane of his eyelids is sufficient to block the emission of energy. The synthetic ruby quartz crystal used to fashion the lenses of Cyclops's eyeglasses and visor is resonant to his minds' psionic field and is similarly protected.

The width of Cyclops's eye-blast seems to be focused by his mind's psionic field with the same autonomic function that regulated his oriinal eyes' ability to focus. As Cyclops focuses, the size of the aperture changes and thus act as a valve to control the flow of particles and beam's relative power. The height of Cyclops's eye-blast is controlled by his visor's adjustable slit. His narrowest beam, about the diameter of a pencil at a distance of 4 feet has a force of about 2 pounds per square inch. His broadest beam, about 90 feet across at a distance of 50 feet, has a force of about 10 pounds per square inch. His most powerful eye-blast is a beam 4 feet across which, at a distance of 50 feet, has a force of 500 pounds per square inch. The maximum angular measurement of Cyclops's eye-blast is equivalent to a wide-angle 35mm camera lens field of view (90 degree measured diagonally, or the angle subtended by holding this magazine's pages spread open, upright at 9.5 inches from your eyes). The minimum angular measurement is equivalent to the angle that the thickness of a pencil would subtend at 4 feet (3.5 degree, about a quarter of an inch viewed at 4 feet). The beam's effective range is about 2,000 feet, at which point a 1-inch beam has spread out to 10 feet square, and then has a pressure of .38 pounds per square inch. Cyclops's maximum force is sufficient to tip over a filled 5,000 gallon tank at a distance of 20 feet, or puncture a 1-inch carbon-steel plate at a distance of 2 feet.

The extra dimensional supply of energy for Cyclops's eye-blast is practically infinite. Thus, so long as Cyclops's psionic field is active (which is constantly), there is the potential to emit energy. The only limit to the eye-blast is the mental fatigue of focusing constantly. After about 15 minute of constant usage, the psionic field subsides and allows only a slight leakage of energy to pass through the aperture. Cyclops's metabolism will recover sufficiently for him to continue in about an additional 15 minutes.

Special limitations: Due to a brain injury, Cyclops is unable to shut off his optic blasts at will and must therefore wear a visor or glasses with ruby quartz lenses that block the beams.

Equipment: The mask Cyclops wears to prevent random discharge is lined with powdered ruby quartz crystal. It incorporates two longitudinally mounted flat lenses which can lever inward providing a constantly variable exit slot of 0 inches to .79 inches in height and a constant width of 5.7 inches. The inverted clamshell mechanism is operated by a twin system of miniature electrical motors. As a safety factor their is a constant positive closing pressure provided by springs. The mask itself is made of high-impact cycolac plastic. There is an overriding finger-operated control mechanism on either side of the mask, and normal operation is through a flat micro-switch installed in the thumb of either glove.

* recently, it was thought-controlled... i just forgot the website where i read it...

peejayd
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/storm.htm

Storm has the psionic ability to control the weather over limited areas. She can fly by creating winds strong enough to support her weight. Storm has limited immunity to extreme heat and cold.

Special limitations: Storm's psionic powers over the weather are affected by her emotions; hence, if she does not maintain control of her emotions, a fit of rage might induce a destructive storm. Also, Storm suffers from severe claustrophobia.

* Storm's powers are psionic... she has to summon first...

peejayd
* ah, here it is...

http://www.geocities.com/jeangrey1021/cyclops/cyclops.html

Cyclops has the power to absorb vast solar energies and release it as powerful optical energy blasts. When he wants to generate an optic energy blast, he opens the visor. In the early days of the X-Men, the visor was controlled by switches on either side. Later it became thought-controlled, enabling him to fire his optic energy beams without needing his hands to open the visor. Cyclops has also exhibited the ability to fire pinpoint beams for more surgical operations like breaking a lock or hitting a very small target. In one instance, he even used his optic beams to break a teammate's fall by firing rhythmic blasts beneath him. While this resulted in a painful descent for the teammate, he prevented him from getting seriously injured or possibly killed. When Cyclops needs to inflict a maximum-strength strike, he is able to release awesome amounts of energy with his optic blasts. These blasts are quite deadly to non-powered individuals and could easily kill a normal human. He is well aware of this fact and exhibits extreme caution with his ruby quartz glasses or visor on all occasions. Against super-powered human or mutant opponents, Cyclops' optic energy blasts are very formidable. For some strange reason, Mr. Sinister is unusually susceptible to Cyclops' powers. At full power these beams can punch through mountains. He has an uncanny ability to compute trigonometric relations, which allows him to bounce his optic blasts with incredible accuracy. He has invulnerability to his own power and that of Havok. Due to a brain injury, Cyclops is unable to shut off his optic blasts at will and must therefore wear a visor or glasses with ruby quartz lenses that block the beams.

powerfulone1987
No, if ands or buts about it.

No draw.

Metalmanx
No, if ands or buts about it.

No draw.

Well, I guess you've got us there.

However. I, on the other hand, believe Cyclops wins. All hands down.

No if, ands, or buts about it.

powerfulone1987
Lol.

It must be like heaven to be so oblivious to the facts right in front of your face.

At the same time sad. Sorry. Too bad..............

Metalmanx
Lol.

It must be like heaven to be so oblivious to the facts right in front of your face.

At the same time sad. Sorry. Too bad..............

...Aren't you the one that said you don't even read the comics? You've only seen the tv show.

You honestly really have no right to tell readers of the comics what is right and what is wrong.

Just saying.

powerfulone1987
I have the right to state what I want no matter what. And just because I have seen the show and you have read the comics, doesn't make you or your opinions any more better than mine or have precedent over mine.
Who is anyone to say which one is more accurate.

xmarksthespot
This is the Comic Book vs Forum...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Man. Don't you just hate being right ALL the time, xmarks?

Cuz I know I do.

xmarksthespot
I quite enjoy being right all of the time....

pr1983
I have the right to state what I want no matter what. And just because I have seen the show and you have read the comics, doesn't make you or your opinions any more better than mine or have precedent over mine.

Stan Lee... erm

peejayd

* or you can post us links of websites for your proofs... well, if you have none, hmmm... you just talk the talk...

GalacticStorm
* ah, here it is...

http://www.geocities.com/jeangrey1021/cyclops/cyclops.html

Cyclops has the power to absorb vast solar energies and release it as powerful optical energy blasts. When he wants to generate an optic energy blast, he opens the visor. In the early days of the X-Men, the visor was controlled by switches on either side. Later it became thought-controlled, enabling him to fire his optic energy beams without needing his hands to open the visor. Cyclops has also exhibited the ability to fire pinpoint beams for more surgical operations like breaking a lock or hitting a very small target. In one instance, he even used his optic beams to break a teammate's fall by firing rhythmic blasts beneath him. While this resulted in a painful descent for the teammate, he prevented him from getting seriously injured or possibly killed. When Cyclops needs to inflict a maximum-strength strike, he is able to release awesome amounts of energy with his optic blasts. These blasts are quite deadly to non-powered individuals and could easily kill a normal human. He is well aware of this fact and exhibits extreme caution with his ruby quartz glasses or visor on all occasions. Against super-powered human or mutant opponents, Cyclops' optic energy blasts are very formidable. For some strange reason, Mr. Sinister is unusually susceptible to Cyclops' powers. At full power these beams can punch through mountains. He has an uncanny ability to compute trigonometric relations, which allows him to bounce his optic blasts with incredible accuracy. He has invulnerability to his own power and that of Havok. Due to a brain injury, Cyclops is unable to shut off his optic blasts at will and must therefore wear a visor or glasses with ruby quartz lenses that block the beams.

I dont recall ever seeing Cyclops firing a blasts in his comics without using the buttons to operate his visor. The latest handbook bio which i posted disagrees with what you claim as does the marvel directory entry which you puzzlingly posted as support for your your claims. When you have posted scans which clearly show or state that Cyclops can operate his visor via thought and not through the buttons then i will reconsider my stance. No problem.

As it stands the psionic field allows Cyclops to decide the intensity of each blast, he then has to aim (line up Storm with his line of sight) and then he must physically operate his visor through either one of the aforementioned buttons so that the blast can be emitted.

Storm psionically decides the intensity, then with a thought projects an electrical discharge to Cyclops location. Storms electrical phenomena can all be generated by her body. There is no necessary "summoning" as some of you wrongly claim.

black robb
Gambit wins

Metalmanx
...Why wouldn't Cyclops already be looking at her...?

powerfulone1987

and..............

don't get ahead of yourselves, because you are not right.

I on the other hand must deal with this problem daily.

powerfulone1987
* or you can post us links of websites for your proofs... well, if you have none, hmmm... you just talk the talk...

You need to rewrite this statement or something because it has some problems with the writing part.

pr1983
I dont recall ever seeing Cyclops firing a blasts in his comics without using the buttons to operate his visor. The latest handbook bio which i posted disagrees with what you claim as does the marvel directory entry which you puzzlingly posted as support for your your claims. When you have posted scans which clearly show or state that Cyclops can operate his visor via thought and not through the buttons then i will reconsider my stance. No problem.

As it stands the psionic field allows Cyclops to decide the intensity of each blast, he then has to aim (line up Storm with his line of sight) and then he must physically operate his visor through either one of the aforementioned buttons so that the blast can be emitted.

Storm psionically decides the intensity, then with a thought projects an electrical discharge to Cyclops location. Storms electrical phenomena can all be generated by her body. There is no necessary "summoning" as some of you wrongly claim.

In an old x-men vs avengers comic, all he had to do was stand a certain way to blast...

damn i need to find that issue...

and po, this is for comic books... animated shows and movies cant be considered...

Creshosk
and..............

don't get ahead of yourselves, because you are not right.

I on the other hand must deal with this problem daily.

READ:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t308157.html

powerfulone1987
READ:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t308157.html

o......k.a.............y...........

life is cruell
Originally posted by pr1983
In an old x-men vs avengers comic, all he had to do was stand a certain way to blast...

damn i need to find that issue...

and po, this is for comic books... animated shows and movies cant be considered...

Are you reffering to like the 8th ever issue of x-men or something?

wannabe
I originally proclaimed that this fight might go either way and is a "who strikes first situation"...I have to revise that...Scott will win!
Why, you ask???
I was reading some of my old X-Men issues and came across the fact, that Cyclops is able to use electricity as power supply as well as sunlight, though it usually causes him discomfort.
So a lightning is not exactly the best way to disable Scott, and since it's Storms fastest attack...

peejayd
* Cyke wins, as simpas that, dudes...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by wannabe
I originally proclaimed that this fight might go either way and is a "who strikes first situation"...I have to revise that...Scott will win!
Why, you ask???
I was reading some of my old X-Men issues and came across the fact, that Cyclops is able to use electricity as power supply as well as sunlight, though it usually causes him discomfort.
So a lightning is not exactly the best way to disable Scott, and since it's Storms fastest attack...

That is a very different situation Wannabee. Absorbing th eenergy voluntarily at a rate you can handle is completely different to being on the receiving end of a barrge of the stuff.

I think you might be referring to the time on Arkons planet when Storm fed th electricity into Cyclops. Storm fed it into him carefully at a rate he could handle and even then he was great pain because his power is supposed to run off of solar power and is built to do so.

A lightning bolt in an attack situation will do just fine.

Need i post a scan of Cyclops leaping out of the path of a bolt of electricity? wink

Storm has less steps to go through and her steps are psionic. Cyclops steps are mostly physical and take more time.

Tha C-Master
...Why wouldn't Cyclops already be looking at her...? Its an unfortunate case of straw pulling, unfortunately I'm at school 12 hrs a day to cure it. sad

GalacticStorm
Its an unfortunate case of straw pulling, unfortunately I'm at school 12 hrs a day to cure it. sad

Cure it? You couldnt even if you tried. Oh yeah you did a few pages back got you nowhere. eek!

peejayd
That is a very different situation Wannabee. Absorbing th eenergy voluntarily at a rate you can handle is completely different to being on the receiving end of a barrge of the stuff.

I think you might be referring to the time on Arkons planet when Storm fed th electricity into Cyclops. Storm fed it into him carefully at a rate he could handle and even then he was great pain because his power is supposed to run off of solar power and is built to do so.

A lightning bolt in an attack situation will do just fine.

Need i post a scan of Cyclops leaping out of the path of a bolt of electricity? wink

Storm has less steps to go through and her steps are psionic. Cyclops steps are mostly physical and take more time.

* this does not make sense? how do Cyke blasting Storm take more time than vice-versa? whereas, Storm needs to summon first... so let's say Storm summons about a second or so, how much time will Cyke spend just twitch his neck, look at Storm and blast her?

GalacticStorm
* this does not make sense? how do Cyke blasting Storm take more time than vice-versa? whereas, Storm needs to summon first... so let's say Storm summons about a second or so, how much time will Cyke spend just twitch his neck, look at Storm and blast her?

Im not repeating myself to someone who hasnt read the thread. Its all laid out for you. wink

xmarksthespot
Cyclops directs an attack at Storm purely by looking at her, and he may or may not have to push a trigger which takes all of what? Centiseconds? A decisecond. By appearances his optic blasts travel at or near light speed. If anything he actually requires less conscious thought considering his power is automatically on. Storm has to direct an attack by identifying where he is, creating a weather phenomenon and directing the path of that phenomenon towards him, at which point the attack must travel towards the target. Tell me again how Storm acts phenomenally faster.

GalacticStorm
Cyclops directs an attack at Storm purely by looking at her, and he may or may not have to push a trigger which takes all of what? Centiseconds? A decisecond. By appearances his optic blasts travel at or near light speed. If anything he actually requires less conscious thought considering his power is automatically on. Storm has to direct an attack by identifying where he is, creating a weather phenomenon and directing the path of that phenomenon towards him, at which point the attack must travel towards the target. Tell me again how Storm acts phenomenally faster.

Incorrect.

Cyclops psionic field is used to help him decide the intensity of the attack. Cyclops must then physically press the trigger for his visor to allow it to emit a beam.

Storm need summon nothing. Her body is capable of creating electrical discharges with a thought. She psionically targets him and then psionically creates a lightning bolt which she thinks in his direction.

Cyclops is let down by his very physical action and you have no evidence whatsoever to state that Cyclops blasts travel at the speed of light. His pressing the trigger may take fractions of a second, however he still has to think to do it and then his body has to actually carry out that thought process. Storms operations up to the blast itself are entirely psionic and therefore inherently faster.

peejayd
Im not repeating myself to someone who hasnt read the thread. Its all laid out for you. wink

Incorrect.

Cyclops psionic field is used to help him decide the intensity of the attack. Cyclops must then physically press the trigger for his visor to allow it to emit a beam.

Storm need summon nothing. Her body is capable of creating electrical discharges with a thought. She psionically targets him and then psionically creates a lightning bolt which she thinks in his direction.

Cyclops is let down by his very physical action and you have no evidence whatsoever to state that Cyclops blasts travel at the speed of light. His pressing the trigger may take fractions of a second, however he still has to think to do it and then his body has to actually carry out that thought process. Storms operations up to the blast itself are entirely psionic and therefore inherently faster.

* don't know what this dude's trying to pull... 'coz his logic is plain stupid...

* Storm's powers are PSIONIC, dude. psionic like Jean's and Xavier's... needs to think first, needs to summon first... whereas Cyke's got to do is open the visor, and if you're READING the posts, it's already thought-controlled...

* so how fast does Cyke's blasts travel? how FOOLISHLY slow do you want it to be? never heard of a BLAST that travels slow like you want to imply, dude...

GalacticStorm
* don't know what this dude's trying to pull... 'coz his logic is plain stupid...

Lets get this straight dont try and insult me for having a different opinion to yourself. Thats just plain juvenile and not how we debate around here sonny. Ok?

* Storm's powers are PSIONIC, dude. psionic like Jean's and Xavier's... needs to think first, needs to summon first... whereas Cyke's got to do is open the visor, and if you're READING the posts, it's already thought-controlled...

A thought process is considerably faster than a physical one whatever way you look at it. Unless you want to tell me Cyclops suddenly can move at the speed of thought a small action like pressing his trigger is still going to be a lot slower than storms psionic processes. If you know anything about Cyclops you'd know that he must use his psionic field to decide the intensity of his blast before anything. He then has to think to press the trigger his body reacts to that thought process, the beam is then emitted.

Storm targets, psionically decides the intensity and psionically fires.

* so how fast does Cyke's blasts travel? how FOOLISHLY slow do you want it to be? never heard of a BLAST that travels slow like you want to imply, dude...

How fast cyclops beams travel is unknown but its ridiculous of you to assume they travel at the speed of light when theyre force blasts and they havent been presented on panel as being that fast.

Know your stuff son before you starting spouting off your ignorant waffle. Away with you ---------->

Pointinel
^damn GS you getting cold fam?

what's good?

xmarksthespot
Incorrect.

Cyclops is let down by his very physical action and you have no evidence whatsoever to state that Cyclops blasts travel at the speed of light. His pressing the trigger may take fractions of a second, however he still has to think to do it and then his body has to actually carry out that thought process. Storms operations up to the blast itself are entirely psionic and therefore inherently faster. By virtue of seeing single beams ricochet several times in single panels and seeing optic blasts act in a manner akin to light I take an assumption - so how fast do they travel?

Cyclops requires a single physical action which I took note of in my post. He aims by action of looking at Storm. His power is automatic. Storm's generation of phenomena requires conscious thought. Also if she's generating lightning herself she normally directs it with a physical gesture.

More time for power generation: Storm - she must create a phenomenon, Cyclops power is automated.
More time for targeting: Storm - she must locate, aim and direct her attack as three different processes. Cyclops locates and aims by sight he doesn't direct as his beam has a straight trajectory.
Slower speed of attack type: Storm - though I'm sure this will be disputed.
Amount of conscious thought processes required: A simple physical action doesn't even require cross talk between different cerebral hemispheres. Whereas Storm must see, target, generate, target, direct, through thought processes. Complex thought processes likely involving large areas of the frontal lobe. I'll leave it to the general populace to decide which is faster.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Pointinel
^damn GS you getting cold fam?

what's good?

Yeah im cool P, just working hard as usual.wink

What you been up to? Havent heard from you in a little while.

Pointinel
@ GS

Ain't shit changed,
still trying to get this money and
**** bitches.
You know how I do.

peejayd
Lets get this straight dont try and insult me for having a different opinion to yourself. Thats just plain juvenile and not how we debate around here sonny. Ok?

A thought process is considerably faster than a physical one whatever way you look at it. Unless you want to tell me Cyclops suddenly can move at the speed of thought a small action like pressing his trigger is still going to be a lot slower than storms psionic processes. If you know anything about Cyclops you'd know that he must use his psionic field to decide the intensity of his blast before anything. He then has to think to press the trigger his body reacts to that thought process, the beam is then emitted.

Storm targets, psionically decides the intensity and psionically fires.

How fast cyclops beams travel is unknown but its ridiculous of you to assume they travel at the speed of light when theyre force blasts and they havent been presented on panel as being that fast.

Know your stuff son before you starting spouting off your ignorant waffle. Away with you ---------->

* really, "son"... i don't remember Storm able to generate a single lightning without the sky darkening... oh? is that phenomenon ultra-fast for you?

* accept what logic dictates, "son"... away with you, too --------->

GalacticStorm
By virtue of seeing single beams ricochet several times in single panels and seeing optic blasts act in a manner akin to light I take an assumption - so how fast do they travel?

Who knows how fast they travel. You can pose that same question to virtually all power blasts. What you cant do however is just assume theyre travelling at the speed of light when theyre force blasts and they havent been stated or presented as travelling at that speed. If Cyclops beams were that fast it would have been mentioned by now. It hasnt been. End of.

Cyclops requires a single physical action which I took note of in my post. He aims by action of looking at Storm. His power is automatic. Storm's generation of phenomena requires conscious thought. Also if she's generating lightning herself she normally directs it with a physical gesture. More time for power generation: Storm - she must create a phenomenon, Cyclops power is automated.
More time for targeting: Storm - she must locate, aim and direct her attack as three different processes. Cyclops locates and aims by sight he doesn't direct as his beam has a straight trajectory.

I like the way you're omitting one of Cyclops processes yet you're trying to include an extra unnecessary process for Storm.

Cyclops must psionically determine the intensity of his blasts. How do you think he manages different intensities? Either way thats bot debatable ive already posted a scan from the recent bio so that isnt up for discussion.

He must decide the intensity he must then psionically trigger his hand to press the trigger, his body reacts, the beam is emitted when the visor opens.

Storm psionically targets, decides the intensity, her body generates a charge (virtually instaneous process) storm thinks it in his direction.

Its as simple as that.

More time for power generation: Storm - she must create a phenomenon, Cyclops power is automated.
Slower speed of attack type: Storm - though I'm sure this will be disputed.

Incorrect as revealed above.

Amount of conscious thought processes required: A simple physical action doesn't even require cross talk between different cerebral hemispheres. Whereas Storm must see, target, generate, target, direct, through thought processes. Complex thought processes likely involving large areas of the frontal lobe. I'll leave it to the general populace to decide which is faster.

You forget to mention the conscious thought cyclops has when deciding the intensity of his blasts via his psionic field. With that included you get a complete picture of the situation as depicted previously. Conscious thought process, on top of physical visor operation need i say more. confused

GalacticStorm
* really, "son"... i don't remember Storm able to generate a single lightning without the sky darkening... oh? is that phenomenon ultra-fast for you?

Well maybe you should switch off Fox Kids and have a browse around your local comic book store.

You've made your ignorance on the two characters featured on this thread quite apparrent. Withold your "contributions" until youre sufficiently clued up. Unfortunately for you there are rules against spam sad

Begone--------->

xmarksthespot
Are you saying there's no default intensity to his blast? And that he must always decide? Have fun trying to sell that.

But thank you for reminding me that Storm actually must determine the intensity of her lightning as well.

Storm must direct the lightning as it traverses it's path. You sight a target and generate a lightning bolt, and expect the energy to just flow that way? It must be consciously directed. She can't just "think it in the direction" and that be the end of it.

And btw, you alone do not decide what is "Incorrect."

peejayd
Well maybe you should switch off Fox Kids and have a browse around your local comic book store.

You've made your ignorance on the two characters featured on this thread quite apparrent. Withold your "contributions" until youre sufficiently clued up. Unfortunately for you there are rules against spam sad

Begone--------->

* am never spamming, dude...

* and, gotcha! oh? Storm doesn't need to create a phenomenon to generate a lightning... oh? and how does lightning appears anyways?

* and in this picture, it's a very SUNNY weather, ain't it?

* why don't you begone, logic-hater -------->

GalacticStorm
Are you saying there's no default intensity to his blast? And that he must always decide? Have fun trying to sell that.

Ive just been reading his bio more intensely. It seems the visor controls the height of the blast while his psionic field controls the width. Either way his psionic field shunts back his force blasts automatically to their dimension of origin. So for a blast to be emitted anyway Cyclops has to consciously focus it via his psionic field and his visor. A conscious thought on Cyclops part is unavoidable im afraid.

But thank you for reminding me that Storm actually must determine the intensity of her lightning as well.

Its cool. Especially now we've established its something they both must do.

Storm must direct the lightning as it traverses it's path. You sight a target and generate a lightning bolt, and expect the energy to just flow that way? It must be consciously directed.

I included that in my list of processes anyway so this is not a new addition. What do you think i meant when i said think it towards Cyclops. Either way its still a faster process. wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>