Was the "First Galactic Empire" truly the first galactic empire in the SW universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I'm asking cause didn't the Sith and/or "others" create an Empire in the universe as well, way before Palpatine did?

So how could Palpatine call it the 1st?

Just wanna know..

Vera21
Yes, of course it is. Palpatine made the Galactic Empire, not the Sith Empire. That's what its called: the Galactic Empire. The Sith may have had an empire that had galactic proportions, but its wasn't called the Galactic Empire.

Ast
And any other Empire would fall under EU, and mean less to the movie than my _______(put whatever you like there). stick out tongue

bobcrickett
Cheese!

JaehSkywalker
ice?

Ushgarak
The Sith once ruled most the Galaxy, according to GL.

But... not wanting to sound stupid... did it occur to you that Palpatine was the first to use the term 'Emperor'?

darthvader_fan
It wasnt because you see alot of posters that say "The Sith will rule the Galaxy Once agian"

Lord J
well sidious does say "once more the sith will the galaxy" so i see why the question was asked

Tangible God
Aparently, 2000 years before the Galactic Empire, the Sith conquered the galaxy VERY breifly before it fell back to the Republic, personally I hate that story.

But the Rakata had an Infinite Empire, the Ancient Sith had a quasi-empire.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Lord J
well sidious does say "once more the sith will the galaxy" so i see why the question was asked

And thats what i mean..

How could it be the 1st Empire if the galaxy was already ruled by another previous Sith Empire,

To me, an Empire is an Empire, no matter how long or short its reign was.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
And thats what i mean..

How could it be the 1st Empire if the galaxy was already ruled by another previous Sith Empire,

Palpatine was either ignorant or just senile.

Ushgarak
And thats what i mean..

Again, logic failure... nowhere did it say there was a previous Empire. An Empire requires an Emperor!

queeq
Nor does it say there never was a galactic Empire.

But most importantly, nowhere does it say we should care either. wink

exanda kane
well if this was a non-movie forum then you could suggest the Infinite Empire - they may have had an emporer - but whether it reached the proportions of the Galactic Empire it seems unlikely... and this isnt an EU forum......

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Again, logic failure... nowhere did it say there was a previous Empire. An Empire requires an Emperor!

So you're saying there was no Sith Empire before? Well ill have you know that there was .

The Sith Empire was an Empire established by Dark Jedi banished from the Republic. And the leader, in this case Emperor, of the Sith Empire was the Dark Lord of the Sith.

The Sith Empire was far smaller than the Galactic Republic, but much wealthier, and in possession of potent, unique technology.

In 5,000 BBY, the Sith Empire, was by Naga Sadow,

So the logic failure, i think, lies with you.

FistOfThe North
And here's the proof..

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 1: Desperate Measures

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 2: Forces in Collision

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 3: First Encounter

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 4: The Dogs of War

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 5: End of an Empire

that logical enough for you?

Tangible God
You can call your domain an empire if you want, but if you do not declare yourself Emperor, then it's not a fully TRUE empire. But as long as there's some kind of dictator, or monarch, it's good enough.

Like the Ancient Sith, Galactic Empire, Ancient Egypt, Rome, Britain, the numerous fascist states of 1930's and 40's.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Tangible God
You can call your domain an empire if you want, but if you do not declare yourself Emperor, then it's not a fully TRUE empire. But as long as there's some kind of dictator, or monarch, it's good enough.

Like the Ancient Sith, Galactic Empire, Ancient Egypt, Rome, Britain, the numerous fascist states of 1930's and 40's.

Yea so?

Naga Sadow ruled over the Sith Empire

Automatically making him an Emperor.

Meaning that there was a Galactic Empire of some sort before palpatines proclaimed one.

Tangible God
Yea so?

Naga Sadow ruled over the Sith Empire

Automatically making him an Emperor.

Meaning that there was a Galactic Empire of some sort before palpatines proclaimed one. Did I ever say there wasn't, fool?

FistOfThe North
Did I ever say there wasn't, fool?

It's just that you're statement was useless..

I got nothing out of it..

It's like,,,oook?

Fool.

Tangible God
It's just that you're statement was useless..

I got nothing out of it..

It's like,,,oook?

Fool. Not too bright are you li'l man?

Ushgarak
So you're saying there was no Sith Empire before? Well ill have you know that there was .

The Sith Empire was an Empire established by Dark Jedi banished from the Republic. And the leader, in this case Emperor, of the Sith Empire was the Dark Lord of the Sith.

The Sith Empire was far smaller than the Galactic Republic, but much wealthier, and in possession of potent, unique technology.

In 5,000 BBY, the Sith Empire, was by Naga Sadow,

So the logic failure, i think, lies with you.

Quite aside from the fact that with no Emperor it's not called an Empire, rather by definition...

... if it was much smaller, then it wasn't Galactic was it?

Good Lord, some people are silly.

Meanwhile, your EU sources are useless. Your question is easily answered- the films says it was the first. Hence, it was the first. That's all there is to it.

FistOfThe North
Not too bright are you li'l man?

It's just make more sense next time thats all, dude..

no need for insults. it tends to show a lack of vocabulary, a victim mentality/inferiority, a lack of class and education/intelligence and income.

attack my idea. not me personally,

lol

FistOfThe North
Quite aside from the fact that with no Emperor it's not called an Empire, rather by definition...

... if it was much smaller, then it wasn't Galactic was it?

Good Lord, some people are silly.

Meanwhile, your EU sources are useless. Your question is easily answered- the films says it was the first. Hence, it was the first. That's all there is to it.

You're more foolish than I thought..

The Galactic Empire was massive, i guess. I mean i don't really know. But how big was it exactly? Who knows.

The Sith Empire was smaller, yes. But how much smaller. For all we know the Sith Empire might've been just 1 or 2 planets smaller than the Galactic Empire. Who knows. If so, I'd consider it a Galactic Empire, even if it was 1 or 2 Star Systems smaller. Use your brain.

Cybervader
Ok dun fight..sighs..we noe you're a mod Ushgarak,but u could have answered the guy nicely instead of provoking him..jeesh.

Anyways, i think it was the first Galactic Empire because it was the first time the Sith ruled the Galaxy as a whole entity, given that it replaced the Republic. Other sith empires perhaps started small then grew in size. That's why old palpy was confident enuff to call it a Galactic Empire, for it was truly the whole galaxy..at least most of it i guess..

Ushgarak
You're more foolish than I thought..

The Galactic Empire was massive, i guess. I mean i don't really know. But how big was it exactly? Who knows.

The Sith Empire was smaller, yes. But how much smaller. For all we know the Sith Empire might've been just 1 or 2 planets smaller than the Galactic Empire. Who knows. If so, I'd consider it a Galactic Empire, even if it was 1 or 2 Star Systems smaller. Use your brain.

Who the hell cares what YOU consider Galactic? This whole thing is down to George Lucas.

I've already told you the facts on this. And you tell me to use my brain? Sheesh. You yourself said it was 'far' smaller. It is there for everyone to read. If you are just going to keep changing your mind, backpedalling, and pretending you didn't say stuff because you get caught out then your arguments become worthless- I was only using what you yourself said against you. Hence what you say now is feeble indeed. And to then tell others they are not using their brain? That is truly ludicrous.

Let me make this clear:

THERE WAS NO PREVIOUS GALACTIC EMPIRE IN STAR WARS. Of any description. This is what GL says via the film, and that is the end of it! The one we see in the films was the first.

Hence, there was no Galactic Sith Empire. You are either making that up or using EU sources which are worthless.

To any rational person, this argument is done.

FistOfThe North
Who the hell cares what YOU consider Galactic? This whole thing is down to George Lucas.

I've already told you the facts on this. And you tell me to use my brain? Sheesh. You yourself said it was 'far' smaller. It is there for everyone to read. If you are just going to keep changing your mind, backpedalling, and pretending you didn't say stuff because you get caught out then your arguments become worthless- I was only using what you yourself said against you. Hence what you say now is feeble indeed. And to then tell others they are not using their brain? That is truly ludicrous.

Let me make this clear:

THERE WAS NO PREVIOUS GALACTIC EMPIRE IN STAR WARS. Of any description. This is what GL says via the film, and that is the end of it! The one we see in the films was the first.

Hence, there was no Galactic Sith Empire. You are either making that up or using EU sources which are worthless.

To any rational person, this argument is done.

What you wrote made me chuckle when you said i kept changing my mind, backpedalling, and pretending I didn't say stuff because I get caught out then your arguments become worthless. LOL!

I was trying to break down those false accusations to try understand you, but i could find anything because, well, cause you were lying...

But you're right, it's not up to me, but i also said "who knows" not me..It's definitely not up to you, so anything you say is invalid and baseless to me because you don't consider anything thats not canon. Open your shut mind. There are dozens of inconsistencies in SW. The blind, like you, cannot see them. And EU is official. The Movies are canon however.

Your opinion is that the 1st Galactic Empire started with Palp. And i say your wrong, and i forever will. Sorry. Now with that, the argument is done. And if your're gonna make up lies about a posters rebuttal, at least do it inconspicuously, lol

Jedi Priestess
And here's the proof..

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 1: Desperate Measures

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 2: Forces in Collision

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 3: First Encounter

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 4: The Dogs of War

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 5: End of an Empire

that logical enough for you?

and every single one of those is EU which we all know is crap, so it's YOU that has flawed logic.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
and every single one of those is EU which we all know is crap, so it's YOU that has flawed logic.

You're a girl, so shoo..

Stay out of it. Go cook or something..

Lord J
You're a girl, so shoo..

Stay out of it. Go cook or something.. what do u mean you shouldnt say that. i see a lazy future for you

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Lord J
what do u mean you shouldnt say that. i see a lazy future for you

A lazy future? lol what?

Dude, stick to the present, lol

And to the topic

Jedi Priestess
You're a girl, so shoo..

rotflmao..........yeah you are going to land yourself one hell of a woman.....I predict you will be dumped over and over throughout your pathetic lifespan. laughing out loud

Lord J
rotflmao..........yeah you are going to land yourself one hell of a woman.....I predict you will be dumped over and over throughout your pathetic lifespan. laughing out loud whoah JP can see the future huh

Ast
You're a girl, so shoo..

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4117/smileygenerator0pa.png

Lord J
Originally posted by Ast
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4117/smileygenerator0pa.png laughing out loud

FistOfThe North
rotflmao..........yeah you are going to land yourself one hell of a woman.....I predict you will be dumped over and over throughout your pathetic lifespan. laughing out loud

*yawns*

yea, yea..

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ast
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4117/smileygenerator0pa.png

What does it mean..?

i dunno. i'll assume it's your favorite food

big grin

Ast
What does it mean..?

i dunno. i'll assume it's your favorite food

big grin

It means smileygenerator.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ast
It means smileygenerator.

yea, your favorite.

that little man holding up the sign is you cause you wanna let everyone know your tastes.

Happy Dance

Jedi Priestess
I swear we get all the super educated folks in this section of KMC. laughing out loud

You're right North, in FACT, Im shocked you havent been hired on at LFL or ILM yet. I mean a boy with your vast knowledge has got to be invaluable....................somewhere..........anyone else know where? huh

Darth Traya
It all brews down to what you define as an "Empire". If an Empire requires an Emperor, then the Galactice Empire or possibly the Infinite Empire was the first true Empire. If not, then the GE was not the first Empire.

Tangible God
I swear we get all the super educated folks in this section of KMC. laughing out loud

You're right North, in FACT, Im shocked you havent been hired on at LFL or ILM yet. I mean a boy with your vast knowledge has got to be invaluable....................somewhere..........anyone else know where? huh It's vaulable in the world of wiping Donald Trump's ass.

OF course, with North's extensive knowledge and deep reasoning of all that is designed for a King of the Hill episode, Trump would promote him to personal Jackoff.

DrDoom101
I'm asking cause didn't the Sith and/or "others" create an Empire in the universe as well, way before Palpatine did?

So how could Palpatine call it the 1st?

Just wanna know..

why do we care?

Tangible God
Noone but the douche who created this thread gives a rats ass.

"Once more the Sith shall rule the galaxy."--Palpatine.

That doesn't mean it was Empire. The Infinite Empire we don't if it had an Emperor or not. The Ancient Sith Empire had no Emperor but it's ruler still had an impressive title. The Galactic Empire had an Emperor, but that doesn't mean it was the first Empire to exist, and only the second to rule the main sections of the galaxy.

The Rakata did that as well, it can be called a galactic empire 'cause it ruled throughout a galaxy. But Palpatine's empire was actually CALLED the Galactic Empire. That was its TITLE.

((The_Anomaly))
What you wrote made me chuckle when you said i kept changing my mind, backpedalling, and pretending I didn't say stuff because I get caught out then your arguments become worthless. LOL!

I was trying to break down those false accusations to try understand you, but i could find anything because, well, cause you were lying...

But you're right, it's not up to me, but i also said "who knows" not me..It's definitely not up to you, so anything you say is invalid and baseless to me because you don't consider anything thats not canon. Open your shut mind. There are dozens of inconsistencies in SW. The blind, like you, cannot see them. And EU is official. The Movies are canon however.

Your opinion is that the 1st Galactic Empire started with Palp. And i say your wrong, and i forever will. Sorry. Now with that, the argument is done. And if your're gonna make up lies about a posters rebuttal, at least do it inconspicuously, lol

ok, honestly Ushgarak made this so amazingly clear...

GL says in the movies 2 things

1) The Sith once Ruled the galaxy
2) That the empire was 'the first galactic empire'

thats all there is too it...

EU is official? errr..ok, but its not canonically right.....so EU material isnt good enough to be used in this forum. I'm not going to explain it, its all stated here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t20461.html

read it, its very very simple

thats what it is, so live with it.

Palps empire WAS the first because thats what he said...lol

this isnt even open for argument, the sith once "ruled" the galaxy, but that in no way means an empire. the Sith probably did not rule with governmental authority like palpatines empire did. thats speculation but either way palpatines empire was the first, case closed.

go argue in the EU forums, because arguments that involve EU dont hold water around here, sorry buddy...

FistOfThe North
Noone but the douche who created this thread gives a rats ass.

"Once more the Sith shall rule the galaxy."--Palpatine.

That doesn't mean it was Empire. The Infinite Empire we don't if it had an Emperor or not. The Ancient Sith Empire had no Emperor but it's ruler still had an impressive title. The Galactic Empire had an Emperor, but that doesn't mean it was the first Empire to exist, and only the second to rule the main sections of the galaxy.

The Rakata did that as well, it can be called a galactic empire 'cause it ruled throughout a galaxy. But Palpatine's empire was actually CALLED the Galactic Empire. That was its TITLE.

Tangible, i wont lower myself to your allycat ways because if i do you'll turn chick and report me and get me banned as you did before, ya snitch.

Like i said, women like yourself, insult due to a low vocabulary/income/class and victim mentality. And i always thought to severly insult someone over the net that you don't know was always coward-like. It's like talking behinds someone back or insulting from far away, hidden.

If i said the insults you said, i be banned permanently, no matter.

anyhow, Tangible stay the F out if you don't like the thread, simple as that, but i bet you'll report me now for saying "F", eh? lol go ahead....i've been banned before. Im ready.

If no one but me cares are your on it, why the hell are you responding to it. C'mon.

cool I'm ready, dude...go tell.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by DrDoom101
why do we care?

Who said anything about caring, lol

i could give 2 snots if you do, lol

the question's for whoever does wanna answer it.

You didnt wanna answer, so buzz off.

big grin

Jedi Priestess
Dude seriously, it's obvious you aren't going to win this argument. Go try your case at MF.com. I'm sure they'd be happy to see it "your" way.

You can't expect to come in here and win a case based on the EU when this is primarily a canonical forum. It's not going to happen. And saying people that don't agree with you are below you only goes to show how little class you actually have. Next time you decide to insult someone by saying make sure its not people that have a degree, and actual lives, because it makes you look, well, just stupid and insipid.

FistOfThe North
And saying people that don't agree with you are below you only goes to show how little class you actually have.

Next time you decide to insult someone by saying make sure its not people that have a degree, and actual lives, because it makes you look, well, just stupid and insipid.

Didn't i tell you to shoo and go cook or clean or something..lol

women..

anyhow, where does it say to disagree with me is to be below me..?Provide proof. I said to insult is to be below me, ..be a good little girl and go back, reread the post and tell me when i said that...If you can't do that, you've become even more invalid than you are now, woman.

If you can't do that you're, in your witty word, stupid.

lmao..

oh yea, and a liar...i love it..

Jedi Priestess
So just how many cars and couches do you have out on your front lawn Fist? Because that's really where your mentality seems to come from.

BTW thanks for the compliment "little girl" seeing as Im 99% sure Im old enough to be your mama. laughing out loud

FistOfThe North
So just how many cars and couches do you have out on your front lawn Fist? Because that's really where your mentality seems to come from.

BTW thanks for the compliment "little girl" seeing as Im 99% sure Im old enough to be your mama. laughing out loud

Cars? couches? wtf!? lmao..my lawn?..wow, just wow.

You again..see women insert emotions and insults into topics that's why all this crap started cause of you, lol ok..

1st of all, my lawn, ..lmoa....omg, why am i even answering back...lol

laughing

Jedi Priestess
You cant have an intellectual discussion when one of the parties (you) lacks the intellect to have said conversation. And why ARE you replying? Odd that is, for someone who says they arent emotionally invested in this conversation.

And just in case the lawn remark went over your head.....means you sound like a type of male who expects his women to be barefoot and pg.

FistOfThe North
You cant have an intellectual discussion when one of the parties (you) lacks the intellect to have said conversation.

And why ARE you replying? Odd that is, for someone who says they arent emotionally invested in this conversation.

And just in case the lawn remark went over your head.....means you sound like a type of male who expects his women to be barefoot and pg.

1. lol, you're the one using ad hominem attacks on me instead or rational ones. Ad hominem attacks on one's opponent are a tried-and-true strategy for people who have a case that is weak.

2. Im replying simply because you telling me something, directed at me.
whether it's direct or indirect. There are no emotions. In fact, in a way, you're asking me to reply by speaking of and to me.

3. And i dont expect women to be barefoot and.....i cant believe this...lol this is crazy. this is Star Wars, not frikken Oprah...lmao

laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
Lets examine the quality of the threads you've started in your short KMC career.

Was the "First Galactic Empire" truly the first galactic empire in the SW universe?
you got your answer and then whined like a baby when it wasnt the one you wanted.

Does Palpatine lie in ep.3? If so, what lie did he tell?
did you even watch the movie? I mean seriously, my 12 year old managed to figure this out.

In Ep3, when Sidious says.........
erm what?

Which was a better movie: The Empire Strikes Back or Revenge of the Sith?
wouldnt be a bad Q had it not been asked 30 times already

In Ep. 3, when Palpatine says.....
what AGAIN?

Based on the above material, it's rather obvious that you have no clue what you are talking about now do you? So I will leave you with this, I've enjoyed this little banter but unfortunately you have started to sound very much like when the teacher talks on the Charlie Brown tv specials. bwoa bwoa bwoa........and it's lost its allure.

Have fun out there. smile

FistOfThe North
Lets examine the quality of the threads you've started in your short KMC career.

you got your answer and then whined like a baby when it wasnt the one you wanted.

did you even watch the movie? I mean seriously, my 12 year old managed to figure this out.

erm what?

what AGAIN?

Based on the above material, it's rather obvious that you have no clue what you are talking about now do you? So I will leave you with this, I've enjoyed this little banter but unfortunately you have started to sound very much like when the teacher talks on the Charlie Brown tv specials. bwoa bwoa bwoa........and it's lost its allure.

lol, women..

Darth Traya

erm what?

what AGAIN?

I'm suprised how many so called "adults", have not yet mastered the use of the Shift key. Strange, huh?

Ushgarak

That's pretty dumb. That's not MY opinion, it's George Lucas'. Against which yours doesn't matter one tiny whit. That Palps' was first is not opinion, it is fact.

Now, our policy about EU is clearly posted for you. If you don't like it... tough. But it is our policy, and you have no business joining this place and then criticising us for it.

Get over this, FOTN. According to the films, you are wrong. Live with it. If you continue these whiny rants of yours just because you have been caught out as you have been, you will get a warning.

Your attempt to say I am lying is just so spectacularly untrue, as everyone can see, as to be almost hysterical. It's just something you have randomly said without any rationality or logic whatsoever. As I say, everyone else can clearly see where you contradictd yourself as you backpedalled away. Your posts will remain there forever, for everyone to read and see it. You can't just undo that.

Contribute usefully to a thread or do not contribute at all, please.

This question has been answered, and FOTN's attitude has simply made the thread sink into pointlessness. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.