Orion VS Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
Unarmed, H2H combat to the death. Who wins?

joesha28
This has been done. And it's a fight that is very hard to come to a conclusion. But I will go for Thor (obvious isn't it). Check out Thor's respect thread and know why...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t369118.html

Draco69
Also check out the Orion Respect Thread to see that it's rather even.

dvampire
I give it to Orion. Thor gets beaten by people like Cap and Colossus (not that I'm saying Colossus isn't a match for him); but then I see him beating people like Thanos and Hulk. I give the fight to Orion IMO.

long pig
Orion.

He's just a better fighter, slightly stronger and a bit faster than Thor.

Orion's martial arts skills are massive.

the Darkone
Orion is not little bit stronger than Thor for crying out loud, Thor has more raw power than Orion is a son of a lower Sky Father in Darkseid, where is Thor is a son of a Skyfather Odin and elder God Gaea wear his powers and abilities dwarfs Orion's. Can Orion take on Zeus or Odin battle with out getting his head kick in hell no, he wouldn't last that long against Zeus where Thor has for a long period of time and was getting hit with Zeus's most powerful Lighting bolts and was still fighting (Thor Annual #5). Can Orion take on the most powerful Celestail in Exitar which even Thor stunned the 20,000 Celestail by cracking his brain doom and fighting his antibodies that are surpass thor even in strength.

Thor would have beat Darkseid a$$ like a two dollar Ho, Orion can't maintain his rage which sometime causes him to go crazy and that's when he gets f**ked up like when Wonder Woman had to put him down.

The Children of Gaea are some of the most powerful beings in the universe Cyttoark, Crom, Atum the god eater/ Demogorge and now Thor and others.

Thor should be written like orion but that's about it, even during the jack kirby days and the 70's thor is pretty much on pre-superman level and maybe beyond him. Thor is stronger than Orion he has more feats of strength and ability more than orion, Thor running speed has said to be ungodly by Hela, He can see beings moving at light speed (hermes), over 2,000 + years of fighting under his belt taking on beings that will crush Orion with in minutes.

What about Orion beating Superman! so what who hasn't beaten superman hell even Booster Gold beaten him before and I was heart broken because I don't like the blond idiot. Hey I rather get my butt kick by Captain America than Booster Gold.

Don't get me wrong Orion is good warrior most likely underrated and under use,but he is

Sentry
How old is Orion?

the Darkone
Originally posted by Sentry
How old is Orion?

300 years old same age as Mister Mircale, Big Barda 250 years old "Remember New Gods age slower". New Gods secert and files 1998. In back of the it should their existence and history.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by the Darkone
Orion is not little bit stronger than Thor for crying out loud, Thor has more raw power than Orion is a son of a lower Sky Father in Darkseid, where is Thor is a son of a Skyfather Odin and elder God Gaea wear his powers and abilities dwarfs Orion's. Can Orion take on Zeus or Odin battle with out getting his head kick in hell no, he wouldn't last that long against Zeus where Thor has for a long period of time and was getting hit with Zeus's most powerful Lighting bolts and was still fighting (Thor Annual #5). Can Orion take on the most powerful Celestail in Exitar which even Thor stunned the 20,000 Celestail by cracking his brain doom and fighting his antibodies that are surpass thor even in strength.

Thor would have beat Darkseid a$$ like a two dollar Ho, Orion can't maintain his rage which sometime causes him to go crazy and that's when he gets f**ked up like when Wonder Woman had to put him down.

The Children of Gaea are some of the most powerful beings in the universe Cyttoark, Crom, Atum the god eater/ Demogorge and now Thor and others.

Thor should be written like orion but that's about it, even during the jack kirby days and the 70's thor is pretty much on pre-superman level and maybe beyond him. Thor is stronger than Orion he has more feats of strength and ability more than orion, Thor running speed has said to be ungodly by Hela, He can see beings moving at light speed (hermes), over 2,000 + years of fighting under his belt taking on beings that will crush Orion with in minutes.

What about Orion beating Superman! so what who hasn't beaten superman hell even Booster Gold beaten him before and I was heart broken because I don't like the blond idiot. Hey I rather get my butt kick by Captain America than Booster Gold.

Don't get me wrong Orion is good warrior most likely underrated and under use,but he is

This is h2h battle. Orion has chance.

Sentry
Well with that stated, Thor has more experience, he should have a better chance than what most people think. His fighting skill should rival that of WW. I'm not saying his fighting skill is better, but really close to hers, plus he should be fast enough to contend with Orion's speed. Adam Warlock has stated that Thor is at least fast as lightning itself.

Thor should take it.. But this could go either way.

IMO... 5.5 out 10 for Thor

the Darkone
Thor has tendency to go warrior madness on smoebody, remember in Thor 160-162 he went arrior madness on Adam warlock. Thor's abilites are far above orion's.

Thor 7/10

Sentry
Thor has tendency to go warrior madness on smoebody, remember in Thor 160-162 he went arrior madness on Adam warlock. Thor's abilites are far above orion's.

Thor 7/10

Warlock sh!t his pants. Warlock had to retreat to his cocoon. Yeah, I remember those issues. Thor is one of the beings Warlock actually fears. He said it himself.

the Darkone
Warlock sh!t his pants. Warlock had to retreat to his cocoon. Yeah, I remember those issues. Thor is one of the beings Warlock actually fears. He said it himself.

That' what I am talking about Thor went crazy with seconds of fighting with out the power gem he was animal. Thor is above Orion in every way and those issues where done by lee and kirby.

Draco69
Come now people. Again underrating Orion. This is the man that has held his own or defeated the Infinity Man, Mantis, Pre-Crisis Superman, and Pre-Crisis Darkseid.

Respect Thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t366361.html

olympian
"I give it to Orion. Thor gets beaten by people like Cap and Colossus "

616 Thor? Considering he stalemated Cap when we was mortal, when did cap wooped him?

And Colossus?

About this one its really close to call. Tossup.

leonidas
certainly close. without motherbox comtroling him, orion has his own warrior madness. still, i go thor 7/10. just too many powers overall.

olympian
About the topic.

Isent this h2h only counting physical prowess and skills?

leonidas
<<Isent this h2h only counting physical prowess and skills?>>

oops. my bad. thought it was straight up. h2h i think i might give orion the edge. maybe 6/10.

Wickerman
I'm REALLY sorry to derail the thread, but i have to ask this for general knowledge sake. I don't know much about Orion and i'll just say that from the get-go. But since this is h2h.......do you think BRB would have a better chance at defeating Orion than Thor does?

Again, sorry to have slightly derailed the topic and asked this question, but i'm really curious. Thanks in advance.

~wickerman~

Superherovandal
Originally posted by leonidas
certainly close. without motherbox comtroling him, orion has his own warrior madness. still, i go thor 7/10. just too many powers overall.

that is true I mean he does have a warrior madness thing just like Thor. Its just the fact that he always has a motherbox.

It seems pretty even to me.

Thor 5/10

Orion 5/10

long pig
Orion's reaction speed feats>Thor's
Orion's martial arts feats>>>Thor's
Strength feats are about even, slightly to Orion.

Experience doesn't mean much if you didn't learn much from it.

Thor just isn't as good at fighting as Orion in h2h, simple as that.

BRB would be a better choice seeing that BRB is a better fighter than Thor.

I give it to Orion 7/10

Cosmic Cube
Thor's supposed to be a good H2H fighter. All I've ever seen him do is 'rassel.

I actually have this fight coming down to weaponry, in which I think Thor may have a slight edge.

Factoring out the Astroharness and Mjolnir, are we?

droolio

Superherovandal
no remember this is hand to hand read the first post CC.

long pig
Thor can do more than 'rassle', he just prefers it because it feels more natural........

droolio

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
Thor can do more than 'rassle', he just prefers it because it feels more natural........

droolio

ROTFL! laughing

droolio

Originally posted by Superherovandal
no remember this is hand to hand read the first post CC.

embarrasment

Cosmic Cube
Well Orion is a Dog of War, and Thor relies heavily on Mjolnir.

I'll agree with long pig's ratio.

Superherovandal
Yeah now that I think about it would probably now be

Orion 7.5-8/10

Thor 2.5-2/10

the Darkone
Thor >>> Orion Strength
Thor = Orion Speed
Thor >> Orion Fighting experience
Thor >>> Orion Weapons

Thor wins 7/10 h2h combat
Thor wins 8/10 weapons

Superherovandal
No Orion is not only strong and a better fighter but faster as well. Thor would be beaten down BAD.

the Darkone
Ahh, No. Thor is stronger my god hello son of a skyfather and elder god. Please Thor hit one being so hard knock them out of earht's orbit and solar system, if anything thor is stronger then people give him credit for. Thor runs a great speeds even hela stated that a couple times, he swift as lighting.

Superherovandal
Orion is son of Darkseid before he became a pussy. and he is quite a bit stronger than Superman and a way better fighter and without the motherbox holding him back he would rip Thor into tiny Asgardian pieces of crap. and FYI Orion also is a God.

long pig
Running speed ain't got shit to do with fighting. Any class 100 can or should be capable of running a few hundreds of miles per hour.

I'm talking about fight/reflex speed.

The best example for Orion is; once, while missing BOTH eyes and his back turned, he was able to not only CATCH bullets being shot at him, but also THROW them back THROUGH the barrel of the gun and into the shooter.

That makes me remember Orion's insane healing level, those eyes healed back in a panel or two. It's around or above Wolverine's.

No friggin way Thor is capable of such things as Orion physically.

Cosmic Cube
Running speed ain't got shit to do with fighting. Any class 100 can or should be capable of running a few hundreds of miles per hour.

I'm talking about fight/reflex speed.

The best example for Orion is; once, while missing BOTH eyes and his back turned, he was able to not only CATCH bullets being shot at him, but also THROW them back THROUGH the barrel of the gun and into the shooter.

That makes me remember Orion's insane healing level. It's around or above Wolverine's.

Thor once blocked a psi-bolt from the Phoenix.

I don't recall many speed feats for Thor. I know he can dodge Juggy's punches.

Cosmic Cube
Orion is son of Darkseid before he became a pussy. and he is quite a bit stronger than Superman and a way better fighter and without the motherbox holding him back he would rip Thor into tiny Asgardian pieces of crap. and FYI Orion also is a God.

Is Orion stronger than Supes?

Orion is a NEW God.

long pig
Orion is as strong as pre crisis Superman. So, yeah, he's stronger than the Superman we know now.

Draco69
Orion has beaten Superman on nearly every occasion. INCLUDING Pre-Crisis Superman. Solar-system towing Superman mind you.

the Darkone
Thor can dodge projectiles at great speeds. He was blocking bullets across his chest effortlessly when somebody was firing machine gun fire at him.

the Darkone
Anybody can kick superman a$$, my god he can't fight to save life only thing he can do is brawl and half the time getting his a$$ kicked.

long pig
Thor can dodge projectiles at great speeds. He was blocking bullets across his chest effortlessly when somebody was firing machine gun fire at him.
Blocking?

Orion catches the ****ers while blind, and THROWS THEM BACK.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
Orion has beaten Superman on nearly every occasion. INCLUDING Pre-Crisis Superman. Solar-system towing Superman mind you.

Thing is, Pre-crisis Superman is a toss up. His power level was a roll of the dice. Heck I know Gorilla Gordd is nowhere near solar system towing strength, and he gave Pre-Crisis Supes hell.

Cosmic Cube
Anybody can kick superman a$$, my god he can't fight to save life only thing he can do is brawl and half the time getting his a$$ kicked.

Harsh words...

the Darkone
Blocking?

Orion catches the ****ers while blind, and THROWS THEM BACK.

Blocking them yes and catching them this was in lee/kirby days before orion or new gods where even thought of. What Orion bee doing has been done by Thor 10x over. If you got the money start collecting from journey to the mystery up to Thor.

Draco69
So...being around longer than Orion, book wise, makes Thor the winnah.

Hah! laughing out loud

long pig
True enough, PC Superman was random, but all his incarnations were exponentially stronger than post Superman.

Orion, now should be stronger and the only reason for him not to be is bad writing.

Cosmic Cube
Blocking them yes and catching them this was in lee/kirby days before orion or new gods where even thought of. What Orion bee doing has been done by Thor 10x over. If you got the money start collecting from journey to the mystery up to Thor.

Thor was way more powerful in his early days. They've toned him down considerably.

True enough, PC Superman was random, but all his incarnations were exponentially stronger than post Superman.

Orion, now should be stronger and the only reason for him not to be is bad writing.

At times, Pre-crisis Superman is portrayed being weaker than Post-crisis Superman.

Bad writing, or the sporadic nature of pre-crisis power. What are some of Pre-crisis Orions feats? (Other than defeating Pre-crisis Superman, of course.)

Cosmic Cube

Hah! laughing out loud

In actuality, Thor would have a bit more fighting experience than Orion because he is much older. In terms of the comic book's timeline, not the date of his first appearance.

Sentry
Does pretty good without the hammer.

http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorbeatdown1bw.jpg

Seems to be pretty quick.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3656/thorspeed014aw.jpg

He stands a good chance.

5.5 out 10 for Thor.

long pig
Combat strength feats always > lifting feats. Ask Thanos.

Thor has more experience, but not more skill. Experience doesn't always mean more skill. Karate Kid is 24 or so years old and he's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shang Chi

This is a good fight, though.

Draco69
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
In actuality, Thor would have a bit more fighting experience than Orion because he is much older. In terms of the comic book's timeline, not the date of his first appearance.

I was referring to when the books first came out. Darkone was basically saying since Thor was created first...he automatically wins. What the f**k?

long pig

He stands a good chance.

5.5 out 10 for Thor.

"Almost faster than the eye can see"< Catching multiple bullets while blind.

Beating loki in h2h isn't even slightly comparable to beating the greatest martial artist in the universe, as Orion did in h2h.

leonidas
don't forget, thor -- without his hammer -- was pummeling juggs without his shield and appeared to be stronger than juggernaut. but, on the flip side, he had his long-haired arse handed to him by hulk when he got rid of his hammer. orion and supes are too close to call in strength, and both imo have a very slight edge on thor, but not enough of an edge to make it really matter. orion is just . . . nasty, which is why i give him the slight (very slight) edge. 5.5-6/10.

Sentry

Hah! laughing out loud

C'mon Draco, you should know this by now. The same thing goes around with WW. She has thousands of years of experience but loses to Batman in martial arts...

Cosmic Cube
Combat strength feats always > lifting feats. Ask Thanos.

Thor has more experience, but not more skill. Experience doesn't always mean more skill. Karate Kid is 24 or so years old and he's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shang Chi

This is a good fight, though.

There's a difference between skill and experience.

Sentry

Beating loki in h2h isn't even slightly comparable to beating the greatest martial artist in the universe, as Orion did in h2h.

Loki and Fenris.

Cosmic Cube

He stands a good chance.

5.5 out 10 for Thor.

eek! Never realized Thor was so fast! Nice job digging up an old speed feat for Thor, Sentry.

long pig
lol I just thought he was punching Loki's horse.

Cosmic Cube
"Almost faster than the eye can see"< Catching multiple bullets while blind.

Wouldn't that be more of a matter of honed senses than quick reflexes?

Sentry
Fenris in his man form kinda does look like a horse.

Cosmic Cube
lol I just thought he was punching Loki's horse.

ROTFL laughing

droolio

long pig
Well, yeah...it'd be a matter of both senses & reflexes, in which Orion is equally superior in.

Draco69
C'mon Draco, you should know this by now. The same thing goes around with WW. She has thousands of years of experience but loses to Batman in martial arts...

I'm referring to the creation of the character. Like say Superman was created in 1938 and Sentry was created sometime later...it doesn't mean that Superman wins because he came first.

That's what Darkone was arguing...and it didn't make the slightest bit of sense either.

long pig
I didn't know... embarrasment

I thought Thor was just being bad ass and kicking the horses ass too. Kinda like the "**** you and the horse you rode in on" type deal.

sad

Man on horse action...droolio

Cosmic Cube
I didn't know... embarrasment

I thought Thor was just being bad ass and kicking the horses ass too. Kinda like the "**** you and the horse you rode in on" type deal.

sad

Man on horse action...droolio

eek! ROTFL!! laughing

pig, you are a genius.

Sentry
Off topic but these scans were cool.

Making Galactus flee for his life.

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=030215092355&q=Scans

the Darkone
I'm referring to the creation of the character. Like say Superman was created in 1938 and Sentry was created sometime later...it doesn't mean that Superman wins because he came first.

That's what Darkone was arguing...and it didn't make the slightest bit of sense either.

I'm not saying that, I am saying the feats of orion has been done before by thor 10x over. You DC boys think since superman is the first he can beat anybody even a god in Darkseid who should have killed superman at least 15-20 times by now.

Draco69
That's why I think there's a sort of "Pre-Crisis" Thor. Thor, before the whole Odin mess, didn't seem to be half as powerful as he used to be in the Silver Age.

olympian
Thats a power display, doesnt have much use in this case.

Tossup for me or inclined for a slight edge to Orion.

About Thor being or not skilled? He is.

the Darkone
I agree with you on that one.

Draco69
I'm not saying that, I am saying the feats of orion has been done before by thor 10x over. You DC boys think since superman is the first he can beat anybody even a god in Darkseid who should have killed superman at least 15-20 times by now.

Darkseid should have eaten Superman...and defecated him on to his wife. DS jobs to Supes alot. Then again so does everybody.

olympian
Darkseid jobbing contract its post crisis. Same with kalibak. Pre crisis he owned whoever he wanted.

Post crisis the ones who match Superman usually are other heroes, not the villains.

Superherovandal
those are Thor with Mjolnir. hello it says on the first post no weapons just h2h. and Orion is not only stronger than Thor but faster and a better fighter.

long pig
Orion's healing factor is a big issue here, too.

It's at least Wolverine to Hulk level. Thor's is good, but not the greatest.

Cosmic Cube
Darkseid should have eaten Superman...and defecated him on to his wife. DS jobs to Supes alot. Then again so does everybody.

laughing out loud Gross...

laughing

droolio

Sentry
those are Thor with Mjolnir. hello it says on the first post no weapons just h2h. and Orion is not only stronger than Thor but faster and a better fighter.

Did you read the first sentence?

Off topic but these scans were cool.

Making Galactus flee for his life.

Hence the words OFF TOPIC

joesha28
EMT Thor took hits from Gladiator at light speed and was still standing. Thor could do better. What makes you think that speed could really be the factor that could beat Thor?

Orion edge in strength? Thor carried the damn Miggard serpent that was crushing earth, mind you.

Orion edge in h2h? Mortal Thor stalemated Cap A in h2h. Cap is one of the top tier martial artist in Marvel.

I'm not saying that Thor will win easily. But do not underestimate Thor, when you do not know him.

Superherovandal
Orion is way better than Thor fighting wise. He is edges Supes strength wise too. and he has regeneration that is extremely impressive. He's called the Dog of War for a reason.

joesha28
Just like Thor called God of Thunder?

So a God vs a Dog who wins?

Just Kidding........

Superherovandal
Its the fact that Orion is faster, a better fighter, stronger, and has way better healing that clinches Orion's victory.

long pig
Orion is just blatantly NASTY when he fights. Thor would realize just brawling won't get him anywhere.

Ultimate Ion
Straight up h2h, Orion kills Thor. I'd give it to him 8/10.

joesha28
H2H Thor is as good as Captain America.

long pig
H2h Orion is better than Mantis. Who is the greatest martial arts user in the universe.

Captian America doesn't mean a damn thing in comparison.

joesha28
Was Orion without his power when fighting Mantis

long pig
They both have powers. Mantis' is said to be enough to shake a solar system.

But orion won by just being a better h2h fighter.

Mantis>>>>>>>Cap

joesha28

long pig
Thor is a brawler, not a precision fighter. He's good at both, but Orion is better.

Simple as that.

joesha28
Hard to say....

ImmortalOne
Back there, I saw someone talkin bout GodBlast, well Orion has ASTRO FORCE, biiaaa*tch !!!

Anyway, heres how it gonna be:
Thor: You disgrace Asgard, puny "so called god" !!!
Orion: Do you dare back those words with you fist, blondie !!!
Thor: Let us settle this !!
Orion: Wait, I gotta open m'fukin mask !!
Thor: Odin's beard !!!! What mishaped sculpture your face is !!!
Odin: Oh yeah, you got somethin in your eye !!!
Thor: Where ??
Orion: Riiiiiiiighhhht here,....... BOOM !!!! <ULTRA UBER NEW GOD PUNCH>

the Darkone
Thor is alot older than Orion over 2,000 years old 10x the experience, nobody's taking anything away from Orion who is one bad mofo but against Thor who has fought begins that will crush Orion in minutes.

People saying Orion is stronger bullsh**, orion strength feats are nothing compare to Thor's lifting the midgard serpent without straining, knocking a super being out of solar system , battling a skyfather zeus, cosmic force in Galactus, godslayers in Destroyer and Atum the godeater.

Give Thor his respect, Thor wins 7/10.

long pig
Again, man, come on...experience does not equal ability.

Also, who has Thor faught h2h, and won that was above Orion?

Orion is as strong as Pre-Crisis Superman, and PC SM is > Thor.

You keep mentioning Thor's weapon feats, why? It has nothing to do with his weapons.

Orion wins, probably pretty easily.

We can argue Thor w/Mjolnir vs Orion/Astro force and Mother Box if you want, but I'm seriously doubting Thor could handle one full blast from the astro force.

the Darkone
And doubt Orion can survive a godforce blast, Thor's durability is greater than Orion's when he fought ego for the first time, Ego paralyze whole planet with pulse beam and used it on Thor it didn't even slow him down and ego can generate more power than the astro force.

long pig
Thor is not more durable.

Have you seen what Orion can handle? His damage soak is enormous. Plus, his healing factor is Hulk level.

Ego can indeed emit more power, but it isn't about how much power you have, it's how well you use it.
And if Orion were to hit Thor with one of his surgically pin pointed AF blasts, Thor would die.

Thor's only chance would be to teleport Orion away in another dimension or something more on the magical side. Otherwise he dies.

the Darkone
Now you are given Orion to much credit, can Orion survie a god-force blast hell no he will turn to ash. Thor durable is greater then you think son of a skyfather/elder god please thor has took more puinshment from Odin who's powers alone surpass the Astro-force.

Odin battle Thor and unleashed the odinforce on him, Thor took it like champ and was holing his own against his father in a bloodlust battle and their was no holding back.

long pig
No, he couldn't handle a godblast, and Thor couldn't handle Orion's blast.

So, it'd come down to who shoots first, and how long it takes for the blast to embark on it's victim.

So, who reacts faster, Thor or Orion?
So, which is faster, Godblast or Astro Force?

To me, it seems Thor has to basically pray for the godblast, which takes more time than just unleashing.

As for reactions, I got to give Orion that one, too.

TheKahn
IMO, these guys are just about even. You can argue that one is slightly stonger, quicker, more skilled, or more experienced but they are in pretty much the same league. To win this fight they are going to need a good stragety and stick to it as neither one is going down easy. And that is what gives Thor the win. Without his motherbox, Orion's rage will not be in check and his lack of patience will do him in.

the Darkone
No, he couldn't handle a godblast, and Thor couldn't handle Orion's blast.

So, it'd come down to who shoots first, and how long it takes for the blast to embark on it's victim.

So, who reacts faster, Thor or Orion?
So, which is faster, Godblast or Astro Force?

To me, it seems Thor has to basically pray for the godblast, which takes more time than just unleashing.

As for reactions, I got to give Orion that one, too.

No it doesn't take a long time to release the god force blast, he just aims and fire.

Superherovandal
Orion was facing a sun-dipped Superman once and he was still holding back. Yet managed to stalemate him.

olympian
All out Superman hardly seems that impressive combat wise.

Twice stalemated by Orion.

Twice beaten by Wonder Woman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.