Greatest Game Ever Played Golf Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

edwinian
i keep seeing previews and ads for this movie everywhere....and im starting to think i may have to check it out....anybody ahve thoughts on shia in a lead role?

forumcrew
the trailer annoyed me.. the movie has several parts where they use lots of cgi and cool effects for an old time golf movie... so stupid. A movie is supposed to pull you into it those will pull everyone right out. They seriously are just using special effects now just for the sake of doing so its getting really lame.

SnakeEyes
Not my type of movie... I probably won't end up seeing it because it really does look horrible.

Mandorallen
To be ferdecly honest,

I like Shia lebouf, (sp?) and I love Golfing, I will probably end up seeing this movie.

The New History
I doubt I will see this movie, I'm just not intersted, it looks to childish. if you want to see a good golf movie I'd suggest "Bobby Jones, Stroke of Genius."

Mandorallen
or "happy gilmore"

Piggle Humsy
I hope to see it , Love Shia LaBeouf and he is an excellent actor IMO so I'm looking forward to seeing it. big grin
I know the story too so it will be intresting seeing it played out...

Cinemaddiction
He was pretty good in "The Battle of Shaker Heights". Carrying a golf movie, which won't be a big draw, probably isn't that much of a stretch.

edwinian
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
He was pretty good in "The Battle of Shaker Heights". Carrying a golf movie, which won't be a big draw, probably isn't that much of a stretch.

here's a question -- do you think this was a good move for Shia's acting career?

i havent seen the film yet, but it seems like a smart move and good transition for him.

Cinemaddiction
Being cast for a lead role in a Disney movie? If he didn't take it, it would be career suicide. Especially after taking pathetic supporting roles, i.e. "I, Robot".

edwinian
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Being cast for a lead role in a Disney movie? If he didn't take it, it would be career suicide. Especially after taking pathetic supporting roles, i.e. "I, Robot".

why would it be career suicide to not take it? the money? the exposure aspect?

i mean, i think he is the perfect fit for this movie and this movie is a good fit for him, but I dont know a lot about the way hollywood careers work....

forumcrew
i think he was thinking maybe he would get type casted in a certain way he didnt like.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by edwinian
why would it be career suicide to not take it? the money? the exposure aspect?

i mean, i think he is the perfect fit for this movie and this movie is a good fit for him, but I dont know a lot about the way hollywood careers work....

It would be stupid for him not to take the role is what I said.

Ripcord
I think it will be good for him. I dont know how this movie will be, honestly not that interested in seeing it, but it could be good for him.

tabby999
a lead role is a lead role, even if the movie isn't amazing.

edwinian
Originally posted by tabby999
a lead role is a lead role, even if the movie isn't amazing.

hopefully for his sake more people will go and see what he can do with a lead and what paxton can do with this type of story.

T.M
Originally posted by Mandorallen
or "happy gilmore"

Or 'The Legend Of Bagger Vance'

forumcrew
Originally posted by edwinian
hopefully for his sake more people will go and see what he can do with a lead and what paxton can do with this type of story.

he had the lead in Holes

I liked him in his small support roles in I.Robot and Constantine. But I do think hes capable of more. I just think this movie is stupid.

edwinian
Originally posted by forumcrew
he had the lead in Holes

I liked him in his small support roles in I.Robot and Constantine. But I do think hes capable of more. I just think this movie is stupid.

still havent seen it yet myself, but a buddy caught Greatest Game over the weekend and said he liked it. "surprised" was the word he used and he's pretty critical of movies. i asked him about shia and he said he didnt keep thinking he was watching shia labeouf up there, and that labeouf came off as a real actor....anyway...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.