Gl Oscar Hint?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Budgie
Went to see the film for the third time today and decided to check out a few of the things people have mentioned...

1. There is NO darth vader shadow behind anakin as he kills the tuskan raiders.

2. There is definitely a look between mace and yoda when obiwan asks about syfo-dias. VERY strange! definitely more to that than meets the eye!

However, I also noticed something VEEERRRYYY cool...

In the scene where anakin and amidala are sitting on a couch in a candle-lit room and she tells him they can't be lovers there are a pair of candlesticks behind amidala shaped like Oscars! Is this a message from GL to the people at the Academy Awards or what! heehee! Check it out for yourselves...

Texas
I guess they symbolize the Oscars GL lost to the Matrix in 2000! stick out tongue

LaurenE147
When TPM lost to the Matrix for special effects I was pissed. The Academy Awards people were just being prejudiced against the fact that it was Star Wars.

yerssot
so tell me about how ANH got the prises?

Viseus
Actually, a lot of the CGI in the movie was very weak. Anakin standing on the big fat animal in the Naboo meadows in particular (horrible), as well as the fruit eating. Do not give these people an Oscar.

yerssot
fruit was not THAT bad, ok, not the greatest

but see it this way: you want the animal riding or the battle with the rancor again?

Texas
Well I'm sure GL will get an Oscar next year, afterall, he's not competing against the new Matrix movies!

Gundark
Then there's that bastard Woody Allen in 77 with his bloody Annie Hall.

mah
woody allen is great!

yerssot
I'm not going to respond to that mah... don't think a movie of him has been broadcasted here the last 15 years

He-Man
Next year SW is competing against LOTR. And it's not gonna win.

yerssot
so we have to wait till 2005??

He-Man
Propably.

yerssot
dangerous and disturbing this waiting is

King Jedi
Lord of the Rings failed misreably in this years Oscars so don't expect it to get any better next year.

yerssot
it failed? thought it got lots of oscars

King Jedi
It won only 4 Oscars out of 13 nominations which was a disaster. Compare it to Titanic which won 11 out of 14 nominations.

So they didn't like it last year so don't expect LOTR to get many this year.

Ushgarak
That doesn't mean they didn't like it. You cannot say that a film with 13 nominations is not liked! And it certainly was not a disaster.

Dexx
The Two tower has the best CGIs of the trilogy...so it's said at least......so it might be a worthy contestant.
P.S. The Matrix effects deserved the oscar over TPM, letz hand'em that

King Jedi
Winning only 4 out of 13 is a disaster. Didn't you see the interviews with the producers before the show? The were expecting to win as many as Titanic.

yerssot
so? I'm hoping to have a ferrari

Texas
Oscar is shit anyways! Nothing but a big popularity contest! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dim
Yeah..it's all political.

laos76
TPM should have won best sound....no other movie has better sound than a Star Wars movie....I guess they feel ILM has won enough Oscars..... smokin'

Gundark
mah - sorry, guess you and I just won't agree on Woody Allen, but no hard feelings, eh ? wink

George knows he'll never get an Oscar for himself for anything SW and I don't think he cares either. He makes the films for himself first, then the fans. If the damned academy ever hands him one, it'll be either for an "achievements past" type of thing or eventually, posthumuously.

IMHO OC.

laos76
He got a Life Time achievement Oscar in 1991 I remember.....Spielberg hosted it and Lucas was in tears.......

I guess they figured Lucas' career as a filmaker was over so lets honor him...not the case..... smokin'

mah
of course not..but next time you will forever be forced to watch woody allen-films!! evil face stick out tongue

LOTR was robbed for oscars, and GL will never get one for SW.
the academy seems to always choose wrong.

Budgie
So... anybody else see the oscar candlesticks yet???

Gundark
Budgie - haven't been to see it for a third time yet - don't know.

mah - I'll watch a Woody Allen with you but only if you buy the popcorn. And give me a lot of money of course. wink

Budgie
OK, well everybody check it out and let me know if they agree or if I'm just going space-crazy!

Gundark
Well if you're posting here, you're already space-crazy.

Corran
or spaced out! smokin'

Budgie
Soooo, has anybody actually seen these candles I'm talking about yet???????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.