Rogue vs Crusher Creel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
Both absorb power. Who's the better sponge?

EsteemedLeader
Rogue is a better sponge, cause she's gonna absorb a lot of damage from this fight.

I go with Absorbing Man.

roughrider
Creel doesn't absorb someone's power if he touches them, does he? Just inanimate elements. If he touches her, he gets nothing but knocked into a coma by her power. She can fly and quickly zip behind him to touch him if neccessary. Rogue wins.

EsteemedLeader
But he does absorb others powers.

roughrider
Well, if he can absorb Rogue's power, that just might knock them both out, then. They cancel each other.

EsteemedLeader
Well, he can absorb her, and the environment. So he could weaken her and bash her with a stone fist of doom...

roughrider
But by touching her, he's vunerable to her too. She could absorb his psyche and whatnot.

EsteemedLeader
If he's absorbing her powers too, she wouldn't weakan him. And she absorbs the absorbed powers, so...I think it's a paradox.

Metalmanx
Yea. Complete stalemate. They'd absorb each other's powers.

Congrats. I think you've found the one true stalemate on KMC.

GalacticStorm
Creel would absorb the nigh invulnerable properties of Rogues body, but then Rogues power would absorb his power to absorb the properties of anothers body or of the environment. Creel would get knocked out in the process. Rogue would have absorbed his powers and psche temorarily, while he may have absorbed her durability but he'd be in no state to take advantage of it.

DarkCrawler
I think that Rogue could not absorb Absorbing Man's powers...it's magic, isn't it? Given to him by Loki.

But she has also absorbed Thor...

But would their powers cancel eachother? Absorbing Man absorbed Dazzler once and I think he gained her powers.

long pig
How about just hitting her with his wrecking ball?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I think that Rogue could not absorb Absorbing Man's powers...it's magic, isn't it? Given to him by Loki.

Shes absorbed people with mystical abilities before. (Mephisto i believe, although i think he let her i cant remember exactly lol) Shes also absorbed Thor before.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by long pig
How about just hitting her with his wrecking ball?

With his standard strength she'd shrug that off. Hes not enhanced without absorbing something i she?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Shes absorbed people with mystical abilities before. (Mephisto i believe, although i think he let her i cant remember exactly lol) Shes also absorbed Thor before.

Yeah, I remembered that also and edited.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

But she has also absorbed Thor...

But would their powers cancel eachother? Absorbing Man absorbed Dazzler once and I think he gained her powers.

But theyre powers dont work in the same way (i.e they dont both absorb powers and psyches) therefore i think while Rogues power would knock him out, Creels power would give him Rogues durability but he would be in no fit state to use it

long pig
He absorbs the iron ball and chain and it makes him as strong as Thor. So, just hitting her once with it should do it.

Or am I just completely missing the point?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
But theyre powers dont work in the same way (i.e they dont both absorb powers and psyches) therefore i think while Rogues power would knock him out, Creels power would give him Rogues durability but he would be in no fit state to use it

Ok.

But what if Creel would absorb something like steel? Would he be organic? Or inorganic? Like Iceman? (I think that Rogue can't absorb him nowadays)

GalacticStorm
He absorbs the iron ball and chain and it makes him as strong as Thor. So, just hitting her once with it should do it.

But shes not going to hover around and let him hit her is she? Is this thread a fully fledged versus match or is it focused on their absorbing powers?

Whirlysplatt
In the Hulk Creel absorbed a whole islands "mass" he was thousands of tons in weight and proportionally as strong. I don't think Rogue has a chance.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
In the Hulk Creel absorbed a whole islands "mass" he was thousands of tons in weight and proportionally as strong. I don't think Rogue has a chance.

Actually as i recall i think when he tried to do that he actually turned into an island......or something like that that left him incapacitated. It's like the writers hate him. He's always touching stuff and absorbing it by accident. Like glass, water, etc. Poor guy sad

~wickerman~

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Wickerman
Actually as i recall i think when he tried to do that he actually turned into an island......or something like that that left him incapacitated. It's like the writers hate him. He's always touching stuff and absorbing it by accident. Like glass, water, etc. Poor guy sad

~wickerman~

no he didn't its about 1982 - 85 Hulk got mad and tore the island up, its years since I read it. I will find a synopsis - mad hulk tore it to pieces. He then tried absorbing the very earth - Ahh I think your right at the point - on this - at the point he tried to absorb more mass from the earth beyond a certain point he became immobile. Wickerman - your around my age aren't you.

smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Wickerman

~wickerman~
Synopsis found we are both kind of right

The Incredible Hulk #261: The Hulk swims to the deserted Easter Island and collapses, reverting back to Bruce Banner. He is found by the Absorbing Man, who has lost his memory. During a fight with the Avengers, he fell in the ocean and took on the properties of water. He drifted apart and by the time he pulled himself back together when he reached Easter Island, he had lost his mind. Creel picks up the unconscious Bruce to take him back to his hideout because he thinks "they" are out to get him. While walking down a slope, Bruce wakes up and causes both of them to tumble down. Creel changes into stone and forces Bruce to crawl into a hole so that they can hide from "them." They go to a hidden cave underground. When Creel falls asleep, Bruce crawls through another hole to escape. Before he can get out, Creel grabs him from behind while crawling and says that he will stay there until Bruce starves. Bruce turns into the Hulk and jars Creels memories back. During the battle, Creel starts to absorb all parts of the island, including earth, grass, stone, the volcanic core. The Hulk launches the Absorbing Man into the ocean and the shock of having lost again, causes the Absorbing Man to causes his mind to shut down and basically form an island.

He is in a different class to Rogue

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/theabsorbingman.html

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Whirly rock

long pig
Well, Creel has telepathy and in The Incredible Hulk #55, he was actually absorbing people's minds, so Rogue's psyche probably won't be too much for him

Whirlysplatt
Well, Creel has telepathy and in The Incredible Hulk #55, he was actually absorbing people's minds, so Rogue's psyche probably won't be too much for him

Creel is in another class.

long pig
I agree with that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.