Ryu vs Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

legacy92
hey soo takes this ? id say this is klose

Deus Ex
I'd say this is a perfect example of how narrow the field is in these forums for picking characters.

I mean, Ryu and Spiderman? They're both in half a millions thread each. How boring.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Deus Ex
I'd say this is a perfect example of how narrow the field is in these forums for picking characters.

I mean, Ryu and Spiderman? They're both in half a millions thread each. How boring.

hehe yeah I agree. Though just from what I see alot on these forums we will just say Ryu. Cause Ryu seems to own everybody that he goes up against...people just say automatically that Ryu wins.(with the execption of Hoshi)

So Ryu wins. Hell Ryu will beat The Hulk,Superman,Batman,Fantastic Four...yeah thats about the size of it.

Tha C-Master
I don't go around saying "ryu wins, rxoossyars athewroaj"

Ryu doesn'tbeat any of those guys but batman, and maybe thing, or torch.

dvampire
Originally posted by P-Geyser
hehe yeah I agree. Though just from what I see alot on these forums we will just say Ryu. Cause Ryu seems to own everybody that he goes up against...people just say automatically that Ryu wins.(with the execption of Hoshi)

So Ryu wins. Hell Ryu will beat The Hulk,Superman,Batman,Fantastic Four...yeah thats about the size of it.

Man you really hate Ryu don't you?

P-Geyser
Originally posted by dvampire
Man you really hate Ryu don't you?

No I like him it's that man I see people automatically say Ryu wins against anybody and not just here but in other forums as well. One person said any team Ryu is on wins just like that.

legacy92
wow yea i noticed tat they asume ryu is GODLY or sumthin
hey p gersyer but woo do u think would actaully WIN DA REAL match wit not fan boy instinct

P-Geyser
Originally posted by legacy92
wow yea i noticed tat they asume ryu is GODLY or sumthin
hey p gersyer but woo do u think would actaully WIN DA REAL match wit not fan boy instinct

Hmm well in honesty Peter does not or never did have any martial arts training as compared to Ryu so if he were to fight Ryu straight up in hand to hand combat, he would lose.

Though Spidey is able to out think alot of his opponents or "villians". And he does have power and agility thanks only beacuse of his spider powers so he might have the edge in that departement.

Thats my honest opinion but I dont know how if would really start off and which direction it might go.

legacy92
wat about my ken vs wolvie forum
wutcha think go there

P-Geyser
Thats a good one. I see you already made a topic on this.

I have mixed feelings. Ken is up there with Ryu but man Wolverine's durable not to mention his adamantium claws and shit this dude is TOUGH...this guy went toe to toe with The Hulk.

What I can say is that Ken better throw EVERYTHING at the table and not hold NOTHING back and actually go for maybe putting Wolvie out for good than I belive he can take it.

Spelljammer
http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/SF2/Mook/SF2T'Ryu.JPG
I'm hired muscle by the goverment Spiderman! Your creepy crawler ass is going down!
http://posters.westbalkanonline.com/speedlist/FP1089%20SPIDERMAN%20teaser.jpg
Can't we talk about this? I'm a photographer and my wife's a super model. Put two and two together..
Ryu: Math is for non-men! HADOKEN! *Ryu launches a bad ass ki blast which Spidey has to jump away from and slings around with his web shooters and attempts to restrain Ryu with the webs and stands next to him stuck to a building*
Spiderman: Now you'll have to li--*Ryu breaks free and in a blur switches positions and hurls a kick at Spiderman's abodomen and he's hurt but not out and reacts by flinging more webbing and swinging across the building to launch his own kick into Ryu's jaw then shooting webbing at his foot and swinging him round and round letting go to make him go flying into a nearby dumpster trashheap. Ryu quickly recovers and launces another hadoken which Spiderman just barely dodges. Hadoken after Hadoken, only making Ryu grow more fatigue, eventualy, Ryu knows he can't keepup with Spiderman's stealtch and speed, and has to comeup with a plan*
Ryu: Aww man! This thinking stuff hurts! How do sissy, girly, non-tournament fighters do it so much?! *Spiderman jumps infront of Ryu and with a jab to the face knocks him out cold and leaves him tied upside down wrapped in webbing with a sign that says "arrest me"*
Spiderman: What a lamer, you don't see me going around with horrible plotlines and a "dark" version that people seem to love despite how it's grotesquely corny..
http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/pictures/suits/suit1.jpg http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/pictures/suits/suit6.jpg
Oh yeah..

legacy92
lol

Tha C-Master
Thats a good one. I see you already made a topic on this.

I have mixed feelings. Ken is up there with Ryu but man Wolverine's durable not to mention his adamantium claws and shit this dude is TOUGH...this guy went toe to toe with The Hulk.

What I can say is that Ken better throw EVERYTHING at the table and not hold NOTHING back and actually go for maybe putting Wolvie out for good than I belive he can take it. Wolverine is NOTHING to the hulk..

JUst a guy that lifts 800 and regenerates, thats it.

He can be knocked out, and if he regenerates fast he still loses.

So who are these people making peter godly?

Deus Ex
Secret people. They work for Marvel, trying to push sales.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Wolverine is NOTHING to the hulk..

JUst a guy that lifts 800 and regenerates, thats it.

He can be knocked out, and if he regenerates fast he still loses.

So who are these people making peter godly?

Did I actually say that Peter was godly? um....no I did not.

jinzin
ryu hits spiderman so fast spidey's spider sense doesn't even have a chance to go off...

Tha C-Master
Did I actually say that Peter was godly? um....no I did not. Ryu I mean, I asked you three times, and now you respond. Stop chickening out and tell me who's making him godly, because only a handful of people respond here.

And jinzin, how come this doesn't work with wolverine, you swore up and down that spiderman would dodge him.

Enlighten me.

TwisterGameX
Another thread, turned into a Spiderman Vs Wolverine...

Tha C-Master
Well he made it SOOOO apparent that ryu was nothing in a similar thread, now it seems the opposite.

I am curious.

TwisterGameX
What kind of Ryu, are we talking about here. Depending on the Ryu.

Tha C-Master
Hmm people are torn here.

I know there are the versions that blow up mountians and whatnot.

The problem with these threads is that People don't agree on the same medium.

SF people don't want to use bios, or movies, or comics, or game endings.

Ryu kicks his ass though...

TwisterGameX
How fast is Ryu ?

Tha C-Master
Ryu attacks very quickly. He is so adept with his chi that he has superhuman forms of awareness, he is quicker than the quickest.

But in terms of pure speed, and not attacking and countering, spiderman's body is built for more speed.

TwisterGameX
I think his Hadoken leveled a mountain flat.

Tha C-Master
yes

TwisterGameX
Ryu vs Venom

jinzin
in that same thread I said ryu would walk all over spiderman too... my only thing is this..... ryu's good but it takes soooooo much damage to take wolverine out of a fight.... ryu IMO doesn't have what it takes... for instance... spiderman can't walk through magmas lava blast... wolverine can and just sneer at her for her troubles... it's simply a matter of durability....

wolverine has much more durability than spiderman... so he can take multiple attacks and just keep coming... and again it only comes down to him getting one good hit in....I think he can do it... since he's an expert fighter....

ryu can take and dish out punches that rend through titanium doors so I doubt spiderman punches are doing much...

ryu's fast enough to hit bison in mid warp so I doubt spidey's speed is helping him much either...

and spiderman's agility won't matter much to a guy that can presumably levitate...

we already know spiderman has major trouble with good fighters and isn't a fighting genious himself...

finally spidey's webbing won't help him when ryu's battle aura just blasts it off in every direction...

all of spiderman's offensive advantages are not advantages in this fight... and his best offensive weapon is all but useless...

spiderman's defensive advantages are slim but ryu's got so many ways to hit him with omnidirectional energy it's not even funny and spidey doesn't have the durability to handle that...

but wolverine well.... ryu probably can't take him down with those blasts.... it would be a struggle...
h2h at his best wolverine outclasses guys like dd, cap, deadpool and shang chi...so he can hang...

and finally his best offensive weapons (his claws) are something ryu is in no way immune to... again if vega on two occasions can hospitalize ken... it stands to reason that ryu probably won't fare much better against wolverine...

jinzin
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Ryu vs Venom

venom...for the same durability reasons...

unrealman
Venom is weak against sonics and fire.

P-Geyser
Ryu I mean, I asked you three times, and now you respond. Stop chickening out and tell me who's making him godly, because only a handful of people respond here.

And jinzin, how come this doesn't work with wolverine, you swore up and down that spiderman would dodge him.

Enlighten me.

What?!....I never recall you asking about Ryu three times and what the hell..I never did say Ryu was godly Legacy made a note of that. I just sais that people on other forums treat Ryu is if he were unbeatable and godly OK?

jinzin
Originally posted by unrealman
Venom is weak against sonics and fire.

good thing neither of those are in ryu's arsenal eh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

dvampire
Originally posted by jinzin
good thing neither of those are in ryu's arsenal eh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ryu's Shakunestu Hadoken is fire energy (and it's a little stonger than the normal Hadoken because it stunts the opponent for a sec, long enough to make a combo. smile

Tha C-Master
in that same thread I said ryu would walk all over spiderman too... my only thing is this..... ryu's good but it takes soooooo much damage to take wolverine out of a fight.... ryu IMO doesn't have what it takes... for instance... spiderman can't walk through magmas lava blast... wolverine can and just sneer at her for her troubles... it's simply a matter of durability....

wolverine has much more durability than spiderman... so he can take multiple attacks and just keep coming... and again it only comes down to him getting one good hit in....I think he can do it... since he's an expert fighter....

ryu can take and dish out punches that rend through titanium doors so I doubt spiderman punches are doing much...

ryu's fast enough to hit bison in mid warp so I doubt spidey's speed is helping him much either...

and spiderman's agility won't matter much to a guy that can presumably levitate...

we already know spiderman has major trouble with good fighters and isn't a fighting genious himself...

finally spidey's webbing won't help him when ryu's battle aura just blasts it off in every direction...

all of spiderman's offensive advantages are not advantages in this fight... and his best offensive weapon is all but useless...

spiderman's defensive advantages are slim but ryu's got so many ways to hit him with omnidirectional energy it's not even funny and spidey doesn't have the durability to handle that...

but wolverine well.... ryu probably can't take him down with those blasts.... it would be a struggle...
h2h at his best wolverine outclasses guys like dd, cap, deadpool and shang chi...so he can hang...

and finally his best offensive weapons (his claws) are something ryu is in no way immune to... again if vega on two occasions can hospitalize ken... it stands to reason that ryu probably won't fare much better against wolverine... Thanks for replying.

Now what you said all boils down to durability but all those facts you used, give me a solid reason on why wolverine would lose as well IMO.

He has the durability, but he isn't as fast/agile/acrobatic as say balrog *vega*

jinzin
Originally posted by dvampire
Ryu's Shakunestu Hadoken is fire energy (and it's a little stonger than the normal Hadoken because it stunts the opponent for a sec, long enough to make a combo. smile

it's an energy that imitates fire.. but it's still just chi..

jinzin
i disagree... wolverine's shown much better feats of speed... vega may use his agility more often, but i definitely wouldn't count wolvie out there either... worst case scenario, he's not far behind... and acrobatic? isn't that basically the same (or rather a part of) as agility?

brainchild81
it's an energy that imitates fire.. but it's still just chi.. It's chi focused into intense heat. I'm pretty sure he could burn down a house w/it.

Tha C-Master
i disagree... wolverine's shown much better feats of speed... vega may use his agility more often, but i definitely wouldn't count wolvie out there either... worst case scenario, he's not far behind... and acrobatic? isn't that basically the same (or rather a part of) as agility? I've seen vega move faster with less effort myself, and not to forget the reach, and his ability to move away more etc.

Wolverine only truly has a durability advangage, he cant do more damage, or fight better really.

Id say wolverine wins by a lucky stab, (I just woke up and realized I am way off topic) embarrasment

unrealman
Well Dhalsim has a bunch of Fire base attacks .

1 Yoga Stream

2 Yoga Fire

3 Yoga Blast

4 Yoga Tempest

5 Yoga Inferno

Edit: He was given powers by the god of fire,
"Aguni so his fire attacks are mystic base not ki base.

TwisterGameX
Is this Wolverine vs ryu now ?

Tha C-Master
What?!....I never recall you asking about Ryu three times and what the hell..I never did say Ryu was godly Legacy made a note of that. I just sais that people on other forums treat Ryu is if he were unbeatable and godly OK? Who does this?

If I misunderstood my bad of course, I thought you were saying this forum, because people seem to have "remarks" about it.

jinzin
Originally posted by brainchild81
It's chi focused into intense heat. I'm pretty sure he could burn down a house w/it.

no it works more comparible to cylops' blasts...

jinzin
Well Dhalsim has a bunch of Fire base attacks .

1 Yoga Stream

2 Yoga Fire

3 Yoga Blast

4 Yoga Tempest

5 Yoga Inferno

Edit: He was given powers by the god of fire,
"Aguni so his fire attacks are mystic base not ki base.

dalsim is not ryu... dalsim also has mystical abilities... ryu's just got skill...

jinzin
when have you seen vega move that fast? What the f**k?

where?

wolverine bypasses bullets like they're in slow motion... I've NEVER seen vega move that fast... hell vega's not even that great a fighter... he's just got a good weapon that inflicts massive damage....

wolverine has two of em... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

P-Geyser
Who does this?

If I misunderstood my bad of course, I thought you were saying this forum, because people seem to have "remarks" about it.

Yeah. Look I like Ryu I am just saying that I see this thing on alot of other forums and yes a couple of people on this forum as well...like I said one person said that any team with Ryu wins and belive me it is worse on other forums.

jinzin
laughing out loud I believe it.. ryu IS the man though...

Xplosive
Ryu would handle Spider-Man pretty easily.

Tha C-Master
when have you seen vega move that fast? What the f**k?

where?

wolverine bypasses bullets like they're in slow motion... I've NEVER seen vega move that fast... hell vega's not even that great a fighter... he's just got a good weapon that inflicts massive damage....

wolverine has two of em... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Wolverine is not faster than a bullet, he's peak human speed, anything else you saw was to emphasize movement.

Tha C-Master
no it works more comparible to cylops' blasts... Not that I've seen myself....

jinzin
I've never seen ryu's blast set anything aflame..

and wolverine has dodged bullets after they've been fired.. I'm sorry that you have such a hard time admitting that... I mean ryu does it to and that's okay? confused

anyways.... again, where did you get the idea that vega's faster?

Hoshi

and wolverine has dodged bullets after they've been fired.. I'm sorry that you have such a hard time admitting that... I mean ryu does it to and that's okay? confused

true , wolverine dodged bullets, but he couldnt see them as well as ryu does , wolverine dodges the bullets by intinct,ryu sees the bullets, than he dodge them.Vega is fast , but not that fast .But guys like S Akuma ,MBison , Guy with his musou atack,gen are probably as fast as cordera mentioned.And in the games you can choose between the flaming hadouken or the normal one.

Tha C-Master

Nothing wrong with dodging bullets, but your feat had the emphasis that he was FASTER than a bullet.

I have dodged a bullet, but also keep in mind there is a difference from dodging a bullet, and one missing due to the marksmanship of the shooter.

I am not faster than a bullet, alot of modern bullets can break the sound barrier, but the person wielding the gun is as fast as a human, and can only be so accurate. For instance, Spiderman doesn't move and he's hit, but he gets out of the way regardless, thats dodging.

Something to remember.

jinzin
Originally posted by Hoshi
true , wolverine dodged bullets, but he couldnt see them as well as ryu does , wolverine dodges the bullets by intinct,ryu sees the bullets, than he dodge them.Vega is fast , but not that fast .

i agree with this much... unless wolverine's in a berserker rage.. that's when bullets literally appear to be in slow motion to wolverine's senses...

jinzin
cordera.. when wolverine went to afganistan and started killing terrorists there.. a guy shot at his face.. wolverine tilted hi head after the bullet was fired.. and the bullet missed him..... something to consider...

TwisterGameX
Superman is faster than a speeding bullet....it says so in his song..

legacy92
superman ?

Tha C-Master
cordera.. when wolverine went to afganistan and started killing terrorists there.. a guy shot at his face.. wolverine tilted hi head after the bullet was fired.. and the bullet missed him..... something to consider... I know he can dodge a bullet, but are you about to tell me he's faster than one, hmm?

jinzin
i'm not saying wolverine's about to outrun a damn bullet.. but he's been shown to easily deflect them out of the air with his claws...

Darkstorm Zero
What the heck? I thought this was a "Spiderman vs Ryu" thread... not a Wolverine vs Ryu" thread... Gone a bit off topic?

jinzin
nah it's basically a spidey vs. wolvie thread now....

it's what happens whenever me and cordera are in the same thread...

laughing out loud

Darkstorm Zero
Ah I see... Carry on... *Goes back out the door quickly*

jinzin
laughing out loud

Tha C-Master
i'm not saying wolverine's about to outrun a damn bullet.. but he's been shown to easily deflect them out of the air with his claws... He's not fast enough to make them in slow motion either, thats to emphasize movement, he's been shown to deflect them and not to.

Captain america does it alot, but the bullets ALWAYS hit his shield for some reason.

Hadoken isn't a bullet so...

Hoshi
maybe he can see things in a small slow motion, but that wont work against a guy that can do it better than him .

Tha C-Master
He can't, which I find funny because even spiderman didnt' have a mild "matrix time".

Yea wolverine is fast, but he's not incredible when it comes to speed.

Hoshi
spider and ryu has the same speed ,the same power but spider lacks in techn and exp against a guy like ryu, even with the spider sence he wont be able to win , he might cause some trouble , but he wont win

brainchild81
And in the games you can choose between the flaming hadouken or the normal one. I was about to post thatsad

legacy92
yet still kan spidy put up a fite does he have a chance ??!?

brainchild81
Originally posted by Spelljammer
http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/SF2/Mook/SF2T'Ryu.JPG
I'm hired muscle by the goverment Spiderman! Your creepy crawler ass is going down!
http://posters.westbalkanonline.com/speedlist/FP1089%20SPIDERMAN%20teaser.jpg
Can't we talk about this? I'm a photographer and my wife's a super model. Put two and two together..
Ryu: Math is for non-men! HADOKEN! *Ryu launches a bad ass ki blast which Spidey has to jump away from and slings around with his web shooters and attempts to restrain Ryu with the webs and stands next to him stuck to a building*
Spiderman: Now you'll have to li--*Ryu breaks free and in a blur switches positions and hurls a kick at Spiderman's abodomen and he's hurt but not out and reacts by flinging more webbing and swinging across the building to launch his own kick into Ryu's jaw then shooting webbing at his foot and swinging him round and round letting go to make him go flying into a nearby dumpster trashheap. Ryu quickly recovers and launces another hadoken which Spiderman just barely dodges. Hadoken after Hadoken, only making Ryu grow more fatigue, eventualy, Ryu knows he can't keepup with Spiderman's speed, and has to comeup with a plan*
Ryu: *Spiderman jumps infront of Ryu and with a jab to the face knocks him out cold and leaves him tied upside down wrapped in webbing with a sign that says "arrest me"*

Oh yeah.. Kind of like this

jinzin
a hadoken isn't a bullet you're right about that.. it's also not nearly as fast as a bullet.. or destructive as a hulk punch..

Tha C-Master
a hadoken isn't a bullet you're right about that.. it's also not nearly as fast as a bullet.. or destructive as a hulk punch.. We aren't going to start using PIS again to support our arguments, after wolverine has problems with daredevil and an old guy with a cane.

Wolverine isn't a hulk level character, bottom line, he just isn't. You got a character who has done some of the most amazing things in marvel, and a superstar character taking his blows without falling, later in his career.

Remember some of those "glancing" blows? Yea.

Hoshi
a hadoken isn't a bullet you're right about that.. it's also not nearly as fast as a bullet.. or destructive as a hulk punch..

but ryu wont shoot his hadouken like bullets, he would wait untill spider let his guard open for shoot him .And if spider man receive a hulk punch he will be turn on a pizza.

Tha C-Master
he's talking about wolverine and his ability to randomly and recently been able to digest hulk punches.

Hoshi
what wolverine is doing in a ryu vs spider thread?

TwisterGameX
lol no clue, but Ryu kills spiderman and his spidersense.

legacy92
wuts PIS mean ? confused

jinzin
plot induced stupidity.. when a character or event does something that logically shouldn't happen for the advancement of the plot...

wolverine taking hulk punches is not random nor recent.. he's been doing it since his first appearance.. and I'm not talking about the galancing blow.. how about when hulk chucked him to the ground with an I quote "shattering force"? hmmmmm.

face it, the guy can take punches from bricks.. just cause you don't like it, it doesn't change the fact..

Tha C-Master
plot induced stupidity.. when a character or event does something that logically shouldn't happen for the advancement of the plot...

wolverine taking hulk punches is not random nor recent.. he's been doing it since his first appearance.. and I'm not talking about the galancing blow.. how about when hulk chucked him to the ground with an I quote "shattering force"? hmmmmm.

face it, the guy can take punches from bricks.. just cause you don't like it, it doesn't change the fact.. But we are going to neglect the history of another character?

We've had this talk, occurences doesn't dictate pic, and wolverine can take punches from bricks.

Batman has hit flash before, flash gets hit by boomerangs, are we going to take that part of history and use it exclusively.

Its just that you make it seem like hulk can BARELY beat him when we know that is far from the case.

jinzin
dude.. did i say hulk can barely beat him? What the f**k?

not at all.. what I've been saying is that wolverine can take brick hits.. and he can and has no matter how many times you claim otherwise.. your opinion on the matter does not dictate the capabilities of the character...

again bringin up flash and boomerangs when you've nothing else to say...

well other people have already tried to explain to you HOW those events have taken place.. but you haven't listened to them, so I heavily doubt you'll listen to me...

Tha C-Master
dude.. did i say hulk can barely beat him? What the f**k?

You in many threads have convinced yourself that he was a stutter step away from him, and if he had only a strength boost, that he could take hulk, and guys like wrecker and such.

So yes, you consistently use evidence where wolverine "almost killed" hulk, or hulk got a "cheap shot" on wolverine.

While neglecting otherwise.

not at all.. what I've been saying is that wolverine can take brick hits..

When did I not say this? Go find where I said he couldn't and point this out to me, thanks.

and he can and has no matter how many times you claim otherwise.. your opinion on the matter does not dictate the capabilities of the character...

Um I didnt claim otherwise, but there is a vast difference in the bricks from marvel universe.

Comically of course he can take them and not flinch.

Logically he's gone in a different state, period.

In fact I remember you by your OWN admission saying that anyone class 60 and up will ko him.

Do you understand what a concussion is? Or the difference in types of damage?

again bringin up flash and boomerangs when you've nothing else to say...

You don't remember the correlation between pis/ frequency. I am sincerely convinced that you aren't sure of the definition, because you say stuff like wolverine catching guys that move at light speed.

At least you arent that guy saying wolverine beats lobo, because he DID.

well other people have already tried to explain to you HOW those events have taken place.. but you haven't listened to them, so I heavily doubt you'll listen to me...

I've tried to explain to you that wolverine can be indeed taken down in various ways, many superheroes have taken hits from hulk.

Spiderman, DD, and Cap.

I guess that means that anything LESS than that particular amount of damage is rendered ineffective, hmm?

Do you see whats wrong with using that premise?

jinzin
it's not my fault that SINCE HIS FIRST FRIGGIN APPEARANCE, wolverine has given hulk a hell of a hard time... the fact of that matter is that wolverine really only needs a decent strength boost to become about 200% more battle effective, and it's been proven on several occasions.. again. not my fault.. you seem to think that my conclusions that I've made about the characters we're discussing are simply one's I've just made up in my head when that's not the case... all you do, all you ever do is argue how you want the characters to be, how you think they should be.. but it simply doesn't work like that.. characters are associated with the things that they have done.. and with the exception of hyperboles, we begin to develop an understanding of said character from consistent feats.. logan taking it mano y mano to hulk is one of them... if it wasn't... then why in the hell does wolverine have a winning record over hulk according to marvel? huh

I use evidence of wolverine taking it to hulk to show that he can indeed do it despite what most people may think.. but even I've conceded logan should be losing 7 out of 10.

I use the "chap shot" argument because I can tell that you are making an inference on a situation where your will to comment on said situation was more powerful than your knowledge to do so, even though your inference is misleading and incorrect.. I'm trying to help you further understand how those events came about rather than sit here and let you only use those parts of events that you think are relivent...

(since I can't take you off ignore..I can't quote you) but you constantly insinuate that wolverine can't take brick shots.. like in your post above.. about logans recent and random ability to take brick shots... an ability which is neither/nor...

and i admitted that if logan were to just stand there and let a super strong character hit him in the face without fighting back, or moving.. that it becomes more likely than not that he'll get KOed by a 60 ton lifter.. in a fight that changes dramatically...

and yes I understand what a concussion is.. what you don't seem to understand is that logan doesn't get them from even brick shots.. perhaps it's lack of acceptance, perhaps both... meh...

I only say things like wolverine catching light speed characters.. when the equally retarded "spiderman will dodge everything ever" argument starts to become apparent.. and to demonstrate that logan does indeed have some amount of skill/speed/and reflexes to be able to do that in the first place....

i have no argument that wolverine can be taken down, it's just that in these battles both characters are at their best (not just the anti-wolverine protagonist as is always assumed) and in that notion, taking wolvie down is something that's very very hard to do...

now as far as your last statement.. dd and cap have nothing to little to do with this debate so i fail to see their relivence.. they've taken glancing blows from him, nothing more.. but they also have other factors that helped in their survival....

now the only way that conclusion you made works is if my premise was that hulks blows were innefectual against wolverine... but that's not the case whatsoever.... it's just that wolverine has several tools which help him to keep taking the blows and wheather the damage that's being done to him so that he can take some more....

Tha C-Master
it's not my fault that SINCE HIS FIRST FRIGGIN APPEARANCE, wolverine has given hulk a hell of a hard time... the fact of that matter is that wolverine really only needs a decent strength boost to become about 200% more battle effective, and it's been proven on several occasions.. again. not my fault.. you seem to think that my conclusions that I've made about the characters we're discussing are simply one's I've just made up in my head when that's not the case... all you do, all you ever do is argue how you want the characters to be, how you think they should be.. but it simply doesn't work like that.. characters are associated with the things that they have done.. and with the exception of hyperboles, we begin to develop an understanding of said character from consistent feats.. logan taking it mano y mano to hulk is one of them... if it wasn't... then why in the hell does wolverine have a winning record over hulk according to marvel? huh

I use evidence of wolverine taking it to hulk to show that he can indeed do it despite what most people may think.. but even I've conceded logan should be losing 7 out of 10.

I use the "chap shot" argument because I can tell that you are making an inference on a situation where your will to comment on said situation was more powerful than your knowledge to do so, even though your inference is misleading and incorrect.. I'm trying to help you further understand how those events came about rather than sit here and let you only use those parts of events that you think are relivent...

(since I can't take you off ignore..I can't quote you) but you constantly insinuate that wolverine can't take brick shots.. like in your post above.. about logans recent and random ability to take brick shots... an ability which is neither/nor...

and i admitted that if logan were to just stand there and let a super strong character hit him in the face without fighting back, or moving.. that it becomes more likely than not that he'll get KOed by a 60 ton lifter.. in a fight that changes dramatically...

and yes I understand what a concussion is.. what you don't seem to understand is that logan doesn't get them from even brick shots.. perhaps it's lack of acceptance, perhaps both... meh...

I only say things like wolverine catching light speed characters.. when the equally retarded "spiderman will dodge everything ever" argument starts to become apparent.. and to demonstrate that logan does indeed have some amount of skill/speed/and reflexes to be able to do that in the first place....
i have no argument that wolverine can be taken down, it's just that in these battles both characters are at their best (not just the anti-wolverine protagonist as is always assumed) and in that notion, taking wolvie down is something that's very very hard to do...
now as far as your last statement.. dd and cap have nothing to little to do with this debate so i fail to see their relivence.. they've taken glancing blows from him, nothing more.. but they also have other factors that helped in their survival....
now the only way that conclusion you made works is if my premise was that hulks blows were innefectual against wolverine... but that's not the case whatsoever.... it's just that wolverine has several tools which help him to keep taking the blows and wheather the damage that's being done to him so that he can take some more....

Jinzin what the hell are you talking about?

Where did I say he couldn't take brick shots.

You by your own admission have said these things, and its not about "what happened", you can type long posts about one characters history and completely ignore the other.

To top it off little of your posts go with the rules.

How I want them to be? Well its a logical match, and that is used by reason to induce, using crossover matches and discarding commons sense when it suits you doesnt help.

You want to look at wolverine's history, well how about hulks. 'The character that has stretched the cosmic cube? You constantly make wolverine out to be more durable than a mountain, and fueling your arguments with blatantly bad writing.

For example, namor. You ignore the OBVIOUS commons sense that the character can simply fly away and at LEAST stalemate wolverine, and favor it for matches that are plain stupid writings.

Namor lifts over 100 tons, wolverine weighs 300 lbs, do the math. Obviously marvel didn't.

I like you and all but its like you seem to think that characters can do these same things abiding by the rules, you need to stop amping lightweighters beyond their abilities. I also found it cute how cyke has owned wolverine multiple times IN the comic and people still complained.

Oh and for the record, wolverine HAS taken a glancing blow from hulk, and fell out. Like he logically should, because no matter how high the damage is and he gets back, once he's ko'ed he's koe'd

Wolverine isn't hte only marvel character to be hit by bricks, stop acting like he is.

He isn't a better fighter than ryu, nor stronger, nor anything, but he still somehow wins.

Okey dokey.

Oh and why doesn't wolverine get a concussion?

Humor me...

TwisterGameX
Spiderman vs Ryu thread....not wolverine

Tha C-Master
Thanks for that pearl o wisdom.

Me and jinzin always do this its healthy, he'll say I've never read a comic before and put me on ignore soon. laughing out loud

smile good stuff.

jinzin
I just told you where you were implying he couldn't take hits from the hulk... you yourself have stated NUMEROUS times that you think it only takes glancing blows from the hulk to put wolverine down even though that's never been the case.. EVER...

again logic runs on a set of principles and rules... logan uses a different set of them since he lives in a fictional world.. duh....
the only way you apply logic is when you apply it to wolverine ignoring everything else that the anti-wolvie protangonist has that makes them illogical characters...
and I am looking at hulk's history... not once in over 30 years, in their 13 to 14 fights has hulk ONCE made short work of logan without breaking a sweat.. logan's simply always been a tough opponent for hulk..get over it... if you're calling wolverine's first appearance bad writing despite it being the characters introdeuction well then I can't help you.. you only seem to use the bad writing theory as evidence when you don't like something wolverine's done.. hmmm..

flying away for namor is not a win.... confused lol.... and who said he can't stalemate logan? I just don't think he can win a fight with wolverine more times than not.. and wolverine's proven it... and again you ignore the fact that every brick match is bad writing since their punches don't send them flying away every time... why does this rule only apply to wolverine? not to mention the fact that A)class 70 characters have hurt their hands on wolvie's face... B) namor was hitting logan at a downward angle.. hitting him at the opposing angle of wolverine's stance and balance... when he hit wolverine upward logan did go flying...
i wasn't one of the people that was trying to argue that wolverine could win vs cyk.. I was just getting sick of them using non 616 examples... of which they have yet to provide to this day....
back to the glancing blow thing... hulk already launched a chained up and bound wolverine to the ground with earth shattering force.. (lets see spiderman get up from that) THEN he hit logan in the side of the head while logan wasn't looking.. seems like you keep ignoring the earth shattering force thing and simply focus on the glancing blow part cause it suites you... pretty damned subjective if you ask me...

and I'm acting like wolverine is the only guy to get hit by bricks? what? What the f**k? no I'm not.. that doesn't even make sense...

he's a fighter who can fight with ryu and do well.. he's better than fei long.. a fighter who gave ryu a fit of a time in h2h... he's DEFINITELY better than vega who beat ken twice in h2h (ken..the same guy who's nearly on par with ryu himself)...
stronger? ryu hit's with more descructive force.. logan KOes 70 class lifters with his bare fists... but nothing has ever shown ryu to actually have more physical strength than wolverine.. he's not about to lift more than logan if that's what you mean...

wolverine is more durable, has better stamina, has weapons that guarantee a 1 hit wound or KO, excellent fighting ability, excellent speed.... but really.. all he needs here is his durability.. and he has an abundance of that...
I've already explained ON MULTIPLE occasions why wolvie doesn't get concussions.. if you were too lazy to read those great number of posts back then I have serious doubts you'll pay any attention to them now...

unrealman
Actually Ryu lifts this up in Oro's Third Strike ending

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=79605

a boulder the size of a pickup truck weighs 10 to 20 tons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Coco_J/sf3oroend1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Coco_J/sf3oroend5.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Coco_J/sf3oroend6.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Coco_J/sf3oroend12.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Coco_J/sf3oroend13.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Coco_J/sf3oroend14.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Coco_J/sf3oroend15.png

unrealman
Ryu's shinshoryuken is stronger than Balrog's Gigaton blow which is powerful enough to kill a elephant.

Ki + raw physical strength = 20 + tons of force which is more than a enough to crush a man's skull like a melon.

Darkstorm Zero
Well, since Oro's ending is considered Canon, I guess Ryu's a 20 ton lifter at the moment.

I'd say this gives Ryu the strength advantage by FAR

jinzin
that boulder looks far from the size of a pickup truck..rocks of that size are about 1,000 to 2,000 pounds at most... that hardly makes ryu a 20 ton lifter...

but it is an impressive feat nonetheless..

unrealman
Acutally it's the size a small car which still makes it weigh 10 tons.

jinzin
an 86 ford escort maybe... I'm still not seeing how that weighs 10 tons.. rocks of roughly a forth of it's size weight up to 600 pounds... that doesn't put it into the 10 ton range.... unless it's some super dense rock that I don't know about...

Tha C-Master
Ryu's shinshoryuken is stronger than Balrog's Gigaton blow which is powerful enough to kill a elephant.

Ki + raw physical strength = 20 + tons of force which is more than a enough to crush a man's skull like a melon. You remind me of dvampire...

Tha C-Master
I just told you where you were implying he couldn't take hits from the hulk... you yourself have stated NUMEROUS times that you think it only takes glancing blows from the hulk to put wolverine down even though that's never been the case.. EVER...

again logic runs on a set of principles and rules... logan uses a different set of them since he lives in a fictional world.. duh....
the only way you apply logic is when you apply it to wolverine ignoring everything else that the anti-wolvie protangonist has that makes them illogical characters...
and I am looking at hulk's history... not once in over 30 years, in their 13 to 14 fights has hulk ONCE made short work of logan without breaking a sweat.. logan's simply always been a tough opponent for hulk..get over it... if you're calling wolverine's first appearance bad writing despite it being the characters introdeuction well then I can't help you.. you only seem to use the bad writing theory as evidence when you don't like something wolverine's done.. hmmm..

flying away for namor is not a win.... confused lol.... and who said he can't stalemate logan? I just don't think he can win a fight with wolverine more times than not.. and wolverine's proven it... and again you ignore the fact that every brick match is bad writing since their punches don't send them flying away every time... why does this rule only apply to wolverine? not to mention the fact that A)class 70 characters have hurt their hands on wolvie's face... B) namor was hitting logan at a downward angle.. hitting him at the opposing angle of wolverine's stance and balance... when he hit wolverine upward logan did go flying...
i wasn't one of the people that was trying to argue that wolverine could win vs cyk.. I was just getting sick of them using non 616 examples... of which they have yet to provide to this day....
back to the glancing blow thing... hulk already launched a chained up and bound wolverine to the ground with earth shattering force.. (lets see spiderman get up from that) THEN he hit logan in the side of the head while logan wasn't looking.. seems like you keep ignoring the earth shattering force thing and simply focus on the glancing blow part cause it suites you... pretty damned subjective if you ask me...

and I'm acting like wolverine is the only guy to get hit by bricks? what? What the f**k? no I'm not.. that doesn't even make sense...

he's a fighter who can fight with ryu and do well.. he's better than fei long.. a fighter who gave ryu a fit of a time in h2h... he's DEFINITELY better than vega who beat ken twice in h2h (ken..the same guy who's nearly on par with ryu himself)...
stronger? ryu hit's with more descructive force.. logan KOes 70 class lifters with his bare fists... but nothing has ever shown ryu to actually have more physical strength than wolverine.. he's not about to lift more than logan if that's what you mean...

wolverine is more durable, has better stamina, has weapons that guarantee a 1 hit wound or KO, excellent fighting ability, excellent speed.... but really.. all he needs here is his durability.. and he has an abundance of that...
I've already explained ON MULTIPLE occasions why wolvie doesn't get concussions.. if you were too lazy to read those great number of posts back then I have serious doubts you'll pay any attention to them now...

Umm on the hulk thing the only reason I did that to you was to show you that feat wars aren't a good source for argument.

If someone says, "wolverine beat up xxxx" I usually say something like, "namor beat the ff" the ff fought galactus.

I'm not discussing the characters, I'm debating them, period. IF you want to talk about the fact of it happening, I don't care. If you want to discuss why its absurd, then I'll listen. Weve told you time and time again that pis doesn't have a number modifier and you think it makes a character who it is, thats fine. It isn't up for debate however.

Now wolverine isn't as good, focused, or determined a fighter as ryu. He doesn't have the level of awareness, the application, the range, the distance, and the perception of him.

He shouldn't get close.

unrealman
Well I saw a 8 ton boulder once that was the size of a 50 inch tv on the net.

http://www.rockfordortho.com/Images/landscape_slideshow/slideshow_lan5.htm

http://www.fpc.unc.edu/images/Construction/ITS%20Building/022105/0217051.jpg

http://www.2dorks.com/gallery/2004/boulder/

unrealman
8 ton / 16,000 pound boulder

http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boulder31tr.jpg

10 ton / 20,000 boulder

http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boulder84pv.jpg

Oro's Boulder

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boulder61eg.jpg

600 pound Boulder

http://www.hampton.lib.nh.us/hampton/images/parks/Runic2.jpg

Edit: from Biggest to Smallest

1st 10 ton Boulder

2nd Oro's Boulder

3rd the 8 ton Boulder

4th 600 pound boulder

unrealman
http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boulder105sb.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boulder85kb.png

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boulder209db.jpg

http://img346.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boulder211sj.jpg

http://img270.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boulder308fw.jpg

http://img270.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boulder286sc.jpg

Edit: this is close to what the boulder actually looks like on a tv.

unrealman
http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1909eh.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic103yd.jpg

unrealman
edit: Here are better comparison pics.

unrealman
http://img275.imageshack.us/my.php?image=siso14pb.jpg

http://img275.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1319fj.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic346on.jpg

dvampire
Nice pics of Ryu's strength Unrealman! thumb up

Deus Ex
Very nice.

jinzin
wow.. after further evaluation I concede.. this is by far an impressive strength feat for ryu indeed.. although I will still say this.. it's hard to say just how heavy that rock was... and it's contingent on the rock's density.. this rock for instance... only weighs 600 pounds...

unrealman
Actually found something out : Ryu is stand on top of a Hill or a really huge rock.

which means ryu not only lift the boulder but carry it up the hill as well.

edit: of course I don't know how he got up there he could have climb or jump up there for all I know.

legacy92
how much Diffulkty would Ryu in counter facing Spidy ?
and Vis versa

legacy92
new?

legacy92
bumps

Hoshi
ryu and spider would have a rough time counter each other , spider has his spider sense , and ryu has the ability of predicting the oponents moves thanks to his training .But ryu has a lot more experience on fighting , he trained all his life to be like he is now, spider just received his powers from an spider.

Sonic x 20
Yeah, and Spider-Man can Wall-Crawl, but Ryu can still take him. I don't know how much Spider-Man's Webbing will help and work against Ryu.

Inspectah Deck
You remind me of dvampire...

laughing He reminds me of DarkCrawler

Acrosurge
Well, Spider-Man has hung in there with some tough foes in his time and its all due to his power set. I think his class 15 superhuman strength, reflexes, and spider-sense would be enough to trump anything Ryu can toss at him. Peter's reflexes operate 40 times faster than a regular human.

As for martial arts, Ryu is clearly superior, but Spider-Man is no slouch. He's recently been training with Captain America to increase his combat skills. Cap is the best unarmed combatant in the Marvel Universe, for those that do not know.

This fight isn't really a matter of webbing and martial arts. Its more strength and speed. I believe Spidey is superior in both categories.

Hoshi
if you are talking about martial arts , even captain america would be an amateur compared to ryu .Spider man uses his super agility and speed to defend himself, but ryu uses his ablity to predict the flown of chi ,so i consider that in agility point they would be stalemated , since spider has his so called agility and ryu can predict his moves.In strengh they are probaly are stalemated since ryu can lift huge rocks as shown in the games.Spiders web wouldnt even be a problem since ryu can destroy it easily with a ki blast or a hadouken.

Acrosurge
if you are talking about martial arts , even captain america would be an amateur compared to ryu .Spider man uses his super agility and speed to defend himself, but ryu uses his ablity to predict the flown of chi ,so i consider that in agility point they would be stalemated , since spider has his so called agility and ryu can predict his moves.In strengh they are probaly are stalemated since ryu can lift huge rocks as shown in the games.Spiders web wouldnt even be a problem since ryu can destroy it easily with a ki blast or a hadouken. Ryu may surpass Cap in MA, but I find it difficult to believe Ryu's actually a better fighter. Taking down expert martial artists (even high end chi channelers) is like childsplay for Steve, though that's neighter here, nor there, since this is Spidey vs Ryu.

Agility? Spider-Man dodges automatic gunfire after it has left the barrel. Strength: I've heard about the rock Ryu has lifted. Has he lifted subway cars, trucks, and tanks? Spider-Man has. I agree about the webbing; Ryu should be able to counter that easily.

Hoshi
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Ryu may surpass Cap in MA, but I find it difficult to believe Ryu's actually a better fighter. Taking down expert martial artists (even high end chi channelers) is like childsplay for Steve, though that's neighter here, nor there, since this is Spidey vs Ryu.

Agility? Spider-Man dodges automatic gunfire after it has left the barrel. Strength: I've heard about the rock Ryu has lifted. Has he lifted subway cars, trucks, and tanks? Spider-Man has. I agree about the webbing; Ryu should be able to counter that easily.

c america never fought ma as tough as ryu has to face all the time. Ryu has lift a rock that probaly is as heavy as a car and climbed a mountain with it in his back.Ryu dodged bullets with the eyes closed easily.He can punch a person more than 15 times and the person will only notice the impact after a few moments.

legacy92
new ?

Ryu The World W
ryu could beat spiderman hes beaten ken who is super quick, and adon who are both very quick strikers , so in my opinion if ryu can beat those guys then he has a good chance of taking spiderman but it would b tough for him in the beginning, he would have to wear him down, spiderman is known to have a stamina problem in some of his fights, against venom, and scorpion

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Ryu The World W
ryu could beat spiderman hes beaten ken who is super quick, and adon who are both very quick strikers , so in my opinion if ryu can beat those guys then he has a good chance of taking spiderman but it would b tough for him in the beginning, he would have to wear him down, spiderman is known to have a stamina problem in some of his fights, against venom, and scorpion I know we touched on this earlier, but the thing that makes Spider-Man so dangerous is his combination of speed (40+ x peak Human), strength (class 15 Superhuman), and most importantly, his Spider-Sense. Really, I don't see that Ken or Adon come anywhere close to Spider-Man's agility. Even if they did, they lack his Spider-Sense and super-human equilibrium.

Venom and Scorpion? Venom is quite a bit faster and twice as strong as Spider-Man. His proximity also dampens the Spider-Sense, which takes away one of Spidey's best weapons.

Scorpion? Stronger and faster than Spider-Man. Both Venom and Scorpion are Spidey's physical superiors, so of course they would wear away at Spidey's stamina. I don't see that this means that Spidey would have stamina problems fighting Ryu.

IcePunk
Ryu wins 7/10

Acrosurge
Originally posted by IcePunk
Ryu wins 7/10 At least this one is closer than Ryu vs Superman. Ugh.

Tha C-Master
Which ryu, because it makes a difference.

Jose123
c america never fought ma as tough as ryu has to face all the time. Ryu has lift a rock that probaly is as heavy as a car and climbed a mountain with it in his back.Ryu dodged bullets with the eyes closed easily.He can punch a person more than 15 times and the person will only notice the impact after a few moments.

so he's a low level speedster? nothing Spider-man hasn't faced and won against. he's still not as agile as spider-man either.

So he's strong. still not as strong as spider-man.

So he dodges with his eyes closed. Spider-man can do that to and has been doing it for the 10 years of his superhero carrier.

Spidey takes this 8/10 times.

And I read a couple of post back that ryu could just detect and figure out what spider-man next move is going to be. Not going to happen.
Even spider-man doesn't know what move he's going to do next most of the time. His spider sense makes him move on instinct and is what allows him to dodge bullets. If high tech super computers designed to study and predict his every move and armed with weapons still couldn't hit him what makes you think Ryu could figure out his moves.

legacy92
Which ryu, because it makes a difference.

Capcom Ryu
not the ninja

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Jose123
so he's a low level speedster? nothing Spider-man hasn't faced and won against. he's still not as agile as spider-man either.

So he's strong. still not as strong as spider-man.

So he dodges with his eyes closed. Spider-man can do that to and has been doing it for the 10 years of his superhero carrier.

Spidey takes this 8/10 times.

And I read a couple of post back that ryu could just detect and figure out what spider-man next move is going to be. Not going to happen.
Even spider-man doesn't know what move he's going to do next most of the time. His spider sense makes him move on instinct and is what allows him to dodge bullets. If high tech super computers designed to study and predict his every move and armed with weapons still couldn't hit him what makes you think Ryu could figure out his moves.
I agree with this guy. Spider-Man has this fight.

Jose123
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
I agree with this guy. Spider-Man has this fight.

Thanks.

So does this board move slow or does no one care about this match anymore?

Jose123
I guess no one cares.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.