Ken vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

legacy92
soo woo wins this ... i say Ken takes this jus my thought correct me if otherwise

brainchild81
No need. You're right. Ken'd roast him.

Mako Victim
I'd be leaning a little more toward Wolverine in this one, he's got razor sharp claws that puts Vegas to shame, plus his healing factor...

legacy92
bump

SnakeEyes
Wolverine wins. Ken sucks... stick out tongue

peejayd
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Wolverine wins. Ken sucks... stick out tongue

* Ken wins. Wolverine sucks... stick out tongue

* both can go berserk, but Ken got the upper hand, Ken wins 9/10

* 1/10 due to Logan's healing factor and adamantium blah, blah...

brainchild81
Neither suck. Ken still wins.

AdventChild
no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really hope no wolverine fanboys show up cause if that happens, well, this thread might as well be closed...HAVE ANY OF YOU TRIED HOLDING A DISSCUSSION WITH A WOLVERINE FANBOY!!!!!!!!

IT"S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

legacy92
lmao
i hope they show make this debate more interesting !!!

Deus Ex
Originally posted by AdventChild
no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really hope no wolverine fanboys show up cause if that happens, well, this thread might as well be closed...HAVE ANY OF YOU TRIED HOLDING A DISSCUSSION WITH A WOLVERINE FANBOY!!!!!!!!

IT"S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

lmfao

Mako Victim

IT"S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

If your just gonna bring up the fanboy shit you may as well just change your name to "gay for Ken".. Most Dorks here bash Wolverine anyway for the stupidest reasons, but the true Wolverine fans are out doing cooler shit like getting drunk, and fighting in PRIDE/FC.... So blow your nose, pull up your glasses, shine your pocket protecter, and go play dress up pretending to be Ken, then come back her to KMC "little ***** with to much time on there hands" and waste your life making fun Wolverine just cause he manages to somehow beat the shit out of everyone.........

Inspectah Deck
Ken wins unanimously

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Mako Victim
If your just gonna bring up the fanboy shit you may as well just change your name to "gay for Ken".. Most Dorks here bash Wolverine anyway for the stupidest reasons, but the true Wolverine fans are out doing cooler shit like getting drunk, and fighting in PRIDE/FC.... So blow your nose, pull up your glasses, shine your pocket protecter, and go play dress up pretending to be Ken, then come back her to KMC "little ***** with to much time on there hands" and waste your life making fun Wolverine just cause he manages to somehow beat the shit out of everyone.........

This is a ridiculous post, and it makes you sound suspiciously like a Wolverine fanboy since you answered the challenge. Nice job.

SnakeEyes
Just to let everyone know, I was pretty much being sarcastic about my post. I don't know much about Ken, but he could very well win. I do, however, think Wolvie is much cooler.

Hit_and_Miss
wolverbertine has tomansyws pawers hes goet the uber upeter but thats oked supeermas... batswen is scared of wolveriness as he can real... hese survivved haing his heads cut off on a daily basis.... wolverin 11.3/10

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
wolverbertine has tomansyws pawers hes goet the uber upeter but thats oked supeermas... batswen is scared of wolveriness as he can real... hese survivved haing his heads cut off on a daily basis.... wolverin 11.3/10

WTF? Learn how to type.

Hit_and_Miss
that was my impression of a fanboy!... hehe you know well enough I can type! wink

Deus Ex
I thought you were drunk and leaning on the keyboard.

Hit_and_Miss
I struggled but I managed to stoop to the level of fanboy typing...

AdventChild

mmmm...mmmmm
Fanboy.....(Case Closed, and Point Proven)
btw...
I'm a girl...
If i offended you, you simply could have said so....
There was no need for you to be so hostile and acting like so can get you reported. And as far as i can see your bashing on me. stating

"So blow your nose, pull up your glasses, shine your pocket protecter, and go play dress up pretending to be ken, then come back her to KMC little ***** with to much time on there hands and waste your life making fun of wolverine just cause he manages to somehow beat the shit out of everyone".........just be glad i'm not the type to report people cause reporting this would lead to being warning and watched by moderators so i suggest you stop while you're ahead...
Oh, and proper grammer wouldn't hurt either.. wink

AdventChild
wolverbertine has tomansyws pawers hes goet the uber upeter but thats oked supeermas... batswen is scared of wolveriness as he can real... hese survivved haing his heads cut off on a daily basis.... wolverin 11.3/10 laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud
Simply
HILARIOUS!!!!!!!11

peejayd
* Logan's flesh would be burned by the flaming dragon punch of Ken...

* Ken wins...

Hit_and_Miss
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud
Simply
HILARIOUS!!!!!!!11

I know, I know.... I'm quite the comedy legend!!!!

Don't you just love fanboys!!!! almost as good entertainment as Advent child...

AdventChild
I know, I know.... I'm quite the comedy legend!!!!

Don't you just love fanboys!!!! almost as good entertainment as Advent child...
Lol! ha! hey maybe we should get some wolvie fanboys here...it maybe fun!

Hit_and_Miss
ya have to trick them into thinkin that the thread won't be a bash fest first....

Tha C-Master

IT"S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!! Yep, its how I got my name...

If your just gonna bring up the fanboy shit you may as well just change your name to "gay for Ken".. Most Dorks here bash Wolverine anyway for the stupidest reasons, but the true Wolverine fans are out doing cooler shit like getting drunk, and fighting in PRIDE/FC.... So blow your nose, pull up your glasses, shine your pocket protecter, and go play dress up pretending to be Ken, then come back her to KMC "little ***** with to much time on there hands" and waste your life making fun Wolverine just cause he manages to somehow beat the shit out of everyone......... Wolverine beat lobo right?

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Wolverine beat lobo right?

come on... thats comon knowledge! I though lobo was logan long lost brother... Logan styles himself on lobo, hes like wolvies hero... wolverine often chats online about how much lobo kicks ass! 1 time he insisted that lobo could beat galactus... for you see.... Logan is, A FANBOY!...

Mako Victim
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Yep, its how I got my name...

Wolverine beat lobo right?

Just because you hate the fact the Wolverine beat Lobo doesn't mean it didn't happen... That would be like me saying Ali never lost a fight because he's to tough roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mako Victim
Originally posted by Deus Ex
This is a ridiculous post, and it makes you sound suspiciously like a Wolverine fanboy since you answered the challenge. Nice job.

According to most people here I guess I am a fanboy, but it's not like I take anything you guys say to heart... In a way it's kinda sad that the best thing you guys could throw at me is "fanboy".... Sad, but alittle funny laughing

From now i'd just like to let it be known that whomever uses the word 'fanboy' to describe someone who likes a certain type of character needs to be kicked in the nuts repeatedly.

I cant stand the idiotic extremism of the viewpoints of people who use this term. Has it ever occured to them that someone might have a balanced point of view about something .. ie .. be able to see the good AND bad side of a character. Just because someone chooses to defend certain aspects of a character does not make them a 'fanboy'. Actually for that matter what is so horribly wrong with a bit of loyalty to a series of charaters .. or a bit of faith in the company that produced them. I hope people those people who are overly cynical end up with an ulcer.

End of rant.

SaTsuJiN
the entire 2 pages have provided no logic as to why ken would win..

if from a video game standpoint :

wolvy has much more combo-ability, and his supermoves are far more practical than ken's

I havent seen ken in any comic books.. (I never seen the SF ones)... so this is where.. the logic of ken hopefully becomes injected into this.. 'lovely' debate

Mako Victim
Hopefully...

peejayd
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the entire 2 pages have provided no logic as to why ken would win..

if from a video game standpoint :

wolvy has much more combo-ability, and his supermoves are far more practical than ken's

I havent seen ken in any comic books.. (I never seen the SF ones)... so this is where.. the logic of ken hopefully becomes injected into this.. 'lovely' debate

* depends on the player, actually...

* but considering the fact, that in the games - Ken's (flaming) dragon punch, once executed, Ken is untouchable... i often dish out multiple shoryukens on advancing offenses, like Wolverine's dash, berserker claws, drill claws, etc. - everytime Wolverine was blown away, burning sky high!

* a good player always knows how to counter / prevent Wolverine's annoying combos...

SaTsuJiN
so then, wouldnt a good player equally know how to sucker ken into doing a flaming dragon punch, thereby kicking the crap out of him on the way down?

brainchild81
Just because you hate the fact the Wolverine beat Lobo doesn't mean it didn't happen... That would be like me saying Ali never lost a fight because he's to tough roll eyes (sarcastic) That happened because of fanboy votes though. I like Wolverine waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Lobo, but Lobo would beat up Wolverine quite easily. I like Spidey and don't like Supes, but I'd be a fool and a fanboy to think Spidey could kick Supes @$$. If you think Wolvie can beat Lobo, you should loosen your helmet.laughing

Mako Victim
Originally posted by brainchild81
That happened because of fanboy votes though. I like Wolverine waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Lobo, but Lobo would beat up Wolverine quite easily. I like Spidey and don't like Supes, but I'd be a fool and a fanboy to think Spidey could kick Supes @$$. If you think Wolvie can beat Lobo, you should loosen your helmet.laughing

I don't think Wolverine could beat Lobo because it already happened, it doesn't matter if you think it's just fanboy trash or not.. Shit happens, sometimes the stronger guy just looses..

And besides 30,000 fanboys can't be wrong wink

brainchild81
Fanboys are almost always wrong. Wolvie VS Lobo is not canon. I know we're talking about fiction here, but I like when things make @least a bit of sense. If the World's weakest man punches Supes and Supes dies, I won't complain because I think Supes suxlaughing, but I'm smart enough to know things don't add up in the slightest.

Mako Victim
Well Wolverine's by far not the weakest man on the planet, and since his claws can pretty much cut threw anything if he hit anyone in the right place just on time there in trouble....

He stabed Lobo in the face and that was that smokin' not much else happened after that

But I get what your trying to say though, Wolverine beating Lobo really didn't make much sense wink

dvampire
so then, wouldnt a good player equally know how to sucker ken into doing a flaming dragon punch, thereby kicking the crap out of him on the way down?

Ken just use shoryuken with light punch, that whould mess up Wolverine's combo game. And Wolverine can't take alot of hits. smile

Tru_Slice
Fanboy or not...isn't Wovie the BEST at what he does?

...Or does Ken take that from him?

Deus Ex
War of the Fanboys.

Tru_Slice
We need to settle this in Marvel vs. Capcom.

Deus Ex
In that game Ken friggin' blows Wolverine away. Hell, Captain Commando and Gambit could hold off the entire rest of the cast by themselves.

Tru_Slice
Japaneese steriotype who had a run in the arcade for about 6 years vs. a comic legend that has existed for almost 40 years?

So not right.

Poor Wolvie.

I guess his run is over.

dvampire
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Japaneese steriotype who had a run in the arcade for about 6 years vs. a comic legend that has existed for almost 40 years?

So not right.

Poor Wolvie.

I guess his run is over.

Street Fighter is still in the game. big grin They have there own comics now with UDON, came out with another movie this month, and have a new card battle game. Street Fighter for ever!!!! big grin

unrealman
Street fighter characters who have been in the acardes the longest

1 Sagat ( 12 years)

2 Ryu ( 12 years)

3 Gen ( 12 years)

4 Adon ( 12 years)

5 Birdie ( 12 years)

6 Ken ( 12 years)

edit: Well actually Ken was only playable in vs. during street fighter one but hey that still counts.

7 the rest of the SF2 cast ( 6 years)

8 the Alpha characters ( 4 years)

Bonus: The Final Fight characters ( 10 years)

note: That's 8 to 14 years if you count crossover games.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by dvampire
Ken just use shoryuken with light punch, that whould mess up Wolverine's combo game. And Wolverine can't take alot of hits. smile light berserker barrage to fake offense, ken does shoryuken, slap em with weapon x when his feet touch the ground

but anyway I think we both know these 'vs' games were all about jump whoring and abusing top tier

being a light damage taker comes with the territory of being fast heh

Deus Ex
Actually, SF2 came out in 1992. That's well over ten years there.

AdventChild
you guys really need to get lives....
.....i' m one to talk really...

Deus Ex
Why'd you click this thread again?

Tru_Slice
you guys really need to get lives....
.....i' m one to talk really...

Belive me, this only takes up 5 minutes a day.

I go on here to brush up my sarcasm skills.

dvampire
light berserker barrage to fake offense, ken does shoryuken, slap em with weapon x when his feet touch the ground

but anyway I think we both know these 'vs' games were all about jump whoring and abusing top tier

being a light damage taker comes with the territory of being fast heh

Kens light shoryuken (I don't use hard punch that much since it leads into a combo if missed) goes right through Wolverines berserker though. Ken could also keep Wolvie out of the air with his air hurricane kicks, which does alot of damage and is hard to hit out of the air when doing that move. One combo ( down plus light punch to hard punch, brings them into the air; once air borne start with LP, LK, MP, MK, then end it with a tornado kick which deals massive damage, especially against characters that take lots of damage) with Ken deals alot of damage. As long you keep air tornado kicks on the screen to stop people who like to jump in alot, use light shoryuken's to keep opponents from jumping at you, and dash alot while keeping an hadoken on screen when need, it'll be hard to beat him against any character. smile

Tha C-Master
wow...

dvampire
Thanks! thumb up

SaTsuJiN
there 'is' the block >> pushback, plus I dont really see people needing to go airborne with wolv.. he's not exactly top tier either (same for ken)

not to mention drill claw is used more for mobility than for damage.. he could drill claw right out the way of the air hurricane.. erm

however, herein lies the problem.. the OP hasnt specified which ken and which wolverine... the only possible overkill on kens part is if he's from Street Fighter 3.. then theres no way wolv can win, cuz SF3 parries pwn all games (probably only 2nd to soul calibur)

Creshosk
Poor Wolvie.

I guess his run is over. You kidding? he's a marvel cash cow. . it'll probably turn out to have been another skrullverine or have Phoenix bring him back. . .

peejayd

* oh? and a good player will not use a flaming dragon punch unless wolverine is in the dragon punch range... do a fake move against Ken, and they'll eat his Hadouken squarely...

* the thing is... Wolverine's moves are not effective in single hits, the Wolverine player needs to perform a chain combo to dish out a fine damage... Ken's single moves, however, can always send Wolverine sky high with good amount of damage to boot... eek!

peejayd
Fanboy or not...isn't Wovie the BEST at what he does?

...Or does Ken take that from him?

* Wolverine? the best at what he does? what does Logan do most often? rush... act first, and think of the consequences later... wow, that's something... stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by peejayd
* oh? and a good player will not use a flaming dragon punch unless wolverine is in the dragon punch range... do a fake move against Ken, and they'll eat his Hadouken squarely...

* the thing is... Wolverine's moves are not effective in single hits, the Wolverine player needs to perform a chain combo to dish out a fine damage... Ken's single moves, however, can always send Wolverine sky high with good amount of damage to boot... eek!

I'm pretty sure ken and wolv are the same tier... try finding an MvC2 Ken vs Wolv vid or something

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Deus Ex

laughing out loud

peejayd
I'm pretty sure ken and wolv are the same tier... try finding an MvC2 Ken vs Wolv vid or something

* Ken & Wolverine may be in the same tier but let us accept the fact that Ken's single move does a lot more damage than Wolverine's... provided, it's not a chain combo...

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Creshosk
You kidding? he's a marvel cash cow. . it'll probably turn out to have been another skrullverine or have Phoenix bring him back. . .

huh

legacy92
New ?

Mako Victim
you guys really need to get lives...

I'm with you on this one, everytime I hear the word "fanboy" I die laughing laughing

shin_remy
Originally posted by unrealman
Street fighter characters who have been in the acardes the longest

1 Sagat ( 12 years)

2 Ryu ( 12 years)

3 Gen ( 12 years)

4 Adon ( 12 years)

5 Birdie ( 12 years)

6 Ken ( 12 years)

edit: Well actually Ken was only playable in vs. during street fighter one but hey that still counts.

7 the rest of the SF2 cast ( 6 years)

8 the Alpha characters ( 4 years)

Bonus: The Final Fight characters ( 10 years)

note: That's 8 to 14 years if you count crossover games.

sf 1 is released in Augustus 1987
Sf2 is released in 1989 and in europe in 1991

so it isn't right what you say!!! smile

SaTsuJiN
* Ken & Wolverine may be in the same tier but let us accept the fact that Ken's single move does a lot more damage than Wolverine's... provided, it's not a chain combo... lol so what?.. people could pick juggernaut and say "Omg I'll blam your lifebar in 5 hits".. thing is .. he has to be allowed to hit you first for this to occur.. same thing for this battle.. if wolv player is skilled you'll only get a few luck jabs off of him heh.

peejayd
lol so what?.. people could pick juggernaut and say "Omg I'll blam your lifebar in 5 hits".. thing is .. he has to be allowed to hit you first for this to occur.. same thing for this battle.. if wolv player is skilled you'll only get a few luck jabs off of him heh.

* big grin but Ken is no Juggernaut, so nah... stick out tongue

* luck jabs? looks like the only thing you've witnessed in games, is the ever-overrated Wolverine chain combo... have you ever saw a good Ken player dish out his own Ken chain combo, it's spectacular, my friend, i tell you, it's spectacular... more impressive & efficient unlike Wolverine's reckless rushes... wink

SaTsuJiN
* big grin but Ken is no Juggernaut, so nah... stick out tongue

* luck jabs? looks like the only thing you've witnessed in games, is the ever-overrated Wolverine chain combo... have you ever saw a good Ken player dish out his own Ken chain combo, it's spectacular, my friend, i tell you, it's spectacular... more impressive & efficient unlike Wolverine's reckless rushes... wink

lol I dunno, those asian dudes put on a good show with wolvie .. but I'm not sure if they use regular wolv or boneclaw wolv more often.. /shrug

legacy92
New

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.