Phantom Stranger vs. Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ImmortalOne
no PREP !!!!

long pig
Wtf no prep?

sad Strange loses.

ImmortalOne
Okay, with 10 hours !!

ImmortalOne
Sorry, pig... NOt to degrade Strange er anything... I was just havin fun with that no prep comment !!!

long pig
One sided 10 hours?

ImmortalOne
Both of course ~~

gautam
r u kiddin...stranger takes this...

ImmortalOne
How exactly srong is PS ??

kevdude
hmmm hard fight big grin

ImmortalOne
HOw hard ??

kevdude
idk they would probably both realise they could almost kill each other then just sit down with a cup of tea and talk it over with words about what they would have done to each other happy

ImmortalOne
Or talk better stuff..... like comparing their personal chick-getting spells !!!

spetznaz
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
no PREP !!!!

Without some serious prep Strange loses this one. The Phantom Stranger, depending on what origin story you believe, is either a form of the Spectre, an angel of heaven that remained neutral during The Rebellion, or any number of things. The only thing that is constant is that he is bad mojo to mess with.

Dr Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme, and thus has access to many spells and such. He even has access to beings such as the Vishanti etc etc etc (although recently it seems as if he has lost most of his contacts ....in DareDevil Visionaries he even said he had started to doubt his powers), but even in his prime the doc would have to really have Batman/Dr.Doom worth prep-time to have any chance against the Phantom Stranger.

And even then what would happen would be that the PS would just give the doc a sad look, with his blazing white eyes, and suddenly the Doc would be fish bait dangling from a lure held by a little boy fishing on the Mississippi.

End of story.

Strange would need Dr.Doom/Batman prep time to even stand a chance .....and even then .....well .....you do not send a magician against an instrument of a deity. And according to the way DC writes PS, THE Deity. PS is basically a more subtle form of the Spectre. Not as powerful, not nearly as flashy, but still bad mojo to mess with.

Strange loses.
And I love Strange.

Sentry
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367940&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Strange loses. But not easily. It also depends how Stranger was written. If Swamp Thing can give Phantom Stranger a run for his money back before he had the powers of parliament, Strange should be able to do a bit more.

Strange is one of the few beings who have knocked out Galactus.

long pig
Daredevil Visionaires?

You talking about the TPB reprints that came out in 01-02? The reprinted stories from 1996 or so when Strange was having problems with the Vishanti?

Or is it something else?

From all knowledge, Strange is back fully with all powers with no fear of losing them.
Strange could def. win a few with 10hr prep. Maybe the majority since Strange is better than Doom and Batman combined when it comes to prep.

Whirlysplatt
At the moment the Phantom Stranger is a mouse - Strange at present wins.

smile

long pig
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt

smile
Beggars can't be choosers, I'll take it.
evil face

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by long pig
Beggars can't be choosers, I'll take it.
evil face

smile he may not be a mouse much longer, its about ass silly as when Thor was a frog smile

Juntai

smile No he isn't, he came back in DOV 6.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Juntai
No he isn't, he came back in DOV 6.

Did he smile I have that unread on the kitchen table, cool I will read it in a minute.

Juntai
Did he smile I have that unread on the kitchen table, cool I will read it in a minute. Did you read the new JLA? I must discuss implications with you. They are monumental to say the least.

long pig
Why not discuss them with everyone? We will listen! big grin

Juntai
Originally posted by long pig
Why not discuss them with everyone? We will listen! big grin sure.. gimme a few.

Whirlysplatt
Did you read the new JLA? I must discuss implications with you. They are monumental to say the least.
I haven't read it yet but I will smile

Whirlysplatt
No he isn't, he came back in DOV 6.

I have read "demousefied" you are right my friend smile

Juntai
OK, I'm going to make a post on the comic forum soon about JLA 119, stay out of it until you read the issue.

Whirlysplatt
OK, I'm going to make a post on the comic forum soon about JLA 119, stay out of it until you read the issue.

I will do smile

Juntai
Done.

gotta do some stuff, be back in a few.

ImmortalOne
Yo, I have no regrets putting PS in my avatar !!!

Avalonofthewind
Did he smile I have that unread on the kitchen table, cool I will read it in a minute.

One of the best comics I have read recently. Great great story.

ImmortalOne
I think DOV is the best mini-series YET !!!

Mider
How is PS having a hard time with Swampthing mean that he isnt as strong as they say Swampthing is one of the most powerful beings in DCU he has fought the word and held his own his powers are big time bad he could take over the world if he wished.

Arabian Knight
Swampthing is one of the most powerful creatures in D.C bar none.

I put him at good odds over Odin in Asgard.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Arabian Knight
Swampthing is one of the most powerful creatures in D.C bar none.

I put him at good odds over Odin in Asgard.

yes

Arabian Knight
In fact, lemme bump that old thread. See if any new fish bite.

Juntai
In a no prep fight Phantom Stranger murders him.
In a prepped fight, it would be much closer and could go either way.

Psycho Ninja
in a prep/no-prep PS WINS !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.