Hairspray Casting: What do you think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Moviemanic9078
Who do you think will cast in these best-loved roles? Heres what I think

Tracy Turnbald-Christina Ricci (if she wears a fat suit).
Edna Turnbald-John Travolta
Penny Pingleton-Emmy Rossum
Link Larkin-Chad Micheal Murray
Wilbur Turnbald-Billly Crystal
Motormouth Maybelle-Mo'nqiue
Amber Von Tussle-Kirsten Dunst
Seaweed J Stubbs-Usher
Velma Von Tussle-Goldie Hawn
Corny Colllins-Donny Osmond

These are just my opinons but if you have an opinion about casting please post.

Cinemaddiction
Why the hell are they making another version of this?

Cringe
Ive never seen hairspray so I wouldnt know where to start.lol.

botankus
Agree with Cory. Why would you remake a movie that's only 15 years old and was pretty lame to begin with?

Revan Souer
I have to agree with Cim and Bot it was a really awful movie, Id rather be licked by that horse then watch a remake

spacecadet813
I've never seen the movie, but the musical is way totally awesome, and if they made a movie of the musical I would be like the first one in line at the midnight showing, but I would want Marissa Jaret Winkour to be Tracy, Harvey Fierstein to be Edna Turnblad and Laura Bell Bundy to be Amber. The rest of the cast I wouldn't care about too much if they didn't used the OBCs, but it would be awesome if they threw Sutton Foster and Idina Menzel in there somewhere. Oh, and John Tartaglia would be such an awesome Link (even though I love Matthew Morrison), but John Tartaglia has the sexiest voice in the world.

Cinemaddiction
The older movie is actually pretty fun, based off of the musical of course.

spacecadet813
oh p.s. about emmy rossum as penny pingleton- i totally don't see that. I thought that she was AWESOME in POTO, but I just don't see her as Penny. Plus I totally heart Kerry Butler, she was such a cute Penny in the OBCs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.